• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

champloo

Say if I decided to clear multiple targets in one go in Mementos, would I then be able to build the Moon SL multiple times? Kinda don't want to waste time on those.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still, my verdict is that P5's soundtrack is an improvement over P4, but doesn't quite hit the highs of P3 which are pretty high to be fair. Would be OST of the year if nier didn't release this year.

I haven't opened my copy yet. I should rectify this mistake by at least clearing the first dungeon, if that isn't too long?

10-15 hours.

As much as I loved P3 and P4's soundtracks, P5 is very much the peak for me. The dungeon music (except #1 and #5 and Mementos) are imo superior because they don't get tiring after hours and hours in a dungeon. Also, Life Will Change is the perfect hype track.

I haven't opened my copy yet. I should rectify this mistake by at least clearing the first dungeon, if that isn't too long?

It's pretty long though. Took me like 8 hours from popping the disc in to clearing the first boss. It's great stuff, but it can get tiring if you try it all in one go.

Meia

Oh fuck I hate stuff like this in games. I like clearing shit quickly and moving on to new things.

Average time to beat is still around the 100 hour mark. Just finished the fourth palace and am clocking in at 50 hours or so, and if this game is somewhat close structurally to the previous ones, I'm still only at a half-way point. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Average time to beat is still around the 100 hour mark. Just finished the fourth palace and am clocking in at 50 hours or so, and if this game is somewhat close structurally to the previous ones, I'm still only at a half-way point. :p

I'm at 101 hours in the 6th dungeon somehow.

Pachimari

Yeah, I'm not going to beat this game though.

Oh fuck I hate stuff like this in games. I like clearing shit quickly and moving on to new things.

I mean, RPGs are generally pretty long ranging from the average 50-100 hours with some exceptions. And Person, of all franchises, is well known for its long games. Didn't you aware of that before buying the game?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was back to 300k after mementos...used 150k fusing / resummoning persona lol :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

did you simply buy it blind without knowing anything about it or about the series?

Rhaknar

hmmm isnt
affinity reading
from
fortune
rank 7 just the same thing as the
shrine prayer
?

or wait, I guess
affinity reading
doesnt waste time like the
prayer
right? if so thats amazing.

edit: meh the
reading doesnt seem to advance the confidant rank as much as I expected, tried it twice on 2 confidants that dont have a rank up the next time I talk to them, and they still didnt after the reading. When I did the shrine prayer I could rank up the next time I talked to one.

Jintor

Maybe it seems that way because it appears in some other Persona 5 songs as well? The motive appears in Regret for sure. Don't remember it appearing in other games.

I think i might have been thinking of the guitar kicking in in Laser Beam which is superficially kind of similar (though obviously in an entirely different register)

Pachimari

I mean, RPGs are generally pretty long ranging from the average 50-100 hours with some exceptions. And Person, of all franchises, is well known for its long games. Didn't you aware of that before buying the game?

You picked the wrong series.

did you simply buy it blind without knowing anything about it or about the series?
No I'm aware of it. I loved Persona 4 Golden so I'm familiar with the series. Even played a bit of P3 too. But I never expect to beat any of my games, but I can still enjoy 10-20 hours of it and get my money's worth.

Chaos17

Never again I will play this game, my grips from the begining never gone away till the end. It's a good game so I was able to bear with it but my note still the same.
Technically, it's an great game, that's why I puted 7 but could be 7.5 because music is so cool.

7/10 because it doesn't respect player time.

G0w0hiQ.jpg

I hated:
- intro of 25h
- handholding
- pacing (I passed 100h not because I farmed like a made man at all)
- story (stop spoiling me everything hours ago!)
- game over when Mc dies

I disliked:
- perks behind S-link (I do S-link because I enjoy the story of the character don't make me do it because its perks will be usefull and Atlus should be ashmed to have put a basic feature of changing member behind an S-link)

What I regret:
- Bonding events from P4, the characters in P5 are cool indivudaly but I felt no connection as a group.

Anyhing that I didn't mentionned I liked or didn't make me cringe or ruined the experience for me. Next time if a Persona is again a visual novel like it's now (80% of my playthrough was push to X). I will be on the fence to buy it unless the story telling step up its game because lot of time during the game the party talk is useless, they repeat so much the same crap I just read 10 mins ago.

Edit: if Atlus want to continue in darker theme they should put in the team characters like Sae or Iwai, both of them are so "grey" in their justice, which make them interesting. I frickking regretted I couldn't recruit them.

Vishnu

Who the hell makes the music for this game?
It's so incredibly fitting, I like the 4th palace music a lot.

It's really one of the few times I look forward to a new area, just to hear what kind of music it will play.

Jintor

Who the hell makes the music for this game?
It's so incredibly fitting, I like the 4th palace music a lot.

It's really one of the few times I look forward to a new area, just to hear what kind of music it will play.

this dweeb

arguably one of the best composers working in game music today
Rank 8 Hiero.

How on earth do you beat the Uncle in Mementos solo? This is ridiculous.

null phys or reflect phys persona will decimate him

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm not going to beat this game though.

Really no reason to bother playing then IMO. The story and characters are the strength and you'll get little out of it by just play for a bit since it sounds like even the 10-15 hours to get past the first dungeon isn't appealing to you. Sounds like your copy is still sealed, I'd suggest returning it.

Anyway, I'm still having a blast. I'm around 23 hours in, in June and working on getting to the 3rd target/dungeon (just got the name of the target last night).

ramyeon

oh. maybe i was overlevelled then because i recall him punching himself to death.
It's a dumb fight, no warning to save beforehand and very likely unwinnable at my level. He never uses physical moves when I have reflect physical up. Kills me in 3-4 hits, only stays afflicted with status for one turn.

Jeb

So where can I find Futaba's confidant?

Got rank 1 automatically, but I wanna move on to rank 2 but cant find her.

Zafir

So where can I find Futaba's confidant?

Got rank 1 automatically, but I wanna move on to rank 2 but cant find her.

She's usually sat outside Le Blanc.
you're just having bad flashbacks to this thread where everyone twigged on it immediately except me lol
I dunno about that. I felt that explanation was really convoluted for no real reason, with them repeating stuff over and over.

Jintor

It's a dumb fight, no warning to save beforehand and very likely unwinnable at my level. He never uses physical moves when I have reflect physical up. Kills me in 3-4 hits, only stays afflicted with status for one turn.

i have no idea man. i remember him assault diving himself in the face like 3 times.

I dunno about that. I felt that explanation was really convoluted for no real reason, with them repeating stuff over and over.

thaaaat's persona!

that said

i'm pretty sure futaba says "we should do this alone, just you and me,
and also we're going into momentos to do what you do at every slink lvl 8 and fight a boss
" which is about as close as it can get.

ramyeon

i have no idea man. i remember him assault diving himself in the face like 3 times.

thaaaat's persona!

that said

i'm pretty sure futaba says "we should do this alone, just you and me,
and also we're going into momentos to do what you do at every slink lvl 8 and fight a boss
" which is about as close as it can get.
He doesn't even use Assault Dive for me. Non phys resist = Rising Slash spam, phys resist = Megidola spam. Futaba is useless as well.

Rhaknar

see, the problem with games that require you to "level up relationships" is that you always want to do what will give you points, and not necessarely what would make sense for the story.

Case in point, September spoilers

The Hawaii trip, game is asking me who I want to spend the last day with. Ann, Makoto, Hijume or Ryuji. Im in a relationship with Ann (even tho the game doesnt acknoledge that in the slightest which is lame), so narutally it would be with her, but I've already got max rank with her so it feels like a waste of points.

Unless this doesnt give rank up points?

Still, the same could be said for the awnsers im choosing throughout the game, its always the nicest possible ones so I get more points, even if sometimes I want to be snide or whatever. Its a minor nitpick that isnt even just for the Persona games, but still.

Dark_castle

Finally started playing this after finishing Zelda. Beat the first dungeon and onto the next; the plot point its working off is really weak compared to the first one so far, and the game seems to be trying to play it off as if its as big of a deal as the first. Kind of shitty, hope it picks up again and they didn't blow their entire load on the first month.

Also what the hell at our group of phantom thieves actually meeting and discussing changing hearts with random people IRL. :lol: No wonder we got caught!

That's a tactless thing to say. Just because
Kamoshida
is the bigger asshole doesn't mean
Madarame
wasn't despicable.

Top Bottom