• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

MTC100

Banned
There is one thing that greatly annoys me about this game and it relates to Mementos and
Futaba's confidant

11/16 +

There are Mementos missions that have much more corrupt and evil people than those that have their own palaces.
Futaba's confidant
spoilers below

Futaba friend's parents who are exploiting an underage child in a sexual nature, forcing her to dress up sexually, photographing it, and then selling those pictures online. There are also hints that it might have even been even worse than that.

And then there's the
homeless assassin.

Surely these people are worse than Kamoshida? But they are in the collective palace?

They might be worse people but the degree of evil doesn't matter much. It's how strong their will is that determines if people have a palace or not, also the 6th or 4th palace isn't from someone that has a vile nature at all. One should also not make the mistake to think that the shadows represent the person perfectly, they represent the worst in a person with a corrupted twist added. So having a palace is only an indication of a very strong conviction, someone that is thinking on a grander scale than those without one in Mementos.

ChrisD

Oh yeah, also, you can't actually romance Futaba, right? Because I feel like that would be really creepy.. I'm going to take the friend route at the end regardless, but just the first two S-Links I've done with her have sort of solidified MC as a family member. Which is really as it should be. (I mean ain't she like, 15?)

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure about that. In my country, you don't need good grades to get a special scholarship, like an athlete or some sort. If his scholarship is in art, then maybe he doesn't necessarily need good grades. He only need to keep producing good paintings. But yeah he doesn't look like somone who's struggling with his studies though.

That's true, I guess it depends on whatever his scholarship entails, which he certainly achieved primarily through his artistic merits.

But stuff like this scene:
Despite being an Ice-type Persona user, he's proficient at handing out hardcore burns
Makes me think he probably gets good grades, in either case.

He comments on how everyone in his school is "special" so I'm guessing only talented people attend or something.

I don't remember this comment. That'd be interesting, considering him and Hifumi. Like Kosei High School would be a Hope's Peak Academy allegory.

Not saying Yusuke is dumb, I doubt he is, but I'm pretty sure he mentions at some point that his scholarship is related to his art more than anything else.

He comments on how everyone in his school is "special" so I'm guessing only talented people attend or something.
Super High School Level Artist.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh yeah, also, you can't actually romance Futaba, right? Because I feel like that would be really creepy.. I'm going to take the friend route at the end regardless, but just the first two S-Links I've done with her have sort of solidified MC as a family member. Which is really as it should be. (I mean ain't she like, 15?)

It's a Persona game. I'm sure you would be able to fuck your mother if they actually put her in the game.

daveo42

Banned
Palace 7:
Good grief this palace is massive. 3/5 letters gotten and while I like how they set everything up, it's still way too much a slog. I'll have to leave the rest of it for tomorrow. Also, nice shot of Akechi realizing he had been duped by the MC and crew.

Opa-Pa

"Oh look, it's Skadi! Nice!... Ah, that's ghastly wail! Not nice!!!"

I don't remember this comment. That'd be interesting, considering him and Hifumi. Like Kosei High School would be a Hope's Peak Academy allegory.

Yeah I think it was after his celebration. He talks about how he has never fit in with other people because he's weird and then talks about his classmates.

I'd look up the cutscene but I'm too afraid of Youtube suggesting spoilers.

Dragner

Yes, you can but her romance options end with you literally patting her head giving her a hug. Theres no sex or kisses at all, at least that I could get from the scene.
They took a more innocent route with her so is safe to do because her reactions to your proposal are hilarious

MTC100

Banned
Palace 7:
Good grief this palace is massive. 3/5 letters gotten and while I like how they set everything up, it's still way too much a slog. I'll have to leave the rest of it for tomorrow. Also, nice shot of Akechi realizing he had been duped by the MC and crew.

It's the worst palace in the game, design wise, it's only because of its existance that I can't give P5 a 10/10 even though it gets much better once you've finished it.

ChrisD

It's a Persona game. I'm sure you would be able to fuck your mother if they actually put her in the game.

Gross.
And gross example, but apt. :L

On a less creepy note, in my play session, she invited me to the movies to see "Back to the Ninja". I love the over-the-top maximum cheese with the Theaters.

Movie quotes paraphrased (cuz I have sucky memory) in the spoiler:
"Gah! My shoe seems to have become loose!"
*Thud from a thrown shoe*
"You'll never catch up unless you're moving at the speed of light. You'll never make it Back to the Future!"

Edit:
Yes, you can but her romance options end with you literally patting her head giving her a hug. Theres no sex or kisses at all, at least that I could get from the scene.
They took a more innocent route with her so is safe to do because her reactions to your proposal are hilarious

That is nice to hear. Maybe I'll save/load to watch it at least.

Frimaire

I mean, you're 16. It's better than dating
your teacher

MTC100

Banned
There is no sex in any of those scenes though, the best you can hope for with any romance option is
a kiss.
-though I haven't romanced anyone older than Makoto in my playthrough, perhaps the MC bangs the older ones xD

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It's a one year difference.

ChrisD

I mean, you're 16. It's better than dating
your teacher

You would probably anger a lot of folks by saying that in the Confidant thread rofl

Yeah, that S-Link is really off-putting to me. I've made my MC take all of the clean dialogue choices lol. No innuendo from his mouth, don't want to think about romancing her. That's sick.

It's a one year difference.

Maybe having a fifteen year old sister in the house makes me more sensitive to these things. Reading Dragner's post makes me pretty happy though. Sounds like they did good with it.

MTC100

Banned
You would probably anger a lot of folks by saying that in the Confidant thread rofl

Yeah, that S-Link is really off-putting to me. I've made my MC take all of the clean dialogue choices lol. No innuendo from his mouth, don't want to think about romancing her. That's sick.
If you consider it sick to pat a girls head and stitting a bit closer to her, yes, it's quite the sick romance xD

They actually handled that quite nicely -but of course, the black screen after the dialogue is left to one's imagination, if you are hentai then you will most likely think in a hentai way about what may or may not happen, if you're someone of a sane mind you'll know that there isn't much more going on than what was shown before.

Jiraiza

Only Yusuke x Futaba is allowed.

ChrisD

If you consider it sick to pat a girls head and stitting a bit closer to her, yes, it's quite the sick romance xD

I was talking about
your teacher
in the bit you quoted. :p

Unless you pat her head.
That's weird.

Only Yusuke x Futaba is allowed.

Their interactions are the best. The Lobster scene is hilarious. Especially Yusuke's dialogue.

Oh and the first meeting with the Power Rangers.
MY CHILDREN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Edited "pay her head" to "pat"
Freaking auto-correct

Dragner

There is no sex in any of those scenes though, the best you can hope for with any romance option is
a kiss.
-though I haven't romanced anyone older than Makoto in my playthrough, perhaps the MC bangs the older ones xD

I mean. If this was the 90s maybe. But is this era kids at 13-14 fuck like rabbits so I wouldnt be surprise if this happened, being the MC the sexual predator he is xD.

But yeah being literal sex is never actually named so is more or less open to personal interpretation but for me sex is more or less implied in
Death, Temperance(she was a sex worker after all) and Lovers (there was a conversation about how she more or less would let you sex her in the ferris wheel). I have yet to max devil but she would probably go for a ride too

Jiraiza

Their interactions are the best. The Lobster scene is hilarious. Especially Yusuke's dialogue.

Oh and the first meeting with the Power Rangers.
MY CHILDREN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

MzJgp7e.gif

No touchy the lobby.

I mean. If this was the 90s maybe. But is this era kids at 13-14 fuck like rabbits so I wouldnt be surprise if this happened, being the MC the sexual predator he is xD.

Yeah, this.

'The problem' is it's a Japanese culture (or Western in general). You don't date a girl only to pat her head or hug her.

Ulong

Not looking forward to what Futaba's character is going to be if they go the P4 route with spin off games that turn everyone into a terrible caricatures of themselves. Any of the cast for that matter, but I can already see in my head what the p5a version of Futaba would be like.

Kevinroc

About to start Palace 6. Kind of annoyed how
often the story driven events take away from my social links/stat boosting time.

Guess Who

Banned
Not looking forward to what Futaba's character is going to be if they go the P4 route with spin off games that turn everyone into a terrible caricatures of themselves. Any of the cast for that matter, but I can already see in my head what the p5a version of Futaba would be like.

quoth myself in OT1:

God, all this talk about spinoffs already has me dreading how badly these characters are going to get massacred.

P5 Futaba: (character and backstory spoilers)
[emotionally crippled child traumatized by her mother’s death and gaslit into believing its her own fault and that her mother never loved her, bounced around between foster homes and abused and neglected until she locks herself out from the world]

Inevitable P5 Arena Futaba: omg, what an epic KO! git gud kek

ShadyK54

Just finished the fourth palace at 65 hours.

Really liking the VO work on Futaba. I was expecting something more high pitched for some reason.

Also, Makoto continues being best girl. And is becoming MC's right hand man/woman? Maybe?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The fuck, Goro?! Who just walks up to somebody's table and takes their food without asking?
I loved this scene so much, it was so out of the blue, but not necessarily out of character.

"By the way, food tax! Haha!"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

She turns into DVa.

Jintor

Planetarium with Ann

"Whoa, this place is cool. Hey, do you think these seats will turn into rockets and we'll end up on the moon?"

I get that all these characters are tropes, but does she really have to be the dumb stereotypical blonde that's over sexualized in every interaction/story event? It's like the game has no regard for her back story and what her character has gone through.
One of the abilities you unlock with her is even called "sexy negation" for fuck sakes

You know she's taking about the planetarium 'experience' right

ChrisD

She turns into DVa.

plz no
One D.Va is enough

I'm afraid of spin-offs, because I came into P4G late and played all of them kind of right after the actual game (PQ came out shortly after my P4G play). The first one that releases for P5 will be much longer a wait than that, so I'll be hyped and stuff for more of these characters after a long time away from their game.. just to see them inevitably turn into poorly written shells of themselves.

TP

November spoilers

Oh my God, Crow's all out attack screen is amazing

Edit: This is too fabulous, if he's the person who sold us out i'm actually going to be upset

Ladekabel

Anyone else think the character portrait for the Temperance S-Link looks kind of... off. And I probably didn't want to know that you can have a romance with her. Ugh.

Roussow

In the sixth palace currently, the second section was a really cool gimmick -- I kind of wish they went further with it actually. I'm very curious to see the end off this palace though, for really fucking obvious reasons
although I'm baffled as to how we go back to Exams & Winter Break normality after how high the stakes have been raised going from what we know in the intro.

It's disappointing to hear the next palace apparently blows though, I'm sure it won't be game ruining or anything by any means, but palaces occasionally drag as is (I'm just not that into the battles as much as everything else in the game -- they're still really good though), hopefully everything outside of that palace holds up its end of the bargain.

P5A predictions:

Ryuji - incredibly loud and incredibly dumb
not that different from his actual characterization tbh
Ann - airhead x1000
Morgana - obsessed with getting with Ann
Yusuke - social obliviousness x1000. alternatively the joke about him being bad with money being his defining characteristic.
Futaba - dank memes
Haru - honestly the hardest one. maybe going too far with her
heroine of justice
thing?

Top Bottom