• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

LiK

Not knowing who joined my party was legit awesome. I avoided all trailers and didn't pay attention to the box art characters. I was surprised when someone became my party member. So yea, even knowing that can be spoilerish. The difference is the game has been out for a good amount of time now so if you wanna stay blind, don't read the comments here.

Not knowing who joined my party was legit awesome. I avoided all trailers and didn't pay attention to the box art characters. I was surprised when someone became my party member. So yea, even knowing that can be spoilerish. The difference is the game has been out for a good amount of time now so if you wanna stay blind, don't read the comments here.

did exactly the same as you, was really hard to avoid the boxart though, haha

Wazzy

Banned
I'm currently at the 6th palace and oh boy the game has had some amazing moments.
CyLIAVpUsAAA8DU.jpg

Can't believe I gotta wait until next week before I can experience these amazing, sexy DLC costumes

source
I love the costumes, especially Ann and Ryuji's. The pairings tho..

I mean I ship Ryuji and Ann so I guess I can get aboard Makoto/Haru LOL

Indeed.
Makoto,Haru,and Akechi
were all pleasant surprises for me. I knew next to nothing and this playthrough has been a blast.

yes, i didn't know 6th palace spoiler
akechi would join until now. the artwork looked like a girl on the title screen.
i only watched the reveal trailer, so that was a very nice surprise for me.

My favorite design if I'm being honest. It's simple yet beautiful. Her all-out attack pose is the best as well.

+1 to Metaverse
Haru
. Everything about her design and animations is awesome. I especially like her baton pass and follow-up animations (the first one is adorbs and the second one is FUCKING BADASS).

Setsu00

Going through the artbook right now. (Major spoilers)
It seems like Sae was originally Makoto's mother, and Goro was originally intended to be Makoto's brother...

nOoblet16

I'm gonna say this, Makoto has the best default costume and all out attack pose out of all, followed by Joker and Haru. Her battle pose during her turn is also the 2nd best after Yusuke's. She also has the coolest Persona along with Ryuji's.

Basically her design is overall the best in the party.

Ydelnae

Secured my route to the 7th Palace treasure room

Akechi might be one of my favorite Persona characters. I'm legit speechless after the encounter with him.

That said, I expected him to be the one pulling the strings and to kill Shido, revealing himself to be some kind of secret god taking Akechi's body hostage r something. If he's truly dead, I think I might be a tad disappointed since I don't particularly like Shido.

Now for the last crazy turn of the events, Morgana will turn out to be Akechi's mother/brother, the woman Shido was abusing at the beginning or Futaba's father lol

I'm gonna say this, Makoto has the best default costume and all out attack pose out of all, followed by Joker and Haru. Her battle pose during her turn is also the 2nd best after Yusuke's. She also has the coolest Persona along with Ryuji's.

She's probably my favourite character in the game at this point (4th dungeon). She's great.

nOoblet16

What's with Crow's critical rate? I swear he gets a critical almost every time I use Megaton Raid.
He is just generally OP for that level compared to others due to all attacks being heavy attacks, including heavy almighty damage. Others catch up and surpass quick though.

Ulong

People like to say that it's okay to spoil
Akechi joining the party
because of the box art, but really why would I have spent a lot of time looking at it, especially the back? I opened that shit up and immediately started playing the game, didn't look at it once. since
Akechi is so obviously a primary villain, evident ever since the pancake scene super early on, there was no reason to assume he'd join the party.
That got to actually be a surprise.

Danj

This game really needs an option to "skip animations", the final dungeon is taking me waaaaayy too long. And by animations I mean in-battle spell animations. Let me just skip them please! I know what Maziodyne looks like, I don't need to see it for the 67 billionth time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I loved this too. Every party member outside of Ann and Ryuji was a legitimate surprise for me.

nOoblet16

Akechi joining the party
because of the box art, but really why would I have spent a lot of time looking at it, especially the back? I opened that shit up and immediately started playing the game, didn't look at it once. since
Akechi is so obviously a primary villain, evident ever since the pancake scene super early on, there was no reason to assume he'd join the party.
I don't think anyone revealed his name outside of spoiler tags. That one dude I replied to used his code name, no one would have known who crow is until he joins the party, same with other code names.

Edit: Oh wait there was someone who revealed his name outside spoiler tags. Well yes that's bad.

Ulong

I don't think anyone revealed his name outside of spoiler tags. That one dude I replied to used his code name, no one would have known who crow is until he joins the party, same with other code names.

Edit: Oh wait there was someone who revealed his name outside spoiler tags. Well yes that's bad.

I've seen the sentiment a few times earlier in this thread, not really talking about the recent posts necessarily.

Graciaus

Akechi joining the party
unless this is your first Persona game anyone with a character portrait is either a party member, a social link, or someone important in general. It's not that hard to guess who the main characters are especially if they are around high school age.

I can kind of understand because
in the beach scene, she's intentionally showing off/knows how she's presenting herself, whereas in the fourth palace scene and the fireworks yukata scene, she's not.
This is independent of any agency issues inherent in Atlus writing a fictional character that gets perved on like this a bunch, but in the context of her character it makes a certain sense.

Also, I wouldn't say it's just Ryuji, if only because
Yusuke's intentions have never been totally clear re: nude painting, and even if he is pure like we all want him to be, it's still pretty fucking skeevy that he tries to blackmail her into doing it.
I feel like that last bit gets overlooked a lot and I'm kind of surprised.

Because Yusuke's very clearly portrayed as (mostly) asexual. He's not doing it to be creepy but because he is literally so obsessed with "beauty" that he'll go to those lengths to get his art. I mean part of the joke that is that he doesn't realize what he'd be getting into and starts getting flustered when Ann starts taking her clothes off.

I think intent matters whenever "creepy" behavior gets brought up, but I can understand why people might find it off-putting.

Ulong

unless this is your first Persona game anyone with a character portrait is either a party member, a social link, or someone important in general. It's not that hard to guess who the main characters are especially if they are around high school age.

The part where
they reveal him to already know about the metaverse by over hearing morgana makes it pretty easy to assume he would be an Adachi type character with a portrait instead. That is essentially his role too, despite joining the party.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
latest

Because Yusuke's very clearly portrayed as (mostly) asexual. He's not doing it to be creepy but because he is literally so obsessed with "beauty" that he'll go to those lengths to get his art. I mean part of the joke that is that he doesn't realize what he'd be getting into and starts getting flustered when Ann starts taking her clothes off.

I think intent matters whenever "creepy" behavior gets brought up, but I can understand why people might find it off-putting.

Oh, absolutely, but again,
it's still creepy that he blackmails her.
At that point, it kind of doesn't matter what his intent is, because that's not even the discussion anymore. I do agree, though, that
Yusuke is innocent and pure and unsullied by anything beyond the pursuit of pure beauty and magnificent lobsters

Opa-Pa

Oh, absolutely, but again,
it's still creepy that he blackmails her.
At that point, it kind of doesn't matter what his intent is, because that's not even the discussion anymore. I do agree, though, that
Yusuke is innocent and pure and unsullied by anything beyond the pursuit of pure beauty and magnificent lobsters

I think if anything it's troubling that the writers decided Yusuke doing such a thing would be a tasteful idea in the first place. He clearly doesn't realize how fucked up it is but that doesn't make it any less creepy so it's kind of pointless altogether.

Kyrios

Damn right.

nOoblet16

Pretty ironic that I just got spoiled on a major plot twist regarding a character I just "met" while reading incorrectly spoiler tagged posts discussing if said character was spoiler tags worthy or not and... Ah fuck it. I had my suspicions but still lame.

It's cool!
You are also kind of sort of doing the same btw,
by talking that a character you meet has a plot twist. And you have already mentioned the said character's code name in a non spoiler tagged post you made on this page a few post above the one I am quoting.

Anyhow that post made by the guy you quoted wasn't really a revelation or confirmation of anything, what he said in his spoiler tags were his suspicions due to a scene you have already experienced.

I realise that by now, especially after my post, your suspicions are fully confirmed. But I guess the damage is done already. If it's any consolation the story will still keep you interested despite you knowing this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wipe on palace 5 because of a crit swift tripple attack on the MC followed by another one of thoe multiple hit attacks... fun >_>

well thats me done for the night lol >_>

abundant

Indeed.
Makoto,Haru,and Akechi
were all pleasant surprises for me. I knew next to nothing and this playthrough has been a blast.

Having played Persona 4 and going in blind, I found
Makoto and Akechi
joining your party to be fairly obvious. They're basically like (P4 spoiler)
Naoto

Opa-Pa

You are also kind of sort of doing the same btw,
by talking that a character you meet has a plot twist. And you have already mentioned the said character's code name in a non spoiler tagged post you made on this page a few post above the one I am quoting.

Anyhow that post made by the guy you quoted wasn't really a revelation or confirmation of anything, what he said in his spoiler tags were his suspicions due to a scene you have already experienced.

I realise that by now, especially after my post, your suspicions are fully confirmed. But I guess the damage is done already. If it's any consolation the story will still keep you interested despite you knowing this.

I deliberately only said "meet"
instead of saying he joined as a party member to avoid making it more obvious, I also didn't specify I'm talking about Crow but... You may be right still. I think I'll go back and edit my posts just in case.

Oh well something similar happened to me with another game in the series and I guess I can say I'm glad to be right on my suspicions? It's not that big of a deal in the end haha.

Opa-Pa

Regular mobs in the 6th palace are a blast. I thought I had them under control because I'm doing some great damage but the moment I granted them a turn everything went south. Back to the Velvet Room, time to get Girimehkala and some other new friends!

Top Bottom