• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

WolfeTone

you have ten days left, but a few of them are exam days

I think up to the 22nd you can. I know the game gives you a couple of days after the palace deadline to do a few. I think you can finish them within that time frame if you really hustle.

Thanks folks.

Looks like it'll be a tight squeeze for me to finish off the Empress confidant with those exams looming. I'm actually surprised I came so close to getting all the confidants without using a guide. This game seems a lot more forgiving than P3 FES and P4.

Finally found my first complaint. Checked the list for drinks needed to be purchase to achieve the drink trophy and got the 26 mentioned and no trophy popped up.

Star, Death and Temperance were super helpful.

Temperance and Fortune are a MUST. Absolutely do them as quickly as possible.

1) Time saving: Fortune (grants stat and confidant point bonus), Temper (lets you go out in evening after dungeons, lets you wash stuff, make coffee/curry without wasting time)
2) Money saving: Death (cheaper items at clinic)
3) Gameplay effect: Sun (capture personas above your level), Star (switch party members mid battle, instantly escape from battles), Strength (lets you fuse persona higher level than you, needs a lot of money and you need to be atleast level 50 or so to do rank 10)

temperance, fortune, and star are some of the most important ones i'd say. sun is helpful too

as for guns, yeah i don't really use them for anything other than weaknesses either. i only upgrade them if i have enough cash to spare. my priorities go armor > melee > guns

Takemi, Hifumi, Yoshida, Twin Wardens, Kawakami

Sun (failed Politician), Death (Doctor), Temperance (Teacher/Maid), Fortune (Fortune Teller), and Star (Shogi Player) seem to be the must have S. Links.

Y'all are wonderful, thank you.

Thanks folks.

Looks like it'll be a tight squeeze for me to finish off the Empress confidant with those exams looming. I'm actually surprised I came so close to getting all the confidants without using a guide. This game seems a lot more forgiving than P3 FES and P4.

Yeah. It's funny in like September or October I was like "there's no way in hell I'm getting most of these done". But I ended up doing all but 3 of them. Most of them I got done in December too.

DukeBobby

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

Idling.

I tend to leave the game on while I go off and do something else for an hour or two. It's a bad habit of mine.

Been playing 4 days straight and finished the 5th dungeon, have to say Makoto and Morgana are my favorite characters. Romance spoiler I guess,
are they intentionally shipping MC with Makoto?
what with all the cutscenes with them together.

Ryuji remains to be my most hated character from the beginning til now.

some storyline scenes can be with different people depending on progress with their confidant link

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

Which date are you on?

Avatar of Makoto, but secretly wants to date her older sister instead. What a cruel man.

Nah, just curious and wanted to know if it was an option, considering the way her link has advanced so far.

Makoto is the only one for me.

(Though Takemi is definitely nice too.)

Unknown?

Anyone feel like this game is WAY WAAAYYYY longer than P4? Or is it because I haven't beat it yet and it takes a long time to get started? I'm over 18 hours in and just at the second palace. I know there's gotta be tons more too but it's already half the time it took me to finish P4 and I feel like I'm not even 1/4th in.

Zafir

Anyone feel like this game is WAY WAAAYYYY longer than P4? Or is it because I haven't beat it yet and it takes a long time to get started? I'm over 18 hours in and just at the second palace. I know there's gotta be tons more too but it's already half the time it took me to finish P4 and I feel like I'm not even 1/4th in.

Was about the same length for as the first Persona 4 for me, maybe a tad shorter.

I didn't finish golden, so I can't compare it to that.

I refuse to believe you beat P4 in only 36 hours.

You're not lol.

12/02
I'm a fast reader maybe that's why

Yeah I think i was in the middle of Palace 5 when I was 75 hours in so I don't think you'll hit 100 (I beta it at 117). But to be fair there still is quite a huge chunk of game left. Also I spent a lot of time dicking around in mementos.

there is no way you beat persona 4 in less than 40 hours

Setsu00

After 7th Palace spoilers

Okay what is this bullshit about "Akechi really saved us all...", "he was one of the victims" stuff the characters are throwing at me right now. He was a murderer. His last wish was to kill you all.

I don't like the 3 minute redemption he have. It's like they are afraid of having an straight up evil character. This is not Tales of, ffs.
Akechi did save them, he was one of the victims due to Shido's manipulations, but he was also a serial killer. The cast sympathizes with him because of his tragic past/ sob story (which I thought was reasonable considering that everyone had a shitty past and gave them a common background), but Haru especially makes it clear that she will never forgive him. Futaba probably, too, as he killed her mother. The other thing about Akechi is that he didn't really have a redemption in the end. He only saved the others because it would ensure that Shido would have to pay for his crimes.

_Ryo_

11/21 - 11/25
How did they make the cognitive versions of Akechi and Main Character?
I understand every part of the plan except that. How did they know the cognitive versions would appear?

Setsu00

11/21 - 11/25
I understand every part of the plan except that. How did they know the cognitive versions would appear?

There is no cognitive version of Akechi in Sae's Palace, he's the real deal. The MC's cognitive version was created due to Sae's interrogation of him: She knew that he had to be there.

Unknown?

I refuse to believe you beat P4 in only 36 hours.

Was about the same length for as the first Persona 4 for me, maybe a tad shorter.

I didn't finish golden, so I can't compare it to that.

there is no way you beat persona 4 in less than 40 hours

Well I seem to remember it being around the 40hour mark. I could be wrong but I'm just talking getting to the ending, not doing 100%. If it's the same length as P4 then that's about right, it just feels so much longer!

Not a bad thing, I'm loving it. Although taking forever with the tutorials was annoying.

WolfeTone

11/21 - 11/25

Spoiler for 11/21 - 11/25
The real Akechi was lured into Sae's palace where there was a cognitive version of MC for him to kill.

FluxWaveZ

There is no cognitive version of Akechi in Sae's Palace, he's the real deal. The MC's cognitive version was created due to Sae's interrogation of him: She knew that he had to be there.

This isn't true; did you miss a vital part of the plan?

(POST PALACE 6 SPOILERS):
They had to tie up the cognitive Akechi in Sae's palace to make sure he didn't interfere with the plan and the real Akechi didn't run into him. Futaba talks about this in the MC's room.

nOoblet16

Actually
there was a cognitive version of Akechi in Sae's palace simply because Sae saw Akechi there and as such her cognition believed him to be going towards that interrogation room. Meaning there was a cognitive Akechi going to the same place real Akechi was going, but because it was Sae's cognition and she was unaware of Akechi's powers the cognitive Akechi was a chump. The teammates then proceeded to catch him and tie him up so that he doesn't run into the real Akechi.

Futaba explains all of this when you speak to her.

_Ryo_

Spoiler for 11/21 - 11/25
The real Akechi was lured into Sae's palace where there was a cognitive version of MC for him to kill.

11/21 - 11/25

Yea, I get there was a cognitive version of MC and I understand the plan. but I don't understand how they knew there was gonna be one there. What if Akechi just had no real opinion of MC at all? There was no cognitive Ryuji in Kamoshida's castle,
for example.

sprinkles

Long weekend ends today. I put like 50 hours into the game over the last four days. Why does work exist and how do I avoid it tomorrow?

Platypus

11/21 - 11/25

Yea, I get there was a cognitive version of MC and I understand the plan. but I don't understand how they knew there was gonna be one there. What if Akechi just had no real opinion of MC at all? There was no cognitive Ryuji in Kamoshida's castle,
for example.

It's Sae's palace. In her cognition he's there because of course she just saw him there.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
11/21 - 11/25

for example.

11/21-25 Spoilers

But it's not Akechi's cognitive MC, it's Sae's. They're still in her palace, and her cognition is that MC is in the room.

WolfeTone

11/21 - 11/25

for example.

It's pretty confusing, but I think the others have it right
They're in Sae's palace and she had just seen MC in that room so he was there in her cognition.

Zolo

Can the fifth dungeon be done in one go?
Haru doesn't seem to have awoken to her persona yet, so I assume I'll probably have to leave once.

Dragner

thanks for the Reaper advices, powerleveled my team to level 75 in 15 minutes not bad, Got to make some good Personas now like Lakshmi, Sigfried (an old favourite of mine) and Gabriel.

_Ryo_

So after 11/25 will I have ANY time left for like grinding, confidants or buying items at all? Or am I totally fucked.
I just now got to the 7th palace
Has the ship sailed for me? I think I'm only like level 55-60. With very few HP/SP items.

Top Bottom