• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

vypek

NG+ it is

Social stats carry over and Confidents don't. It seems there some confidents I can't do because my SS are not high enough. In NG+ It seems i won't have to worry about my SS much, so I can put more focus on the confidents

Okay. Thanks. I guess I'll worry about my social stats instead and focus on confidants on the NG+ run instead.

Zafir

Like in past personas on ng+ if you have max social stats you'll find yourself with a lot of time and little to do with it.

I think that's only the case for the first two months at most. After that all the social links open up and you can keep yourself busy just maxing everyone.

At least, i'm back up to July I think it is, and I don't have many days where I can't do anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do people say
Haru
feels rushed because
you dont see her get her Persona in whatever adventures she had with Morgana
?

daveo42

Banned
Do people say
Haru
feels rushed because
?

It's because (date spoiler)
she isn't unlockable as a confidant until 10/30
and
she just kind of shows up out of the blue.

Balphon

Get a Hiero persona equipped and choose to help him out instead of making coffee, unless you desperately need those SP supplies!

I'm doing it for the coffee trivia.

Spend time and coffee both seemed to give 2 points even with a matching persona. *shrug*

Zafir

Do people say
Haru
feels rushed because
?

No.
More she doesn't really get any time to grow. She's just overshadowed by all other plot points. Like even when she's introduced, it's put to the side in favour of Morgana having his little crisis.

Astral

Does this game not have a different theme for each season? I love the soundtrack so far but it doesn't seem very varied. The school theme has yet to change and I've been wearing Summer uniforms. The city theme is the same too.

Zafir

Does this game not have a different theme for each season? I love the soundtrack so far but it doesn't seem very varied. The school theme has yet to change and I've been wearing Summer uniforms. The city theme is the same too.

Sadly no. Voices come into the evening theme after a few months, but that's to the extent I remember.

Which is a bit disappointing. I loved the season changes in 3 in particular. Especially by the end
where you have really depressing music throughout the city, due to what was going to happen.
Really fit the mood.

LiK

I don't recall any major changes to the themes based on season.

Astral

Sadly no. Voices come into the evening theme after a few months, but that's to the extent I remember.

Which is a bit disappointing. I loved the season changes in 3 in particular. Especially by the end
where you have really depressing music throughout the city, due to what was going to happen.
Really fit the mood.

Yeah I loved that. Even P4 had Your Affection and Heartbeat, Heartbreak. And Golden added a night theme and had its own theme when at home. This just has Beneath the Mask which is amazing and whatever the school one is called. Pretty disappointing.

muteki

The confuse trick in mementos is no joke.

For the second request I tried it on the boss and 20 minutes later I had enough to buy all the SP adhesives I would ever need and then some.

RPGCrazied

Think Atlus will announce P3 & P4 HD? I knew they released a survey over that. I really would like these on the PS4 on one disc.

I think the decision to restrict streaming is not great, though I do get where Atlus is coming from (and would be okay if there was a limited-time embargo that disappeared after a month or two, and if they allowed screenshots). In terms of how they restricted streaming, by using an arbitrary in-game date, I think they made the best choice. It's the option that spoils the least.

No, that would just make it worse for early buyers. Like, why did they punish me for a being a fan and buying the game day 1 at full price, while the guy who gets it 3 months from now for half price would have more freedom.

It's stupid and shouldn't have been there to begin with, but putting an actual embargo on it will just make it worse.

I'd be down for Remasters as long as they give us the ability to choose what version we can play.

Like I prefer P3 Vanilla over Fes but thats another subject all together.

Ourobolus

Banned
Think Atlus will announce P3 & P4 HD? I knew they took released a survey over that. I really would like these on the PS4 on one disc.

P4G was enough for me, but I would kill for a P3 FES + P3P mashup in HD - i.e. full party control, FeMC, conversations acted out, and The Answer.

R0ckman

I got that one high rank Persona that has "light damage 8 times to all enemies" right before the home stretch and using it with charge, and attack up buff I pretty much powered through the rest of the minibosses and last boss.

Opa-Pa

Think Atlus will announce P3 & P4 HD? I knew they took released a survey over that. I really would like these on the PS4 on one disc.

They're such ugly games that unless they get heavily reworked to the point of being remakes, it'd feel like a waste of time. I think they'd be better of releasing FES as PS2 on PS4 and porting Golden to PS4.

If anything making both games avaible on PS4 as PS2 games seems like a no brainer but you never know with Atlus USA.

Do people say
Haru
feels rushed because
?

Personally it's that
the teammates that I ended up liking the most are the ones that you got to know and had their mini arcs before really making it into the Metaverse, so having Haru just show up there already in her thief outfit was a bummer. It's least about her awakening and more about how I'd have liked to find out her connection to Okumura, confronting her, persuading her to cooperate and all that BEFORE she got to enter the Metaverse.

Doesn't help that she has such a low profile on top of all that either.

HMD

I just lost two hours of progress over an unavoidable one shot kill. The enemy inflicted fear on my MC and immediately got a second turn for some reason and finished me off with an insta kill ability.
I was in the dark maze in Palace 6, I was literally almost done with it. Now I have to redo the whole thing. Fuck this game.

Kain

I got that one high rank Persona that has "light damage 8 times to all enemies" right before the home stretch and using it with charge, and attack up buff I pretty much powered through the rest of the minibosses and last boss.

Yoshitsune, breaking Persona games since forever

I just watched the acalodes trailer. You can play video games...? Where do you get them?

Think Atlus will announce P3 & P4 HD? I knew they released a survey over that. I really would like these on the PS4 on one disc.

I would do horrible things for this on PS4. Even worse things for Steam. I'd settle for PS2 games on PS4 and get Golden on PS4. I don't own a Vita anymore but I still have my Golden game. Keep thinking about getting a PSTV just for it :lol

No, that would just make it worse for early buyers. Like, why did they punish me for a being a fan and buying the game day 1 at full price, while the guy who gets it 3 months from now for half price would have more freedom.

It's stupid and shouldn't have been there to begin with, but putting an actual embargo on it will just make it worse.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about it from the streamer's perspective, you're right in that sense. I guess I was coming at it from the perspective of limiting spoilers, especially since there are so many people who've been going out of their way to trick people into being spoiled. But none of these are new problems, I guess.

Anyways, I imagine this subject has been litigated enough in the separate thread, so I'll stop after this, but yeah. I don't want to be hardcore "no dammit I should be able to do whatever I want with the game" but it still feels like a draconian restriction that's out of step with the modern gaming environment.

StereoVsn

Why would you prefer vanilla 3 over FES? You get more content in FES.

I would prefer P3 FES with QoL from P3P like fast travel and team member combat controls. That would be just awesome. That said, if they ported P4G and then brought over P3 FES (alongside other PS2 SMT games) that would be a good start.

However, this is Atlus, so meh. At least P3 FES runs pretty well on PC emulation and Golden is perfect on Vita and pretty good on PS TV.

I just lost two hours of progress over an unavoidable one shot kill. The enemy inflicted fear on my MC and immediately got a second turn for some reason and finished me off with an insta kill ability.
I was in the dark maze in Palace 6, I was literally almost done with it. Now I have to redo the whole thing. Fuck this game.

if you were almost done with it...there is a save point. Also that enemy shouldnt be getting back to back turns. I always had time to cure fear

All this P3 talk...I dont think I could be assed to play it again even if they did a full P3p + FES remake. I'd be more interested in a P5 Crimson already, or a P5 Arena

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My brother was following the guide, but missed the part about getting the best bio nutrient in june. He's been in September trying to find out why his kindness isn't where it should be. He's pissed.

FluxWaveZ

My brother was following the guide, but missed the part about getting the best bio nutrient in june. He's been in September trying to find out why his kindness isn't where it should be. He's pissed.

That's another thing about following a guide: if you're going to be so devoted to one, you won't take the time to explore the game. And then you'll miss stuff like this, or even other cool, "non essential" things.

Thud

I just watched the acalodes trailer. You can play video games...? Where do you get them?

Somewhere in the summer you can buy a retro console+game from the second hand shop in the neighborhood.

Once Akihabara unlocks you can buy games there. After completing a game you can trade in the ticket for a small prize.

Zolo

That's another thing about following a guide: if you're going to be so devoted to one, you won't take the time to explore the game. And then you'll miss stuff like this, or even other cool, "non essential" things.

Hey. Did you know there's a drink machine in Aki that refills every week that give off buffs?

darkwing

I'd reserve the guide for the NG+, sounds stressful lol

Chaos17

Time to head over youtube and watch the confident I didn't do! (Nope, I'm not gonna replay this game in fast foward just for that)

Not true. P5 is actually more lenient than past games when it comes to maxing S-links. I screwed up a few times but managed to max out everyone with 2 days to spare.
I screwed hard and only got 3-4 max rank.

Gartooth

For Palace 6, will I still get time to
do the rest of the month after I send the calling card?

Edit: lol I just went to the hideout and got my answer!

Weebos

Banned
Anybody pick up the DLC and know what levels the new Personas are?

Any new music in the new themes? I assume the Velvet Room theme has the Velvet Room music.

I would do horrible things for this on PS4. Even worse things for Steam. I'd settle for PS2 games on PS4 and get Golden on PS4. I don't own a Vita anymore but I still have my Golden game. Keep thinking about getting a PSTV just for it :lol

Oh god, you just made me remember I have a PSTV that I have never used. I sold my Vita like 6 months ago, and have been wanting to play some Vita games but not wanting to buy a new one.

FluxWaveZ

Hey. Did you know there's a drink machine in Aki that refills every week that give off buffs?

Nope. Though, on Normal, I had plenty of items that did that kinda stuff and I barely used them. The thing I missed that I wish I hadn't was:
buying the laptop to see Tanaka. Never thought to revisit the used store in Yongen after getting the game console.

I also never went to the maid cafe, but that was intentional.

HMD

if you were almost done with it...there is a save point. Also that enemy shouldnt be getting back to back turns. I always had time to cure fear

All this P3 talk...I dont think I could be assed to play it again even if they did a full P3p + FES remake. I'd be more interested in a P5 Crimson already, or a P5 Arena

I was in the
area after the maze where that shadow pulls up a wall that you have to go around. I'm pretty sure I was almost done.
I did get one turn after the infliction but my mc got it and I couldn't do anything because of the fear status.

Zafir

It's possible. As I had a very similar thing happen in one of the end-game dungeons.

Technically it isn't back to back turns, but due to fear it is.

So basically everyone on your team has their first turn due to ambush, enemy has their turn, which fears the MC. After the first turn of the ambush, normal agility rules come into place. MC having the highest agility, gets the first turn, but can't take it due to fear. Enemy gets their turn, and can use the kill feared characters skill.

Note: It's possible this scenario can play out differently due to levels. You might have been higher level, thus higher agility values.

cheesekao

Time to head over youtube and watch the confident I didn't do! (Nope, I'm not gonna replay this game in fast foward just for that)

I screwed hard and only got 3-4 max rank.
They key confidant is chihaya as you get some serious mileage out of her rank 7 perk. It's a good thing I wasn't too late in getting it.

Zafir

They key confidant is chihaya as you get some serious mileage out of her rank 7 perk. It's a good thing I wasn't too late in getting it.

I was that close to not maxing out her on my first playthrough.

So glad I JUST managed to finish her. She makes social links a lot easier on the second playthrough.

daveo42

Banned
The only guide I've been using on first playthrough is optimal choices for confidant conversations. Makes life easier when you don't have to meet someone multiple times to unlock the next rank.

Top Bottom