• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I noticed that the soundtrack was surprisingly good and far-removed from the classic horror "scare chord" fare by being tense, but not to the point of ridiculous. It kind of reminde me or the sountrack of John Carpenter's The Thing in that regard.

It sucks that the film's end was predictable and cliché and that the only legitimately spooky part was when
the still image of Bug-hull or whatever the demon's name was looked at Hawke while he wasn't paying attention. The rest relied too much on "scary kids" and jumpscares.

Oh, uh, Persona Persona Persona Personaaaaaaaaa

The Pachinko website article talking about an upcoming "Megaten Boom" because of an upcoming Persona 5 announcement for the PS3 was published on July 2, 2009. Japanese bloggers picked up on the news on July 20, 2009 and the Pachinko website swiftly updated their article on July 21, 2009, removing all mention of Persona 5.

As for the PS site, I'm not quite sure how they handled the listing. My guess is they changed the game's name from "Persona 5" to "Persona."

Game's development was officially confirmed on March 24, 2010.

Shameless plug here because it has all information we know of about Persona 5 and I personally think it's interesting.

Yeah, it seems that first mention was either a mistake because of the Persona port or a weird leak at the very beginning of P5's development.

Since it says, 'He finished by warning that the wait until the game’s release would be lengthy' and Soejima had only just submitted sketches August last year, I would be surprised if we hear anything significant about it this year.

Did something similar happen before P4's release? As in, was the game announced to be in development several years in advance?

Also, I hadn't heard of this version of Heartful Cry before, it kicks ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ejLyU5wbM

Edit: Also FluxWave, the images on the Arena page are dead :p.

FluxWaveZ

Did something similar happen before P4's release? As in, was the game announced to be in development several years in advance?

Also, I hadn't heard of this version of Heartful Cry before, it kicks ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ejLyU5wbM

Persona 4 was announced on March 2008 and released on July 2008 (in Japan), so no. Persona 3 was announced on March 2006 and released on July 2006, for reference. Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden were announced about a year before their release, so things might have changed since then.

And I haven't heard that version of Heartful Cry before either. It's pretty good, though nothing beats the original.

Meia

Heartfelt Cry may be my favorite song in the P3 soundtrack. Great song, but the emotion behind it when it plays is pretty good too.

A version with violins? What's not to love? :D

Persona 4 was announced on March 2008 and released on July 2008 (in Japan), so no. Persona 3 was announced on March 2006 and released on July 2006, for reference. Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden were announced about a year before their release, so things might have changed since then.

And I haven't heard that version of Heartful Cry before either. It's pretty good, though nothing beats the original.

Dang, I thought P3 was released earlier than that. With a mere two years between P3 and 4 and the other stuff they've been doing alongside P5, I guess it's kinda useless to compare the development time... In the P4 Design Works it does however say that Soejima started character design for P4 about four months into development. My money's on a reveal next year.

Ah, someone's never seen Saving Private Ryan ;P

Fish would be all like, "Japanese games suck by default, so this game now takes place in America. Also it is a shooter."

By the way, I just watched a horror movie called Sinister on TMN. The entire thing was like a clichéd mix of Paranormal Activity and Persona 4.

Isn't Persona 3 a shooter already?!

Isn't Persona 3 a shooter already?!

mj-gif-michael-jackson-13491770-360-258.gif

So like, I was in Tartarus, a few days after the visit to Yakushima, and Junpei's all like, 'It's a good thing Aigis is on our side, I'd hate to have her as an enemy'. And I was like, jeez Stupei, why on earth would you think of a thing like that?

So like, I was in Tartarus, a few days after the visit to Yakushima, and Junpei's all like, 'It's a good thing Aigis is on our side, I'd hate to have her as an enemy'. And I was like, jeez Stupei, why on earth would you think of a thing like that?

It isn't even true anyway. Aigis is all "I must wait" if you have something resistant to her attacks and BAM she's gone without putting up half a fight. Pushover android. Superior robot maidens would just axe you and go "Resist that, ya big palooka!"

Sophia

It isn't even true anyway. Aigis is all "I must wait" if you have something resistant to her attacks and BAM she's gone without putting up half a fight. Pushover android. Superior robot maidens would just axe you and go "Resist that, ya big palooka!"

P-Pushover Android!?

ZXr1SON.png

What. Ever. Aigis would kick Labby's butt any day.

I think they'll both be in trouble when Elizabeth comes along though. She's been getting some funny ideas.

Screenshot_015_zps8adeb8a2.png

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

What is this nonsense?

Labrys would do the same against sonething resistant against slash attacks.

Everybody gets their ass kicked when Liz comes around. As Arena so throughly demonstrated.

I spit on Liz and that takes half her health.

What is this nonsense?

Labrys would do the same against sonething resistant against slash attacks.

I spit on Liz and take half her health.

But maybe she'd at least use some of that enhanced personality and throw a medical powder my way.

Liz drags you into the middle of a space/time vortex and watches you explode.

So guys, I'm home alone for a couple of days and I'm thinking of learning a Persona song on the violin. I already know I'll Face Myself and Fog, so which one should I pick? I'm leaning towards Danger Zone right now considering The Almighty is nigh-impossible due to its key and reliance on chords during the chorus.

Sophia

Who's oldest to youngest between, Liz, Margaret, and what's-his-name?

Margaret > Elizabeth > Theodore in ages.

So guys, I'm home alone for a couple of days and I'm thinking of learning a Persona song on the violin. I already know I'll Face Myself and Fog, so which one should I pick? I'm leaning towards Danger Zone right now considering The Almighty is nigh-impossible due to its key and reliance on chords during the chorus.

Make sure you know how to play both battle and non-battle versions of I'll Face Myself!

Jintor

Find me a duet and I'll go restring my violin

PK Gaming

1. You play violin? That's awesome.
2. Danger Zone, it's one of your favorites!

Find me a duet and I'll go restring my violin

Ooh, I'm working on transcribing this as a duet right now (one track for the vocals and one track for the instrumental part)! Maybe when I'm done I can send you a copy!

Make sure you know how to play both battle and non-battle versions of I'll Face Myself!

Yup! I can play this part pretty easily. This bit is the hardest though, due to how fast it goes and the fact that no sheet music exists for the Reincarnation version T^T

1. You play violin? That's awesome.
2. Danger Zone, it's one of your favorites!

1. Thanks! Suck it, everyone who thinks violin is a sissy instrument!
2. That's what I'm hoping to learn! Just wanted to get everyone's opinion before I started.

Sophia

You spit on Elizabeth. Spitting is one of the 548162851257125 actions you cannot do in the fight. Elizabeth Megidolans you for 9999.

Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to it's prey....

cj_iwakura

You spit on Elizabeth. Spitting is one of the 548162851257125 actions you cannot do in the fight. Elizabeth Megidolans you for 9999.

Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to it's prey....

Preparing for and fighting her was the most fun I've ever had in a Persona game.

I like challenging games, but not outright masochism. That's for other times, not video games. ;p

I don't want to know what you do after-hours :S

The most masochistic I've ever gotten was probably beating Megaman Zero 2 on Hard. I had that game and its bosses down to a friggin' science by the time I was done.

cj_iwakura

I don't want to know what you do after-hours :S

The most masochistic I've ever gotten was probably beating Megaman Zero 2 on Hard. I had that game and its bosses down to a friggin' science by the time I was done.

I've beaten Nocturne on Hard, Demon's Souls at Level 1, Raidou 1 on Hard, the Demi-Fiend in Digital Devil Saga, Elizabeth in P3, and Philemon in P2.

i'm not a fan of "if you break these unspoken rules i will instantly kill you" boss fights
especially if those unspoken rules include things like "having elemental resistances"

cj_iwakura

i'm not a fan of "if you break these unspoken rules i will instantly kill you" boss fights
especially if those unspoken rules include things like "having elemental resistances"

You can resist. You can't negate. That made preparing for Elizabeth a very interesting challenge.

Squire

Banned
I'm something of a masochist when it comes to game challenges. I cleared Raidou 1's Devil Mode. Something I bet less than 10 people on the planet have done.

Confident, too.

Neither am I. Arbitrary design like that betrays a lack of confidence on the designers part. S'alright though. P3 sort of has an issue with things like that.

Lemstar

Preparing for and fighting her was the most fun I've ever had in a Persona game.

Preparing was alright, but the actual fight would have put me to sleep if I didn't need to restart and run through nine levels of Monad every time I ran out of Infinities.

Maybe it's better in FES, but I'm not about to try that anytime soon.

Sophia

Neither am I. But it's just further proof of how flawed P3's One More system is.

That said, Margaret in Persona 4 was handled pretty well, and her difficulty was fair.

cj_iwakura

Preparing was alright, but the actual fight would have put me to sleep if I didn't need to restart and run through nine levels of Monad every time I ran out of Infinities.

Maybe it's better in FES, but I'm not about to try that anytime soon.

FES is worlds easier, since you get resist-all Orpheus Telos which is basically designed for her, but I bet it still involves a ton of prep work.

Neither am I. But it's just further proof of how flawed P3's One More system is.

That said, Margaret in Persona 4 was handled pretty well, and her difficulty was fair.

I killed her too. She was almost too easy. Fun fight, but a little underwhelming.

Young Magus

I can't do "SUPER-DUPER-SOHARDTOTHEPOINTWHEREYOUNEEDMOFOAWARSTRATEGISTTOHAVEASNOWBALLSCHANCEOFWINNING" bonus bosses. Not my type of style. Only thing I've done something like that was the fell arms final boss of Tales of Vesperia.

Meia

I don't mind really hard bonus bosses, so long as they're bonus. I think Margaret was handled better, but Elizabeth was just legendary because of all of the "rules". Probably wouldn't have gained half it's status if it didn't have them.

Think the last game I bothered with this concept with was Kingdom Hearts 1 though. Beating Sephiroth was neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom