• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lunar15

The game has used the term "male dominated society" in serious contexts at least thrice now, which feels super odd in a game with the anime cutscenes this one has. It really does feel like it was written by two different teams at times lol.

I hate how this makes Ann such a weird character too, hmm.

I legitimately don't think the writers see a connection between say, a friend perving on another friend, and the bolder, overarching issues of sexism in society. They most likely see themselves as aware of the second, but don't find the first as part of the problem.

For example, there's even an exam question that talks about Pope Joan being stoned to death once she was revealed to be a woman, and Morgana notes that sexist societies are awful because it doesn't matter if a person is male or female, as long as they get the job done.

This is definitely frustrating because over here we've started to connect the fact that a person's privacy is directly connected to their agency and how they're treated in society as a whole.

Zafir

It took me far longer than I care to admit to realise the square menu on the map. xD

I have the unfortunate problem that the corners of my screen at covered by game cases. So some prompts get hidden. :p

Fandangox

I dont remember the circumstances in Q, I just remember that I liked that yukiko and chie finally admitted an appreciation for him

iirc it starts with Yosuke saying something Rise interpret that as something people always say when "they are gonna die" and she starts crying, the whole thing is pretty awkward lol, but yeah I guess It was nice to see his friends being very nice to him at least.

nOoblet16

I legitimately don't think the writers see a connection between say, a friend perving on another friend, and the bolder, overarching issues of sexism in society. They most likely see themselves as aware of the second, but don't find the first as part of the problem.

For example, there's even an exam question that talks about Pope Joan being stoned to death once she was revealed to be a woman, and Morgana notes that sexist societies are awful because it doesn't matter if a person is male or female, as long as they get the job done.
Honestly I do not see those anime cutscenes as sexist issues for the simple fact that it is often done in a similar playful manner in real life as well if you have that sort of relationship with your female friend. It's not that uncommon in real life to make a sexual joke, comment about their body or tease them like that...if you are close and have that sort of relationship.

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally finished.

What a fantastic game.

Ending stats/thoughts:
Hard Mode
Lv 72
All confidants maxed except for Tower.
104:40

Final boss was pretty good. Not sure what I was supposed to do during his charge-up move (I assume kill all four hands in two turns), but Futaba saved my ass and I was able to kill it next turn.

Damn that ending was long - 3 hours from my last save until my clear data save.
Valentine's Day was amazing since I was a whore.
Definitely my favorite Persona game. 4 I think had better characterization, but the whole package here was incredible.

Futaba is OP.

I don't mean in the Velvet room vs combat. I mean after combat you have the choice to skip the dialogue and just obtain the persona (or do the dialogue again and possibly fail)
could just be a safety net for the Countless Masks trophy. If some crazy person acquired all the personas in the game with less than 30 from negotiation.

Opa-Pa

This is definitely frustrating because over here we've started to connect the fact that a person's privacy is directly connected to their agency and how they're treated in society as a whole.

Yeah, as odd as it can be this is the only explanation that makes sense. The game touches on some fairly progressive topics but then goes two step backwards by using sexist stuff for laughs.

I think what frustrates me the most is the weird concept of what entails sexual harassment in the writers' eyes. For example Ann's initial struggle is being a victim of a teacher's continued unsolicited sexual advances, then there's a couple of encounters with men like the guy at the TV station, which was clearly meant to be seen as gross and wrong by the player... But then she's constantly being a victim of her teammates pervy looks just for laughs... And then there's this scene where she actually reacts to Ryuji's pervy crap at the beach by making him uncomfortable in return, which is actually pretty cool? How am I even supposed to feel about her anymore lol.

Honestly I do not see those anime cutscenes as sexist issues for the simple fact that it is often done in a similar playful manner in real life as well if you have that sort of relationship with your female friend. It's not that uncommon in real life to make a sexual joke, comment about their body or tease them like that...if you are close and have that sort of relationship.

I get what you're trying to say, but the problem is that we live in a sexist society that sees misogynist behavior as normal and acceptable, which forces women to learn to endure it in a daily basis, but it doesn't mean they're okay with it.

And even if that was a legitimate excuse for this stuff in the game, Ann is clearly not pleased whenever it happens so it's still shitty that it's played for laughs.

TP

CyLIAVpUsAAA8DU.jpg

Can't believe I gotta wait until next week before I can experience these amazing, sexy DLC costumes

source

I had forgotten all about this set

when's P5DAN Atlus???

cvUlcbU.gif

It's easy enough to
fuse Lucifer and then bring Satan right back from the compendium.

I hope my IT department's scans picked up that message. Hi Wayne!
Easy, but expensive.
I kept it, I was out of money by that point lool.
I haven't actually unlocked it yet. I can only see it and it's about 35 levels ahead of me lol.
So about that flu season tip. I'm finally in it now. How should I go about with
farming reaper.

And it should be pointed out that it's pretty much exclusively Ryuji -> Ann. Much better than anything seen in the earlier games with stuff like Metal Gear Bath House and the high school camping trip (fuck you Yosuke).

I do think it sends mixed messages though, in one part she's legitimately mad then later she's laughing at him for being so blatantly turned on. Honestly if they had cut out the (palace 4)
sweaty shirt scene it would be a whole lot better and I wouldn't have any problem with it.
It's a shame that Atlus probably thinks having party member girls get with anyone other than the MC hurts the wish-fulfillment aspect of the game because Ann and Ryuji have great chemistry.

some of these S-link answers are totally cloudy to me. for star and devil i'm happy if i get just one right. i walked off with 0 last time for both, lol. hanged man can be dangerous as well sometimes.

for empress and lovers i walk away with perfects.

nOoblet16

Easy, but expensive.

I haven't actually unlocked it yet. I can only see it and it's about 35 levels ahead of me lol.

So about that flu season tip. I'm finally in it now. How should I go about with
farming reaper.
Do you have star leveled up to rank 9 (allows instant escape from battle)? If not then do you atleast have the smoke bombs that allows you to instantly escape ? Cause these will make things much easier and also save time. Also do make sure you have your persona with highest agility equipped just so you avoid reaper taking a turn before you.

You just go to a mementos floor and don't move for 5 mins in a safe spot with no enemies. You'll hear thr sound of chains...that's when he spawns. All you do is start the fight and see if it begins with him despaired. If he isn't then you escape battle, move a bit to make him respawn immediately and start the fight again. Keep repeating until the fight begins with despair, once that happens just wait 3 turns and he'll kill himself. Once you do that just go a floor up or down and repeat all of this.

Zafir

And it should be pointed out that it's pretty much exclusively Ryuji -> Ann. Much better than anything seen in the earlier games with stuff like Metal Gear Bath House and the high school camping trip (fuck you Yosuke).

I do think it sends mixed messages though, in one part she's legitimately mad then later she's laughing at him for being so blatantly turned on. Honestly if they had cut out the (palace 4)
sweaty shirt scene it would be a whole lot better and I wouldn't have any problem with it.
It's a shame that Atlus probably thinks having party member girls get with anyone other than the MC hurts the wish-fulfillment aspect of the game because Ann and Ryuji have great chemistry.

I think they have great chemistry, but it's super strange how sometimes Ryuji is gawking at her, and other times in Ann's confidant scene
he's turning down date offers(light hearted offer, but still!)

if they want to keep the "everyone loves MC" thing going next time, they could also pull an ME3 where Tali and Garrus get together if you hadnt taken either one of them.

Do you have star leveled up to rank 9 (allows instant escape from battle)? If not then do you atleast have the smoke bombs that allows you to instantly escape ? Cause these will make things much easier and also save time. Also do make sure you have your persona with highest agility equipped just so you avoid reaper taking a turn before you.

You just go to a mementos floor and don't move for 5 mins in a safe spot with no enemies. You'll hear thr sound of chains...that's when he spawns. All you do is start the fight and see if it begins with him despaired. If he isn't then you escape battle, move a bit to make him respawn immediately and start the fight again. Keep repeating until the fight begins with despair, once that happens just wait 3 turns and he'll kill himself. Once you do that just go a floor up or down and repeat all of this.
How can I tell the agility of a persona? I have accessories that increases agility.

Metaverse
Haru
looks fantastic.
My favorite design if I'm being honest. It's simple yet beautiful. Her all-out attack pose is the best as well.

nOoblet16

I think they have great chemistry, but it's super strange how sometimes Ryuji is gawking at her, and other times in Ann's confidant scene
he's turning down date offers(light hearted offer, but still!)
It's not really that strange tbh, you can be attracted to someone physically, have a playful chemistry like that and not be interested in dating them for whatever reasons, atleast at that time.

nOoblet16

How can I tell the agility of a persona? I have accessories that increases agility.

My favorite design if I'm being honest. It's simple yet beautiful. Her all-out attack pose is the best as well.
Go to persona screen and check your persona out, all the stats are there on bottom right hand corner. Agility is Ag

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dat scene when Ryuji and Morgana sneak a peek when Ann passes out lol.

I can kind of understand because
in the beach scene, she's intentionally showing off/knows how she's presenting herself, whereas in the fourth palace scene and the fireworks yukata scene, she's not.
This is independent of any agency issues inherent in Atlus writing a fictional character that gets perved on like this a bunch, but in the context of her character it makes a certain sense.

Also, I wouldn't say it's just Ryuji, if only because
Yusuke's intentions have never been totally clear re: nude painting, and even if he is pure like we all want him to be, it's still pretty fucking skeevy that he tries to blackmail her into doing it.
I feel like that last bit gets overlooked a lot and I'm kind of surprised.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You don't really have to spoil that. She's on the boxart and splash screen when starting the game.

I have learned that some people are very very touchy about spoilers so I rather be safe these days.

Also, im completely destroying palace 5 and then I ran into some sort of
elephant
guy, he looks funny what does he OH MY GOD HE ALMOST ONE SHOT MY ENTIRE PARTY

Top Bottom