• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Yu as Tatsuya
Yosuke as Eikichi
Chie as Ulala
Yukiko as Maya
Rise as Lisa
Kanji as Baofu
Naoto as Katsuya
Teddie as Jun

Not the easiest parallels to draw between the casts. Also Jun's outfit is pretty bland, even for school uniforms.

I AM NOTICING A DISTINCT LACK OF MAKI.

Narukami is obviously going to be Tatsuya. I was thinking Yukiko as Maya too. Chie as Ulala works. So does Rise as Lisa. I was thinking Kanji could be Nanjo, Teddie as Jun works. Naoto as Maki.

Thoughts?

PK Gaming

Omen is fine. Memories of The City is better. Snowflakes is best.

If I were to draw the P4 characters dressed as the P2 characters, who would be who? I'm not sure why I haven't thought of doing this before now.

Throwing out some ideas:

Yu Narukami with Tatsuya's school outfit(duh), Yukiko with Yukino's outfit, Chie with Ulala's outfit, Rise with Elly's outfit and Teddie with Baofu's outfit. Oh and Kanji with Reiji's outfit(though he's technically a P1 character)

Or hell, Yukiko with Tatsuya's red jumpsuit.

it's like i'm ordering from a menu

Daimaou

I AM NOTICING A DISTINCT LACK OF MAKI.

Narukami is obviously going to be Tatsuya. I was thinking Yukiko as Maya too. Chie as Ulala works. So does Rise as Lisa. I was thinking Kanji could be Nanjo, Teddie as Jun works. Naoto as Maki.

Thoughts?

I didn't even think of any of the returning P1 characters. Ultimately I'd say just go with your gut and what you feel you'd like to draw.

Caladrius

Interesting! I'd never given much thought to Ken's personas before.
The part about his identity shifting makes so much sense, I absolutely love all these details they incorporate into the designs. Though knowing that about Nemesis makes its goofy appearance seem rather unnerving >_>. Now that I think about it, Nemesis represents retribution and revenge doesn't she? Just clocked that connection now, heh.

Could you provide some insight into Palladion and Athena? I've already looked into them but I'm interested in if you've noticed something I haven't. Oh, and Caesar! His design had me stumped for a while.

I'm not sure if I have much to actually add, but Palladion is a hollow shell of war, being nothing more than an animated spear/machinegun in a humanoid casing. Pallas Athena's humanoid parts are actually fully autonomous and seem cognizant judging by her gestures. Her features also look somewhat more humanlike and her face is brightly colored to stand out more, much like how a face is the most distinctive part of a human, being a window into their emotions and intentions. The shield also points to her becoming more of a guardian as opposed to an attacker. The protagonist is Aigis's sword, she is their shield.

Caesar is a strong, virtuous leader, being a paragon of strength and morals to those who follow and admire him.
Caesar's two most notable features are the black and white color scheme and the hole in his chest with some sort of figure inside. The black/white scheme is basically a symbol of his reconciliation with Shinjiro, whose death has left a whole in his heart. Despite that, his memory and ideals (the figure) remain and are now a source of power that Caesar draws his strength from (notice how his face and musculature are all black.) Though he draws strength from Shinjiro/Castor he still has the mind and ideals of Akihiko/Pollux, with his white head, garb and sword. On a last little note notice the globe (his world) are both black and white

I'm not sure if I have much to actually add, but Palladion is a hollow shell of war, being nothing more than an animated spear/machinegun in a humanoid casing. Pallas Athena's humanoid parts are actually fully autonomous and seem cognizant judging by her gestures. Her features also look somewhat more humanlike and her face is brightly colored to stand out more, much like how a face is the most distinctive part of a human, being a window into their emotions and intentions. The shield also points to her becoming more of a guardian as opposed to an attacker. The protagonist is Aigis's sword, she is their shield.

Caesar is a strong, virtuous leader, being a paragon of strength and morals to those who follow and admire him.
Caesar's two most notable features are the black and white color scheme and the hole in his chest with some sort of figure inside. The black/white scheme is basically a symbol of his reconciliation with Shinjiro, whose death has left a whole in his heart. Despite that, his memory and ideals (the figure) remain and are now a source of power that Caesar draws his strength from (notice how his face and musculature are all black.) Though he draws strength from Shinjiro/Castor he still has the mind and ideals of Akihiko/Pollux, with his white head, garb and sword. On a last little note notice the globe (his world) are both black and white

Yeah, I came to the same conclusions! You've got me back into reading about the mythology, heh.
I hadn't given much consideration as to why they call her Pallas Athena and not just plain Athena. Apparently Athena accidentally killed her friend Pallas, and she took the name out of remorse. I guess considering the events before Palladion's transformation there is a very loose connection there.

And this has reminded me of one of the bigger reasons I like Persona so much. I have a keen interest in character design, psychology and mythology, and the way Persona wraps it up into a neat little package blows my little mind sometimes.

EDIT: Although, not sure what you mean about the world being black and white, certainly looks blue and green to me, but the point still stands.

Caladrius

Yeah, I came to the same conclusions! You've got me back into reading about the mythology, heh.
I hadn't given much consideration as to why they call her Pallas Athena and not just plain Athena. Apparently Athena accidentally killed her friend Pallas, and she took the name out of remorse. I guess considering the events before Palladion's transformation there is a very loose connection there.

And this has reminded me of one of the bigger reasons I like Persona so much. I have a keen interest in character design, psychology and mythology, and the way Persona wraps it up into a neat little package blows my little mind sometimes.

EDIT: Although, not sure what you mean about the world being black and white, certainly looks blue and green to me, but the point still stands.

My bad, I was using this image as a reference and it's desaturated to hell.

Any time anyone has a unique Persona, the design is also unique too. Yukari's Isis looks different from the playable Isis in Persona 4 for example.

And they gave Cerberus 3 heads in P3. I mean, WUT.
:p

Dojima as Katsuya

Or nanako as ixquic

PERFECT.

It's great they use such underpinnings for the design. It looks random, but gains form the more you know of them. A neat feature on it is that if you don't "get" this stuff, most blows right on by, unnoticed (this is big for some people).

It, like the great music, would wound all Atlus games if lost.

Daimaou

I don't think Caesar's design has as much to do with Akihiko as it does with contrasting the legacy of Caesar with the fact that Caesar was just another small human being.

I suppose there's no reason it can't be both, though.

Caladrius

Sounds like a good way to get burns in a sensitive area.

family_guy_thats_nasty1_Mo_s_creatures_mod_for_MINECRAFT_D-s480x306-145146-580.jpg

Can PersonaGAF go for one day without mentioning something horrible?

Gamerloid

I have this thing, where the more people tell me something is shit, the more I wantneed to see it myself.
Especially when they act like it committed a crime against their families.

I'm the same way lol. If something really is as bad as I heard, I'll end up showing someone else for fun.

Rhapsody

Banned
I have this thing, where the more people tell me something is shit, the more I wantneed to see it myself.
Especially when they act like it committed a crime against their families.

That's how it was for me on the first Persona anime lol

I'll only do it if it isn't too time consuming though.

Cerberus is rather appropriate, given he guards the entrance to Tartarus/The Underworld in Greek Mythology.

Orpheus charmed Cerberus to sleep at one point in the myths as well to get into Tartarus.
Yeah, just as Cerberus guards the land of the dead, Koro continues to guard the shrine of his dead master. It's pretty cool. Such a kickass design too with those pointed heads and wings. Nothing beats Athena though.

Caladrius

I wish Soejima and the other persona artists did some work for the mainline games. I would've shit myself if they had done the Archangels instead. (I'm in the camp that mostly likes them
Except Uriel
but the quirky high-tech designs for most of the persona would've translated amazingly and it would mesh better with the rest of the heavenly host, especially Metatron.)

v2g3.png

Postitive Thinking: The Ultimate in Whoop Ass Time

Post 8989 must mean its true, I heard rumors about that number, and it is building my positive thinking.

cjkeats

Postitive Thinking: The Ultimate in Whoop Ass Time

Post 8989 must mean its true, I heard rumors about that number, and it is building my positive thinking.

I just got to a scene in IS where Maya's theme started playing again and I got to thinking about how I'd like her to show up just to hear a updated version of that.

Imagine her reveal trailer. Fighting happening, all of a sudden a phone starts ringing from the shadows playing her ringtone, "Did someone call and order some WHOOP-ASS TIME?".

I just got to a scene in IS where Maya's theme started playing again and I got to thinking about how I'd like her to show up just to hear a updated version of that.

Imagine her reveal trailer. Fighting happening, all of a sudden a phone starts ringing from the shadows playing her ringtone, "Did someone call and order some WHOOP-ASS TIME?".

well CJ, her theme would probably just be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UUlE-n_AFU

Sophia

Well that is pretty awesome. Sounds like the P4A version of Heartfelt Cry, which is what I was expecting anyways.

No surprise, it's Atsushi Kitajoh. He remixed Heartful Cry for P4A.

I only approve of Persona 2 characters being in Arena if this is their mirror match battle theme.

Dantis

No surprise, it's Atsushi Kitajoh. He remixed Heartful Cry for P4A.

I only approve of Persona 2 characters being in Arena if this is their mirror match battle theme.

The significance of that being the mirror match theme would be Konishi doing the OST. Which I would be alright with. He's much more interesting that Kitajoh.

Also Arena arrangement of Heartful Cry is a bit yuck.

Caladrius

Persona 2's really starting to weigh on my conscience...

I started Innocent Sin but I got stuck in that stupid bomb shelter and had to take a break. Then Saints Row IV and my Persona 4 replay happened. I used to have the same problem with Zelda games where I started them, got frustrated and didn't end up finishing them until over a year after I first bought them.

300th post.> _ >

Sophia

The significance of that being the mirror match theme would be Konishi doing the OST. Which I would be alright with. He's much more interesting that Kitajoh.

Also Arena arrangement of Heartful Cry is a bit yuck.

Nah. They've used non-Kitajoh tracks as the mirror match theme before. I just felt Konishi's version is stronger than either of the actual P2 battle themes. As far as fighting game tracks go anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom