• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I'm think of switching to safety for NG+ to get more exp and more money faster. This would help me get all the Persona I missed out easier.

The only problem is that I won't get to experience the optional boss, and I won't get to test out my cool shit :(

I'm just about done with my first playthrough. Looks like on my second I can focus on catching the big fish, maxing out confidants I didn't finish (I think only one or two) and getting those god damn treasure demons in my compendium.

It makes me feel sorry for him because I can imagine his attachment to those Super Cool and Super Handsome children's heroes and him thinking he could earn approval by being like them.

I definitely think he's supposed to be something
of a tragic counterpart to Joker.

But I can't feel too bad for him because he really fucked most of that up himself. Shido may have been the initial source of fuckery in his life, but it doesn't seem like Akechi ever tried to learn anything or grow as a person, which is why all his heroic appearance stuff is so shallow. It's all imitation without any attempt at understanding.

Lunar15

Palace 4 was worth the price of admission. A real highlight so far. Music, narrative, gameplay, boss... everything was a treat.

Absol

Palace 5 Boss

I almost got fucked when Ann decided to remove the hunger status on my MC just before the big bang attack. Decided to cast a couple more swift strikes with MC since I figured I'd just get healed after the attack but Ann decided to auto cure the status lol. Good thing I was able to kill him with the rest of my party since he was low on health already.

Palace 5 Boss

I almost got fucked when Ann decided to remove the hunger status on my MC just before the big bang attack. Decided to cast a couple more swift strikes with MC since I figured I'd just get healed after the attack but Ann decided to auto cure the status lol. Good thing I was able to kill him with the rest of my party since he was low on health already.

Are you... are you not playing with direct control? This is unfathomable to me.

Opa-Pa

Does using cheat codes for the retro games net you less stat points or is Morgana just saying things? Train of Life is some bullshit without them.

Jiraiza

mLWTdnL.jpg

Th-Thanks Yusuke.

Olengie

Everyone on my team besides me ran out of SP before I reached the Vault in Palace 3. Damn. That SP Regain Accessory does work

AXE

Did you not play Persona 4? Cause you have to schedule like Persona 4. I pretty much do as much as possible palace wise within the first week, once I'm at the point where I can beat it I chill out for a bit, do some social shit and when I have a couple of days left then I beat the palace.

I can understand the question, but I'm not sure if I'm down with this being a prerequisite. I suppose its kin to what might happen when someone starts playing Dark Souls 3 as their first Soulsverse game -- the challenge might come as a surprise. Though with DS you're not slapped in the face with X hours time lost, haw haw!

But, as I said I didn't know that the dungeon would be hours long. Why? Well, because I hadn't played previous P games obviously, but I honestly thought that the place would be an afterthought -- even though everything spun around the King in the real world. Why? Because the Palace looked like crap. Straight corridors with extremely little detailing and interiors. "Oh, this is just some tutorial section like VR missions in MGS".

Well, now I know how the game works. Still, I do hope that my foolishness isn't widespread. Could make folks quit the game entirely.

Gotta work your way immediately to the last save room and then fool around in the city.

FTF

I just finished BoTW, 120 hours, and I'm on a long game rush now. I have a ton of games in my backlog but I think I'm going to pick this up and have it consume me for the next month or two.

I definitely think he's supposed to be something
of a tragic counterpart to Joker.

But I can't feel too bad for him because he really fucked most of that up himself. Shido may have been the initial source of fuckery in his life, but it doesn't seem like Akechi ever tried to learn anything or grow as a person, which is why all his heroic appearance stuff is so shallow. It's all imitation without any attempt at understanding.

November-December Mid boss fight:

I like his rant about how he did everything to appear as a model citizen and even a celebrity, but in the end still felt inferior to Joker who had the label of an outcast of society.

Does using cheat codes for the retro games net you less stat points or is Morgana just saying things? Train of Life is some bullshit without them.

I had this question too. From what I can tell, it doesn't reduce your stat gain at all, it just makes the minigame actions easier to beat (ex. for the games that ask you to roll dice, you get more rolls before failure).

Opa-Pa

I had this question too. From what I can tell, it doesn't reduce your stat gain at all, it just makes the minigame actions easier to beat (ex. for the games that ask you to roll dice, you get more rolls before failure).

Ah nice. Morgana's comments made me worry for a bit. Thanks!

Palace 5 boss

If you're affected by hunger status and the boss does the big bang attack, instead of doing massive damage it will heal you instead.

Lmao that's brilliant.

I have to confess, the Persona 2 costume and BGM DLC was an insta buy for me. I'm part of the problem.

I considered getting it the day I got the game, but it was so far off that I forgot about it and I'm already done with the game.

Weren't these costume + BGM sets temporarily free launch DLC for the Japanese version or something?

You know guys, you don't have to do the palaces in one shot... there is no shame in retreating if your team is running out of juice, or if you feel like it's too long a session.

Opa-Pa

I have to confess, the Persona 2 costume and BGM DLC was an insta buy for me. I'm part of the problem.

Can't wait to be part of the problem too. I can pass on the P3/4 ones, but P1, 2, Catherine, Raidou and SMT4 ones? Yes please.
I hate you Atlus

ramyeon

I considered getting it the day I got the game, but it was so far off that I forgot about it and I'm already done with the game.

Weren't these costume + BGM sets temporarily free launch DLC for the Japanese version or something?
Not sure how they did it in Japan, I think some were free but most were paid.

The Persona 1, 2 and if... sets just dropped in Australia today, I couldn't help myself.

Young Magus

Got done with the 3rd dungeon. Wouldve done it in 2 days but ran out of sp in the first day while being THISCLOSE to the treasure location. ;_;

Also my higher links that I got are around the 4-6 ranking at this point. My stats are all 2 xecpt guts which is at 3. Im ok so far?

duckroll

I feel I have to ask. What's the point of spacing out DLC costumes releases by weeks? Players want to use costumes when they are playing the game. Costumes are useless if they have beaten the game. What benefit is there in spacing out content that doesn't have any gameplay content? I can understand if there are bonus dungeons or quests released later on to get people to "go back" to the game. But costumes?

Do you think Ann is jealous that I have maxed or near-maxed relationships with practically everyone around her, but she and I have hung out five times in the past 7 months?

TissueBox

You know guys, you don't have to do the palaces in one shot... there is no shame in retreating if your team is running out of juice, or if you feel like it's too long a session.

Imo it's better to get 'em outta the way early on, maybe not one shotting per se, but it's good to get as far in as probable.

Edit: Unless you're a serious grinder anyway.

... that's because you do it all at once ^^;

Eh, I like to free up my in-game time for the social stuff as much as possible.

I feel I have to ask. What's the point of spacing out DLC costumes releases by weeks? Players want to use costumes when they are playing the game. Costumes are useless if they have beaten the game. What benefit is there in spacing out content that doesn't have any gameplay content? I can understand if there are bonus dungeons or quests released later on to get people to "go back" to the game. But costumes?

Because if people had to pay $7 for each set of costumes they wanted and ended up spending $50 on DLC all at once, they might notice how ridiculous the pricing actually is. That said, I'm still in for at least the Catherine costumes.

Palace 4 music is great
Also the boss too .

Such a step up . Does it get better ?

I think Palace 6 matches it in terms of the story arc, boss, and music. The problem is you have to go through Palace 5 to get there

Edit: lol I love how the MC treats Mishima like trash

TheFatMan

I ask myself this EVERY god damn Tales of game I play as well.....

duckroll

Because if people had to pay $7 for each set of costumes they wanted and ended up spending $50 on DLC all at once, they might notice how ridiculous the pricing actually is. That said, I'm still in for at least the Catherine costumes.

People aren't dumb. We know how much costumes are, if we buy them it's because we want to. I want to drop 24 bucks right now on Persona 3 + Catherine + Raido + Thanatos to have a mix of costumes for my team, and I want to rotate Morgana's costume each Palace from this point on. But the two main packs I want to buy aren't out until 5/2, and I'll probably be almost finished with the game or at the end by then. What's the point?

So if I end up beating the game by then. Instead of 24 bucks, they might get 0 bucks from me because I don't want to fund my wallet just for the P3 pack.

Top Bottom