• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Immediately post 7th Dungeon question

Mishima sent me a new request at the deepest floor of the Mementos available but it didn't open up a new zone. I assume completing the Mementos will be mandatory to see the true ending of the game since Morgana's story is linked to it.

Is the last Mementos path unlocked by story progression or did I mess something up?

Post 7 spoilers:
I don't think you can mess that up. Do you still have days left until the deadline?

So I just beat the Second dungeon enjoying it so far.
I need guts. What us the easiest way to get more?
Clinical trials?
The burger thing?

I'm about at the same spot so what I'm doing now is eating burgers and reading books to increase guts.

This game is really amazing. It's a very few jrpg that I barely skip dialogues.

nOoblet16

Can the fifth dungeon be done in one go?
Haru doesn't seem to have awoken to her persona yet, so I assume I'll probably have to leave once.
Every dungeon can be done in one go provided you have SP adhesive 3. When I say one go I mean the first time you actually are able to infiltrate.

In most dungeons you go in first time to scout things and the back to the real world, but when you go the 2nd time that's when you do the actual infiltration and it can be done in one go. The only exception to this is dungeon 2 where you have to go back to the real world twice.

ChrisD

Only 15 minutes?

It's not much because I'm a chronic saver, but it's annoying nonetheless. Redoing stuff isn't my idea of fun.

I hated Fissure and the likes in Pokemon (OHKO with like a 15% accuracy), I hate Hama/Mudo in these games. And it goes for dying to them or using them myself. Why would I use something with a low chance? And why should I be able to die to poor chance?

mike6467

Every dungeon can be done in one go provided you have SP adhesive 3. When I say one go I mean the first time you actually are able to infiltrate.

In most dungeons you go in first time to scout things and the back to the real world, but when you go the 2nd time that's when you do the actual infiltration and it can be done in one go. The only exception to this is dungeon 2 where you have to go back to the real world twice.

Dungeon 6/temperance spoilers

You technically leave palace 6 once,
and if you have temperance maxed you'll have a night available to you. If not it just automatically rolls you back into the dungeon the next day. I know you can't go grind or anything, but for managing slinks it's good to know.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not much because I'm a chronic saver, but it's annoying nonetheless. Redoing stuff isn't my idea of fun.

I hated Fissure and the likes in Pokemon (OHKO with like a 15% accuracy), I hate Hama/Mudo in these games. And it goes for dying to them or using them myself. Why would I use something with a low chance? And why should I be able to die to poor chance?

Wait till you get to/use the ones with a medium/high chance. That's where the fun/despair begins lol

nOoblet16

Can you leave a palace that way? I don't thinkt he game ever made it clear. And what would constitute the entrance in that case? Sae's palace was quite large the characters even comment on this when they first go in. It's pretty much a large section of the city.
Post dungeon 6 spoiler
It's mentioned in the long exposition cutscene that in order to exit the metaverse you have to just walk back the way you came

PK Gaming

Re: October 26-27

Aka where everything goes to shit. The entire game has been building up to this moment and the payoff was intense. Starting off, public opinion for the Phantom Thieves has hit rock bottom. All of the support you accumulated throughout the game literally disappears. Okumura may he been a scumbag, but people don't take to brutal deaths all that well, and it was fascinating seeing public opinion steadily drop as they slowly started losing faith in the Phantom Thieves. I just love how the Phantom Thieves were set up and wrecked by adults. It's a good call back to a day where adults were actually competent and capable like in 1/2, rather than being ignorant and bumbling like in 3/4. It's like the kiddie leagues are over; they're playing ball with adults who don't fuck around, and seeing the Phantom Thieves squirm is great. It's not all bad though, as that scene were Sojiro ends up finding out that Joker and Futaba are a part of the Phantom Thieves is touching, and it absolutely solidified him as being better than Dojima.

Makoto's gambit of squeezing Goro for information pays off, but with an interesting twist, Goro ends up blackmailing himself into joining Phantom Thieves. There's more I want to say about him, but to keep things short, I can't stress how great of a moment that was. It totally subverts the trend of advertised party members joining the party with good intentions. Goro has complete control over the situation, and it was legitimately depressing having him demand the Phantom Thieves break up after this. He wasn't the big break they needed to get out of a sticky situation, but rather, another force that's having their way with them. He's completely different from Naoto, who ultimately felt like a good person, even when she was an abrasive jerk. The following scene where the characters literally have a mini breakdown in Joker's room is like, a top 5 Persona moment for me.

"Where did we go wrong?"

It's heavy and intense, and almost cathartic. Characters bicker and argue in natural ways. There's talk of backing out and blaming, and everyone is extremely upset. Eventually they come to the conclusion that they lost their way, prioritizing fame and indulging in power rather than actually trying to better society. It's a surprisingly human moment, and the scene where Ryuji calls Joker to talk about how much of a shithead is the perfect cap to that thread. They fucked up, though they haven't lost yet.

Moving on, the atmosphere in Sae's dungeon is obviously fantastic, but even the group atmosphere is worth noting. With the exception of Goro, nobody is happy. They all have this "back against the wall" type of vibe and it's awesome. Seeing Goro almost gleefully talk about "learning the ropes" (his reaction to the calling card was great) made for a funny yet dark contrast with everyone else's dire disposition. To Goro, he's just using them to get back at society in his own way, but to them, this is literally it. Success or failure. Do or die. Goro himself is an exceptional party member. I expected Naoto, but his stat allocation and skills make him a superb damage dealer. Unlike Naoto however, his Persona actually has a weakness, but I see this as more of a good thing. After all, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses in life, and it was a bit silly when her Persona in P4 completely lacked one.

With Goro on the team, literally every element in the game is covered, so i'm pretty much set. All in all, i'm extremely excited for following dungeon.

'CAUSE I FEEL

nOoblet16

Dungeon 6/temperance spoilers

You technically leave palace 6 once,
and if you have temperance maxed you'll have a night available to you. If not it just automatically rolls you back into the dungeon the next day. I know you can't go grind or anything, but for managing slinks it's good to know.
Yes that's another one

I died to an insta-kill spell once. There were like 5-6 other times I got targeted but teammates protected me. That feels so good

With SP being so precious, I only used them like twice.

PK Gaming

Priestess, Rank 9:

Ha ha, time to friendzone Makoto!

Minor nitpick, but so far she's the only girl in the game who doesn't get friendzoned. Joker has to be the one to ask her out. In fact, you actually get ♪♪♪ for going with the friendship route, while the other girls express varying amounts of disappointment.

I basically never used Hama/Mudo in P5, to the point of intentionally overwriting those skills with Kouga/Eiga skills. Now that there are multiple ways to trigger curse/bless weaknesses, it just feels like a waste--not only are those skills more SP and lower chance to hit, but if they DO hit, you kill the enemy outright, which means no negotiations.

Only unique Persona have "high chance" instant kill skills, those are unique to them and can't be transfer.

I got Alice in my P3P playthrough (which is also my first ever Persona game) and she obliterated everything in my path.

I basically never used Hama/Mudo in P5, to the point of intentionally overwriting those skills with Kouga/Eiga skills. Now that there are multiple ways to trigger curse/bless weaknesses, it just feels like a waste--not only are those skills more SP and lower chance to hit, but if they DO hit, you kill the enemy outright, which means no negotiations.

That's where I am now as well.

I fucked up a treasure demon because I only had mudo instead of Eiga as the dark spell... never again lol

Ultimadrago

Only unique Persona have "high chance" instant kill skills, those are unique to them and can't be transfer.

I got Alice in my P3P playthrough (which is also my first ever Persona game) and she obliterated everything in my path.

Alice is my favorite main Persona right now and she's great. I just have "Die for Me!" on for mobs and Megidolan for Bosses/Mobs and with her giant magic stat, it works great. Yoshitune's Tobi is still the King of Broken though.

Back in Persona 4 I used Yoshitune + Trumpeter like every other person that skimmed a GameFAQs thread. I like using an actual favorite much more though.

Jiraiza

Minor nitpick, but so far she's the only girl in the game who doesn't get friendzoned. Joker has to be the one to ask her out. In fact, you actually get ♪♪♪ for going with the friendship route, while the other girls express varying amounts of disappointment.

Makoto feels like the most canon choice for the MC to me, so I can see that.

In other news:

TopxM2p.jpg

Aww yiss, almost there.

Noob questions as I haven't played the series before:
I'm a little confused with how confidants work. Sometimes I level up when I hang out with them, other times I do not, and have to do it multiple times. Should I wait for certain times to hang out with them, or am I forced to do it multiple times? I thought if I responded to their calls to hang, they would level up but if I initiated the hang out, I would need to do it a few times. Not so sure how it works anymore.

Saprol

Is there any benefit to using Public Execution? I unlocked it last night and tried it. Got Daisoujou for my Decarabia.
Four abilities unique to public fusions.

Soul Chain: earn 20sp on baton pass
Almighty Boost: almighty 25% up
Almighty Amp: almighty 50% up
Magic Ability: all magic 25% up

ramyeon

Ann didn't either as far as I recall. The non-party member confidants have all been disappointed so far though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm a little confused with how confidants work. Sometimes I level up when I hang out with them, other times I do not, and have to do it multiple times. Should I wait for certain times to hang out with them, or am I forced to do it multiple times? I thought if I responded to their calls to hang, they would level up but if I initiated the hang out, I would need to do it a few times. Not so sure how it works anymore.

Having a persona equiped of the same arcana raises their relationship more.

Certain dialogue options are deemed the correct one to give an those give more relationship points.

You see that musical note that pops up whenever you answer something that they like? You have to get enough of those to unlock the next rank. No, you have no idea how much you'll need but I suspect there is a unique sound went you reached the necessary points, same as with your social stats.

To speed up the process, if you have a persona on you with the respective arcana type (eg Lover or Priestess or Death etc) you'll gain more points in your interactions with that confidant

Guess Who

Banned

Reposting again:

Social links/confidants essentially work on a "point" system. You know how, when you say certain things when you hang out with them, 1-3 music notes will appear over their head? The number of music notes you see corresponds to "points", which is what gates the next rank. If you don't have enough points to get to the next rank, that's when you'll be told you don't feel like you'll get closer to them soon. Certain responses during their events will get you more points, having a Persona of the same arcana will get you more points, and sometimes story events in the main story will get you a few points as well. If you don't have enough points, you need to hang out with them to get more until you have enough for another rank up.

nOoblet16

Ann didn't either as far as I recall. The non-party member confidants have all been disappointed so far though.
Tae doesn't either, because she wasn't expecting their relationship to be more than friendship until MC explicitly makes it clear. Infact even after saying I love you for the first time she thinks you are just joking. Then when you make it clear again she says "oh you were being serious ? Well I guess I owe you a serious answer then", and by this point you can't friend zone her.

Hifumi's is the same, but once you tell her that you like her she becomes super submissive. Tae on the other hand retains her mature personality.

So its cool you can get persona with the map kill move

But why in the holy mother of fuck will the game not let me swap out for the new persona if my inventory is full?? Either let me swap it out or let me do the fight.

ramyeon

Tae doesn't either, because she doesn't even realise that their relationship can be something more than friendship until MC explicitly makes it clear. Infact even after saying I love you for the first time she thinks you are just joking.
If you reject her question from the start she kind of does. She says "I know how to take a hint." or something to that effect.

Zafir

Tae doesn't either, because she doesn't even realise that their relationship can be something more than friendship until MC explicitly makes it clear. Infact even after saying I love you for the first time she thinks you are just joking.

I don't think that's entirely true. She figures it might be the case, and pushes you for an answer. Course, she may not have expected the answer she got.
If you reject her question from the start she kind of does. She says "I know how to take a hint." or something to that effect.

Yup.

Jiraiza

Priestess, Rank 10!

Not bad. Feels kind of weird how little involvement Sae had in all of this, to be honest. Disappointed at the lack of involvement from other characters as well.

That said, I love the song that plays during the second awakening. I don't love the new new awakening forms though. Ugly as sin.

Zyrox

Managed to max out all my Slinks on my first playthrough without a guide. Yay. Time to breathe finally. I am at dungeon 7 right now and have a question:
do I still get free time post dungeon? Or does it skip to like christmas or something even though I would still have some days left?

Reposting again:

You see that musical note that pops up whenever you answer something that they like? You have to get enough of those to unlock the next rank. No, you have no idea how much you'll need but I suspect there is a unique sound went you reached the necessary points, same as with your social stats.

To speed up the process, if you have a persona on you with the respective arcana type (eg Lover or Priestess or Death etc) you'll gain more points in your interactions with that confidant

Having a persona equiped of the same arcana raises their relationship more.

Certain dialogue options are deemed the correct one to give an those give more relationship points.

Thanks! I wanted to look it up, but every guide was filled with spoilers, and I'm going in blind so I don't know any of the characters and prefer to keep it that way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks! I wanted to look it up, but every guide was filled with spoilers, and I'm going in blind so I don't know any of the characters and prefer to keep it that way.

Do note that some Confidants disregard that "always bring a Persona of matching arcana" rule, such as Sun and Moon.

Top Bottom