• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ChrisD

P5A predictions:

Ryuji - incredibly loud and incredibly dumb
not that different from his actual characterization tbh
Ann - airhead x1000
Morgana - obsessed with getting with Ann
Yusuke - social obliviousness x1000. alternatively the joke about him being bad with money being his defining characteristic.
Futaba - dank memes
Haru - honestly the hardest one. maybe going too far with her
heroine of justice
thing?

If it's not what you mention, I kind of feel like Haru could also just be super super ditzy like when you first meet her
in the Metaverse.
That or she'll only speak in total formal all the time.

Opa-Pa

P5A predictions:

Ryuji - incredibly loud and incredibly dumb
not that different from his actual characterization tbh
Ann - airhead x1000
Morgana - obsessed with getting with Ann
Yusuke - social obliviousness x1000. alternatively the joke about him being bad with money being his defining characteristic.
Futaba - dank memes
heroine of justice
thing?

Yusuke also never shuts up about porridge, despite only talking about it once in the entire game.

smashism

Ugh, went out and bought a used ps3 and persona 5 a few days ago. Went to turn it on just now and it makes a loud clicking sound. Discs go in n out, but it wont load the games on the UI. Seems like a gear is out of wack or something.

:( so sad. I was looking forward to finishing the first dungeon. Knowing I'll have to start over is disheartening

ChrisD

Ugh, went out and bought a used ps3 and persona 5 a few days ago. Went to turn it on just now and it makes a loud clicking sound. Discs go in n out, but it wont load the games on the UI. Seems like a gear is out of wack or something.

:( so sad. I was looking forward to finishing the first dungeon. Knowing I'll have to start over is disheartening

Oh no. =(

Can you PS+ Cloud save?

heroine of justice
thing?

Maybe it's because I didn't do her S-Link, but Haru was very bland as a character. She's got this cutesy vibe going for her and nothing else. Though in P5A, she'd be
the rich out of touch girl. Basically Mitsuru 2.0 with less charisma.

If it's not what you mention, I kind of feel like Haru could also just be super super ditzy like when you first meet her
in the Metaverse.
That or she'll only speak in total formal all the time.

That's a good one. She'll just be super naive and nice.

edit: ^ that's also a good one

Okay, now I'm actually at the end.
Jesus Christ what the fuck just happened. I've never played SMT before but I know what it looks like, and it looks like we jumped off the happy Japanese hipster style of P5 straight into like some SMT Nocturne shit. It's literally hell on Earth and Igor's actually a dick, but don't worry it's not Igor who had a different VO the entire time (guessing that his voice would have been a tipoff if I'd played the other games). And Caroline and Justine did the fusion dance into final form tiny waifu Lavenza. And now we have to go smack down a god in the middle of hell Shibuya. This shit is nuts.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Finished the game today. Thankfully the story picked up again for me, but I still feel like the game's a little too long for its own good. My end time was very close to 100 hours, which is much longer than either P3 or P4 were.

Jintor

Jesus Christ what the fuck just happened. I've never played SMT before but I know what it looks like, and it looks like we jumped off the happy Japanese hipster style of P5 straight into like some SMT Nocturne shit. It's literally hell on Earth and Igor's actually a dick, but don't worry it's not Igor who had a different VO the entire time (guessing that his voice would have been a tipoff if I'd played the other games). And Caroline and Justine did the fusion dance into final form tiny waifu Lavenza. And now we have to go smack down a god in the middle of hell Shibuya. This shit is nuts.

Acid jazz!

Sorian

Banned

End game spoilers, before last boss though
its actually clever, we all knew that Igor's voice was different because his Japanese VA passed away and they said they were going to change the English VA to match the new jp one, made the swerve hit hard for anyone who follows background info like that

MTC100

Banned

It was quite nice to see the world this way in HD-3D though. It's also a nice reminder that you're actually playing an SMT game :)

Oh my god I'm still playing but I needed to post because this game is fucking amazing and I might start tearing up rn

12/24 SPOILERS!!
Getting my teammates back rn in the velvet room and it's the greatest scene in all of the Persona games I've played. Having to individually go to each one and reignite their will to fight is just SO GOOD. The music and the dialogue and everything!! I've put 90 hours into this game so far and this is the perfect culmination of all the time spent with these characters

^That reminds me- is this the first time in the series that (spoiler 24-Dec)
people other than the protagonist have entered the velvet room? Hell, is this the first time that the velvet room and its inhabitants play such a major direct role in the story?

Dee Dee

I just recruited Yusuke.

How many times has this image been posted yet in this thread?

INWlXeF.png

MTC100

Banned
End game spoilers, before last boss though
its actually clever, we all knew that Igor's voice was different because his Japanese VA passed away and they said they were going to change the English VA to match the new jp one, made the swerve hit hard for anyone who follows background info like that

I agree it's a nice touch, I was also thinking
Igor
acted a bit weird/evil aside from his VA, same goes with
Justine and Caroline
something about them seemed off, they were a bit on the hostile side, which was strange but fitted the theme so I thought it was just a design choice.

Someone mentioned that
Igors voice
had something to do with the plot too but I've forgotten about this until the truth was revealed. It's a nice twist for sure they used
the death of the old Japanese VA of Igor
to trick us.

people other than the protagonist have entered the velvet room? Hell, is this the first time that the velvet room and its inhabitants play such a major direct role in the story?
I haven't played 1/2 but that was definitely the case with 3 and 4. I love that
it was finally integrated into the story more!

Edit: guess I was wrong about 3, it's been a long time

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Maybe it's because I didn't do her S-Link, but Haru was very bland as a character. She's got this cutesy vibe going for her and nothing else. Though in P5A, she'd be
the rich out of touch girl. Basically Mitsuru 2.0 with less charisma.

In the end-game she has 100000x times plot relevance than Ann or Ryuji, hahaha.

Especially Ryuji.

Persona
3 folks entered it, though without the protagonist.

Jintor

by the way it kind of gets overshadowed by everything else that happens at the school festival but (10/25 i think?)
getting to mess with Makoto by embarassing her publically to save her was dope

Burning Justice

the superior princess

*Persona 3 FES spoilers*

It's been a while since I played it, but IIRC the entire party enters the Velvet Room towards the end of The Answer in Persona 3 FES.

by the way it kind of gets overshadowed by everything else that happens at the school festival but (10/25 i think?)
getting to mess with Makoto by embarassing her publically to save her was dope

I only had Haru as an option for some reason but it was still good.

nOoblet16

Oh my god I'm still playing but I needed to post because this game is fucking amazing and I might start tearing up rn

12/24 SPOILERS!!
Getting my teammates back rn in the velvet room and it's the greatest scene in all of the Persona games I've played. Having to individually go to each one and reignite their will to fight is just SO GOOD. The music and the dialogue and everything!! I've put 90 hours into this game so far and this is the perfect culmination of all the time spent with these characters
The only disappointment is that those dialogues in velvet room are not voiced except for the last sentence.

In the end-game she has 100000x times plot relevance than Ann or Ryuji, hahaha.

Especially Ryuji.

Persona 3 folks entered it, though without the protagonist.

*Persona 3 FES spoilers*

It's been a while since I played it, but IIRC the entire party enters the Velvet Room towards the end of The Answer in Persona 3 FES.

I see, I've only played P3P so I know next to nothing about FES other than Aegis's role

haru is always available to hang out with but other ones only unlock if you're dating peeps at that point

Ah that explains it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well,
Akechi straight up murdered her father so her fight against him and Shido is incredibly personal by then.

Meanwhile, once
Kamoshida is dealt with
, in terms of plot relevance Ann and Ryuji don't seem to have much of a personal stake in the whole story, in my opinion.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, Yusuke too, I suppose?

I don't seem to recall P4 and P3 had this problem, however. Especially in P3, they did a good job on tying up all party members' relevance to the overall plot even in end-game, except (maybe?) the dog, lol.

Jintor

I like that Yusuke remains
hung up on his feelings about Madarame throughout. Obviously Ann and Ryuuji have no compunctions about kicking Kamoshida to the curb, because fuck that guy, but Yusuke's link is in some ways more interesting.

Fuck that yakuza dumbass though. He had cool animations as a fly i guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just made a eternal lockpick. Is that it, it never breaks? I just need the one? Should I make other stuff now to gain proficiency?

Zaru

When the confidant with
Sae
formed, I was expecting
a flash-forward within the flash-forward
The game has conditioned me.

Chaos17

All Persona end up like that
there is always a god who is responsible for all the problem. P3 is kinda sad on that part.

I like that Yusuke remains
hung up on his feelings about Madarame throughout. Obviously Ann and Ryuuji have no compunctions about kicking Kamoshida to the curb, because fuck that guy, but Yusuke's link is in some ways more interesting.
Haru is similar.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Persona 4/5's
version of god is puny compared to Persona 3's Nyx
. Heck,
Nyx is such a force that the only protagonist given the Universe arcana is
P3's.

nOoblet16

I don't expect everyone to have some sort of plot relevance/connection till the end. That just makes the connections seem incredibly artificial and too coincidental when everyone joins the party for personal reasons but all of them also end up finding out they have a connection to the main plot. (End game Spoiler)
The MC getting shit on by Shido and then bumping into him at the restaurant, who then turns out to be the main perpetrator. Along with the MC bumping into Sae and Goro every now and then in daily life and in the very cafe he lives at, despite one being a high level officer and other being a celebrity, is already approaching too close to it being too coincidental with the "destined by fate" crap. Then there is the fact that Futaba's mother did the metaverse research who was killed by the same person who fucked MC over, and it just so happens that Futaba is under care of the same person who has taken in the MC.

It's true that Haru has more plot relevance near the end but it's not like Ann and Ryuji didn't have plot relevance during dungeon 1, Haru didn't have any plot relevance then because she wasn't even there. Basically Haru is getting the plot relevance that Ann and Ryuji had already received.

Jintor

All Persona end up like that
there is always a god who is responsible for all the problem. P3 is kinda sad on that part.

Haru is similar.

i need to do her slink more :(

I don't expect everyone to have some sort of plot relevance/connection till the end. That just makes the connections seem incredibly artificial and too coincidental. (End game Spoiler)
The MC getting shit on by Shido and then bumping into him at the restaurant, who then turns out to be the main perpetrator. Along with the MC bumping into Sae and Goro every now and then in daily life and in the very cafe he lives at, despite one being a high level officer and other being a celebrity, is already approaching too close to it being too coincidentsl with the "destined by fate" crap. It's true that Haru has more plot relevance near the end but it's not like Ann and Ryuji didn't have plot relevance during dungeon 1, Haru didn't have any plot relevance then because she wasn't even there. Basically Haru is getting the plot relevance that Ann and Ryuji had already received.

spoils
I think Sojiro comments that the coincidinc of him taking MC in while Futaba's mum was working on psycho research (hell Sojiro never even really says what he did before besides 'government' work) is way too suspicious. Also I'm pretty sure Goro is there because he's keeping an eye on the situation, he's probably already worked out by like June or July what's what.

Though I'm pretty sure he keeps it from Shido

Chaos17

Persona 4/5's
. Heck,
P3's.

I never expected him to sacrifice himself forever Q.Q But yeah it was no joke, it was alread doing damages in the real world.

is it possible to form (11/24)
new social links after you hit 'the now'
?
Shido is the last palace where the game will ever give you free time, after that be prepared to be stuck in story then dungeon, the game won't let you off for 15-hours, lol

Persona 4/5's
. Heck,
P3's.

best god is P2's god, just a big troll who enjoy trolling humans! he's amazing, and i love his smug face

nyar-aki.jpg

but yeah p3 is really cool too

nOoblet16

When the confidant with
Sae
formed, I was expecting
a flash-forward within the flash-forward
The game has conditioned me.
"You must have learned about interrogations somewhere, someone must have taught you or shown you how to do it. Who was it ??? Answer me damnit"

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't expect everyone to have some sort of plot relevance/connection till the end. That just makes the connections seem incredibly artificial and too coincidental when everyone joins the party for personal reasons but all of them also end up finding out they have a connection to the main plot. (End game Spoiler)
The MC getting shit on by Shido and then bumping into him at the restaurant, who then turns out to be the main perpetrator. Along with the MC bumping into Sae and Goro every now and then in daily life and in the very cafe he lives at, despite one being a high level officer and other being a celebrity, is already approaching too close to it being too coincidentsl with the "destined by fate" crap. It's true that Haru has more plot relevance near the end but it's not like Ann and Ryuji didn't have plot relevance during dungeon 1, Haru didn't have any plot relevance then because she wasn't even there. Basically Haru is getting the plot relevance that Ann and Ryuji had already received.

That the MC is dragging all other people around him to be involved in his "fated destiny" is a theme that goes back to P3 and P4 too.

Top Bottom