• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

You just can. Normally they will say something along the lines of, "you're not strong enough for me yet, here's an item" but with
Sun
Maxed, you can always talk to them.

I don't think there is anything to know. After I got it, every persona above my level I tried to negotiate worked.

Oh cool! I was hesitant to try because if it didn't work I'd rather have the experience from killing it with an all out attack than being given a pity item.

Social stats, aforementioned social link item, compendium, equipment, money.

Ok nice that's actually ideal. gonna do a NG+ with the english dub on Hard, whenever I get around to it.

I still don't know how some of you guys are able to start one immediately after beating it the first time. Like where do you guys get all this free time?

nOoblet16

A couple of questions about reaper:

Can you fight him in any place of mementos including the first floor?.

Do you have to just be stand still for 5 minutes? isnt an easier way?. Just got to the flu season gonna try to go for him...
Every floor except the first. Basically try to remember the first time it was mentioned while you were down there, it's only from there on that you get him. Standing still for 5 mins is the easier way. Otherwise you have to spend like 10 minutes going around the same floor. Just stay at the area where you spawn (but do get in the car) and go have a cup of coffee.

Lunar15

I beat the game and I still wanna know why everyone hates Ryuji. The way he gets talking about on here you'd think he was Palace 5 or something...

It's a time-honored tradition for persona deuteragonist hate to get overblown. It's never without some truth, but generally just feels over the top.

Oh cool! I was hesitant to try because if it didn't work I'd rather have the experience from killing it with an all out attack than being given a pity item.

I mean you still have to successfully negotiate them but now you just get the option too instead of being immediately rejected.

Are there any *really* essential Social Links, gameplay-wise, that I should be working on? I'm on the third palace, and feel free to name links I may not have made yet.

Also, I don't think I've spent any money on guns yet. Should I? I only ever use them to trigger weaknesses, but never to actually deal damage.

It's a time-honored tradition for persona deuteragonist hate to be overblown. It's never without some truth, but generally just feels over the top.

I've never played Persona 4 so I can't comment on that (I heard he was a homophobe or something like that) but people hate Junpei? He was the man.

This is the first time where I don't want to finish a game. I'm gonna miss this cast so much, their adventures and everyday shenanigans have being a key part of my everyday life.

I'm gonna buy every fucking spin-off if they are ever made. I really don't wanna say goodbye to Ann, Ryuji and Morgana. I really don't *cries*

Setsu00

Are there any *really* essential Social Links, gameplay-wise, that I should be working on? I'm on the third palace, and feel free to name links I may not have made yet.

Also, I don't think I've spent any money on guns yet. Should I? I only ever use them to trigger weaknesses, but never to actually deal damage.

Star, Death and Temperance were super helpful.

Ultimadrago

Firm Stance or Ali Dance?

I always go Ali Dance. No damage is better than some damage (while not 100%). Firm Stance is catered for certain physical attackers that have buffed Endurance to boot, but Ali Dance procs enough where I find no reason to eat incoming hits (unless you mean a Drain for a Weak/Physcial coverage or something) .

Temperance and Fortune are a MUST. Absolutely do them as quickly as possible.

nOoblet16

1) Time saving: Fortune (grants stat and confidant point bonus), Temper (lets you go out in evening after dungeons, lets you wash stuff, make coffee/curry without wasting time)
2) Money saving: Death (cheaper items at clinic)
3) Gameplay effect: Sun (capture personas above your level), Star (switch party members mid battle, instantly escape from battles), Strength (lets you fuse persona higher level than you, needs a lot of money and you need to be atleast level 50 or so to do rank 10)

Zafir

Ok nice that's actually ideal. gonna do a NG+ with the english dub on Hard, whenever I get around to it.

I still don't know how some of you guys are able to start one immediately after beating it the first time. Like where do you guys get all this free time?

I'm probably more ahead than most because I got the game early.

That said. I haven't played any other games really. My life has been Work, social commitments and Persona these past weeks.

cheez124

temperance, fortune, and star are some of the most important ones i'd say. sun is helpful too

as for guns, yeah i don't really use them for anything other than weaknesses either. i only upgrade them if i have enough cash to spare. my priorities go armor > melee > guns

Lunar15

I've never played Persona 4 so I can't comment on that (I heard he was a homophobe or something like that) but people hate Junpei? He was the man.

People were pretty down on Junpei until Yosuke rolled around.

I dunno, I liked both of them, and I like Ryuji so far. I do think the trope is overdone and they all have aspects to their character that i'm not really fond of (Ryuji's temper, Yosuke's homophobia/insecurity, Junpei's weird MC hate, all of their pervy-scenes), but in general they've got heart and kinda lead the group in a way that the silent MC cannot. They're all kinda hopeless, but have everyone's back when it comes down to it.

Weiss

Banned
Palace 7 spoilers

Man, the writing is taking a downgrade. Akechi suddenly having an internal monologue about his motives and the SHOCKING REVEAL that Madarame and Kaneshiro were in on the conspiracy, because why would this game be Picaresque.

Hopefully it ramps up.

Takemi, Hifumi, Yoshida, Twin Wardens, Kawakami

abundant

Sun (failed Politician), Death (Doctor), Temperance (Teacher/Maid), Fortune (Fortune Teller), and Star (Shogi Player) seem to be the must have S. Links.

I'm probably more ahead than most because I got the game early.

That said. I haven't played any other games really. My life has been Work, social commitments and Persona these past weeks.

Yeah this was men these past two weeks as well. Game absolutely consumed my life. Idk if I could go through another 2 weeks of that again. It really wasn't healthy lol.

Junpei was kind of meh, but I like both Ryuji and Yosuke. They have their moments where they can be annoying but overall their my bros and I can't hate them at the end of the day. I like Ryuji, and honestly only a few times in the game I felt he went too far down the stupid or asshole path, most of the time he was perfectly fine. Its a bit of shame he doesn't get most of his character development until the later story arcs or his confidant though.

People were pretty down on Junpei until Yosuke rolled around.

I dunno, I liked both of them, and I like Ryuji so far. I do think the trope is overdone and they all have aspects to their character that i'm not really fond of (Ryuji's temper, Yosuke's homophobia/insecurity, Junpei's weird MC hate, all of their pervy-scenes), but in general they've got heart and kinda lead the group in a way that the silent MC cannot. They're all kinda hopeless, but have everyone's back when it comes down to it.

yeah I really like the bro characters as well. In regards to to the Junpei hate I don't think people should really fault him for that because unlike the other 2, his "flaw" was completely intentional and part of his character development. And his jealously of the MC goes away after the first couple of hours anyways.

Ultimadrago

I want to watch the other romance options, but it seems Youtube only has English voiced ones for now. Maybe later on there will be some with Japanese dub/English sub.

How worth it is it to build tools, specifically lockpicks?

It's worth always having about over 8 at any given time if you want to handle all treasures you find in Mementos/Palaces (unless you have a certain item that makes disposable ones obsolete). Aside from that Treasure Traps help with finding Treasure Demons that give a good amount of experience/money if you can defeat them. They're also the best experience fodder for Persona as well, so you should consider a few of those as well.

Ydelnae

I'm nearing the 100h mark and I can feel the end is near, but I don't want the game to end.

On the other hand, I can't endure another P5 week. I will probably start seeing speaking cats. I literally heard Yusuke's voice while riding the bus today.

WolfeTone

Coming close to the end, I've enjoyed this a lot. The ending will determine whether I like it more than Persona 5.

A question regarding maxing out Confidants. I have 3 unmaxed and I'm at Dec 14
having just finished the 7th palace, calling card and boss done
. When is the last day for spending time with Confidants?

I need to finish:

- Yusuke - Needs 1 more visit
- Haru - Needs 3 more visits, provided there's no Mementos mission or non-rank up 'date'
- Fortune Teller - Needs 1 more visit

I really hope I can squeeze out those last few ranks in time. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to come up one day short.

Quoting myself here, would really love an answer to this. I've beaten the 7th palace boss, when is the last day for increasing confidants?

Hatty

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

Thud

CyLIAVpUsAAA8DU.jpg

Can't believe I gotta wait until next week before I can experience these amazing, sexy DLC costumes

source

These pairings hnng.

I do wonder how the MC can still stand with pose.

I'm nearing the 100h mark and I can feel the end is near, but I don't want the game to end.

On the other hand, I can't endure another P5 week. I will probably start seeing speaking cats. I literally heard Yusuke's voice while riding the bus today.

Yeah man I feel you. These past few weeks I've had tons of days where I would do nothing but wake up play for 12 hours then go to bed. Literally nothing else. I would even get annoyed when my stomach would start to hurt and I had to stop playing to go eat. I had at least two dreams where I was playing this game. Not even me dreaming that I was inside the game, no, me dream about simply playing it... It was bad lol.

Quoting myself here, would really love an answer to this. I've beaten the 7th palace boss, when is the last day for increasing confidants?

I think up to the 22nd you can. I know the game gives you a couple of days after the palace deadline to do a few. I think you can finish them within that time frame if you really hustle.

Ydelnae

After 7th Palace spoilers

Okay what is this bullshit about "Akechi really saved us all...", "he was one of the victims" stuff the characters are throwing at me right now. He was a murderer. His last wish was to kill you all.

I don't like the 3 minute redemption he have. It's like they are afraid of having an straight up evil character. This is not Tales of, ffs.

abundant

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

How much time did you spend in Mementos? I made at least one trip after every Palace and at the rate I'm playing, should be finished at around the 90 hour mark.

OniBaka

Been playing 4 days straight and finished the 5th dungeon, have to say Makoto and Morgana are my favorite characters. Romance spoiler I guess,
are they intentionally shipping MC with Makoto?
what with all the cutscenes with them together.

Ryuji remains to be my most hated character from the beginning til now.

Top Bottom