• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Exentryk

Making slow progress - finished the 2nd palace. Story for this one wasn't as interesting as the first, and the conversation seems to be getting boring (repetitive). But I am starting to get into Persona building and now just waiting on
"strengthen persona" ability to really go crazy; should be getting it in a few more in-game days.
Combat is much more manageable on hard now with
SP3 accessories, and multi-hitting abilities.

Bad Ending 1: Fail to take Sae's heart by deadline.

Bad Ending 2: Sell out your team.

Bad Ending 3: Choose one of the options (forget which one) at final battle.

Bad Ending 3: Accept fake Igor's offer.

For that first one,
I think failing to meet any deadline will trip a bad ending. Or at least that's how it usually worked in the previous games.

Is
accepting Yaldabaoth's offer
the so-called "Good" ending, then?

For that first one,
I think failing to meet any deadline will trip a bad ending. Or at least that's how it usually worked in the previous games.

Is
accepting Yaldabaoth's offer
the so-called "Good" ending, then?

I don't remember that thing giving any offer at all. Unless if you're talking about fake Igor.

But I haven't seen the other endings myself, I got the true ending naturally.

I thought palace 3 was almost over

And then it just kept going -.-

Its obvious they designed these dungeons around going like 4 times spread over the time alloted instead of the 1-2 that most people seem to do. I don't really know how you fix that issue but yeah it becomes tiring especially in 3 and 5

No you're right, that's why I actually went back and spoilered it. I was just having some fun. No offense meant, my bad.

This is basically what I meant by it. I'll spoiler it just in case, but you would have to cover your eyes when putting the game in and starting it to not know this character was a party member. In this it's more the how that's important than the who.
No it's cool. It's such a long game that I feel like it's easy to actually forget you know something is coming, honestly. Someone who joins your party ~60 hours in is going to feel like sensitive material to somebody. Personally, I'm just mad that they have a better spot on the steelbox than Yusuke.

Anyone ignore Mishima when he asks to hang out during a holiday?

I mean I don't even decline, just straight up ignore the dude.
He's the actual worse. I never want to be around him so I'm neglecting the link altogether.

Palace 5 feels so stale, and I'm only at the beginning. It's also draining SP like crazy. It's the longest one right?

Perineum

So, I thought I could course correct some stuff I botched early on in the guide GameFaqs had up by not talking to a few confidants with the correct persona equipped, but come later to find out that I was feeding my plant the wrong nutrients whole game. I was supposed to be getting +3 kindness, but instead I have been getting only +2. Store never sold any other kind of nutrients, so I guess there mustve been somewhere else to buy them.

Welp no chance in hell I can course correct all this now since I missed out on 2 needed Futaba hang outs, but dont have the kindness needed to hang with her so I am trying to flower shop bump.

Had a question about momentos though. I followed the guide and I had something around 11 quests in there when I went in the 2nd time in September. Two of the requests I have seems I cant complete. One is DEEP in here for a cheater. He evades everything, I survived the turns, and now I have to head back outside to learn how to beat him, is that correct?

Another is called we are not your slaves or something to that accord, and I was supposed to have talked to someone at the bar back in the real world, and I didn't see it in the guide to go do that, but I take it I should've done that before coming in here to trigger the spawn of the enemy in here. Am I hosed to complete this one now since the Hawaii trip is right when I get back ?

Its obvious they designed these dungeons around going like 4 times spread over the time alloted instead of the 1-2 that most people seem to do. I don't really know how you fix that issue but yeah it becomes tiring especially in 3 and 5

Well whats dumb about palace 3 is
they make a big deal about how the treasure should be after this giant circular lock room, so you'd expect the next room to be the treasure room, surprise another lengthy corridor light dodging section for no real reason

I thought palace 3 was almost over

And then it just kept going -.-

ah so its a long one? i just got up to that palace, was hoping it would be similar to the second one which i found pretty short. i like to finish the palaces as quick as possible so i can focus on bonding and shit since you can't do anything else after entering a palace.

I don't remember that thing giving any offer at all. Unless if you're talking about fake Igor.

But I haven't seen the other endings myself, I got the true ending naturally.

Well, yeah, I meant
"Igor?" (I cracked up at that name in the text box label) because that is Yaldabaoth.

Anyway, I'm totally gonna try that shit this time, lol.

ah so its a long one? i just got up to that palace, was hoping it would be similar to the second one which i found pretty short. i like to finish the palaces as quick as possible so i can focus on bonding and shit since you can't do anything else after entering a palace.

Its the only one that took me 3 days. It's really tiring to try and do it quickly

Its the only one that took me 3 days. It's really tiring to try and do it quickly
well i got a 5 mp recovery items so hopefully thats enough to get it done in the least amount of trips possible
Welp no chance in hell I can course correct all this now since I missed out on 2 needed Futaba hang outs, but dont have the kindness needed to hang with her so I am trying to flower shop bump.

i haven't met her yet but what level kindness do i need to hang out with her so i can be prepared when the time come? mines is lvl 2 atm(just started the 3rd palace)

Perineum

well i got a 5 mp recovery items so hopefully thats enough to get it done in the least amount of trips possible

i haven't met her yet but what level kindness do i need to hang out with her so i can be prepared when the time come? mines is lvl 2 atm(just started the 3rd palace)

You will need level 4 kindness and another stat too I think? Someone can confirm I am sure.

You can hang out with her after palace 4.

traveler

Not Wario
Palace 2 introduced the idea of
blocking events that require you to go outside the dungeon, but I'm working through palace 5 now and they've yet to use that again.
I get that it interacts in a poor way with planning/the displayed deadline if people run it down to the wire, but that seemed like the perfect solution to pacing dungeons without making confidant conscious players feel like they need to the dungeon in one go.
Hope they refine this idea and use it again in persona 6.

Dungeon 2 feels shorter since
its essentially broken up into halves since you have to leave at one point
dungeon 3 by comparison
you can get to the treasure in 1 day.

Really the only issue with dungeon 3 is that it has a nice pacing up to a certain point where the dungeon should have ended. It then just throws one last needless stretch to pad it out.

Zafir

Man, is (12/24 spoilers)
the prison a huge difficulty spike or what? Granted, I think I've also been a little underleveled all game (early 60s right now) but I'm barely surviving, it feels like.

I was basically at the same level on normal. I felt like I could have been a bit low level but I didn't have too much trouble. Mainly because I stopped conserving SP at that point and just blew attacks & spells on everything. By that point I had 3 or 4 Soma's so I wasn't really worried about SP.

And since there's a lot of
Akechi
discussion on the last few pages, I'm just going to write up a thing on him.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE GAME

It seems to me that the game decided to do something atypical with the Seven Deadly Sins in that it split Vanity off from Pride and gave it its own dungeon in Madarame, and then took Wrath and split it in half. The first half is Futaba's erroneous view of her mother, and the second half is Goro.

Goro comes across to me as someone who is severely emotionally stunted. He's meant to be the classic detective rival to the protagonist's gentleman thief, and he's even got some similar circumstances in that he's implied to be another Wild Card. But where both Goro and the Phantom Thieves are in it for revenge, Joker and crew use that drive to free other victims, whereas Goro just uses it for his own revenge and gratification. In other words, the Phantom Thieves are the righteous version of anger (hey, I just realized why the game's theme colour is red!), while Goro is what happens when that anger consumes you and leads you wrong, i.e. Wrath.

I remember him saying some stuff in his battle that made him out to be very condescending and dismissive of the Thieves' actions and circumstances, like he just couldn't move past his own victimization to transform it into righteous retribution, as they (and especially Joker, as they both got fucked over by the same person) did. And then you consider his ridiculous Metaverse outfit, Persona design, and All-Out-Attack finisher, and it's all just so... childish. The other characters' outfits and Personas mostly have this sense of grace or coherence to them, but his look like some over-the-top cheesy design you'd see in a comic aimed at elementary schoolers. And then his AOA finisher is this absurd attempt to show off and look more graceful than the other characters do, but instead it ends up super overdone and just looks ridiculous because he's clearly acting, while everyone else is honest and has actually dealt with their shit. In other words, Goro doesn't know what heroism actually looks like.

Tl;dr: Wrath is what happens when you don't have the emotional maturity to direct your anger in a constructive direction and end up fucking up everything around you instead.
So, in more ways than one, Akechi was the one playing hero all along.

[6/13]
[Kawakami tells you that Nijiima wants to talk to you] - "You can worry about the blackboard later. We don't have time now!!!"
[Nijiima is confronting the protagonist, Ryuji calls] - "Hey Protagonist, let's all go to the usual spot to hold a PHANTOM THIEVES meeting for our next heist because we're the PHANTOM THIEVES and we - PROTAGONIST, RYUJI SAKAMOTO, ANN TAKAMAKI - are the ones responsible for both Kamoshida's and Madarame's confessions!!!"

This poor fucking protag. Someone save him from these "friends".

Guess Who

Banned
I was basically at the same level on normal. I felt like I could have been a bit low level but I didn't have too much trouble. Mainly because I stopped conserving SP at that point and just blew attacks & spells on everything. By that point I had 3 or 4 Soma's so I wasn't really worried about SP.

(12/24)
I'm not too concerned about SP, I've got two Somas and quite a few coffees and curries and veggies, but it just feels like everything hits really hard. A single God Hand is dropping some of my party to single digits, and enemies like Dionysus have no weaknesses and take multiple turns to kill.

I spend more time grinding on my single run days not for exp but for money. I've never been so tight for cash in the other persona games p5 really tries to suck you dry if you're a max efficiency player.

(12/24)
I'm not too concerned about SP, I've got two Somas and quite a few coffees and curries, but it just feels like everything hits really hard. A single God Hand is dropping some of my party to single digits, and enemies like Dionysus have no weaknesses and take multiple turns to kill.

There is a huge difficulty spike there. But I'm not sure if you know this but the twins will heal you.

Figments

Okay, so what the fuck. I think I need help.

Anyone know the weaknesses for
Rebellious Elephant
? I'm trying to progress through
Okumura's Palace
and this fucking thing keeps killing me.

Zafir

(12/24)
I'm not too concerned about SP, I've got two Somas and quite a few coffees and curries, but it just feels like everything hits really hard. A single God Hand is dropping some of my party to single digits, and enemies like Dionysus have no weaknesses and take multiple turns to kill.

12/24
Hmm, I didn't notice that, maybe I had better armour? I know I upgraded before I started the endgame stuff. Another thing I took advantage of in that dungeon was negotiating, some of the enemies which were tedious to kill, I'd just try and fish for a critical and end the battle through negotiating. You get a bit less XP, but rather that than risk the battle going longer, dying and having to redo the dungeon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So the 6th Palace is short or longer than 5? Im honestly so suprised I beat Palace 5 with no sp in the final areas near the treasure room lol.

Shorter for me.

Rebellious Elephant
Okumura's Palace

Psy.

Think about the teammate that unlocks in this palace. :p

I spend more time grinding on my single run days not for exp but for money. I've never been so tight for cash in the other persona games p5 really tries to suck you dry if you're a max efficiency player.

I've found money becomes a lot easier to get after a couple ranks of the Sun confidant.
I haven't tried the "ask for a large amount of money" option yet, but the option to keep asking for more until they fight back is a game-changer. Just find a shadow that pays out well, and milk them for all they're worth. Ones that are weak to guns are ideal, since you can keep knocking them back down all day long.

Neoweee

I know it was hated, but the "tired" mechanic wasn't that bad of a fix.

Other possible solutions:
- More restrictions on SP regeneration (Invigorate accessories basically break the game, if SP is at all intended to be a limiting factor).
- "Rested EXP" ala World of Warcraft, or something, where it is discernibly easier for dungeon crawling in multiple chunks.
- Daily (or occasional) Confidant Bonuses (win X fights with character Y in your party for some Confidant points)
- Daily (or occasional) Social Skill bonuses, to muddy the math and make it more abstract to min-max.
- Don't make dungeon crawling kill both Afternoon & Night sections.
- More regular Mementos/Sidequest deadlines, and allow the player to do Palace & Mementos in the same trip.
- Just make more dungeons, to force more even dungeon exploration chunks.

There's a lot of mechanics that could be explored.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have a confession to make.

In Palace 3
I was tired of it by the end so I looked up some of the vault codes online instead of finding the scraps of paper.

ramyeon

I haven't found any of the palaces to overstay their welcome yet, just beat 5. I've done them all in 1 day if possible besides the first one which I did in 2.

I have a confession to make.

In Palace 3
I was tired of it by the end so I looked up some of the vault codes online instead of finding the scraps of paper.

I did this with the last..2? I'm not ashamed. Fuck
Kaneshiro
and his stupid fucking palace.

I've also been finishing palaces in one trip. Pacing yourself just messes up your day to day life and waiting until the last minute just ensures people are whining at you about the palace for a month.

I've found money becomes a lot easier to get after a couple ranks of the Sun confidant.
I haven't tried the "ask for a large amount of money" option yet, but the option to keep asking for more until they fight back is a game-changer. Just find a shadow that pays out well, and milk them for all they're worth. Ones that are weak to guns are ideal, since you can keep knocking them back down all day long.

I have that skill and do make use of it, just on a first run to the treasure I try not to ask for more too many times for fear of getting wombo'd by enemies I'm not sure I can survive a full wave.

Goldboy

Rebellious Elephant
Okumura's Palace

Those fucking elephants were the bane of my existence. I still get a bit angry when I remember the time I was 40 minutes from the last safe room just to watch my protagonist getting hit by an insta-kill attack from one of those things.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The entire group chat thing is genius, the subtle character moments that happen in there are awesome.

Edit: re palace 5, i think the worst part is the first puzzle. It overstays its welcome but after that it's smooth sailing.

Top Bottom