• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lunar15

Only thing P5 is missing is a boss battle theme as hype as I'll Face Myself.

I personally think every boss theme in this game is better than I'll Face Myself, but that's my own personal taste. Keeper of Lust and Blooming Villain are so, so strong to me. I'll Face Myself is still exceptional, though.

Astral

I gave that to
Ann
and she loved it. I gave the other one to
Becky
and she was not impressed.

I figured her fat ass would like it. But I was desperate for Ohya to level up and I got two notes which I guess means she liked it but it's not her favorite. I was gonna give her red lipstick but the game told me it would be awkward. I appreciated that lol.

Ultimadrago

So I hit rank ten with the strength arcana. I'm seeing some personas that are 20 levels ahead of me. Does this mean what I think it is?

jacknicholsonnodosps8.gif

Astral

I'm still only on rank 2 with Strength. I've always hated those social links. I save them for the end of the game when I'm rich.

_Ryo_

There is one thing that greatly annoys me about this game and it relates to Mementos and
Futaba's confidant

11/16 +

There are Mementos missions that have much more corrupt and evil people than those that have their own palaces.
Futaba's confidant
spoilers below

Futaba friend's parents who are exploiting an underage child in a sexual nature, forcing her to dress up sexually, photographing it, and then selling those pictures online. There are also hints that it might have even been even worse than that.

And then there's the
homeless assassin.

Surely these people are worse than Kamoshida? But they are in the collective palace?

Opa-Pa

I like that she's much more of a
tomboy that happens to be hot and wants to be a model.

One thing that I liked a lot about the cast is how they subverted my expectations with some characters. Yusuke and Ann are almost the complete opposite of what I expected (with great results for both). Ann specifically I expected to be either Ginko 2 or a mix of Yukari and Rise, but she's nothing like those.

LiK

One thing that I liked a lot about the cast is how they subverted my expectations with some characters. Yusuke and Ann are almost the complete opposite of what I expected (with great results for both). Ann specifically I expected to be either Ginko 2 or a mix of Yukari and Rise, but she's nothing like those.

Yea, I always love games where the characters aren't what you expected. Refreshing.

Do some characters like specific gifts? I gave Ohya a flan.

They are specific, yeah.
Ann loves all things sweet (as she herself lets you know throughout casual conversation in the main game), as stuff like that you give to her.
Ohya like camera-relates stuff, being a reporter.

So I got to the 7th Palace yesterday:
Holy shit.
I figured Goro was the one who sold you out as hinted in the opening but I didn't expect the full on slide into Crazytown. I figured Shido was the guy doing the shutdowns and had a Persona, making that a super personal fight between him and MC, but nope it was Goro. And he's Shido's illegitimate kid. And he's CUUURRAAYYYYYZZEEE. What the fuck. I felt smart for noticing his slip-up with the pancakes line and how that meant he heard Morgana.

The Inception-style scam they ran to make people think that Joker was dead was amazing. And then when you send Shido's calling card he comes out of the shadows and delivers that line with an actual VO. It was awesome. I'm now about to go in and take Shido's Treasure and we'll see how far the rabbit hole goes from here.

I really like this about Ann.

I do too. She openly tells everyone how much she enjoys her nom noms and it's adorable when she sees things she really wants to eat. Post-Palace 5 Spoiler:
During the Hawaii trip if she's your girlfriend and you go out with her she sees a food truck and if you say "You'll get it for her" she goes, "Do you know how much I love you?" in the most adoring voice ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes/no

is it okay to play this game without ever have played the previous ones?

edit: n/m, read the OT.

Mediking

Don't forget that Morgana
car stickers
are FREE DLC on PSN! PSN just updated with more costumes, Persona, and the
car stickers

Ultimadrago

There is one thing that greatly annoys me about this game and it relates to Mementos and
Futaba's confidant

11/16 +

There are Mementos missions that have much more corrupt and evil people than those that have their own palaces.
Futaba's confidant
spoilers below

Futaba friend's parents who are exploiting an underage child in a sexual nature, forcing her to dress up sexually, photographing it, and then selling those pictures online. There are also hints that it might have even been even worse than that.

And then there's the
homeless assassin.

Surely these people are worse than Kamoshida? But they are in the collective palace?

This post made me laugh. This is very true to a point. Though to speak more on Palaces:
I would invite the idea that it's more the measurable "conviction" behind said deeds that creates them. A mental image that becomes so powerful, it manifests into a cage of dread. Kamoshida actually saw himself as Lord of the School, who had his every desires met because his value outshines those of surrounding students and faculty. Whereas, Kana's parents and the Homeless Assassin (as far as we know) did it for some money with a devil of habit. That's not to say they're not reprehensible crimes, they are, but the motives don't seem to be illustrated by a grand philosophy stemming from self-image [even Futaba's follows the same, but from a view of self-hated]. The resolutions to these abusive mindsets stem from it a bit (like Kana's mother wanting nice things in life), but not to such a scale.

I'm just theorizing and of course, you could easily write an applicable narrative for either of those cases to fit the mold given how horrible they are, but the game simply didn't.

MTC100

Banned
115h in the game right now, will finish it today I guess, the game was a clear 10/10 after about 60 hours BUT it went to hell with the 6th palace marking it's worst one yet. I really hated the mechanic with the statues and the crawling through vent shafts to unlock dozens of doors from the other side, this was a back tracking nightmare that is only there to annoy you and let you waste time.

I think I found the Vault to be the best palace, it had a really nice feel to it and the music was insane.

If it weren't for the execution of the ending of the 6th palace I guess I would have stopped playing, even though the conclusion of it wasn't that amazing, instead it was very underwhelming but I guess that's a plot device too and all will be fine in the end?

I will give my final verdict later, even though no one might be interested :p

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dogs need to return in Persona 6.

Still I have to give a shout out to Koromaru. Koromaru can't even speak human yet is totally cool helping your party fight monsters with knives in his mouth and using an evoker to summon his persona.

Anyone knows of any good and complete guides for gifts in this game? I've found a few but they all seem to be incomplete and are using there own names for items which makes them a bit confusing.

Thud

Dogs need to return in Persona 6.

Still I have to give a shout out to Koromaru. Koromaru can't even speak human yet is totally cool helping your party fight monsters with knives in his mouth and using an evoker to summon his persona.

Dogs are already in every videogame.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Is there a guide that shows persona fusion results so I can look them up and plan while away from the game?

I need a dang Eligor, I went through the first couple levels of Mementos looking for one without luck. Hoping to fuse one instead

Top Bottom