• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

A question about the 5th palace.

Is there any way to stop the little robots in corridors from respawning?
I like the idea behind
finding the right robot to beat
but fighting through those smaller enemies every time, is getting repetitive.

Astral

The only guide I've been using on first playthrough is optimal choices for confidant conversations. Makes life easier when you don't have to meet someone multiple times to unlock the next rank.

Same here. I started doing it when in 4 I realized I was restarting every time I didn't choose the right reply anyway.

Ydelnae

7th dungeon spoilers

I entered the dungeon at level 63 and because of the insta-kill Ryuji ability I'm not battling any enemy and if this the way the game is going to end for me, it's very anticlimactic lol

vypek

Following a guide for the first run is a bad idea, imo. Makes everything too rigid. Def save it for NG+.

I only started and played my first session on Saturday but right after I put my PS4 in rest mode I decided to abandon using a guide for the first run. I still had a lot of fun so far with the game but feel like it would be more fun had I not been trying to do certain things precisely.

EDIT:
Only thing I'm slightly concerned with in this sense is will I have to do the thing where I must hold a persona of the arcana for confidants when I am trying to max them all out

LiK

I only started and played my first session on Saturday but right after I put my PS4 in rest mode I decided to abandon using a guide for the first run. I still had a lot of fun so far with the game but feel like it would be more fun had I not been trying to do certain things precisely.

Yea, discovering what to do on your own is really fun and surprising.

Halfway through palace 6. Died to a reflected phy attack so decided to end the session there for the night. Only lost 10 mins of progress thankfully.

Gonna try and finish up the game today so wish me luck. Need to max out 3 more stats and get to 10 for a couple more links. Probably gonna end up leaving about 3-5 not maxed out depending on days left.

Neoweee

Confidants/S-Links are a lot of "Why the fuck did this response make them happy!?"

Granted, the series has fluctuated in how closely it sticks to the idea, but you get rewarded for representing what the Arcana means or for encouraging your Confidant to be more like the ideal of their Arcana. So for Tower Persona, you are
fueling and stoking his arrogance
. Some of the Arcana are more subtle, though, and then it pollutes it by making them too date-y or relationship bashed (Priestess?).

I found Devil to be the worst for that, lol.

I haven't used any guides and so I've been trying to go by feeling. I just don't get her half the time.

The Devil is never wrong, and is about scapegoating others for their problems.

It ain't perfect, but it helps. Star is the one that never makes any sense to me.

Astral

I found Devil to be the worst for that, lol.

I haven't used any guides and so I've been trying to go by feeling. I just don't get her half the time.

Even when you get her she still has a ton of days where she doesn't level up. It's annoying.

Curufinwe

Confidants/S-Links are a lot of "Why the fuck did this response make them happy!?"

I haven't noticed that, but I'm only in early June with lots of confidants not started yet. So far it's been pretty easy to get lots of musical notes popping out of their heads.

Opa-Pa

Huh, I don't know if this happens with other demons too and I just didn't notice, but at the 6th dungeon when you get encounters with more than one Ose, they'll have different idle animations. That's so cool!

Chaos17

I want cameos in Persona serie \o/
I can totaly imagine cameos coming to drink a cup of coffee!

lWvYbK1.png
Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59676367

KingParappa

Neo Member
Sadly no. Voices come into the evening theme after a few months, but that's to the extent I remember.

Which is a bit disappointing. I loved the season changes in 3 in particular. Especially by the end
where you have really depressing music throughout the city, due to what was going to happen.
Really fit the mood.

When the voices came in, I was like "Were they their the whole time?!" Thanks for clearing that up!

I'd reserve the guide for the NG+, sounds stressful lol
That's my plan. Blindly play thru the game, seeing random cool and fun things and the NG+ to be my serious playthrough.

I'd love for P3 and P4 to be brought to PS4. Never got to finish 3 or start 4.

Nioret

P3 would need so much updating on both it's battle system , social system, and ingame assets that they might aswell do a remaster.

Atlus could make this a lot easier for me by getting it off of ps2 and vita. I'll give you $50 atlus. Do it.

Thanks for the responses. Leaving for our end of busy season work party shortly. Took tomorrow off, so there will be a lot of p5 today and tomorrow!!

ch4fx_

Spoilering this just in case -- it's a general "is this Persona in the game?" question.

Is Baphomet in this game?

Disclaimer - I'm new. I don't know what is, and isn't, in the game. Cheers for any clarity.

Zafir

Even when you get her she still has a ton of days where she doesn't level up. It's annoying.

Yeah. I've spent so much damn money on the fortune teller getting the Devil arcana up. I swear there was one mandatory hangout too, as I paid for the affinity to be raised quite a few times and she still wouldn't level up. I hang out with her at Seaside Park or something was it, and then I got two level ups in back to back visits.
The Devil is never wrong, and is about scapegoating others for their problems.

It ain't perfect, but it helps. Star is the one that never makes any sense to me.

Yeah, I did tend to choose those responses. Sometimes I just got nothing for siding with her though.

I was actually fine with Star on the other hand. I did that one fairly easily on my first play through.

Beat the 5th palace; wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be, got to the treasure in 1 day, took like and hour and a half to get there. The boss was kinda of annoying(well the build up but thank goodness for the confidant a that allows you to switch party members!

7th dungeon spoilers

I entered the dungeon at level 63 and because of the insta-kill Ryuji ability I'm not battling any enemy and if this the way the game is going to end for me, it's very anticlimactic lol
How are you such a high level to begin with? I'm not rushing or anything and I'm a good ten levels below you at the same spot. The enemies are pretty easy at my level too.

Mediking

HURRY UP AND UPDATE THE NEW PERSONA DLC!!! I'm sitting here and I'm ready to buy some more costumes! A new batch comes today but PSN hasn't updated yet.

Zafir

They did those all wrong though. They should show up everywhere, not just mementos/palaces.

The best part is the in-game scenes in the dungeons don't change. So you'll be running in the costumes, you hit a scene and they're back to their normal dungeon attire for the duration of it.

I understand portraits, animated scenes etc not changing, but it seems weird in-game engine scenes don't.

Mediking

They did those all wrong though. They should show up everywhere, not just mementos/palaces.

Yes... and no. I love the costumes. I really freaking do. I've bought every single one. :)

But even I think a serious in game cutscene might lose value if Joker is wearing loungewear. Lol

What costumes are these?

DLC SCHEDULE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QbWOMwV3owFGJU8mHUFH4LFlt0/edit#gid=182932574

Answer: Persona 2 Costume & BGM Special Set
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Costume & BGM Special Set
Shin Megami Tensei if… Costume & BGM Special Set

Ydelnae

How are you such a high level to begin with? I'm not rushing or anything and I'm a good ten levels below you at the same spot. The enemies are pretty easy at my level too.

I reached the end of the 7th path of Mementos and completed all the confidant requests before heading to the dungeon. But I finished dungeon 6th with level 55 I think.

LiK

Btw, I discovered the T
anaka
easter egg. Why the fuck is this an easter egg. Should've been part of the main game. I love that j
ingle

Top Bottom