• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day PersonaGAF is going to meet in Japan, but not for this movie. :p

I think one of the concerts is something some of us have to do, as non-Japanese speakers can still follow that event without too much effort.

I'm game. I've wanted to go to Japan for a long while anyways, so this would make a good excuse to get off my butt and start saving some cash.

Squire

Banned

I think one of the concerts is something some of us have to do, as non-Japanese speakers can still follow that event without too much effort.

Agreed. It's kind of ridiculous how pleased I was watching at that at 3AM in the morning and not understanding a word. I basically got no sleep that night

kewlmyc

Meeting with a bunch of people I've never met, in a location I've never been to, surrounded by a language I don't understand. Fuck it, I'm game.

Haha, I did the same thing. Great ending though.

On a completely unrelated note, I did a proper version of my Yukari/Dragon's Crown crossover today.
Lookin' Spiffy there Dantis, good job man
Meeting with a bunch of people I've never met, in a location I've never been to, surrounded by a language I don't understand. Fuck it, I'm game.

Sounds like it could be an excellent adventure, should money ever work out in my favor to allow it I'd definitely be down for that

Astra

PersonaGAF meet in Japan? Hell yeah!
If I were capable of saving money, I'd be down for that. Buut, when I see something I want, I tend to buy it. PC games on sale are the worst offender.

On a completely unrelated note, I got my capture card all set up, and started a Let's Play of Dark Souls with a friend, and started uploading the episodes.

Exodist

Well I just played and finished Persona 2 Innocent Sin over the past week. It was pretty good, much better than Persona 1 (which I thought was pretty shit). The story was a bit dumb in a lot of places, but I really enjoyed the characters and the character drama. It felt more like something in P3 and P4, whereas in comparison P1 had really boring and forgettable characters, something I wouldn't expect from a Persona game. That said, the gameplay was a big improvement. Better battle system, better level system (hated that your characters had separate level and Persona level, also they gained different EXP depending on involvement, so most of my characters just got nothing) and just generally a lot less annoying and tedious. The fusing was a bit disappointing. I usually enjoy SMT because you can just get a bunch of demons and whatever and just fuse them up and see what combinations you can get, whereas P2 doesn't really allow for this at all. You kinda just have to look at the list, see what's there, decide what you want, then go out and grind cards for it. The amount of cards you got was fine, but it still took a lot away from what I enjoy about collecting demons in an SMT game. That said, it was a fun game, did it in about 20 hours entirely on normal, fusion spells were pretty strong when you got the good combos. Lisa is my P2 waifu, but no one has topped Chie yet. Might play Eternal Punishment some day.

PK Gaming

So about that P4A manga

tumblr_ms3ct3DE0c1s359a0o1_250.png

There's more:
tumblr_ms2qbidjKB1s359a0o1_250.png
tumblr_ms2qbidjKB1s359a0o2_250.png

tumblr_ms3ct3DE0c1s359a0o2_250.png
tumblr_ms3qpvxIh91s359a0o1_250.png

Oh and apparently there's another Persona 4 manga.

source

PK Gaming

Aren't those pictures just from the first volume of the P4A manga? What's special about them?

I assumed that most of the users in this thread haven't seen them yet.

The tumblr owner has a link to a bunch of chapters, and is currently working on chapter 6-10. I probably should have stated that in my opening post, haha.

johnsmith

remember me
Nice stuff. I want to get a Rise one of these days and that Lisa too before she becomes overly hard to get for a decent price.
How's the Arena Rise? I have a hard time picking out a Rise figure I actually like.

Wave's Rise is much better. That's this one http://myfigurecollection.net/item/9875
She's been out for a while, but she got a rerelease, so she's still pretty affordable. She's only about 5,000 yen opened, like here http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1324587.html

The newer Megahouse Rise based on P4A is a disappointment. Like Yukiko, they're just doing an awful job with the Persona line. I have Chie preordered, but that'll probably be the last one I buy. Since she was an exclusive she's a lot more expensive, about 10,000 yen on mandarake. Definitely not worth it compared to the much better Wave version.

The Lisa Silverman figure is pretty good. She didn't blow me away, but I don't regret getting her either. She didn't sell very well so you can actually grab her pretty cheaply, about $41.60 shipped to the US. http://plamoya.com/en/persona-2-innocent-sin-lisa-silverman-pvc-figure-p-54368.html

cjkeats

Wave's Rise is much better. That's this one http://myfigurecollection.net/item/9875
She's been out for a while, but she got a rerelease, so she's still pretty affordable. She's only about 5,000 yen opened, like here http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1324587.html

The newer Megahouse Rise based on P4A is a disappointment. Like Yukiko, they're just doing an awful job with the Persona line. I have Chie preordered, but that'll probably be the last one I buy. Since she was an exclusive she's a lot more expensive, about 10,000 yen on mandarake. Definitely not worth it compared to the much better Wave version.

The Lisa Silverman figure is pretty good. She didn't blow me away, but I don't regret getting her either. She didn't sell very well so you can actually grab her pretty cheaply, about $41.60 shipped to the US. http://plamoya.com/en/persona-2-innocent-sin-lisa-silverman-pvc-figure-p-54368.html

Nice! Sad to hear about the Arena line. I don't really like the Wave figures pose, but eh, I can deal. I'll pick that one up when I get the cash.
As for Lisa, I'm okay with her being average, it's a P2 figure. That's a rare thing on it's own! And my favourite P2 character design at that.
Thanks for the info!

kewlmyc

I own the Megahouse Yu and he seems alright. I haven't taken him out of the box yet though, since I plan on moving soon.

I really like Shuuji Sogabe's art, I just wish he did more stuff beyond the Persona manga, God Eater designs and that one shitty Imageepoch game.

Dantis

I've already told you, I'm really going to try to go to the next one.

IT'S HAPPENING.

Also that P4A manga is really well drawn.

kewlmyc

Realistically, how much would an endeavor like this cost?

Dantis

Realistically, how much would an endeavor like this cost?

I was asking my friend, and he said it would be about £600 to fly from the UK to Japan (And back, presumably?). Tickets are something like $100. Then you have to account for spending money, hotel fees and food, which will add a fair few more hundred onto there.

If they announce one for next year, I'll be looking to save about £1500 for it.

It would be a very expensive endeavor.

cj_iwakura

I was asking my friend, and he said it would be about £600 to fly from the UK to Japan (And back, presumably?). Tickets are something like $100. Then you have to account for spending money, hotel fees and food, which will add a fair few more hundred onto there.

Japan's the otaku pilgrimage anyway, so you may as well eventually. Just make sure to check out Akihabara and the arcades(a relic of ancient times).

Omikaru

Yup. I'm hoping I can afford the 2014 show, but realistically it'll probably be 2015 for me. I'm not sure I can raise £1500+ dedicated to this in a year. That said, it may be cheaper as I could be living in Asia around that time. I'd have to see how rock solid my plans are when the tickets go on sale, and just go from there.

Gamerloid

Japan would be on my list of places to go for a vacation if I ever got my finances stabilized.

Japan is on my list as well. It's just a matter of when, and it's no time soon >_>

Cause you know, I don't have the finances for it either. One day though.

Meia

Japan would be on my list of places to go for a vacation if I ever got my finances stabilized.

This, which I'm now working a second job to accomplish this. Hoping to be out of debt by Feb, then I can actually start saving for the first time in my life. :p

In the meantime, I'll go fire up Rosetta Stone so I can at least understand some words over there when I eventually go. :)

Dantis

Japan's the otaku pilgrimage anyway, so you may as well eventually. Just make sure to check out Akihabara and the arcades(a relic of ancient times).

I think it would be a stretch to consider me an otaku, haha.

Yup. I'm hoping I can afford the 2014 show, but realistically it'll probably be 2015 for me. I'm not sure I can raise £1500+ dedicated to this in a year. That said, it may be cheaper as I could be living in Asia around that time. I'd have to see how rock solid my plans are when the tickets go on sale, and just go from there.

It would be amazing if multiple people from here actually manged to make it. A PersonaGAF meet-up at PML would be insane.

I would want to go to Tokyo some time, but not for the omg vidyagaem/animu aspect. You would probably find me at Mt Fuji or someplace rathe than Akibahara.

Sophia

I would want to go to Tokyo some time, but not for the omg vidyagaem/animu aspect. You would probably find me at Mt Fuji or someplace rathe than Akibahara.

Yeah I'd be more interested in the culture and lifestyle than visiting Akibahara. Although I would like to step in there just for a souvenir to take home or something.

Plus if I went, it'd be with family who have no interest in that stuff. I'd rather they see the historical sites and such. And the restaurants.

Jintor

The trick is to get someone else to pay for you going to Japan first.
Like I did in 2010 when THQ flew me over to go to TGS.

Or to get paid to go to Japan. Either works.

Realistically if I JET in a major/minor metropolitan area in Japan I can shinkansen to whereever and it'll cut costs down to something manageable. If Persona Live is around the same time though probably wouldn't be able to go unless I was staying more than a year...

kewlmyc

That's cheaper than I thought it would be. I could actually make a 2014 or 2015 show. Would have to learn some Japanese though.

Marche90

My realistic date to be able to go to Japan/PML is 2015. I wouldn't be able to do anything next year, since I would be just getting out of college (need to get a job first before doing any serious money-saving)

Realistically if I JET in a major/minor metropolitan area in Japan I can shinkansen to whereever and it'll cut costs down to something manageable. If Persona Live is around the same time though probably wouldn't be able to go unless I was staying more than a year...

This could work, too. Asking for a scholarship, too, if you want to study there.
What I'm planning to do as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom