• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

How is that relevant in the end when for some social links you have to hang out with them multiple times before you can level up?

I don't get your complain because either you hang out with them now or your hang out with them down the road, you'll still spend the same amount of time.

The time you spend with them now means you don't have to spend that same time with them later when it unlocks.

Hmm...this might be tough.
I still have Yusuke at Rank 7, Futaba at Rank 8, and Haru at Rank 4.

Hopefully their availability times don't screw me over.

It's doable if you cheat. And by cheat I mean equip a respective persona with the same arcana, and look up guides on the best answers lol. Doing that I was able to only require a single visit each time to level up.

Opa-Pa

Sad to see that I'm making it to the end of palace 6. So far I'd say it's been perhaps as good as the 4th.

How is that relevant in the end when for some social links you have to hang out with them multiple times before you can level up?

No, you're right. Sojiro's icon should be greyed out until you make it past the point of the story where the rest of the SL unlocks.

I was lucky that I left it for later due to how slowly it leveled up and by the point I read about the lock in this thread I was already past there in the story.

Jiraiza

10/26:

No stops on this train. Akechi knows and now Sojiro saw the calling card. Also impressed Akechi awoke to his own Persona, too.

I want to keep going, but I must sleep for work tomorrow! Gah!

Zyrox

Dungeon 7 end:
Man it kind of bothered me how sympathetic everyone was towards Akechi. Dude's a mass murderer and was a complete arsewipe until the very end. He way crossed the line where he could've gotten Brownie points for a tragic backstory. During that whole final confrontation with him I wanted Joker to end him himself. But of course heroes can't get their hands dirty like that so asspull Akechi had to crawl out of the woodwork (love the scary, completely twisted face of cognition Akechi btw) to give Goro some pathetic attempt at redemption via heroic sacrifice. Eehhh that felt really unsatisfying. And then everyone was like "Nooo, Akechi-kun"...gimme a break. Dude deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

I don't get your complain because either you hang out with them now or your hang out with them down the road, you'll still spend the same amount of time.

The time you spend with them now means you don't have to spend that same time with them later when it unlocks.
Didn't know the last part. If that's true then I have no complaints.

I hate enemy's with attacks like Mudoon especially when they target the MC. That shit is sooo unfair.

That's why you get rid of them before they are able to cast them. If it's not possible, you might want to try using crowd controll spells like brainwash, confuse, forget, sleep, etc. That kind of enemies are usually weak to such spells.

Kyrios

Oh god, Akechi rubbed the wrong way from the start because he reminded me of someone unpleasant and I couldn't tell who.

But now I get it, it's fucking Komaeda from Danganronpa.

Cringe-GIF-Image-Download-9.gif

Character still gives me the willies.

Didn't know the last part. If that's true then I have no complaints.

Yeah what it is is that you can build up the bonding points required even though the next rank is locked for whatever reason.

I discover this with another confidant, I build up enough points to rank up but couldn't because of a social stat restrict. The icon would be grey out and no time is taken. Later when you clear the restriction you're free to just rank up.

I don't know what it is with Sojiro because I did his side story after the restriction but I imagine it's the same as the others

Pachinko

Well, I completed Palace 3 today !
14 days left before change of heart because I've already used 1 to meet up with the fortune teller and hang out with Takemi ... I want that level 7 perk ... I've seen people mention that the 100K yen is 100% worth it for the fortune tellers doohicky and I've haven't bought any books in Shinjuku yet , I also still haven't found the time to meet up with the politician yet ... I've heard Temperance becomes available soon too and I've got a single mark in Mementos to deal with still ... need to buy plant food and maybe work at plant store still too. Should be pretty easy to kill time off with all that to look at. I mean I even feel obligated to hang out with Yusuke because I don't even have a baton pass with him yet ... or Makoto for that matter.... AND I'm apparently supposed to buy a newspaper with Mishima's interview... I'm still sitting at level 2 for every stat except proficiency which just hit 3 so I'm hoping knowledge at least , isn't far behind.

35 hours in now roughly and still enjoying this whole affair quite a bit.

TuXx

Planetarium with Ann

"Whoa, this place is cool. Hey, do you think these seats will turn into rockets and we'll end up on the moon?"

I get that all these characters are tropes, but does she really have to be the dumb stereotypical blonde that's over sexualized in every interaction/story event? It's like the game has no regard for her back story and what her character has gone through.
One of the abilities you unlock with her is even called "sexy negation" for fuck sakes

Planetarium with Ann

"Whoa, this place is cool. Hey, do you think these seats will turn into rockets and we'll end up on the moon?"

I get that all these characters are tropes, but does she really have to be the dumb stereotypical blonde that's over sexualized in every interaction/story event? It's like the game has no regard for her back story and what her character has gone through.
One of the abilities you unlock with her is even called "sexy negation" for fuck sakes

Yes, she's over-sexualized throughout the game. From her costume, her pose, her animated scenes, everything.

But this is a Japanese product so I wouldn't complain and just shrug it off most of the time.

Am I supposed to never have to pay late fees on dvd's?

Yes, you don't pay for late fees.

FluxWaveZ

Planetarium with Ann

I mean, her persona is Carmen. That's pretty much it right there.

That and she's clearly supposed to be the Fujiko Mine (in training) of the Phantom Thief team.

Edit: Oh, and like is being said below, it was clearly her joking out loud about a fantasy she has.

Yeah what it is is that you can build up the bonding points required even though the next rank is locked for whatever reason.

I discover this with another confidant, I build up enough points to rank up but couldn't because of a social stat restrict. The icon would be grey out and no time is taken. Later when you clear the restriction you're free to just rank up.

I don't know what it is with Sojiro because I did his side story after the restriction but I imagine it's the same as the others
Wow. Is this a major change from P3/4? Because I don't remember Affection Points stacking in those games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Planetarium with Ann

I took that line more as a jokey thing, honestly.

Like you've never seen someone trying to be goofy?

Guess Who

Banned
Planetarium with Ann

I think you are taking a throwaway joke line way too seriously.

I should point out that Japan don't have the stereotype that blondes are dumb, that's a western thing.

Their stereotype is that blondes are all refine and high class people with last names like 'Windsor'

ramyeon

Planetarium with Ann

I get that all these characters are tropes, but does she really have to be the dumb stereotypical blonde that's over sexualized in every interaction/story event?
I don't think she was being serious, man.

I just noticed Ryuji wears a Masquerade shirt with his Seven Sisters uniform!

3yDSTAN.png

It would've been nice if he had Mark's Kyouji shirt with the St. Hermelin uniform.

I should point out that Japan don't have the stereotype that blondes are dumb, that's a western thing.

Their stereotype is that blondes are all refine and high class people with last names like 'Winsdor'

Maybe the stereotype has actually reached Japan?

I mean, she's indeed dumb (relate to exams topic).

Beant

Point of no return:
By the end of that Mission. So this last remaining 22 days are for cleaning up all your social stuff
spoiler is question about end game timing

Is the last day to get any S-Links 12/17?

Edit: and does anyone know what days yusuke is available to hang out?

PK Gaming

Planetarium with Ann

I think you're reading to much into it that one line; it's basically just small talk. Also, no regard for her backstory? Dude, Ann loves being sexy. Her confidant goes into how she admired the sexy villains characters on TV who never gave up when she was younger, which is pretty much why her Phantom Thief outfit looks the way it does. Not saying all of the sexualization is justified, but I don't think they had no regard for backstory.

Is she though? Or is she just an average student with Makoto and Joker being the abnormal ones?

She's also the only one other than Yusuke to 'get' artsy stuff.

There's at least a couple of scenes when they mention that Ann is only good at
English.
And Makoto isn't just an average student, she's pretty bright and later it's mentioned that
she can choose any college she wants.

FluxWaveZ

Also, it's implied that Yusuke is relatively smart academically. He probably actually needs to be, in order to
maintain his scholarship.

There's at least a couple of scenes when they mention that Ann is only good at
English.
And Makoto isn't just an average student, she's pretty bright and later it's mentioned that
she can choose any college she wants.

That's what I mean, Makoto and Joker are the 'abnormal' ones for being smart lol.

At best you can say Ann's not book smart, but even with that it didn't sound like she was having as much problems with her exams on average but I digress.

FluxWaveZ

That's what I mean, Makoto and Joker are the 'abnormal' ones for being smart lol.

At best you can say Ann's not book smart, but even with that it didn't sound like she was having as much problems with her exams on average but I digress.

Joker can go either way, really.

But isn't it weird that you're ignoring Futaba, for how actually abnormally smart she is? She's the smartest of them all.

Nimby

Banned
So just beat Palace 7:
Ryuji saves everyone, and almost dies doing it. But nah lets just beat him up and eat food without him. Kinda ruined that scene for me, everyone should've hugged or something.

FluxWaveZ

So just beat Palace 7:
Ryuji saves everyone, and almost dies doing it. But nah lets just beat him up and eat food without him. Kinda ruined that scene for me, everyone should've hugged or something.

One of the scenes that suffers the most from typical anime trope crap. Really should have gone down differently, even if the punchline was to remain the same.

Guess Who

Banned
So just beat Palace 7:

Stuff like this is why Ryuji is my son and I will defend him no matter how much shit he gets.

ChrisD

Ended the night earlier getting
Death
to Rank 10, and bought two Homonculus's.

WHERE YOU AT NOW, HAMA/MUDO?
HUH?
BRING IT ON, PUNKS

Opa-Pa

Not saying Yusuke is dumb, I doubt he is, but I'm pretty sure he mentions at some point that his scholarship is related to his art more than anything else.

He comments on how everyone in his school is "special" so I'm guessing only talented people attend or something.

TuXx

Yes, she's over-sexualized throughout the game. From her costume, her pose, her animated scenes, everything.

I sort of expected that coming into a JRPG,
but scenes where Protag and Ryuji joke around telling Ann to strip makes me extremely uncomfortable especially after what she's gone through.
I don't know how Atlus could've not seen this when they were writing this out.

I honestly would've preferred if they nerfed Ann and kept Hifumi as a main party member.

Also, it's implied that Yusuke is relatively smart academically. He probably actually needs to be, in order to
maintain his scholarship.

I'm not sure about that. In my country, you don't need good grades to get a special scholarship, like an athlete or some sort. If his scholarship is in art, then maybe he doesn't necessarily need good grades. He only need to keep producing good paintings. But yeah he doesn't look like somone who's struggling with his studies though.

Ann's not a great student, but I wouldn't say she's dumb. She's just not much of a studier, which i'm down with. Persona has too many nerds as is lol.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think there's a scene in July
when Ann said that her result is pretty bad (like Ryuji).
But yeah, at least she's not against studying. She's just a bit struggling with the subjects.

I sort of expected that coming into a JRPG,
but scenes where Protag and Ryuji joke around telling Ann to strip makes me extremely uncomfortable especially after what she's gone through.
I don't know how Atlus could've not seen this when they were writing this out.

I honestly would've preferred if they nerfed Ann and kept Hifumi as a main party member.

Yes, there are actual sexual harassments sometime later in the story, even. Not only coming from MC and Ryuji, but also even from Morgana and Yusuke. And the game doesn't trying to hide them at all.

Top Bottom