• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Nah. They've used non-Kitajoh tracks as the mirror match theme before. I just felt Konishi's version is stronger than either of the actual P2 battle themes. As far as fighting game tracks go anyhow.

Right, but the non-Kitajoh tracks they've used are all Meguro.

There's no Konishi tracks in the game, is my point.

Also my post is over 9000 and that joke is still totally relevant and funny.

Caladrius

Maaaan, I thought that was the arbitrary post requirement that would upgrade me to a member. I'll probably have to wait three months for that too.

Also, am I a terrible person for only listening to Video game music when I'm not playing the game?

Also, Morooka was the most wasted character from the game. He seems like he'd be the perfect "foil" party member that sticks out like a sore thumb with the rest of the group.

EMT0

Banned
Maaaan, I thought that was the arbitrary post requirement that would upgrade me to a member. I'll probably have to wait three months for that too.

Also, am I a terrible person for only listening to Video game music when I'm not playing the game?

Also, Morooka was the most wasted character from the game. He seems like he'd be the perfect "foil" party member that sticks out like a sore thumb with the rest of the group.

Morooka was so easy to hate though.
Like, I wasn't in the slightest bit upset when he died. I may have actually smiled.

Caladrius

Morooka was so easy to hate though.
Like, I wasn't in the slightest bit upset when he died. I may have actually smiled.

image.php

Meia

Kanji and the birth of Venus? I don't remember that at all? Is that a Golden add on or something? That's hilarious lol

Yep, when the gang goes to the beach after the summer festival.

The last picture in that dump is interesting, as I'm guessing that's the rank 10 lover's route with her, as I've never done that. Not sure she uses that line in the non-lover route. (P4 SPOILZ)
Interesting in that it's an exact line for line with something Izanami says when she first gets revealed at the end.

cjkeats

Oooookayy. IS. What a game.
Finished around levels 49-52, at 26hrs & 5mins just before the last battle. Easy mode.
SPOILER TIME
I quite enjoyed the ending. It was depressing as hell, but at the same time felt kinda happy? It's the same feelig P4 did where sure the world was fine and no one died, but you were still sad. Except IS was so much worse because everyone forgot each other.
I like how Narly was essentially a Voltron of daddy issues, having limbs representing each of the characters fathers. It was almost poetic in a way, considering all the characters had daddy issues in some form or another.
There was a scene late in the game where you realize that your thoughts are becoming reality and everyone warns each other to be careful what they think and then a villainous version of Eikichi's father shows up. It was basically "What did you do Ray?!" from Ghostbuster.
If EP didn't exist, that would still be a sad, depressing, but still satisfying ending. But seeing as EP exists, I'm very curious as to what happens next. I mean, they didn;t really stop the villian. Narly got away, they just merely stopped his plan this time. He even said himself he'll always be back.
All the P4A stuff now makes so much more sense now too.
I really liked the ending song too. A Persona game with a great ending song? Who'd have thought?

I'm gonna go back and do some of the Climax Theatre stuff before moving on to EP. The thought of going back to the PS1 version is painful, even more so after hearing about how much better EP PSP is over the IS port. Sigh.

Oh and "Climax Theatre"
"Persona 4 Arena Climax"
HRRRRMMMMM.
lol

Caladrius

A Persona game with a great ending song? Who'd have thought?

I'm gonna go back and do some of the Climax Theatre stuff before moving on to EP. The thought of going back to the PS1 version is painful, even more so after hearing about how much better EP PSP is over the IS port. Sigh.

Oh and "Climax Theatre"
"Persona 4 Arena Climax"
HRRRRMMMMM.
lol

Are you insinuating that Never More's choral version was a bad song? You must die.
I'm starting to think that name isn't a coincidence.

cj_iwakura

Finished around levels 49-52, at 26hrs & 5mins just before the last battle. Easy mode.
SPOILER TIME
I quite enjoyed the ending. It was depressing as hell, but at the same time felt kinda happy? It's the same feelig P4 did where sure the world was fine and no one died, but you were still sad. Except IS was so much worse because everyone forgot each other.
I like how Narly was essentially a Voltron of daddy issues, having limbs representing each of the characters fathers. It was almost poetic in a way, considering all the characters had daddy issues in some form or another.
There was a scene late in the game where you realize that your thoughts are becoming reality and everyone warns each other to be careful what they think and then a villainous version of Eikichi's father shows up. It was basically "What did you do Ray?!" from Ghostbuster.
If EP didn't exist, that would still be a sad, depressing, but still satisfying ending. But seeing as EP exists, I'm very curious as to what happens next. I mean, they didn;t really stop the villian. Narly got away, they just merely stopped his plan this time. He even said himself he'll always be back.
I really liked the ending song too. A Persona game with a great ending song? Who'd have thought?

Oh and "Climax Theatre"
"Persona 4 Arena Climax"
HRRRRMMMMM.
lol

EP and P1 have great ending songs too. EP's is the only one in the series sung by an American!

(I mean P1 PSP's at that, I don't even recall P1 vanilla's.)

Also:
did you punch him or thank him?

cjkeats

EP and P1 have great ending songs too. EP's is the only one in the series sung by an American!

(I mean P1 PSP's at that, I don't even recall P1 vanilla's.)

Also:
did you punch him or thank him?

I thanked him. I looked up what happens when you punch him and immediately regretted my choice. Goddamn.

PK Gaming

SPOILER TIME

Oh and "Climax Theatre"
"Persona 4 Arena Climax"
HRRRRMMMMM.
lol

Good stuff man, my reactions basically mirror yours, haha. P2:IS might have been a chore to play, but it had one damn good story.

I know I told you to hold off on EP at first, but when you do get around to playing it make sure you damn well finish it. The ending is even better.

@Dantis: Amazing drawing dude. Your drawings always get a lot better when you color them in.

Caladrius

Eh? How is this any different from seeing Lord of The Rings?

You're assuming I'm fine with the idea of episodic films in general. In all fairness to the filmmakers that's the only way you can recoup the costs of projects that ambitious, but the idea of paying for all those films makes my wallet shudder.

Omikaru

One day PersonaGAF is going to meet in Japan, but not for this movie. :p

I think one of the concerts is something some of us have to do, as non-Japanese speakers can still follow that event without too much effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom