• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's use this opportunity to reread Tartarus Theater:
1426430364_24de897ff4_o.jpg

ufotable would actually be my preferred choice to handle a Persona 3 or Persona 2 anime. I don't think any other studio right now (except MAYBE Shaft) has the competence level to handle Persona 2.

At this point, I'd take anything Persona 2 related. The faux trailer for Eternal Punishment was amazing, wish they'd go back to that and make a fully fledged anime out of it.

Kazzy

ufotable would actually be my preferred choice to handle a Persona 3 or Persona 2 anime. I don't think any other studio right now (except MAYBE Shaft) has the competence level to handle Persona 2.

KyoAni have a deftness of touch when it comes to adapting material that I think would be well suited to the Persona franchise. At their very best, they're capable of shifting between comedic and serious without breaking a sweat, and making it feel organic! I think it'd be so easy to make all this material feel really overwrought and hackneyed, which I think even the games succumb to at times.

The animation side would be a given, but I think that sort of adaptation would really thrive with what they could embellish onto the existing narrative, particularly with the characters themselves.

Lunar15

More Than One Heart is excellent. It sounds like it could have already been in the game, it just fits.

If anyone was worried that meguro was going too pop-y with the Golden, I feel like this should ease all those fears. He's still capable of going back and nailing what he's already nailed so well.

Soriku

Heh, there were tweets and comments from the animators that the reason Tokiomi was walking in circles was because the animators were bored and wanted something to animate for that scene. XD

lololol. When I first saw that scene I was like why the hell is he walking around like that? First episode is kinda boring, I actually dropped the show for a while after watching most of ep 1. Then I came back to it eventually and now it's one of my top favorites.

ST2K

Alright, so after reading all that, the conclusion we're really drawing is there will NOT be a Persona 5 announcement this year?

I ask because that kinda sucks.

Sophia

Alright, so after reading all that, the conclusion we're really drawing is there will NOT be a Persona 5 announcement this year?

I ask because that kinda sucks.

I have no idea how you got to that conclusion. The conclusion is that we don't know what will be announced and when.

It could be this month. It could be this year. It could be next year. They have not said either way.

Meia

I have no idea how you got to that conclusion. The conclusion is that we don't know what will be announced and when.

It could be this month. It could be this year. It could be next year. They have not said either way.

The conclusion, in other words, is "THIS TUESDAY FOR SURE! And if not this Tuesday, DEFINITELY THE NEXT!"

Sophia

The conclusion, in other words, is "THIS TUESDAY FOR SURE! And if not this Tuesday, DEFINITELY THE NEXT!"

If you want to hype yourself up Dantis-style, be my guest. Preferably not in a way that leads to confuse and anger tho. ;p

The one thing right now that is for certain is that they're going to do something special for the Atlus 25th anniversary next year. But that could be literally anything.

ST2K

That's what you were saying, yeah. The entire conversation seemed, to me, to have a tone that was resigned to waiting for an announcement next year. Perhaps that was just pessimism due to being let down a lot or something, I don't know.

Thanks for enlightening me though. I appreciate you interpreting for me.

Sophia

Anyone going around acting like nothing is going to get announced this year is a pessimist, a fool, or both. They're also being disingenuous to the community because they don't know to begin with. It's one thing to speculate, but a few of the posts here have seen one or two translations of Hashino's letter and immediately gone "PACK IT UP NOTHING THIS YEAR", and that doesn't help anyone. :(

In short: Speculation is good! Absurdity and absolutes are not! >_>;

Besides, if there was nothing to announce this year, the mods wouldn't have posted a thread about how there's stuff probably coming this year, eh? :D

ST2K

Fair enough. But I do think history would be a good guide. I looked, and apparently they only announced Persona 4 four months before it launched in Japan. I could be mistaken on that, but if true, then that doesn't seem like it would indicate a long lead time. Therefore, if we assume a summer release for Japan, as has been postulated, we probably shouldn't expect an announcement any time soon.

Of course, things change. But I'm working with what we have available to us. I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that it might be a ways off.

cjkeats

History is useless this time. First, there's the finical situation, and second, Persona has exploded in popularity now.

Persona 4 is a brand all by itself.

They'll have something special planned, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts we get it over here in a very short time period from JP release.

ST2K

They'll have something special planned, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts we get it over here in a very short time period from JP release.

They've gotten their recent projects over here in a couple month's time. I'm not sure they can do much better than that.

I'd love to be surprised though.

Squire

Banned
They've gotten their recent projects over here in a couple month's time. I'm not sure they can do much better than that.

I'd love to be surprised though.

Oh, but that's what he means! SMTIV came over two months later than Japan. I would be more than pleased to see them repeat that with P5. Anyone who's followed and JRPGs for some time knows that short a wait is trivial.

ST2K

Oh, but that's what he means! SMTIV came over two months later than Japan. I would be more than pleased to see them repeat that with P5. Anyone who's followed and JRPGs for some time knows that short a wait is trivial.

Ah. Yes, two months would be ideal. Hasn't Atlus usually gotten the big stuff over within six months anyway? I'm pretty much good with that window.

Squire

Banned
Remember Arena was only about a week wait. I'm sure there may have been other factors in that, but still. Impressive.

It's a fighting game though. The precedent is there for the genre.

But hey, anything is possible! If they were going to show it at E3 I imagine Atlus USA is more than in-the-loop.

Ah. Yes, two months would be ideal. Hasn't Atlus usually gotten the big stuff over within six months anyway? I'm pretty much good with that window.

Yeah, they average 6-7 months. I'd be fine with that, in all honesty, so 2-3 would be phenomenal.

cjkeats

It was clearly rushed, however. The final product is rife with typos.

Eh, I'll take quick release with typos over the kind of bugs in Soul Hackers. Text jumping out of the text window, random bits of Japanese left in(and clearly not intentional) and hard locks.
It's a fighting game though. The precedent is there for the genre.

But hey, anything is possible! If they were going to show it at E3 I imagine Atlus USA is more than in-the-loop.
They need to set a precedent for JRPGs :3

Sophia

It was clearly rushed, however. The final product is rife with typos.

I don't think that's always indicative of the release speed. As a counter-point I present to you Persona 3 Portable which had a much slower release table and was also loaded with typos and translation bugs.

ST2K

How long was the wait for P3/P4 to reach U.S shores? Was it like 4-7 months?

5 months for Persona 4, 13 months for Persona 3, 5 months for Catherine.

I don't really think Persona 3 is relevant any more, and I think Catherine will be a useful barometer considering it's a current generation multi-platform title.

Sophia

What's the point of this thread if not for fretting?

The main point of this thread would be to discuss how wonderful the Persona series is and more importantly, how the fact that Aigis is the best video game character ever! >_>

*runs*

Dantis

I don't think that's always indicative of the release speed. As a counter-point I present to you Persona 3 Portable which had a much slower release table and was also loaded with typos and translation bugs.

No way near as many as Arena. I'd also assumed it was due to the localisation time, combined with the pretty massive script.

Let me indulge you... with multiple hotties from Persona 1/2!

#inb4lewd

You can thank me later ;)

EDIT:

I'm not even looking for these, lol

That top picture is incredibly well drawn.

ST2K

The main point of this thread would be to discuss how wonderful the Persona series is and more importantly, how the fact that Aigis is the best video game character ever! >_>

*runs*

Why would we discuss blatant lies as facts?

Squire

Banned
all ya'll suckers just sit tight till we got something

life is busy and full of stuff, no point frettin' now

Trust me man, I don't.

No way near as many as Arena. I'd also assumed it was due to the localisation time, combined with the pretty massive script.

I'm sure you're very familiar with Arena's script, since you bought the game like the rest of us, right? ;)

Why would we discuss blatant lies as facts?

qb4Bish.gif

Meia

Still think they won't announce anything til the Index situation is resolved. But yeah, I don't expect much of a wait once it's announced, probably within the year. I still believe it'll be announced this year and come out next, especially now knowing it's an anniversary. It's probably why they wanted to get out SMT 4 when they did.

For better or worse, P4 is to Atlus as FFVII was to Square, so I'd almost say it's a definite we get Persona next year. Let's just hope there isn't a fall after it like we saw with Square(though that still took a good many years after). :p

It's the summer months though, and gaming is usually slow so not that surprised that's been what most of the talk here has been. I will say though, SMT 4 is amazing(fuck David still), and Ducktales Remastered has been great, especially since I never played the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom