• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Whom did y'all romance first? Will I miss out on anything significant/meaningful by romancing everyone?

I'm at the point where I can romance Sadayo, but I'm unsure if I want to go that route yet.

LiK

Whom did y'all romance first? Will I miss out on anything significant/meaningful by romancing everyone?

I'm at the point where I can romance Sadayo, but I'm unsure if I want to go that route yet.

You can romance most of the ladies, I think. Be prepared for consequences.

cheez124

7th palace spoilers:
two letters of recommendation down, 3 more to go. the turning into mice mechanic isn't really that bad so far, but i'm sure i haven't seen the last of it yet. also, those sp adhesives are so helpful and i wish i had gotten them much earlier. any time i see a group of narcissus shadows means free SP, lol

nOoblet16

Tae is Bae ! Had thoughts about Hifumi's though.

Yes your Valentine's day will turn into a joke/heartbreak day if you romance everyone like Persona 4. I donno how it is like with others but with Tae it was a very nice and personal moment as she is great as she doesn't turn lovey dovey and doesn't break her mature character once her and Joker are together.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not sure what's funny about that. It's a character for the actual plot.
He's there for literally two short scenes and never shows up again. Characters with far more screen time and lines don't get a portrait (Lala,
Futaba's uncle
Futaba's mom
the scientist working for Shido
, etc. etc.) His is incredibly random by comparison.

The fact that it appears towards the beginning of the game makes me think they originally intended on giving portraits to all important NPCs.

Tae is Bae !

Yes your Valentine's day will turn into a joke/heartbreak day if you romance everyone like Persona 4. I donno how it is like with others but with Tae it was a very nice and personal moment as she is great as she doesn't turn lovey dovey and doesn't break her mature character once her and Joker are together.

Do you get anything (item/bonus/anything) for being a one woman guy?

Just watched the Daybreakers anime and I quite liked it for what it was. Nice seeing a full blown anime for this game, and I liked the little plot twist in there in reguards to the case. It's funny cause I played through this case in the game, but completely forgot the details. But I remember wondering what was in the box so it's nice to finally know.

I also liked how it pretty much confirmed that the protagonist
being a smart ass
is cannon lol.

Lunar15

Just watched the Daybreakers anime and I quite liked it for what it was. Nice seeing a full blown anime for this game, and I liked the little plot twist in there in reguards to the case. It's funny cause I played through this case in the game, but completely forgot the details. But I remember wondering what was in the box so it's nice to finally know.

being a smart ass
is cannon lol.

The protagonist is definitely the kind of guy that laughs at his own jokes.

nOoblet16

Do you get anything (item/bonus/anything) for being a one woman guy?
I got two things from Tae at the end of the game both for NG+.

1) Muffler, description says: Proof if Takemi's love. Become closer if you have a same-arcana persona. This allows you to level her up at each visit with little to no random hang out sessions where you don't level up.

2) Takemi's chocolates: Fully restores SP to one ally

I'm not sure if they are related to whether you romance one/all but having looked at the V-day scene I would guess that the chocolates are something you get even when you romance everyone and you will get multiple of them if you do go for all. But the special items like muffler are only if you are one woman man.

cheez124

being a smart ass
is cannon lol.

i love how the events of the anime are nothing like the game, and the game even makes fun of it, lol

I feel as though I can get closer to Shinya thanks to Mara. Ummm game, starting to worry me.

Fought Mara in a dungeon, managed to knock it down.

MC: Join my party.
Mara: Okay, I have a question
MC: Here's a dumb answer!
Mara: What the hell, man, this is dumb, I'm lea--
*Ann uses Sexy Technique!*
Mara: ...well, ok

Tae is Bae ! Had thoughts about Hifumi's though.

I went
from 51 to 60 in one fight. This is cheap as hell LOL

Zafir

I went with Makoto on my first playthrough. She's definitely my favourite character alongside Yusuke.

That all said, my second run I'm choosing everyone since I just want to see the rest of the scenes I didn't see. I'm also curious how they screw you over this time round. I can't imagine it's as much of a gut punch as p4g but we'll see.

i love how the events of the anime are nothing like the game, and the game even makes fun of it, lol

Does it really? Job my memory because I honestly barely remember shit about this mission in the game other than some small tid bits. Was Mithras even the boss in the game version?

I went with Makoto on my first playthrough. She's definitely my favourite character alongside Yusuke.

That all said, my second run I'm choosing everyone since I just want to see the rest of the scenes I didn't see. I'm also curious how they screw you over this time round. I can't imagine it's as much of a gut punch as p4g but we'll see.

Yeah this is my plan as well. Do S.Links carry over in NG+? If so how does romancing other people work?

Opa-Pa

Does it really? Job my memory because I honestly barely remember shit about this mission in the game other than some small tid bits. Was Mithras even the boss in the game version?

The game lets you suggest the same plan the team followed in the anime to bait the robbers, but everyone calls it risky and stupid if you do haha.

And yeah it was Mithras too.

Jiraiza

CyLIAVpUsAAA8DU.jpg

Can't believe I gotta wait until next week before I can experience these amazing, sexy DLC costumes

source

Nice to see the artist knows who the true OTPs are on the left and right.

Zafir

Yeah this is my plan as well. Do S.Links carry over in NG+? If so how does romancing other people work?

The social link rank doesn't no. However, if you maxed them out, you do get the keep
the item they give you at the end of the game.
This gives you access to one or more of their skills right from when you first start the social link.

I'd recommend maxing Fortune for example,
as her item allows you to do all the fortune readings as soon as she unlocks. It makes getting social links up significantly easier on the next playthrough as you can keep using the affinity reading to get them to rank up.

I'm more and more tempted by a new game plus on hard right after beating the game, that is a testament to how good it is. Plus I'll be able to get all the trophies.

And I tried to
beat the reaper at level 60.
I'll let you imagine how that went ha ha.

cheez124

The game lets you suggest the same plan the team followed in the anime to bait the robbers, but everyone calls it risky and stupid if you do haha.

he summons oni and onmoraki to help him just like in the anime, as well, which is a nice touch

Lol I think I actually picked that option to haha.

The social link rank doesn't no. However, if you maxed them out, you do get the keep
the item they give you at the end of the game.
This gives you access to one or more of their skills right from when you first start the social link.

I'd recommend maxing Fortune for example,
as her item allows you to do all the fortune readings as soon as she unlocks. It makes getting social links up significantly easier on the next playthrough as you can keep using the affinity reading to get them to rank up.

So what exactly does carry over for NG+? Stats? Level? Compendium? Money?

Dragner

A couple of questions about reaper:

Can you fight him in any place of mementos including the first floor?.

Do you have to just be stand still for 5 minutes? isnt an easier way?. Just got to the flu season gonna try to go for him...

Setsu00

So yeah, after finishing the game I can definitely say that the hate for the localization was absolutely overblown. There is one thing about the localization of the endgame that I'm especially interested in:
How many of you that loudly complained about Ta-KA-maki and Sa-KA-moto and claimed that it made the localization lazy picked up that they misprounced Lavenza's name?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
How do I know whether I can negotiate a Persona above my level with the
Max Sun
Confidant bonus?

You just can. Normally they will say something along the lines of, "you're not strong enough for me yet, here's an item" but with
Sun
Maxed, you can always talk to them.

A couple of questions about reaper:

Can you fight him in any place of mementos including the first floor?.

Do you have to just be stand still for 5 minutes? isnt an easier way?. Just got to the flu season gonna try to go for him...

For me,
every floor but the first (and rest and end floors) worked. I don't know if you need to keep still, but that's what I did.

kewlmyc

Everyone keeps asking this, but I'm more concerned with whatever pose the MC is making.

You've never sat on an invisible chair before?

Also during negotiation, what does it mean when some of the options are in red? Also I"m in the 3rd dungeon,
how do I check on the password hints again?

I beat the game and I still wanna know why everyone hates Ryuji. The way he gets talking about on here you'd think he was Palace 5 or something...

Vanadium

Is there anything I can do to stop from being
turned into a rat
in the 4th palace?

That was awhile back for me but I believe
the coffin will drop to wind for an all out attack if he's weak.

Other than that, bring lots of health and revive stuff.

Top Bottom