• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

JMY86

I just finished the sixth palace and watching the aftermath. Good gravy! I love this fucking game! I think I am now a Persona fan for life...

PK Gaming

Can the fifth dungeon be done in one go?
Haru doesn't seem to have awoken to her persona yet, so I assume I'll probably have to leave once.

Yeah, but I strongly recommend against it. Even if your team is strong enough for it, you'll definitely get burnt out.

WolfeTone

So after 11/25 will I have ANY time left for like grinding, confidants or buying items at all? Or am I totally fucked.
I just now got to the 7th palace
Has the ship sailed for me? I think I'm only like level 55-60. With very few HP/SP items.

Yes you will. 7th palace operates like normal. You can juggle confidants and dungeon crawling.

It's funny, the game makes it seem like you won't be able to leave the house but you can walk around as normal with your Assassin disguise.

It's Sae's palace. In her cognition he's there because of course she just saw him there.

11/21-25 Spoilers

But it's not Akechi's cognitive MC, it's Sae's. They're still in her palace, and her cognition is that MC is in the room.

Ok whatever since we're already talking about it.
How did Akechi leave Sae's palace without knowing he was in one? The game never shows it, but I'd imagine the process of leaving the Cognitive world is the same as going in, in that you'd have to use the app. and Sae couldn't have done since they don't meat back up.

LProtag

I'm sad my Spring break is over and I have less time to play. I was able to get through the 3rd palace. Hopefully this weekend I can make a big dent.

Dragner

Yep, this is my first Persona game but definitely not my last...

You are in for a good ride. Persona 3 and 4 are also premium quality game. P3 doesnt have the best of the gameplays (the PS2 version at least) but has a really good story on a dark almost creepypasta tone. P4 is all the opposite. More chill and light-hearthed than 3 and 5 but with almost as good gameplay as 5 and probably the best cast on the series.

Platypus

How did Akechi leave Sae's palace without knowing he was in one? The game never shows it, but I'd imagine the process of leaving the Cognitive world is the same as going in, in that you'd have to use the app. and Sae couldn't have done since they don't meat back up.

Ehh... I think Futaba was controlling the app remotely. Honestly though the plan kinda falls apart for multiple reasons if you stop to think about it. Its best to just enjoy the wild ride.

Opa-Pa

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

Doing stuff like this
lynsPLu.jpg

No but seriously, I have no idea. I have 106 hours so far and I'm at the 6th palace. I haven't grinded or left the game iddle for more than 10 minutes because I always let it in the PS4 menu to not add time to the clock.

It can't be the Velvet Room either because while I have spent hours, I've done a lot of save scumming.

I do explore dungeons extensively, make sure to get all treasures and get as far as I can in Mementos whenever I visit it though.

_Ryo_

as far as im aware, You can leave and enter a palace without using the App yourself as long as you are near the area of the palace entrace you automatically enter it.
Like how Ann was able to enter Kamoshida's castle

Quick question - I saw that three new sets of Persona went up today as DLC... Are any of them worth grabbing? I'm level 55 atm so I'm not interested in anything too far below that.

Ehh... I think Futaba was controlling the app remotely. Honestly though the plan kinda falls apart for multiple reasons if you stop to think about it. Its best to just enjoy the wild ride.

Yeah but Sae had the phone and she was no longer near Akechi. But yeah you're right about the holes in the plans which is why I initially didn't even bother asking this.

as far as im aware, You can leave and enter a palace without using the App yourself as long as you are near the area of the palace entrace you automatically enter it.
Like how Ann was able to enter Kamoshida's castle

I don't think that's the case. Ann entered the palace because she was right next to the MC and Ryuji when they used the app.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck me, 5th Palace just goes huh?

I didnt have any particular problem with it tho like most people, I'm on normal is that why? What did annoy people, was it the part with the
guards? I just ignored the whole hints shit and just fought them all tbh lol
I had one death earlier with a unlucky crit on the MC but thats about it, I got back to where I was quick enough. Anyway, treasure route secured on the first day as I've been doing since the third palace (the only way to play tbh!), hit the 70 hour mark too.

edit: got a bunch of xp too, think I went in around 38 and got out at 43

_Ryo_

Yeah but Sae had the phone and she was no longer near Akechi. But yeah you're right about the holes in the plans which is why I initially didn't even bother asking this.

I don't think that's the case. Ann entered the palace because she was right next to the MC and Ryuji when they used the app.

But she didnt use the app herself at that time, she was close enough to enter because others activated the metaverse.

mike6467

What're you guys doing to get over 100 hour playtimes? Grinding? I'm at the last palace and my clock says 75 and I feel like I've been taking my time and have maxed out all but four confidants as well as all of the social stats. Did I miss a chunk of the game?

I'm at 110 and ready to hit the 6th boss. I've spent a ton of time fusing. Also I spend a lot of time walking around and talking to people after each story arc. I'll also repeatedly run momentos for money every time I make a trip.

More then that I think, I just really love the world so I've been dragging it out and skipping fast travel quite a bit. I'm sure some of that is idling as well.

Jiraiza

I didnt have any particular problem with it tho like most people, I'm on normal is that why? What did annoy people, was it the part with the
I had one death earlier with a unlucky crit on the MC but thats about it, I got back to where I was quick enough. Anyway, treasure route secured on the first day as I've been doing since the third palace (the only way to play tbh!), hit the 70 hour mark too.

What I found annoying was all the "dead" time, like having to watch 10 seconds of a door until it opens because it needs to verify your access. Stuff like that is a real waste of time.

So I'm at what seems strongly like the end now.
Just hit Christmas Eve and we have to go to the bottom of Mementos. Igor, Caroline and Justine are about to become the final villains, aren't they? If so, that's a sucker punch from hell. It sucks bad.

Futaba controlled it remotely, it's why Sae had to show Akechi the phone. Since Sae's cognition of the interrogation room wasn't distorted, Akechi only felt the slightest of change.

I've just finished the 7th Palace and I have to say
Japanese Senator Armstrong fight was lame. There's no way this is the end. Mementos is still walled off and Morgana's true self is still a mystery.

So after 11/25 will I have ANY time left for like grinding, confidants or buying items at all? Or am I totally fucked.
I just now got to the 7th palace
Has the ship sailed for me? I think I'm only like level 55-60. With very few HP/SP items.

As someone upthread said, you'll have the usual amount of time, so don't stress too much just yet. If you're worried specifically about combat, you'll have options for grinding right up to the end if you really need them.

WolfeTone

5th palace was probably the worst for me so far.
The part at the beginning where you had to get the key cards was tedious. I felt like there were too many ordinary enemies in the area that made running around those long corridors a pain. Everything beyond that wasn't so bad, the hydraulic press stuff was a bit annoying having to button mash through the text. I enjoyed the airlock section.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just fused a persona and now im afraid that Marvel is going to sue me.

Its fucking Ghost Rider holy shit lol.

It's been a week since I've beaten this game yet all I want to do is go on more Persona 5 adventures. I feel like that meme where the game's only problem is that it's too good.
I know there are legitimate game issues btw.
But at the same time I haven't found NG+ or a plain old new game satisfying because I've experienced it all before. I guess I'll just wait until the rerelease in 2 years.

Futaba controlled it remotely, it's why Sae had to show Akechi the phone. Since Sae's cognition of the interrogation room wasn't distorted, Akechi only felt the slightest of change.

I've just finished the 7th Palace and I have to say
Japanese Senator Armstrong fight was lame. There's no way this is the end. Mementos is still walled off and Morgana's true self is still a mystery.

Yes that explains how he got in which I already knew but it doesn't explain how he got out. SInce the app only brings people in and out if they're near the person using it.

_Ryo_

Yes I know that is my point. How would that explain why Goro was able to leave alone though?

Wouldnt all he have to do is walk back to the place he entered from? I mean, he wasnt aware it was a palace so wouldnt leaving be as easy as leaving normally when he perceives it to be reality? Like, if I were to walk into my kitchen which was unbeknowist to me, a palace and everything looked completely normal, shouldnt I be able to leave the palace just by exiting the kitchen?

Wouldnt all he have to do is walk back to the place he entered from? I mean, he wasnt aware it was a palace so wouldnt leaving be as easy as leaving normally when he perceives it to be reality? Like, if I were to walk into my kitchen which was unbeknowist to me, a palace and everything looked completely normal, shouldnt I be able to leave the palace just by exiting the kitchen?

Can you leave a palace that way? I don't thinkt he game ever made it clear. And what would constitute the entrance in that case? Sae's palace was quite large the characters even comment on this when they first go in. It's pretty much a large section of the city.

_Ryo_

Can you leave a palace that way? I don't thinkt he game ever made it clear. And what would constitute the entrance in that case? Sae's palace was quite large the characters even comment on this when they first go in. It's pretty much a large section of the city.

Im not sure but I always assumed that was the case.

Isnt that how Ryuji and MC threw Ann out of Kamoshida's castle? I dont tecall them using the app to get out, and then reusing it to return. They just threw her out the entrance, didnt they?

I just beat the dungeon that's was due by December
18th
. Really sorry but I lost count of the dungeons and don't know how many there are.

Anyway spoilers for Dec dungeon ahead

I can only speak about the dungeon itself because I haven't made it to the dead line yet.

Shido was such a disappointment of a boss battle. Maybe it was the team I used but it took forever to beat him, he felt like a damage sponge, I mean I fell asleep fighting him only to wake up to fall asleep again.

Disappointing battle.

I wish we got to see more of the crazy Akechi side instead of the boy wonder side. I like him more when he's psychotic. Seeing how Akechi turned out I wish he was a female character. Where are my female phsyco paths!?!?! I don't care much for a female protagonist but I do love a great female antagonist. The Persona series feels like it can produce a memorable female antagonist.

How many dundeons are left besides Momentos?

Im not sure but I always assumed that was the case.

Isnt that how Ryuji and MC threw Ann out of Kamoshida's castle? I dont tecall them using the app to get out, and then reusing it to return. They just threw her out the entrance, didnt they?

It was done off screen so we don't know. Anyway I guess I'm just going to have to go with this explanation then lol.

WolfeTone

I just beat the dungeon that's was due by December
18th
. Really sorry but I lost count of the dungeons and don't know how many there are.

Anyway spoilers for Dec dungeon ahead

I can only speak about the dungeon itself because I haven't made it to the dead line yet.

Shido was such a disappointment of a boss battle. Maybe it was the team I used but it took forever to beat him, he felt like a damage sponge, I mean I fell asleep fighting him only to wake up to fall asleep again.

Disappointing battle.

I wish we got to see more of the crazy Akechi side instead of the boy wonder side. I like him more when he's psychotic. Seeing how Akechi turned out I wish he was a female character. Where are my female phsyco paths!?!?! I don't care much for a female protagonist but I do love a great female antagonist. The Persona series feels like it can produce a memorable female antagonist.

How many dundeons are left besides Momentos?

Regarding the 7th palace boss
I found Shido quite easy. Though I was using Trumpeter with the Debilitate skill to lower his stats along with Ryuji's Tarukaja all party attack buff. Atlus games make buffs quite significant in my experience, at least compared to other JRPGs where you can mostly ignore them.

Regarding the 7th palace boss
I found Shido quite easy. Though I was using Trumpeter with the Debilitate skill to lower his stats along with Ryuji's Tarukaja all party attack buff. Atlus games make buffs quite significant in my experience, at least compared to other JRPGs where you can mostly ignore them.

7th Palace thanks for that bit of info

That's something I've never taken advantage of. In previous Shin Megami Tensei Games I soley relied on hitting their weaknesses before they hit mine. He was definitely easy which was disappointing and he soaked in damage which I guess was my fault.

Looks like I'm going to have to up my game for the harder difficulties.

Top Bottom