• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Huh, not really. The last boss theme was pretty average. Only
the very last battle theme that was ended pretty quick that was dope.
I still prefer Blooming Villain overall.
Gotta say I think
Rivers in the Desert is the best of the 'last boss' themes I heard. It had that dramatic heft behind it that I expect out of a final boss theme.

silva1991

How does a "hostage situation" occur? I never got one throughout my whole playthrough so I don't have the trophy.

It happened to me around the end of the game after a shadow hit Yosuke with ice attack. I assume the enemy needs to knock down one of the party members and then you hope for a good RNG.

Zafir

Mondays and Thursdays.

And raining does not guarantee 3 points charm. Sometimes you're unlucky and end up with 1 guts instead.

Yeah but that's quite rare. I think I used the bathhouse in the rain about 7 or 8 times and only got the guts one once.

You might be able to get around that through save scumming I guess. I didn't try it myself though. Depends when they calculate the rng I guess.
It happened to me around the end of the game after a shadow hit Yosuke with ice attack. I assume the enemy needs to knock down one of the party members and then you hope for a good RNG.
Yeah. Your party member has to be knocked down and sometimes they'll take them hostage.

Dragner

Hmm takemi and makoto both blocked by charm, yusuke blocked by proficiency.

I think Makoto needs charm at 5 too ugh.

Guaranteed place for 3 charm points?

Devil social link gives 3 and bath on mondays/thursdays on enhance it any other day via fortune SL.

Jintor

pretty sure you have to be knocked down while surrounded and even then it's a coinflip.

it happened all the time in my jpn version tho weirdly enough

Zafir

I think I got it in dungeon 4 or 5. Which was still pretty damn late for a tutorial to happen.

It's just pure luck since there's only a small chance of it happening after a knockdown.

I am absolutely loving this game, but I want to shoot myself in the face whenever this god damn cat tells me to go to sleep.

C8yIimQUIAAMYgk.jpg

I think stuff like this could be avoided when you give a save prompt.

The frustrating thing is that so many days it just skips to the next day or has a little cut scene and then skips days. Why the fuck send me back to La Blanque just to have me walk up the stairs and go to sleep. Fuck off Morgana!

Thud

The frustrating thing is that so many days it just skips to the next day or has a little cut scene and then skips days. Why the fuck send me back to La Blanque just to have me walk up the stairs and go to sleep. Fuck off Morgana!

They cut the story in fragments and between those fragments you can take a break by saving.

Got to the 4th dungeon, really surprised me.

Spoilers from 7/24:

The events on this day are amazing lol. Laughed a lot during the scenes on Sojiro's house.

Best part: https://image.ibb.co/jvTTWQ/My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2017_04_18_23_53_01.png

I'm glad you got a screen of that moment. It went by way too quick!
They cut the story in fragments and between those fragments you can take a break by saving.

Yeah, the whole go-to-bed thing that happens is, I imagine, a chance for players to save if they want. Rather than having 30 minutes to an hour of linear sequences with no break.

Is that supposed to be the only time? Because I was in the second palace and anytime I left there I couldn't make damn lockpicks and was getting furious. I was definitely in there more than 2 days and nothing big story wise was really happening in between.

gun_haver

Is that supposed to be the only time? Because I was in the second palace and anytime I left there I couldn't make damn lockpicks and was getting furious. I was definitely in there more than 2 days and nothing big story wise was really happening in between.

If you go into a dungeon, that's the only thing you can do that day. Doesn't matter what is happening in terms of story - that's a separate issue.

Basically, there are going to be long chunks of days where you don't have control over what you do. Then there will be long chunks where you do (how long depends on how you play).

Thud

Any time you go to a palace/mementos you return tired and are unable to do anything else.

Should be mentioned in one of the tutorial messages. You can read them again under system. That makes maxing out the temperance confidant a priority as it gives you the ability to hang out at night after exploring palaces/mementos.

If you go into a dungeon, that's the only thing you can do that day. Doesn't matter what is happening in terms of story - that's a separate issue.

Basically, there are going to be long chunks of days where you don't have control over what you do. Then there will be long chunks where you do (how long depends on how you play).

Any time you go to a palace/mementos you return tired and are unable to do anything else.

Should be mentioned in one of the tutorial messages. You can read them again under system. That makes maxing out the temperance confidant a priority as it gives you the ability to hang out at night after exploring palaces/mementos.

Shit, somehow this completely lapsed my memory. I completely knew this, but just completely forgot in the fervor for lockpicks.

I only had two hostage situations in the entire game. One came in the second or third palace and one came pretty much at the end. Arguably more difficult than the 250 navi lines trophy, especially if you're too good about covering other people's weaknesses.

Devil Confidant rank 9
"If you're so smooth now, who knows how big of a player you're gonna be when you get a little older!"
Yeah, that's right.
I have my issues with the game but being a scumbag Don Juan has never been as enjoyable as in Persona 5. Take that, Bioware!

Didn't know there's a confidant that unlocks the ability to go out after going to a Palace (I'm still in the second), I really need to keep that in mind.

Setsu00

This isn't true; did you miss a vital part of the plan?

(POST PALACE 6 SPOILERS):
They had to tie up the cognitive Akechi in Sae's palace to make sure he didn't interfere with the plan and the real Akechi didn't run into him. Futaba talks about this in the MC's room.

Oh wow, I must have skipped that part. Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for any confusion!

I can't beat the last part of the fighting game. The button combination is too hard

And I can't beat the octopus in the luck game that's asking me to roll an eight

This is so dumb atlus

marmoka

Banned
So yesterday I played for about 4 hours without noticing, and had to stop playing because it was already 1:30 AM. I could steal the main second heart yesterday, and also steal the second heart of Mementos, apart of doing other social activities.

This is weird. I got bored with Persona 3 and 4. I hated the dungeons, social activities,... And this time I'm really enjoying this. Somehow I feel like I finally understood how to make a good use of the social links and enjoy them. This time, I think the characters are really well developed, their lives are quite interesting, and connect with them.

You know what? I rather hang out with one of the troublemakers at school that comes with me to the metaverse, than hanging out with a random guy of my school that the only interesting thing in his life is just that he's in love with the teacher (P3).

Zafir

Wait what.

The video games require you to do certain tasks, as I'm sure you've noticed.

One of which requires you to do fighting game prompts within a timelimit. The first two aren't too bad, they're typical quarter cricle stuff. Quarter Circle Forward -> X and then Quarter Circle Back -> X. The difficult part is the last prompt it requires you to do a half circle back - > forward + X which will be difficult for anyone who isn't used to doing fighting game prompts.

I couldn't even do it on my controller, a Razer Raiju, because that d-pad has individual buttons(I didn't buy that controller for the d-pad.....). Making those kind of inputs really freaking hard. I had to get out my fight stick to do it, lol. Was easy on my fight stick, but I pity anyone who hasn't got any fighting game experience.

As for that Octopus one, you need to roll specific numbers or you fail. If you fail you have to wait till the next day to try again.

There's a cheat book you can buy which helps a bit, it gives you more rolls on the Octopus one. The fighting game input one, it gives you a bit more time.

Big Persona fusing question- I'm trying to get Thanatos from Thanatos Picaro to get Curse Amp, but instead it keeps giving me Mot.

I'm wondering if it's because my Thanatos Picaro becomes Lv 75 and is therefore too strong to make Thanatos?

Setsu00

Do you have to enter into a relationship to advance confidant ranks? Also is it better to romance one person or all of them?

No, you don't have to enter a relationship to finish the link. Romancing someone doesn't give you any benefit as far as I know and most of the time, the friendship ending is the better written one anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm Mishima rank 10 perk doesnt seem that useful tbh, I feel like my backup peeps are always very close to my mains levels anyay (although to be fair I change them up a lot to keep them steady).

Well thats another max confidant at least.

Aspiring

I tried gaf but fuck this peice of shit game. I sit through 11 hours of my first Persona. I level up and do studies earn money for better equipment. I have 2 days left in the first dungeon. I realised I didn't have enough hp so I left to buy things but because if the dumb fuck day night system it skips time and doesn't let me do a thing. So anyway i have 1 day left. Thats fine because I can still beat the dungeon. I slog through and get to the end. ONLY FOR IT TO BOOT ME OUT AND TELL ME COME BACK THE NEXT DAY !!!!! SO INSTANT FAIL SENDS ME BACK 6 HPURS OF GAME TIME! What a fucking peice of shit. Why give a certain amount of days but than not warn you ypu need a certain amount to beat them or you know bring the amount forward? Make me complete by a certain time? Or even better why not tell me I need to send a calling card BEFORE I GO IN THE FUCKING DUNGEON?!?!

I'm so fucking pissed right now. What a miserable time. Like the game all you want but this is not good game design. Gonna sleep on this fucking g shit and if I wake up still pissed its getting traded.

Kolx

Is there a way to advance strength to 6 without having to strengthen a certain persona to a higher level? I used a guide and it requires strengthen a persona from 25 to 28 which I couldn't do no matter what I tried.

Do you have to enter into a relationship to advance confidant ranks? Also is it better to romance one person or all of them?

No, you can refuse and still get to level 10 although you can advance faster from 9 to 10 if you accept. Pick your choice and I did more than one and didn't notice anything. There might be an event where you go with the girl you picked but I think that the extent of it (didn't finish the game so I might be wrong).

Top Bottom