• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

If we're going with slinks, both Ryuji and Ann also deals with the aftermath of the first palace in their own way like
Ryuji finding closure with his former Track teammates and Ann dealing with Shio's rehabilitation

Chaos17

best god is P2's god, just a big troll who enjoy trolling humans! he's amazing, and love his shit-eating grin :

but yeah p3 is really cool too

I need to play the duology of P2!

If we're going with slinks, both Ryuji and Ann also deals with the aftermath of the first palace in their own way like
Ryuji finding closure with his former Track teammates and Ann dealing with Shio's rehabilitation

Ryugi S-link was nice but Ann end up... kinda... meh
in the end of her S-link, she is caught up in a stupid rivalry with another model. I was like where "was again your cool determination to be a strong woman and inspire your riend ?" That's why I didn't romanced her... Same for Makoto, her story with Eiko was so... unisteresting

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Also his final persona is literally
jesus.

And
Nyx was like
, nah fam that aint' enough, not even a scratch on me, lol.

I never expected him to sacrifice himself forever Q.Q But yeah it was no joke, it was alread doing damages in the real world.

best god is P2's god, just a big troll who enjoy trolling humans! he's amazing, and love his shit-eating grin :

nyar-aki.jpg

but yeah p3 is really cool too

Considering that P3-P4-P5 all shared the same world, if you think about it,
that means Nyx is still hanging out up there somewhere, only blocked by P3's protagonist
. It's sad that outside small references they don't make use of this plot point further.

graywolf323

When the confidant with
Sae
formed, I was expecting
a flash-forward within the flash-forward
The game has conditioned me.

Sae: You must have had someone with law enforcement knowledge helping you. Tell me who it was! PC: It was you Sae. Sae: *mind blown*
:p

nOoblet16

That the MC is dragging all other people around him to be involved in his "fated destiny" is a theme that goes back to P3 and P4 too.
Yes ofcourse, but it's more than enough. And as such I don't expect it want every other character to have plot relevance throughout the game. Just "we started off with personal stuff but now we are too deep into this shit to back out" is enough.

Changing the topic slightly, would you guys like to see social stats being integrated into the dungeon crawling side of things as well, like the way slinks are now?

Like with more guts you can get away with demanding more things from shadows? Or vice versa, showing mercy to shadows grants you small points in Kindness etc?

Because as it is right now, social stats are just progress checkpoints.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes ofcourse, but it's more than enough. And as such I don't expect it want every other character to have plot relevance throughout the game. Just "we started off with personal stuff but now we are too deep into this shit to back out" is enough.

Yea of course it's fine.

It's just I think P4 and P3 did a much better job to make all their characters to have a much bigger personal stake even at end-game compared to P5.

Changing the topic slightly, would you guys like to see social stats being integrated into the dungeon crawling side of things as well, like the way slinks are now?

Like with more guts you can get away with demanding more things from shadows? Or vice versa, showing mercy to shadows grants you small points in Kindness etc?

Because as it is right now, social stats are just progress checkpoints.

That would be nice.

Though the very first thing that I want them to "fix" is to integrate Social Links better with the main story or how the characters interact, because they can really be immersion breaking, especially in terms of romances and such.

P4G already made strides with that, unfortunately they then regressed back in P5.

Chaos17

Considering that P3-P4-P5 all shared the same world, if you think about it,
that means Nyx is still hanging out up there somewhere, only blocked by P3's protagonist
. It's sad that outside small references they don't make use of this plot point further.

Personally, I'm sad that we don't have cameos since it's the same world. Ex-heroes coming to be an operator or take role like Morgana would be so cool.

Personally, I'm sad that we don't have cameos since it's the same world. Ex-heroes coming to be an operator or take role like Morgana would be so cool.

Well, at the very least they could've had Naoto or Mitsuru show up given how they would figure out there's supernatural activity with personas going on. Mitsuru's crew especially.

Jintor

the main thing I want is for s-links to affect each other, or to have more stuff where you have group hangouts or just peeps hanging out without you. The summer vacation run-ins are interesting, but I really liked stuff like in Golden where you randomly run into Yukiko and Kanji at the supermarket just hanging out discussing hair products or the girls all discussing what kind of chocolate to buy for Valentine's day.

Also the cameo stuff is interesting because everyone clearly is around and active - there's constant news reports on all kinds of past people (even freaking
Namatame
gets a shoutout!)

Well, at the very least they could've had Naoto or Mitsuru show up given how they would figure out there's supernatural activity with personas going on. Mitsuru's crew especially.

Please look forward to "Persona 5 Arena: Mega Ultimate Surplex hold

Jintor

also one of the things i liked in p4u was that SEES was all like young adults and P4 cast were still high schoolers, so there was that age gap. In the inevitable Persona 5 Dancing all Q Ultimax we will have 3 generations of weirdos where one group will ask the other two why they're not shooting themselves in the head, another group where blood pours out of their face as they rip away their masks, and a third happy go lucky dance prep card crusher group.

it will be excellent but the writing will be shit.

Jintor

That reminds me, I really liked 12/25
the way rank 10 s-links were integrated into the finale at multiple points throughout, particularly the canvassing to help overturn your sentence which really made it feel like they were all actively helping you

it was really sweet.

Rise would hang out with Ann discussing fashion
Chie would talk martial arts movies with Makoto
Yukiko would discuss art with Yusuke
Haru would follow Mitsuru around with respect
Futaba would fan girl over Yukari as a sentei fan
Teddie and Morgana would fight with each other

nOoblet16

Stuff I don't like:

1) When you ask for money or item from a persona in your compendium but not in your inventory that persona asks you if you'd like to talk (which is the first option and the cursor is over it by default), and talking would mean you start the process of capturing it again. Why? If I am selecting "Give me money" or "I want an item" then that already means I decided to not choose "Lend me your powers". Why then put this option inside the other two and make it the default first choice ?

2) The game needs bars. I know fortune reading and having a persona of same arcana helps but so far I have not come across a single situation where if I go to a character and it says "I don't think my bond will grow stronger" and then I do a fortune reading + add a matching persona to my inventory it turns into "I think my bond will grow stronger". What this means is that I level up on second visit, which I would have anyways even if I didn't have the persona and the fortune reading. There is some stuff going behind the scenes and I'd like to see it. This is also annoying because sometimes you can't level up because the confidant is time hated but instead of giving you a reason the game just tells you "I don't think my bond will grow stronger" making you believe that maybe you still need to spend time with them. It's surprising because with another time gated confidant i.e. Chariot the game specifically tells you to wait and doesn't let you waste time hanging out.

3) Hiding special boss in NG+ endgame and not being able to use the reward until NG++...just why?

4) Your relationships should be acknowledged by others. Even if you date someone in your party, no one really comments on it. They even go as far as assuming you are single.

nOoblet16

No one cares about Yosoke or Ryuji...lol

Jintor

like what it strikes me is p5 is a refinement of p3 and p4 and that's great because it's a killer refinement, but i think the next game they need to go for an out and out overhaul.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
the way rank 10 s-links were integrated into the finale at multiple points throughout, particularly the canvassing to help overturn your sentence which really made it feel like they were all actively helping you

it was really sweet.

Though the tower arcana's one is hilariously dumb.
Yo, see this top scorer on this game? I really want to play him, so let's try to free him.
Like, get the fuck outta here kid.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait really?

I thought p5 did it much better than 4, especially with the confidants.

I meant the main party members. In P3 it seemed like everyone have a very good reason to still be relevant even in end-game plot; Junpei, Yukari, Mitsuru, even Ken (I guess Fuuka probably not really), likewise in P4. In P5 it seemed to me that once their own isolated incident has been resolved, characters like Ann, Ryuji, and even Yusuke are only there for reactions, haha.

4) Your relationships should be acknowledged by others. Even if you date someone in your party, no one really comments on it. They even go as far as assuming you are single.

What's worse, the ones assuming you are single can sometimes be the very person you are supposedly dating! Lol.

That is why if at some future playthrough I decide to romance Ann, I wouldn't progress her Confidant to 9 before
the Hawaii trip
, otherwise it'll just be way too jarring.

And Naoto would have had their identities after Kamoshida's calling card.

Antiwhippy

I meant the main party members. In P3 it seemed like everyone have a very good reason to still be relevant even in end-game plot; Junpei, Yukari, Mitsuru, even Ken (I guess Fuuka probably not really), likewise in P4. In P5 it seemed to me that once their own isolated incident has been resolved, characters like Ann, Ryuji, and even Yusuke are only there for reactions, haha.

I mean they're there the same reason the cast of p4 is there. They've formed a bond as a group.

AND ACTUALLY
they had even more reason than the gang at p4 because cognition caused them to disappear when the metaverse merges because the public willfully are trying to forget the Phantom thieves out of existence, and it is only you getting them from the velvet room and reminding them why they rebeled in the first place that they managed to get back.

it was really sweet.
Mishima's was depressing and I loved it. He's out there trying to give papers to people and get them to pay attention and they were ignoring him. Then that "He's my best friend." line. My heart grew three sizes that day.
I mean they're there the same reason the cast of p4 is there. They've formed a bond as a group.

AND ACTUALLY
they had even more reason than the gang at p4 because cognition caused them to disappear when the metaverse merges because the public willfully are trying to forget the Phantom thieves out of existence, and it is only you getting them from the velvet room and reminding them why they rebeled in the first place that they managed to get back.
Yeah they had every reason to be there at end game because 'god' tried to have their existence wiped out. If that isn't a reason to be part of the group fighting at endgame I don't know what is. Not to mention other things they did in the story tied their fates together even if they themselves didn't know it till later.

Chaos17

We need this \o/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really liked the idea for the 5th palace boss.

Anyway thats 5 down, dat feeling that the end is comming sooner rather than later :(

Edit: oh shit!

Taruranto

P3 is the only one (not counting P1-2 for obvious reasons) in which I felt characters had personal stakes in the plot until the end. Everyone that wasn't Yosuke or Teddy felt like a "plus" in P4.

P5 so far fares a lot better, even if characters still suffer because most character development is hidden behind S.Link.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

AND ACTUALLY

Well the P4's group was all tied down much more personally to what happened in their end-game events b
ecause all of it happened basically on their hometown, not to mention Nanako was also involved directly in harm's way due to Namatame's actions.
, while I feel like some members of the P5 group are like there simply because their friends are also there, is one way I would describe it.

Annyways, I didn't expect to have such a long convo about this, hahaha.

Chaos17

I like how we conveniently forgot yosuke and ryuji. :p

Nanako and Dojima too!
I can picture Dojima at the café with Sojiro sharing father stories haha.

Nanako would probably go with Teddy and Morgana.
Kanji+Akihito+Ryugi will hangout at the gym
Yosuke... let him stay with the hero of P4 xD

Jintor

by the way in every anime cutscene it is totally dope how
makoto is totally big sis-ing futaba almost all the time

it is adorable they truely are best girls

Antiwhippy

Well the P4's group was all tied down much more personally to what happened in their end-game events b
ecause all of it happened basically on their hometown, not to mention Nanako was also involved directly in harm's way due to Namatame's actions.
, while I feel like some members of the P5 group are like there simply because their friends are also there, is one way I would describe it.

Annyways, I didn't expect to have such a long convo about this, hahaha.

I mean,
getting setup by shido from the 5th palace on is pretty personal if you ask me.

Antiwhippy

Actually yeah, thinking back on it they actually did a pretty good job setting the final confrontation, better than p4's
Are you sure you've uncovered everything? Inzanami twist

People also forget that they are your friends- they would get pissed when they find out someone fucked over your entire life the same way you would get pissed for them

That sounds pretty personal to me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
End of palace 5, and the intro is starting to make a lot more sense now, clearly they will be accused of straight up
killing these fools and thats why they are so wanted.

Well that and the corrupt governemnt dudes behind it and with their own metaverse agent (which im assuming its Sae)

Top Bottom