• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Need to fuse Satanael and beat the Velvet Twins.

Wait, this is possible?

I've just started NG+, so I haven't gotten far enough to check for myself. I know you could always do this in P3 and P4, but Satanael was so over-the-top that I figured there was no way they'd actually let me do that, lmao

There's something fun to look forward to.

Can he be registered in the Compendium this time?

Alucrid

Banned
Wait, this is possible?

I've just started NG+, so I haven't gotten far enough to check for myself. I know you could always do this in P3 and P4, but Satanael was so over-the-top that I figured there was no way they'd actually let me do that, lmao

There's something fun to look forward to.

Can he be registered in the Compendium this time?

yes, yes

Kinsei

Banned
Palace 4 is kinda disappointing.
I thought it was gonna focus purely on exploration and puzzle solving but then I met Shadow Futaba.

Chase17

Palace 4 is kinda disappointing.
I thought it was gonna focus purely on exploration and puzzle solving but then I met Shadow Futaba.

Have you gotten through the town section? It becomes puzzle/exploration based a bit after that for the most part

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Dojima is a pretty tragic figure when you think about it. An alcoholic windowed single father who spends all his time as apparently the only competent person on the police force in a washed up old rural town. Sojima seems well adjusted in comparison.

I maxed out dojima social link, i dont remember him being an alchoholic ?

Ok, need some help. I have a Persona I fused that I really like. However, I need to fuse the same one again to meet a requirement of the Wardens. I locked the persona, but when I went to create the one I needed
the guillotine failed and they broke out a chainsaw resulting in a different persona being created.
so my question is, was that just a coincidence or does that happen with locked personas? Also, if I unlock the persona and fuse a new one, does it automatically over write my registered persona?

Thank fuck. I hated that
Izanagi-no-Okami
couldn't be registered in P4. That was some bullshit.

I remember him coming home to his seven-year-old kid while so drunk he could barely walk at least once, maybe twice.

If I collect a new persona then immediately delete it, will it automatically be in the compendium?

Any Persona that isn't in the compendium is automatically registered as soon as it enters your stock, whether via negotiation or fusion. It needs to actually enter your stock though, so no grabbing it when your stock is full and then releasing the one you just won (meaning you didn't actually take it).

Platypus

Ok, need some help. I have a Persona I fused that I really like. However, I need to fuse the same one again to meet a requirement of the Wardens. I locked the persona, but when I went to create the one I needed
the guillotine failed and they broke out a chainsaw resulting in a different persona being created.
so my question is, was that just a coincidence or does that happen with locked personas? Also, if I unlock the persona and fuse a new one, does it automatically over write my registered persona?

It was a coincidence. And fusing a persona that you already have registered won't automatically overwrite.

Kinsei

Banned
I really wish confidants would interact with each other. There's no good reason I can't
tell Kawakami about Takemi if I've progressed far enough in the latter.

Do the Devil arcana gave you three points of charm each time?

The arcana skill seems useless, but damn I need those sweet charm points to woo Takemi and Hifumi...

Hero

Without spoiling any story details:

Are there multiple endings to this game?

If so, do you have to play through the game multiple times?

Discussion about a party member who is heavily featured in the marketing materials for the game and in the splash screen when you start it up but may not obviously be a party member if you really haven't been paying attention:

Look, I don't like Akechi. Don't like his aesthetic, don't like his character, don't like having him around. But goddamn if he isn't powerful as fuck. I feel kind of strong-armed into keeping him in my party because he's just too effective.

He wasn't a raging addict or anything, but I got the impression that it he didn't mind drinking for stress relief ..Somehow? in the game

Dude came home drunk once, must be an alcoholic.

Obviously.

Look, I don't like Akechi. Don't like his aesthetic, don't like his character, don't like having him around. But goddamn if he isn't powerful as fuck. I feel kind of strong-armed into keeping him in my party because he's just too effective.
This should be tagged I'm thinking

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Think of the endings more as stopping points which you must surpass to get to the true ending.

Kireek

There's only one true ending and a couple of "false" / bad endings, but they're easy enough to avoid

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

2 Bad Endings, 1 Good, and 1 True.

It is very easy and very straightforward to see if you can progress/ what's good or bad.

Way more than P4.

ramyeon

Nah I think you have to bring them to compendium first

Wow glad I didn't delete
some of my break skills yet for Palace 5
They register automatically once they go into your stock.

You only have to manually register Persona that have leveled up, gained experience or changed moves etc.

ramyeon

Losing money while being hit by forget is annoying. It's really irritating that I lost like a quarter of my earnings because of it.
Do you mean confuse? Doesn't forget just make you unable to use skills on some turns?

Never lost any from confuse - how much do they throw away usually?

2 Bad Endings, 1 Good, and 1 True.

It is very easy and very straightforward to see if you can progress/ what's good or bad.

Way more than P4.

Hmm, I thought there were only Bad, Good, and True.

I think I'll deliberately trip the lesser endings on this NG+ run before reloading and actually continuing properly, just to see them. I only tripped the first bad one on my first playthrough (
where you sell out your teammates
). Found it amusing that the game blatantly
warned me that this was an incredibly questionable decision.

Discussion about a party member who is heavily featured in the marketing materials for the game and in the splash screen when you start it up but may not obviously be a party member if you really haven't been paying attention:

You're being sarcastic at me here, but I'm just letting you know that some people did go in blind. People have been spoiler tagging party members names and calling confidants by their arcana only throughout the thread *shrug* especially regarding the late game party members

ramyeon

You're being sarcastic at me here, but I'm just letting you know that some people did go in blind. People have been spoiler tagging party members names and calling confidants by their arcana only throughout the thread *shrug* especially regarding the late game party members
They're on the cover and the splash screen though.

Bucca

Hmm, I thought there were only Bad, Good, and True.

I think I'll deliberately trip the lesser endings on this NG+ run before reloading and actually continuing properly, just to see them. I only tripped the first bad one on my first playthrough (
where you sell out your teammates
). Found it amusing that the game blatantly
warned me that this was an incredibly questionable decision.

Bad Ending 1: Fail to take Sae's heart by deadline.

Bad Ending 2: Sell out your team.

Bad Ending 3: Choose one of the options (forget which one) at final battle.

Bucca

Yes, confused. I'm not sure why I wrote forget. 6th palace and 3 times MC threw away 24k. I wouldn't mind if it was 5 k but anything over it sucks.

Holy shit, I'm sorry for you, but that is hilarious

No you're right, that's why I actually went back and spoilered it. I was just having some fun. No offense meant, my bad.

They're on the cover and the splash screen though.

This is basically what I meant by it. I'll spoiler it just in case, but you would have to cover your eyes when putting the game in and starting it to not know this character was a party member. In this it's more the how that's important than the who.

Guess Who

Banned
Man, is (12/24 spoilers)
the prison a huge difficulty spike or what? Granted, I think I've also been a little underleveled all game (early 60s right now) but I'm barely surviving, it feels like.

Bad Ending 1: Fail to take Sae's heart by deadline.

Bad Ending 2: Sell out your team.

Bad Ending 3: Choose one of the options (forget which one) at final battle.

Bad Ending 3: Accept fake Igor's offer.

Man, is (12/24 spoilers)
the prison a huge difficulty spike or what? Granted, I think I've also been a little underleveled all game (early 60s right now) but I'm barely surviving, it feels like.

Yes, that dungeon was pretty hard for me as well. And the safe rooms are badly placed on top of that.

Thankfully, by that time I've already lots of fantastic confidant skills at my disposal.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Anyone ignore Mishima when he asks to hang out during a holiday?

I mean I don't even decline, just straight up ignore the dude.

I will say that I think it was sort of bullshit to lock switching teammates behind a social link. I can understand if you didn't suffer a penalty, but I think the missed MC turn is enough to justify not having to work for that one.

SephLuis

Is there good and true endings or they are the same ? I think I got the true at least since I got the
See the ending
trophy

Top Bottom