• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said shes gonna be in the IRC, she left because she doesn't like the site anymore and the parts she did like are basically available out of GAF anyways, such as us in the IRC.

Unrelated to Persona but you guys seem reasonably friendly so i'll ask anyway. Which mod is most likely to reply to a pm? There's a certain "issue" i need help with.

Astra

Unrelated to Persona but you guys seem reasonably friendly so i'll ask anyway. Which mod is most likely to reply to a pm? There's a certain "issue" i need help with.

I'm not too sure, myself. I never PM'd a mod, but I would imagine any of them would reply.
Stump seems to be everyone's favorite mod, so like gets the most PMs.
Try Y2Kev. He has a Kanji avatar, and that makes him good people.

Meia

Go for a newbie mod, they'll want to be as upfront as possible.:p

tumblr_m4ck0iUmn51qkbe6r.jpg

Dantis

So I've mentioned this before, but every so often, I'll go a short while without listening to Meguro's music, then I'll load it up again and be like "Man! Now I remember why I liked it so much!"

Happened again today. I was talking to my brother about how good Fog is, and now I'm back in. Best fucking game composer.

So I've mentioned this before, but every so often, I'll go a short while without listening to Meguro's music, then I'll load it up again and be like "Man! Now I remember why I liked it so much!"

Happened again today. I was talking to my brother about how good Fog is, and now I'm back in. Best fucking game composer.

Fog is simply the best boss battle music in a JRPG ever.
With the only exceptions being maybe One Winged Angel or Guardando nel Buio.

Even then it's the first time that I feel that an instrumental BGM is almost telling me a story.
A story of a year spent together with friends on a crazy adventure of which the memories will forever remain in their hearts.

I don't know, it just fits together with the moment in an exceptional way.

I've always held The Almighty in higher regard than Fog, simply because it's so unique and serene for a boss theme. The band version is especially amazing (dat sax!), plus
Ameno-Sagiri is a better boss than Izanami :p

b-but godsibb... and promised pain... and fatal fight

Kajiura>>>>>Meguro

Certainly exceptional but not in my top 3!
Besides I played Xenosaga III in such a hurry and so long ago that I mostly forgot everything.

I should replay the whole series, I remember loving Episode I back then.

KOS-MOS <3

The Fog is pretty metal, Meguro should play a Wacken this year.

I especially love his metal tracks!

Lunar15

Dude, I haven't even played DDS:2 but Hunting: Betrayal came up in the related videos for another video and I was hooked. Been listening to the DDS soundtracks nearly non stop all weekend.

His jammy stuff is just so incredible. It's why I like The Almighty a little more than Fog.

Meguro is probably the most eclectic and varied VGM composer that I know of.
He can do metal, classical, funk, jazz and a lot of other styles, mix them together and they still sound good! Even the genres I don't like!

Can't wait to hear what he comes out with in Persona 5!

Meia

To find that much good p1 fanart is a miracle. And the last boss of that game is still nightmare fuel.

Fog is up there for me with boss tracks, though I still probably give the edge to I'll Face Myself. Just something about good intros for songs that just get the blood pumping. Why I liked P3's shadow boss music, the alien like beginning lets you know freaky shit's going down.

Levito

Banned
One of the things that drew me to persona in the first place was the music. So refreshing compared to other JRPGs.

Yeah I specifically remember the first time Mass Destruction came on and I was like: "Is this really the battle theme?" then 30 hours later I was all "BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY".

Dantis

Fog > The Almighty.

I don't really hate The Almighty, but it's never been a stand out track for me.

High five, Trigger!

Yeah I specifically remember the first time Mass Destruction came on and I was like: "Is this really the battle theme?" then 30 hours later I was all "BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY".

It was Deep Breath Deep Breath which made me decide the OST was awesome. It was so bizarre that from that point I took note of the soundtrack.

It was Deep Breath Deep Breath which made me decide the OST was awesome. It was so bizarre that from that point I took note of the soundtrack.

I love Deep Breath Deep Breath. The Reincarnation version puts a completely different spin on it, which is cool too.

Speaking of bizarre P3 tracks, one that took me a while to warm up to was A Deep Mentality. YEEEEAAAAAHHH AH AH AH AH AH
(I love it now, but the first couple times I listened to the soundtrack I was always like "WTF is this".)

imBask

Banned
well, finally done with P4G, had it since it's released but played the first half very sproradically and decided to push the second half hard the past couple of weeks

amazing game. definitely one of the best RPG i've played and enjoyed

Levito

Banned
well, finally done with P4G, had it since it's released but played the first half very sproradically and decided to push the second half hard the past couple of weeks

amazing game. definitely one of the best RPG i've played and enjoyed

Right on, congrats!

Did you get the tr00 ending?

I'm fighting a temptation to avatarize some of this Yukino work here. Sorely tempted.

Meguro is probably the most eclectic and varied VGM composer that I know of.
He can do metal, classical, funk, jazz and a lot of other styles, mix them together and they still sound good! Even the genres I don't like!

Can't wait to hear what he comes out with in Persona 5!

He I would put as the finest composer since he "clicked" on SMT3. Every album different, fits and molds the games' narrative masterfully. In an era where Hollywooding, liscenced OSTs, and me-to soundtracks rule, he is the king.

The Al-FUCKING-mighty is the fucking best.

Fixed. Dat Climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom