• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I think the reason I like The Almighty more than Fog is because while fog is intense, that's expected out of a final boss theme. Almighty, on the other hand, is a straight-up jam session. While it's also intense, it has a more mysterious sound to it, and that was just really unexpected during a battle that, at the time, I thought was the final battle. It's almost relaxing, soothing, which I felt went along with the "fog" theme so excellently. That's why it stood out, whereas Fog was just a stellar boss track.

Young Magus

i'm screwed hahaha, it's alright I don't mind, my OCD doesn't go there
but thanks anyways

You really didn't need that Link for the true end, it's best to save for a second playthrough. Only thing to worry bout is the events on 3/20

Sophia

i'm screwed hahaha, it's alright I don't mind, my OCD doesn't go there
but thanks anyways

You can still get the true ending, you'll just miss out on the bonus content for The Golden.

Also I agree with Fog > The Almighty, but only because the chorus of Fog is really good.

Was it for the PAX thread?

Looking at her post history, it appears that one of her favourite posters was banned for a really dumb reason, and she decided that GAF's administration and general attitude just wasn't something she wanted to be associated with.

A dang shame for sure, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't had similar thoughts before.

Here's another "play P3" post. So yeah, play it.

Just get the PS2 disc for FES, not the one on Playstation Store. Save data glitches exist in that version and some textures don't work properly.

Meia

Do what the above folks say, you'll love it.
Just don't get FES off of PSN, save data issues and what not.

Someone started a new let's play thread on general about persona 3, and people in there were saying that the save and flickering issues were now fixed, if you redownload the game since there isn't any patching for it.

Am tempted to do that and see for myself. Should be fairly easy to check by loading up a save in the last block.

Young Magus

Someone started a new let's play thread on general about persona 3, and people in there were saying that the save and flickering issues were now fixed, if you redownload the game since there isn't any patching for it.

Am tempted to do that and see for myself. Should be fairly easy to check by loading up a save in the last block.

JOY!!!!

PK Gaming

The texture glitches are mostly gone, but the save issue might still exist. It's no big deal though, it happens infrequently and can be avoided by having multiple save files (and when you go to save, save in 2 or more save files).

As much as I like P3P, i'd consider getting FES.

EDIT:

SCEA said:
We recently updated the package file for Shin Megami Persona 3 FES PS2 Classic on PSN in order to fix a serious bug. If you've encountered this issue, the only way to fix the issue for current consumers is to redownload the game from the PlayStation Store. This bug would crash the game at a certain point within the game, but again, it has been fixed.

Your existing save file from the previous version will still be valid, so you can still continue your progress. Simply go to the PlayStation Store, re-download the game by visiting your Download List, or just searching for it in the Store, and you'll be all set.

The development teams extend their sincerest apologies to those encountering this bug, and hope that you will continue to enjoy Shin Megami Persona 3 FES on PS2 Classics.

Source

Meia

The texture glitches are mostly gone, but the save issue might still exist. It's no big deal though, it happens infrequently and can be avoided by having multiple save files (and when you go to save, save in 2 or more save files).

EDIT:

Source

Well shit, wish I waited before deleting then re-downloading and re-installing. :p

But yeah, in Adamah, no flickering at all, so no more graphical bugs(last boss was horrendous with this, as anything black on him for some reason flashed the same way as the bug did). Save could be still in effect so maybe not worth risking, but at least that graphic crap is fixed.

Assuming my friend held onto his save data on USB or however he backed it up, this fixed version of P3FES could be great news for him. I'll tell him tomorrow about it.

Jintor

So i feel like experimenting a bit with radio writing and was thinking of doing, like a 5-10 minute piece in the style of radiolab or This American Life for s.link fm about Inaba and its sense of place as distinct in JRPG and games as a whole, thoughts

Squire

Banned
So i feel like experimenting a bit with radio writing and was thinking of doing, like a 5-10 minute piece in the style of radiolab or This American Life for s.link fm about Inaba and its sense of place as distinct in JRPG and games as a whole, thoughts

That sounds awesome. And it gets you on the podcast.

We're actually trying to come up with ideas right now as Levito's had trouble getting plans set.

I think it's a great idea.

Sophia

I went and tested it earlier when someone mentioned it was fixed. Saved my game about 30+ times in The Answer and didn't encounter any issues. The graphical glitches appeared to be fixed too.

That said, the color palette is still too washed out on HDMI displays.

I went and tested it earlier when someone mentioned it was fixed. Saved my game about 30+ times in The Answer and didn't encounter any issues. The graphical glitches appeared to be fixed too.

That said, the color palette is still too washed out on HDMI displays.

Having played both the PSN and PS2 disc versions of FES within the last month, it looks drab on anything above am SD TV using composite cables sitting 12 feet back. The graphics haven't aged gracefully at all.

If that P3 platinum you masochists are often clamoring for ever comes out, I'd like to see them replace the 3d character assets with at least that strange cell shaded anime girl 3d situation all the other non FF budget JRPGs are going with now. It's actually a specific program right?

Sophia

Having played both the PSN and PS2 disc versions of FES within the last month, it looks drab on anything above am SD TV using composite cables sitting 12 feet back. The graphics haven't aged gracefully at all.

No no no.... That's not what I'm talking about. The color palette is outright messed up on the PSN Classics version using HDMI RGB Full. For some reason the game forces itself to Limited, even though other classics on the store don't do this. Crash Bandicoot 3 for example plays perfectly fine, with proper black levels and all...

Meia

No no no.... That's not what I'm talking about. The color palette is outright messed up on the PSN Classics version using HDMI RGB Full. For some reason the game forces itself to Limited, even though other classics on the store don't do this. Crash Bandicoot 3 for example plays perfectly fine, with proper black levels and all...

You mean how it's almost like a vaseline over everything? I know it does look weird, color wise. Still very playable, but noticeable.

Meia

It's hard to describe. There's no "crispness" to the picture at all I guess, everything's muted.

For the PS2 as well as the PSP, I have a device that turns the component input signals into HDMI so I can plug it into my monitor, and I *think* the same thing happened with P3 AND P4 though. It may just be something with the way they were made.

Cheddahz

Banned
Just get the PS2 disc for FES, not the one on Playstation Store. Save data glitches exist in that version and some textures don't work properly.

I've actually owned FES on my PS2 for quite some time, but I got busy with school work when I first started playing it, so yeah, it's just been sitting in my room

FluxWaveZ

Remember when, in 2009, an upcoming Persona 5 announcement for the PS3 was mentioned on that Pachinko website and two weeks later Shoji Meguro was listed as the producer for Persona 5 on the PlayStation website?

Fun coincidence...

Sophia

You mean how it's almost like a vaseline over everything? I know it does look weird, color wise. Still very playable, but noticeable.

I'll see if I can take a picture to show. It's very obvious on my monitor compared to say... Crash Bandicoot.

EDIT: Meh, didn't show up on camera. But yeah the black levels are fubared.

Yes. My favourite, though I prefer the original.
I wanna add this one because I don't think anyone's posted it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDv5xhqq7Iw

Remember when, in 2009, an upcoming Persona 5 announcement for the PS3 was mentioned on that Pachinko website and two weeks later Shoji Meguro was listed as the producer for Persona 5 on the PlayStation website?

Fun coincidence...
Wait, it was announced that long ago? Or was the listing on the PS site taken down?

I think this is the best word I've ever had to look up in a dictionary.

FluxWaveZ

Wait, it was announced that long ago? Or was the listing on the PS site taken down?

The Pachinko website article talking about an upcoming "Megaten Boom" because of an upcoming Persona 5 announcement for the PS3 was published on July 2, 2009. Japanese bloggers picked up on the news on July 20, 2009 and the Pachinko website swiftly updated their article on July 21, 2009, removing all mention of Persona 5.

As for the PS site, I'm not quite sure how they handled the listing. My guess is they changed the game's name from "Persona 5" to "Persona."

Game's development was officially confirmed on March 24, 2010.

Shameless plug here because it has all information we know of about Persona 5 and I personally think it's interesting.

I think this is the best word I've ever had to look up in a dictionary.

Ah, someone's never seen Saving Private Ryan ;P

That could be the worst thing ever.

Fish would be all like, "Japanese games suck by default, so this game now takes place in America. Also it is a shooter."

By the way, I just watched a horror movie called Sinister on TMN. The entire thing was like a clichéd mix of Paranormal Activity and Persona 4.

Dantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom