• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

How's everyone's network fusion luck? I've got a few decent Personas from it.

I haven't done it too often, got the vibe that by using highest lvl persona available to you at the moment gives a persona that is higher than you "should" be able to get "normally". Without any S-link bonuses or inherited skills but with a chance of unique/exclusive (?) skill

I used some high 60's one and got mid 70's one with nothing special. It is worth to try with those that you aren't using or leveling anyway, might get something decent.

LiK

Palace 3 did it best, imo.
Got the whole keycard thing at first. Then add in the camera system. Then add in the password system on top of that.
Fairly diverse unlike some of the other dungeons which became a bit repetitive by the time you finish them.

Man, I don't know, this team is pretty stacked. Have any main Bless users on it? (Maybe Michael?)
speaking of Bless skills...I ended up buying Kahuya DLC because well Kaguya. Too bad she starts at 25 (29 for Picaro). Radiant Arrow is absurd, but its such a bitch to level up a persona that starts that low.

MTC100

Banned
I think you mean the
seventh
palace. Actual longest dungeon in the game I've encountered so far and tbh the worst as well.
The mouse mechanic was super interesting when it was introduced, but ended up feeling like weird padding to make the dungeon feel about 3x longer than it should be.

Yeah I got it wrong, I mean the
7th
. I played the game so much the last two weeks I lost my mind ^^ -The mechanic was funny at first but I realized very early on that it is also quite dumb and that you didn't have to think at all, just unlock all the doors, and crawl along to proceed(I even knew where there will be a "hidden" passage after a few rooms it was completely predictable -and boring). It's because of this palace alone, that I will never give P5 a 10/10, the dungeon felt like a waste of time. If the conclusion of it weren't worth it, then I might have stopped playing then.

Palace 3 did it best, imo.
Got the whole keycard thing at first. Then add in the camera system. Then add in the password system on top of that.
Fairly diverse unlike some of the other dungeons which became a bit repetitive by the time you finish them.

I agree, the Vault was the most interesting dungeon, with all its layers also the soundtrack was catchy.

daveo42

Banned
^^^ Yup, best designed dungeon in the game.

Post Palace Six spoilers.
PANCAKES though? That thought never crossed my mind.

This blew me away when it came up.
It's such a throwaway comment that I laughed at during that scene without realizing who Akechi was really hearing. Fuckin' pancakes man.

^^^ Yup, best designed dungeon in the game.

This blew me away when it came up.
It's such a throwaway comment that I laughed at during that scene without realizing who Akechi was really hearing. Fuckin' pancakes man.
the worst for me was racking my brain to remember what the fuck they were talking about since
they end up doing the flashback twice. The first time in the interrogation room they basically just say "pancakes" and I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck I had forgotten. Thankfully the second time they flashback while explaining to Sae at Leblanc they go over the whole thing.

TheFatMan

I tried gaf but fuck this peice of shit game. I sit through 11 hours of my first Persona. I level up and do studies earn money for better equipment. I have 2 days left in the first dungeon. I realised I didn't have enough hp so I left to buy things but because if the dumb fuck day night system it skips time and doesn't let me do a thing. So anyway i have 1 day left. Thats fine because I can still beat the dungeon. I slog through and get to the end. ONLY FOR IT TO BOOT ME OUT AND TELL ME COME BACK THE NEXT DAY !!!!! SO INSTANT FAIL SENDS ME BACK 6 HPURS OF GAME TIME! What a fucking peice of shit. Why give a certain amount of days but than not warn you ypu need a certain amount to beat them or you know bring the amount forward? Make me complete by a certain time? Or even better why not tell me I need to send a calling card BEFORE I GO IN THE FUCKING DUNGEON?!?!

I'm so fucking pissed right now. What a miserable time. Like the game all you want but this is not good game design. Gonna sleep on this fucking g shit and if I wake up still pissed its getting traded.

I gotta say posts like this I find.....ridiculous. I can understand getting upset about a game but first of all you need to cool off a bit man before posting.

Secondly the game tells you several times near the beginning of the game not to wait till the last second to do the Palaces because shit can go down. They all but hold your hand with the amount of times its mentioned.

As for sending the calling card before you go into the dungeon, the game explains why you can't do that either.

If you don't like the mechanics that is fine, but calling the game bad simply because you weren't paying attention to the games MANY cues is your fault, not theirs. I'm getting real tired of childish posts like this lately.

Chaos17

How many times do you have to do the mice thing? I've done it twice and feel like it's going to happen again after defeating the TV Exec.

I think I did it at least 3 times, each time was when Ihad to find the mini bosses.

I gotta say posts like this I find.....ridiculous. I can understand getting upset about a game but first of all you need to cool off a bit man before posting.

Secondly the game tells you several times near the beginning of the game not to wait till the last second to do the Palaces because shit can go down. They all but hold your hand with the amount of times its mentioned.

As for sending the calling card before you go into the dungeon, the game explains why you can't do that either.

If you don't like the mechanics that is fine, but calling the game bad simply because you weren't paying attention to the games MANY cues is your fault, not theirs. I'm getting real tired of childish posts like this lately.

Whatever the excuse, the calling card eating you one full day is bad, same for story events.

MTC100

Banned
How many times do you have to do the mice thing? I've done it twice and feel like it's going to happen again after defeating the TV Exec.

Too many times. I don't get why they have to artificially stretch a game out that easily spans a hundred hours of playtime as it is. No one would have been mad if that palace would have ended within ~2-3 hours with all the doors being open ^^

-I also had to redo the last
mouse
section with the big room and 4 or 5 guards in it because I rushed too fast out of fear I would die from the Shadows, exiting through the door was a big mistake though, once I re-entered I had to make my way to the back to transform again as the statue was disabled after I got back to the room and all the dozens of shadows were back too. I think I wasted at least 30 minutes because of that reset...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OMG I thought the only displayable stuff was going to be on that shelf.

Spoilers for two gifts you get from Confidants.

I got the
chocolate fountain
lmao and the
Rise Poster
. Was so surprised.

Every Palace (up to a certain story boss in 7) talk:
the first felt long because it was the introductory one (and I scattered it across a week since I was still getting used to the game.
Palace 2 felt perfect, with a decently challenging boss at the end.
3 felt a bit bland until the vaults.
4 was fun, and structured a little differently. I liked it.
5 is far and away the worst one,with the boss being a mob fight, and the most basic dungeon crawling I've seen in generations.
6 was a return to form with a unique gambling gimmick and a bitching theme. Probably my favourite Palace.
7 was fun in that you had to fight 5 minibosses, but it was all a bit linear. I would have liked to pick which boss to go up against. The Akechi fight was a bit of a gut punch for me. I'd used a lot of my SP against the Cleaner, so I had to burn a soma.

So a few things - currently in third Palace, who is the best party? It's felt like the original four is the best to stick with?

I need Yen! I entered this Palace with next to no money and I feel like I'm doing something wrong, maybe I should negotiate more? Is there a farming method?

Best Personas at this stage?

nOoblet16

So a few things - currently in third Palace, who is the best party? It's felt like the original four is the best to stick with?

I need Yen! I entered this Palace with next to no money and I feel like I'm doing something wrong, maybe I should negotiate more? Is there a farming method?

Best Personas at this stage?
At the point you can take Ryuji and Ann out as neither has much utility available (could swap between Makoto and Ann but I assume you want to have the new character in your party). Later in the game though both Ryuji and Ann become incredible damage dealers while Makoto will completely take over the healing role from Morgana.

silva1991

trying to make a crew of cool looking personas with unique skills
need 2 more. anyone got any ideas?

satanael
alice
yoshitsune
trumpeteer
ishtar
baal
kohryu
lucifer
michael
satan

Replace Michael with Metatron :p

Oh and get Odin. He is so awesome in this game. Especially if you give him both Elec amp and boost

Chaos17

Dropping in to say that Ryuji is a total bro and if you don't like him you don't know anything
He is different in his S-link (where he is way more calmer and cool headed). In the main story he is too much after fame, he wants to be so badly Iron man while we should be batman. You don't beleive me ? Go pass your free time in Hawaii with him nstead with a girl, lol

I don't hate him but I don't like him either.

Okay, i need more persona in my veins... i wanted to wait for the fan translation of the psp version of eternal punishment to replay the Persona 2 Duology.... but i just can't wait anymore, i'll start right now!

in need more maya in my life

We all do.
I have a special altar in my home where I pray every day for the completion of Eternal Punishment's fan translation.

nOoblet16

I like Morgana as my main healer. I guess I'm the minority here.
Makoto gets full party heal + full party defense buff so that's why she is better. Morgana has the critical punch but you don't really want you healer to attack much really, plus Haru and MC get One shot kill which is superb and have high crit rate.

The most glaring flaw in this game's localization is that the poll shitposts don't immediately turn into a flood of "nice" when it hits 69%.

daveo42

Banned
Makoto gets full party heal + full party defense buff so that's why she is better.

Yup, Makoto is a permanent member on my team because of that. Morgana ends up becoming someone to toss party heals outside of missions thanks to Futaba's
back-up SP regen ability

kromeo

Wonder why they removed the earth element from Persona.. As far as I remember it was in the main games and the Digital Devil Sagas

The bonus for confidants if you have the right Persona types is annoying, I'm still stuck with lv 2 pixie in my party. Where all the lovers at?

silva1991

I like Morgana as my main healer. I guess I'm the minority here.

I wanted to keep him as a healer, but Makoto out classed him in every way:

- better defense
- defense for all spell
- a severe magic spell(Morgana's strongest magic attack is just heavy)

He is only better in some normal battles because of high critical chances especially against treasure enemies.

I would never run Morgana over Makoto, it would ruin my party dynamic. I use Haru/Ann/Makoto

fortunately my all female squad works out really well in this game functionally anyway

Weiss

Banned
Are there any days in December where it's flu season, or was that just November? At what level can I realistically go to Mementos and take on
the Reaper?

I bought the P4 Costume/BGM set because I had some money in my PSN wallet (and not at all because I wanted to put Ann in a P4 uniform over that stupid catsuit) and I guess I missed where the BGM shows up or how to use it? Would love to replace a certain dungeon's boring music theme if possible.

Also question about Strengthen fusions - it's once per day per Persona -if I strengthen a Persona, register it, then use that Persona in a fusion, then summon it again...will it still be locked out of strengthening for the day? Feels like gaming the system if you can strengthen again, so I probably won't do it but the thought occurred to me.

I hate that my favorite Persona/demon design is a mid-level one because I know I'm gonna have to fuse him eventually. Sad.

ramyeon

Went from level 44 to level 49 from fighting one of the Mementos targets (
Shinya's mum from the Tower social link
). Always feels good to level up that much from one fight.

Are there any days in December where it's flu season, or was that just November? At what level can I realistically go to Mementos and take on
the Reaper?

i beat it without the flu at level 68, didn't tried it earlier, so i guess it's fairly possible to do it under that, since it was pretty easy at my level, just a bit long

Pretty much.

The only thing morgana has going is that his SL is free. And is better than Makoto abour 2/3 of the game but around level 50+ Makoto picks up and is better.
But that can be a negative since he'll only get his ultimate at the end of the game, regardless of what you do

kromeo

I bought the P4 Costume/BGM set because I had some money in my PSN wallet (and not at all because I wanted to put Ann in a P4 uniform over that stupid catsuit) and I guess I missed where the BGM shows up or how to use it? Would love to replace a certain dungeon's boring music theme if possible.

It changes the battle music if you change the main characters costume. I also took Ann straight out of the cat costume, except for the P3 one

Aspiring

Sorry I did pay attention. Sure the game gave warning but not ONCE did it ever tell me that I needed a full day to drop a calling card and another to steal his heart UNTIL I was literally standing in front of it and Morgana than explained it. That was the first time I knew of calling cards, the time it took and needing to materialise the heart.

Also I started the infiltration on the 30th. The game told me 2 days. Is that not 2 days? How was i supposed to know that as of may 2nd i could not do anything at all and its instant game over.

Regardless of what you think for first timers such as myself it was all very poorly explained or not explained at all.

I admit I needed to cool off but when you lose 5 hours progress you are upset. I have since cooled off and am back in it playing but regardless, even if I go on and play for another 100 hours and love the game, there is no doubting that it is very poorly explained and a bad game mechanic.

I would never run Morgana over Makoto, it would ruin my party dynamic. I use Haru/Ann/Makoto

fortunately my all female squad works out really well in this game functionally anyway

I'm currently running Ryuji/Yusuke/Makoto and it works pretty damn well.

It changes the battle music if you change the main characters costume. I also took Ann straight out of the cat costume, except for the P3 one

Ah. Hm. I really like the MC's default thief costume though. Hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

nOoblet16

Not running Ryuji is a mistake. He is the true beast if your party, Joker can match him in damage but he is better off being the party shaman.

It was hilarious to see late game mini bosses get OHK lol

gun_haver

Yeah I've switched a few of the characters out of their official dungeon clothes too. Actually, all of the aesthetics surrounding the Phantom Thieves aspects are terrible and lame. EVERYBODY looks better just in normal clothes with the possible exception of Makoto, who looks borderline cool, but then she's out of place.

I'll probably just switch them all the next time I play.

LiK

I kept switching everyone in and out during final boss. I wanted it to be the most epic fight with everyone.

Top Bottom