• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Dantis, I never asked, why did you draw Yukiko of all the characters for that SMTIV pic? Isn't she like your least fav P4 character?

Lunar15

Not to uh... stir the pot here, but can safely assume that we're not getting anything persona related around TGS? (I know Atlus doesn't usually show up there, but some of their announcements have been done around the same time, usually in Famitsu.) Before, I assumed we'd get something around TGS time, but since we just found out about P4A2 and the movie is coming up, it feels like Atlus is content with the amount of Persona this year.

Dantis

Wait, Dantis, I never asked, why did you draw Yukiko of all the characters for that SMTIV pic? Isn't she like your least fav P4 character?

Yukiko has my favourite design in P4. It's her character that I find boring. ;)

Not to uh... stir the pot here, but I'm guessing we can safely assume that we're not getting anything persona related around TGS? (I know Atlus doesn't usually show up there, but some of their announcements have been done around the same time, usually in Famitsu.) Before, I assumed we'd get something around TGS time, but since we just found out about P4A2 and the movie is coming up, it feels like Atlus is content with the amount of Persona this year.

I wonder if they're going to officially reveal P5 before Arena 2. Arena 2 was a loketest and then they went quiet. I'm not ruling it out just yet, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we were done for the year as far as new Persona products go.

Yukiko has my favourite design in P4. It's her character that I find boring. ;)

I wonder if they're going to officially reveal P5 before Arena 2. Arena 2 was a loketest and then they went quiet. I'm not ruling it out just yet, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we were done for the year as far as new Persona products go.

Oh yes, I understand that, but in my mind I have to tie the character design along with all their other traits, ya know?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
S9EdKfV.png

Gamerloid

Anyone think they'll be another P3P but for Vita? One that isn't gimped and includes The Answer. Seeing that there's the P3 Movie and Persona 3 Live Screen Play in 2014, an announcement for a Vita version would go well with everything else.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Anyone think they'll be another P3P but for Vita? One that isn't gimped and includes The Answer. Seeing that there's the P3 Movie and Persona 3 Live Screen Play in 2014, an announcement for a Vita version would go well with everything else.

I honestly want a HD port of DDS 1 & 2 more than a P3 port.

Of course, if they did make a P3 on Vita, I'd grab it.

I'd rather them finish up P5, then later on go for the p3 port.

Squire

Banned

We duscuss it quite often. People are tired of ports, but it makes pretty solid financial sense.

kewlmyc

Please.... no more ports. Please.

5 years and the only new thing that we've seen from the Atlus development team Persona wise is ports. I'm sick of them.

hao chi

We heard that P5 was supposed to be announced before TGS, and then we saw the P4A sequel. Obviously P4A2 is actually P5.

I may have found the quickest way to get on your ignore list. :p

Gamerloid

Please.... no more ports. Please.

5 years and the only new thing that we've seen from the Atlus development team Persona wise is ports. I'm sick of them.

That's half of what it takes to get a new SMT main entry.

We heard that P5 was supposed to be announced before TGS, and then we saw the P4A sequel. Obviously P4A2 is actually P5.

I may have found the quickest way to get on your ignore list. :p
Another Plot Twist:
Wii U exclusive.

PK Gaming

Chapter 3: Haha, they cut out the "Yosuke has to pee" bit.
Actually, I think the author might be a Yosuke fan. He's presented in a much more positive light in the manga. In fact, certain panels are narrated from his point of view.

"Everyday young life Junes!"

*Note: In the english version of the game, the theme song for Junes is "everyday's great at your Junes"

Yep, the manga is translated directly from the japanese version without any changes, so the characters talk weird and Teddie is Kuma. I don't think I can handle a Teddie who doesn't make bear puns...

Omikaru

Realistically if I JET in a major/minor metropolitan area in Japan I can shinkansen to whereever and it'll cut costs down to something manageable. If Persona Live is around the same time though probably wouldn't be able to go unless I was staying more than a year...

I've been considering JET, but it didn't work out so well last time I applied so I think I need to bolster my application a bit.

Thinking I'll do some time in Hong Kong or S. Korea before I consider Japan again, but JET is definitely something I want to do. But not in time for a potential PersonaGAF meetup, at any rate.

Anyone think they'll be another P3P but for Vita?

I'm starting to think that another release of P3 would be too much milking(even for Atlus), I think they'll just put a bunch of P3 characters in Climax and release the game on consoles instead of doing that. I could also see a P3-2 featuring the shadow operatives but I'm not sure who would make it.

Astra

It wouldn't surprise me.
I am with jello, though. I'd rather have P5 first, then see P3P(latinum) sometime later.

You like games. Congratulations, you're an otaku on some level. You don't have to like anime(but it obviously helps).

I like games and anime, but wouldn't consider myself an Otaku at all.
I don't obsess about any of those interests in the least. I have no figurines, or any other related paraphernalia. The most extra I have ever bought, was the P4 Solid Gold edition, and only because I wanted a case and shell for my Vita.

So merely liking games and/or anime doesn't make one an Otaku at all.

Caladrius

I wish I could simultaneously exist at all points in time (as a complete persona rather than a mass of inchoate particles.) so I could simultaneously experience all the tears and joy endlessly. It never ceases to entertain me.

Squire

Banned
Ooh, now I'm getting excited.

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

DISCLAIMER: Just a reminder that I don't work for Atlus and therefore cannot be held responsible what may or may not happen, when it does or does not happen. I'm not passing myself off as an insider, nothing I say is factual unless explicitly noted, and I mean no offense to anyone in this thread or otherwise.

Also, it doesn't necessarily need to be tomorrow. It's not like that's the last day of August.

Samyy

DISCLAIMER: Just a reminder that I don't work for Atlus and therefore cannot be held responsible what may or may not happen, when it does or does not happen. I'm not passing myself off as an insider, nothing I say is factual unless explicitly noted, and I mean no offense to anyone in this thread or otherwise.

Also, it doesn't necessarily need to be tomorrow. It's not like that's the last day of August.

Great now I'm too hyped to do anything now.
But also a little scared...
iOS/Andriod

Kazzy

I've been considering JET, but it didn't work out so well last time I applied so I think I need to bolster my application a bit.

Thinking I'll do some time in Hong Kong or S. Korea before I consider Japan again, but JET is definitely something I want to do.

For as long and belabored that process is, it at least it makes you really think about whether it's something that you actually want to do. Just keep in mind that staying in that sort of position too long (ALT), won't really improve your job prospects all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom