• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

Unless you accept my challenge, your bottom line will read: "Has been" Courtesy of the People's Steak.

Senpai can't resist The People's Steak, Risette-kun.

I got a couple of challenges for you. I challenge you to get a decent haircut. Since you're a piece of crap, I challenge you to flush yourself down the commode.

^actual line from Stone Cold to the Rock

and THAT'S the bottom line, because Stone Cold Risette said so!

where is undertaker yukiko

hahaha, oh God.

Rest. In. Snrrrrrrrrrk.

*starts searching for Undertaker and Yukiko pictures*

Popping into this thread to issue the following statement:
ibpm65ODbIHS1P.png

Young Magus

When waifu's get attitude.

In all honesty I was about ready to retire Chie-rock.

U BETTER NEVER DELETE/RETIRE THE STEAK ONE!!

THE STEAK ONE HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE AVATAR THAT LEVITO'S CANDY ASS HAS DAWNED. BUT YOU WANTED TO CHANGED THINGS UP HUH LEVITO....

not really levito said:
w-well yeah I wan....

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND THE STEAK ONE WILL STAY!!!!

Musolf815

Man did I just miss a bunch of wrestling and Persona references?! I should have been here for them...kickin myself...

Hey did anyone see the Persona article in the new Gameinformer? It was a nice retrospective of the series. As far as I can tell there's no new information, except for a paragraph saying they don't want Persona to be watered down for a mainstream audience.

PK Gaming

So playing through Persona 1 is a lot easier than I anticipated. I'm just blasting through the game a pretty fast pace... Honestly guys, it's a really straightforward game, I have no idea where this "Persona 1 is unplayable" mentality came from (I think it's easier to play through than Persona 2:EP...)

That said, i'm only like 10 hours in so things might change.

Rude

So playing through Persona 1 is a lot easier than I anticipated. I'm just blasting through the game a pretty fast pace... Honestly guys, it's a really straightforward game, I have no idea where this "Persona 1 is unplayable" mentality came from (I think it's easier to play through than Persona 2:EP...)

Rude

you are in the worst dungeon in the game id say

Kazzy

Rude

I think it stems from the fact that the combat can seem slow and laborious, if not particularly challenging. That's not to mention that being an old RPG (relatively speaking), it has the tendency to embrace "random encounters" for all it's worth, reminding you why it's so roundly derided.

I've always thought that the negotiation system is clunky and inelegant too. I hate it.

PK Gaming

I think it stems from the fact that the combat can seem slow and laborious, if not particularly challenging. That's not to mention that being an old RPG (relatively speaking), it has the tendency to embrace "random encounters" for all it's worth, reminding you why it's so roundly derided.

I've always thought that the negotiation system is clunky and inelegant too. I hate it.

Actually, it feels like they've taken several steps to dramatically improve combat speed. There's a skip animation feature, and a command that lets you replay the last moves you used (you can even set "default" replay commands making it even easier to zoom through enemies). Difficulty-wise, i'm playing on normal, and it doesn't seem unreasonably hard. It's actually standard fare as far as Persona goes. (In fact, there are some really cheap early game Persona like "Phaleg" and "Lilim")

Negotiation is lucked based and stupid, but less stupid than Persona 2s, which is a plus in my book. Overall, I think it's a very playable game, and I honestly can't grasp the hate after playing it.

ST2K

I gave up following 90% of this thread ages ago. You guys go too fast with all the wrestling stuff and whatever! D:

I had a similar problem, but I think I've adopted a position of just ignoring everything and looking for keywords that hint at an actual conversation.

Sophia

I had a similar problem, but I think I've adopted a position of just ignoring everything and looking for keywords that hint at an actual conversation.

I try to stay on topic and in conversation as much as possible, so my posts are usually a good indicator of a convo. More so if Dantis or buddha is involved too.

I wonder what type of persona Atlus would summon....

Jack Frost, of course! It's their mascot after all.

Levito

Banned
I got a couple of challenges for you. I challenge you to get a decent haircut. Since you're a piece of crap, I challenge you to flush yourself down the commode.

and THAT'S the bottom line, because Stone Cold Risette said so!

Risette-kun, what you don't understand is this, The Steak has DONE IT ALL. She's done it all in Inaba. Which means Stone Cold Risette, she can see right through you...

"S-senpai, I used to hate being an idol... B-but now after some thought I weally do mwiss it. Yu-Spenai do you fwink I shwould go back in the spri-"

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU GO BACK.

Cause no matter hooooow hard you try to be 'Risette', you'll STILL just be that rooooody-poo CANDY ASS RISE. Which means, you're nothing when next to... The jabnori beating... NOMNOMNOMNOMNOOMM-MEAT EATING.Trail blazin'-Yukiko Savin'. Moped Ridin'-Trial of the Dragon stylin'. Crystal clear, HAVE NO FEAR. Take your foot of the GAS. AAAAALLLLWAYS ready to WHOOP SOME SHADOW ASS-THE PEOPLE'S WAIFU. THE STEAK.

Exodist

I played Persona on the normal difficulty and I also breezed through the entire game. It felt pretty easy, some fights in dungeons were annoying, but it was still doable, and the bosses weren't too bad. Then I got to the last boss and it just one shot my whole party. I think I was about level 50 and my party members were all 40. I made it to the last boss with relative ease, but I checked guides after I got stuck and apparently you need to be 60-70 or whatever just to do the last boss. I dunno, but the entire game felt easy and then suddenly the last boss just one shots me so I just gave up. Couldn't be bothered to grind 15 levels or whatever so I just left it.

My main problems with the game are it's just not really fun or accessible. Fusing personas seems to be an absolute bitch. Getting fusion cards is incredibly tedious and even worse, your party has to average the enemies level which was annoying. Every character has like 4 or 5 different options, 5 characters in a party (out of potentially more) and only one or two things would make a demon eager. I preferred Nocturne which kept the contact system much simpler, you just get lost with too many options and no real idea what to try other than trial and error. I just ended up using a chart so I knew since I got sick of trying every option after the first hour. Then after getting the cards, different personas have different affinities with certain characters which cock blocked me a fair few times. Just fusing personas in that game wasn't fun for me at all, the modern SMT games got it right for me. They made it pretty simple and addictive, you could fuse multiple demons and it was easy to do, allowing you to experiment freely without much punishment and try to earn all sorts of demons, whereas it doesn't really seem to happen on this. Maybe I just sucked at the game, but I found it pretty annoying.

Also the battle system sucked. It seems like a good idea, but I didn't find it as strategic as something like Enchanted Arms (which in its own right wasn't a great game). Again, just ended up being really tedious and annoying and just not really fun. That's what I found with the original Persona. It wasn't hard, just very tedious in terms of most of the games mechanics and just not very fun. I managed to slog through most of the game but the sudden end boss barrier was too much.

Young Magus

Jack Frost, of course! It's their mascot after all.

Man how could I forget, I a horrible SMT fan :'(

Risette-kun, what you don't understand is this, The Steak has DONE IT ALL. She's done it all in Inaba. Which means Stone Cold Risette, she can see right through you...

"S-senpai, I used tp hate being an idol... B-but now after some thought I weally do mwiss it. Yu-Spenai do you fwink I shwould go back in the spri-"

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU GO BACK.

Cause no matter hooooow hard you try to be 'Risette', you'll STILL just be that rooooody-poo CANDY ASS RISE. Which means, you're nothing when next to... The jabnori beating... NOMNOMNOMNOMNOOMM-MEAT EATING.Trail blazin'-Yukiko Savin'. Moped Ridin'-Trial of the Dragon stylin'. Crytal clear, HAVE NO FEAR. Take your foot of the GAS. AAAAALLLLWAYS read you WHOOP SOME SHADOW ASS-THE PEOPLE'S WAIFU. THE STEAK.

ROCKY, ROCKY, ROCKY

Buddha, you were always baller. Now you super baller. Soon you'll be Baller 64

Naw son, its the DARK SOULS of Persona, so Nocturne must be the tougher, more challenging Demon's Souls!

Does that make the first two (three?) SMT games Kings Field?

Man how could I forget, I a horrible SMT fan :'(

ROCKY, ROCKY, ROCKY

Buddha, you were always baller. Now you super baller. Soon you'll be Baller 64

Does that make the first two (three?) SMT games Kings Field?

Yea but what does that make SJ?

Impressive, but have you slain the Red Rider?

No, but I am on a Fiend Hunt, I will not go to my new game + until they are all slain!

Black Rider just spawned.

Levito

Banned
^403 Jello

Does SMTIV utilize the dual screens well? Like is it a game that'd need a big overhaul of work on say the Vita?

Naw son, its the DARK SOULS of Persona, so Nocturne must be the tougher, more challenging Demon's Souls!

I've actually found Dark Souls to be tougher than Demon's Souls for the most part.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
^403 Jello

Does SMTIV utilize the dual screens well? Like is it a game that'd need a big overhaul of work on say the Vita?

I've actually found Dark Souls to be tougher than Demon's Souls for the most part.

You gotta copy/paste Famitsu links, Levito-chan.

I peeked in expecting you guys to be talking about this already. YOU PEOPLE ARE SLOW.

RIP IN PEACE DANTIS

I just saw this on twitter!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Anyone know Trigger's phone number?

Call him to make sure he's alive, he may have just died from excitement.

Yuka-tan in full effect.

Young Magus

Yea but what does that make SJ?
Another Kings Field game?!?

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!? AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SH########TTTTT

^403 Jello

Kinda, there's no touch like features in the game and a vita version wouldn't be TOO hard to handle. But the game shows that the 3ds is a good suit for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom