• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Aselith

Man, they can fuck off with how much your melee misses in
Futabas
palace. Thoth and Isis can suck a dick. My face is actually tired right now. So annoying to miss a PSI and all three melees then get one shotted for your trouble.

ebil

I cleared the 6th Palace tonight. The game wasn't kidding when it told me I'd basically be entering a tunnel of cutscenes.

The twist was solid, but I actually kind of was expecting that there would be more to it (well, I suppose there will be later on).

Everything was heavily foreshadowed (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and I basically got all the hints, starting with the pancakes way back then. I knew something was off when they started to cut cutscenes randomly during September-October.
As a result I never could bring myself to trust Akechi one bit, and seeing his ridiculously over the top costume, Persona, weapons, dual light-dark skills and all-out-attack (in which he kind of looks like a psycho) didn't help. lol.

The explanations for the whole plan were rad. Futaba is a genius. I must say I like the whole team quite a bit more after this.

Zyrox

Managed to max out all my Slinks on my first playthrough without a guide. Yay. Time to breathe finally. I am at dungeon 7 right now and have a question:
do I still get free time post dungeon? Or does it skip to like christmas or something even though I would still have some days left?

Reposting for new page

bryt

Fuuuck I hate it when fusions go wrong. Just wasted over 200k yen cuz it fucked up. I should always save beforehand...

Jiraiza

Hierophant, Rank 8:

Damn, Sojiro is the best. THE BEST. Acting as Futaba AND MC's guardian, amazing development. I can't believe the uncle tried to hurt Futaba there though. What an asshole.

Jiraiza

10/11:

What's with Destinyland always being the to-go make-up name for Disneyland? Anyway, like how only Ann, Ryuji, and Futaba have the animal ears on. Heh.

Approaching end game and is it just me or do you guys also miss the abundance of siice of life events/scenes that P4 had? In my opinion those scenes made me feel that the p4 cast were friends rather than just people who happened to have the same powers and circumstances. Almost all the meeting with the p5 cast were them discussing the phantom thieves.

That's basically the point. The Phantom Thieves becomes so big that it consumes their lives and thoughts. Mid-Septembe spoilers
That was the point of the school trip. They go to Hawaii but can't even enjoy it properly because they can't get their mind off of being part of this group that is blowing up in popularity. And its especially frustrating to them because they can't even reveal they are a part of it.

It actually feels pretty realistic MO and I appreciate that approach this time out. I really don't think you can do "Best Friends Hangout:The Game" any better than P4 so I like that they took it in a different direction.

Acorn

Are you saying that Atlus has reasons to make people not support the phantom thieves?

... do we need to steal atlus's heart?
I'm new to the group for this mission, can you explain what the process for heart stealing is for the 5th time?

Please use analogies.

Nearing the end of the first palace and starting to run into random enemies who can one-hit kill my main character on a whim. I'm at level 10. That's annoying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm new to the group for this mission, can you explain what the process for heart stealing is for the 5th time?

Please use analogies.

It's like when PSN notifications pop up.

And instead of "You can't take screenshots at this time" you actually see the trophy notification.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(12/24) HOLY SHIIIIT FUTABA WITH THAT CLUTCH ASS
FINAL GUARD ON THE FINAL BOSS'S ULTIMATE ATTACK

LiK

Weird it works for me.
http://phansite.net/

713dd59499.png

I got the link from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/65y7kf/apparently_someone_made_the_fuckign_phansite/

Wow

Gorillaz

Text message on 7/21

"Who are you?"
"Who are you?"
"Who are you?" As a response to a hacker who is texting you with dramatic music is hilarious

(12/24) HOLY SHIIIIT FUTABA WITH THAT CLUTCH ASS
FINAL GUARD ON THE FINAL BOSS'S ULTIMATE ATTACK
YUP!!
Same shit happened to me, I went all in on that fucker and didn't guard and Futaba saved my ass so hard. She saved my ass way too many times.

Strimei

5/28:
I knew the whole teacher-is-a-maid thing was coming and I still have a goofy grin from how this is all going down.

edit: THEY DUBBED THE MOVIES? AWESOME!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Is this shitty Power Intuition minigame going to keep me from getting the platinum? Good god I've been at this for 45 mins trying and retrying. I never thought being shitty at fighting game inputs would keep me from completing something in a fucking mainline persona.

I'm salty right now.

I need some help (near end game dungeon spoilers?)
I'm at merged mementos, Shibuya and I can't beat this asshole angel that summons the two smaller angels, he keeps getting recarm'd by either one and full heals. I even tried keeping them confused and they just recarm whenever it wears off and they get a turn.

I'm at 12/24 now and have a question.
They basically pushed me into Mementos and said "get to the bottom" with the deadline for re-arrest being "FEW" instead of a number. Do I have to do it all in one day because if so Jesus Christ they upped the ante and I was doing Mementos regularly. I was doing normal activities to build up Confidants along with some Phan-Site targets during the Shido off-time because I figures the game would let me know when the next big deadline was like it always did.

Zafir

Is this shitty Power Intuition minigame going to keep me from getting the platinum? Good god I've been at this for 45 mins trying and retrying. I never thought being shitty at fighting game inputs would keep me from completing something in a fucking mainline persona.

I'm salty right now.

I was using a controller which has a terrible d-pad. A Razer Raiju. Great for everything else, but boy is it useless for doing fighting game inputs.

I ended up pulling out my fight stick to do that thing. I did it first try on that, but fuck I couldn't do it at all on the controller!

SephLuis

I need some help (near end game dungeon spoilers?)
I'm at merged mementos, Shibuya and I can't beat this asshole angel that summons the two smaller angels, he keeps getting recarm'd by either one and full heals. I even tried keeping them confused and they just recarm whenever it wears off and they get a turn.

Buff, beat the smaller ones and then move to kill the boss.
Using magic that hits all enemies helps a lot.

I'm at 12/24 now and have a question.
They basically pushed me into Mementos and said "get to the bottom" with the deadline for re-arrest being "FEW" instead of a number. Do I have to do it all in one day because if so Jesus Christ they upped the ante and I was doing Mementos regularly. I was doing normal activities to build up Confidants along with some Phan-Site targets during the Shido off-time because I figures the game would let me know when the next big deadline was like it always did.

That's the last part of the game so you won't have anymore free time for confidants. You can exit mementos just to buy items and equipment

gun_haver

Nearing the end of the first palace and starting to run into random enemies who can one-hit kill my main character on a whim. I'm at level 10. That's annoying.

turn the difficulty down or pay attention to your equipped persona's weaknesses. i'm 60 hours in on normal and haven't been one-shotted yet, even by hama (although this does happen)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I was using a controller which has a terrible d-pad. A Razer Raiju. Great for everything else, but boy is it useless for doing fighting game inputs.

I ended up pulling out my fight stick to do that thing. I did it first try on that, but fuck I couldn't do it at all on the controller!

I've gotten to the point of remote playing with the vita (and just looking at the tv still to ignore any display lag), since its easier to do diagonals with such a small dpad. Only trick for me is getting the -> and X after the half-circle.

I am so frustrated right now :(

Having 3 of the SP badges really changes the game for the better. It's nice to explore a dungeon without having to ration out spell usage or worry about running out of items. Just breezed through the 4th palace and had everyone around 75% SP when finished.

Buff, beat the smaller ones and then move to kill the boss.
Using magic that hits all enemies helps a lot.

I'm doing that but I'm getting wrecked by the bosses almighty attack that hits the whole group and I can't get any damage done cause he keeps getting full healed by the minions. Even if I kill them he just summons another to get a full heal.

Is there some sort of trick to it I'm not catching on to?

Top Bottom