• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

A friend of my friend said they talked to someone who's going out with an Atlus employee's brother and they said video games suck.

Gamerloid

Happy Persona 5 Announcement Eve everyone.

I don't know... It's 2013. Take note of the "3" at the end of 2013. This is the year of Persona 3 with the movie and live screen announcement. Next year is the year of Persona 4, we'll be seeing P4A2 in 2014. See? The "4" at the end is a big deal. 2015, the year of Persona 5!

ST2K

That would be a nice surprise for tomorrow.

I think I'll just assume it won't show and be pleasantly surprised if it does.

FluxWaveZ

Two years ago, Persona 4 Arena was announced alongside Persona 4 Golden on August 31, 2011 through a Famitsu issue.

About two weeks later, on September 16, 2011, Arc System Works and Atlus held a stage event at TGS showing off Persona 4 Arena.

I guess that's just to say that the only thing we should be sure of seeing anytime soon, Persona related, is P4A2 at TGS.

Squire

Banned
Just throwing this out there (again): Nothing says it's Tuesday (any Tuesday) or nothing at all.

Atlus wouldn't be the first company to reveal something outside of Famitsu and certainly wouldn't be the last. They could throw up a teaser site and it'd be in magazines, i dunno, later.

FluxWaveZ

If I were to bet:

- Persona 4 Arena 2/Climax official unveil at TGS or shortly before through Famitsu (maybe this week).
- Persona 5 announcement Q1 2014.
- No new Persona 3 edition announced in 2013.

We should also be hearing news of Index acquisition details relatively soon. If not this week, the next.

Sophia

If I were to bet:

- Persona 4 Arena 2/Climax official unveil at TGS or shortly before through Famitsu (maybe this week).
- Persona 5 announcement Q1 2014.
- No new Persona 3 edition announced in 2013.

We should also be hearing news of Index acquisition details relatively soon. If not this week, the next.

This is a fairly reasonable and logical bet. Which naturally means it will not happen. :)

We will definitely hear about the Index acquisition however. They were looking to get that done before the end of August.

Squire

Banned
This is a fairly reasonable and logical bet. Which naturally means it will not happen. :)

We will definitely hear about the Index acquisition however. They were looking to get that done before the end of August.

Persona 4 Arena 2

was revealed

in a random

location test

Logic has been toppled already.

Acid08

Banned
Is it actually a sequel? Everything they're adding sounds like it's just an AE like update.

That said, so hyped for Yukari. Now all they need to do is make a damn figure of her.

kewlmyc

Is it actually a sequel? Everything they're adding sounds like it's just an AE like update.

That said, so hyped for Yukari. Now all they need to do is make a damn figure of her.

New locations, new gameplay type, and character select screen overall. Sounds like a sequel to me.

Or at least it's more of a SSFIV update than an AE one.

Sophia

It's a sequel. They're adding far too much just to be an update. Entire new mechanics (Shadow Types, Skillboosted Supers, etc.) They've changed the look of the UI and everything too.

Logic has been toppled already.

Clearly my smiley face was not good enough to indicate my sarcasm. :p

Acid08

Banned
It's a sequel. They're adding far too much just to be an update. Entire new mechanics (Shadow Types, Skillboosted Supers, etc.) They've changed the look of the UI and everything too.

Clearly my smiley face was not good enough to indicate my sarcasm. :p

New locations, new gameplay type, and character select screen overall. Sounds like a sequel to me.

Or at least it's more of a SSFIV update than an AE one.
Ah okay, so basically SSFIV or UMVC3 type of thing. Nice.

tumblr_mrp4pvEs3o1rvep16o2_500.png

Logash

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh I'd play P3 again on Vita. As long as it's a real game unlike that P3P crap.
P3P was not that bad. I liked everything about it better than P3 except the visuals. Vita remake would fix that. As much as I would love to play it on my Vita I am tired of hearing about remakes.

Dantis

Man, they really should have gotten Konishi to score Arena. His version of The Ultimate is a hundred times better than Kitajoh's.

Sophia

You've been saying for months it would be now!

What made you change your mind?

The Rule of Funny, really. When everyone is like "It'll definitely be tomorrow!" it's a lot more amusing to take the opposite stance. :p

Man, they really should have gotten Konishi to score Arena. His version of The Ultimate is a hundred times better than Kitajoh's.

I wasn't really fond of it originally, but now it's grown on me. It, Akihiko's theme, and Yukiko's theme stand out over the other three tracks.

I really hope Konishi is involved with Climax's scoring. Even if it's just remixes of what Kitajoh and Meguro put out.

Dantis

So guys, this is nothing Persona related, but whatever.

I'm doing the DOA5U OT. When should I put it up? The game comes out in the US in a week, but I don't know if it's worth putting it up a week early considering that it's a re-release.

Also I need title suggestions. All I have is "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| More Just Than A Pretty Face", but realistically that's a bit rubbish. SAVE ME PERSONAGAF.

Sophia

"Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| Everyone's a fighter."

Or, alternatively, you could use "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| Now Everyone's a Fighter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom