• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

That could still come at TGS, they did actually stage demo it there last time.

In my mind, there's no question that we'll be seeing it at TGS. The real matter, to me, was if we would see the game before then. I'm still holding out hope for this week, but if not then I suppose we might have to wait until TGS.

Levito

Banned
Has there been any more news about Climax since reveal?

Laura Bailey just retweeted me.

GUYS I'M IN GOOD WITH HER LET'S ASK HER TO BE ON THE PODCAST

Do it, though I'm not going to be back at my computer till the 4th.

Woot woot PAX, I'll interrogate an Atlus employee about P5 while I'm there.

Let me ask this: so P4 and P3 were all released in the month of July? And IIRC they got announced officially 6 months before correct?

Just like how SMT IV was? But SMT was like 7-8 months from official announcement till release.

So this means Japan won't get the game until July 2014 ... correct? =.= I can't believe all this hype is JUST for an official announcement. And that the release date is miles and miles and miles away. Kinda sad...

kewlmyc

In my mind, there's no question that we'll be seeing it at TGS. The real matter, to me, was if we would see the game before then. I'm still holding out hope for this week, but if not then I suppose we might have to wait until TGS.

I honestly doubt it.

Woot woot PAX, I'll interrogate an Atlus employee about P5 while I'm there.

If they won't say anything about Climax, why would they tell some random person classified info about a game that's not even announced yet?

kewlmyc

Hm... wanna bet?

Sure. Avatar bet or what?

I just don't think there's enough time for a P5 announcement right before TGS. Especially with all of this Index stuff going on. They've also never done a reveal at TGS before. TGS is mostly a showcase, not an announcement stage. I honestly doubt it'll be announced this year since Atlus announcements are usually 6 months before the games come out. Maybe an early 2014 announcement.

I was kidding, hence why I used the word interrogate. ;D

Ah, okay. I was confused since you tried the same thing at EVO. :p

FluxWaveZ

Sure. Avatar bet or what?

I just don't think there's enough time for a P5 announcement right before TGS. Especially with all of this Index stuff going on. They've also never done a reveal at TGS before. TGS is mostly a showcase, not an announcement stage. I honestly doubt it'll be announced this year since Atlus announcements are usually 6 months before the games come out. Maybe an early 2014 announcement.

Uh, to be clear, we are talking about Persona 4 Arena: Climax, right?

Squire

Banned

Wait, weren't you firm in believing its be announced Q1 2014? What changed your mind?

kewlmyc

Uh, to be clear, we are talking about Persona 4 Arena: Climax, right?

.....wow, I feel stupid now. I thought you were talking about P5. Sorry.

tumblr_mq971v7iGi1riul99o1_r2_500.gif

I'll stand by what I said though. I even doubt P4C will be at TGS either. P4C hasn't even been officially announced yet. Does ASW usually bring their Arcade games to TGS?

Sophia

If we don't get more information on P4C soon, my heart will break. I just can't take all this teasing when something actually exists. :(

FluxWaveZ

Difference was that P4A was already officially announced. If we don't hear anything next week, it won't be at TGS I think.

Hm, I don't agree with that at all. Even if there's no mention of it anytime before TGS, there's no doubt in my mind that it will be there.

So PersonaGAF, what games are you playing lately?

I am still doing things in Shin Megami Tensei IV before I move on to the law, chaos and nihilist path playthroughs. Such as hunting the remaining Fiends, the DLC bonus bosses, some of the VR challenge missions I have left, buying all the Ginza secret shop armor, and such. I also have Fire Emblem Awakening to start due to that deal. I am thinking of buying Donkey Kong Country Returns with my remaining credit.

I bought Soul Sacrifice and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ during that PS Vita sale. Soul Sacrifice is a great game with awesome atmosphere, and Ninja Gaiden is a fun as hell game, even if the port is subpar compared to Sigma 1+

I also bought Midnight Club: Los Angeles for 7 dollars on Xbox 360. Seems like good fun, and I wonder what took me so long to purchase it, as I was a great fan of Midnight Club: Street Racing, Midnight Club 2, and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix.

Jintor

I was playing SRIV until the latest PC patch broke it.

I finished TLOU and it wasn't as good as Dantis promised (a common theme)

I'm poking around at Ico

I'm going to finish Donkey Kong Country Returns if it fucking kills me and then I'm never playing platformers again because I realised that I hate them

I was playing SRIV until the latest PC patch broke it.

I finished TLOU and it wasn't as good as Dantis promised (a common theme)

I'm poking around at Ico

I'm going to finish Donkey Kong Country Returns if it fucking kills me and then I'm never playing platformers again because I realised that I hate them

what did the latest pc patch do?

also platformer hate :(

but if you hate platformers, then why Ico?

Jintor

2d side-scrolling platformers

it's not that i hate hate them, i just can't stick with them

latest SRIV patch broke weapons and saves. Waiting on a fix. Gonna see if my wifi is stable enough to get remote play Ico working on my Vita...

Playing Shinobido 2. Best Vita game so far. Nothing more fun than throwing giant exploding sushi at guards.

Also trying to complete Shadow of the Colossus (through remote play) but it's extremely frustrating so far. Can't progress past the first Colossi because i keep falling off every 2 seconds.

Playing Shinobido 2. Best Vita game so far. Nothing more fun than throwing giant exploding sushi at guards.

Also trying to complete Shadow of the Colossus (through remote play) but it's extremely frustrating so far. Can't progress past the first Colossi because i keep falling off every 2 seconds.

That series is the spiritual successor to Tenchu right? I should try that out sometime. I liked Tenchu Z, a game most didn't lol.

Squire

Banned
I'm playing Saints Row IV, Ace Attorney 3, and Sweet Fuse.

Saints Row IV is the best open-world game this generation so far, I'd say. Super fun and funny with incredibly tight design. I'm not sure GTA V will be able to top it in those regards and I don't make that claim lightly, I assure you.

I've only done the intro case of AA3, but I loved it. Best opener yet. It's really cool to see some characters history and the case totally delivers on Mia's portrayal. She's written so well. About AA2: Finished that recently. Not perfect. Still great. Probably one of my favorite endings in a video game and I'm just totally in love with the games overarching message. Ace Attorney is truly a special series.

Sweet Fuse, I'm playing for review, but also to sate my own deepening curiosity about the visual novel genre. I've played the first chapter. I think it's great so far and Aksys' localization skills are still on point. The humor is excellent and the main character is wonderful. In a perfect world, we'd have many more like her.

Sophia

Donkey Kong County Returns isn't that great of a platformer. It has a lot of control issues be you playing the original Wii game or the 3DS. Still can't believe you have to switch between Directional Pad and Circle Pad in the menus.

As for me, I'm mostly playing games in my backlog while playing Guild Wars 2 on and off.

Meia

Playing FFXIV because after playing WoW for 9 years and my guild of the same time falling apart recently I SO needed to jump into another damn MMO. :p

Also playing Far Cry 3 for the first time, and having no problems with the storyline
as it's somewhat more interesting knowing going into it that the story itself is just a fabrication, otherwise the cheesiness probably would have made me stop.

Other than that, been playing AA2 on my DS after buying the games over again after the iOS release, and SMT 4 when able. Saint's Row 4 is calling to me, but I still haven't played any games in the series, and this is after owning 3 for over a year. Will probably go through 3 next after Far Cry.

Donkey Kong County Returns isn't that great of a platformer. It has a lot of control issues be you playing the original Wii game or the 3DS. Still can't believe you have to switch between Directional Pad and Circle Pad in the menus.

As for me, I'm mostly playing games in my backlog while playing Guild Wars 2 on and off.

Most people who talk about this game praise it, any other issues I should know of?

Playing FFXIV because after playing WoW for 9 years and my guild of the same time falling apart recently I SO needed to jump into another damn MMO. :p

Also playing Far Cry 3 for the first time, and having no problems with the storyline
as it's somewhat more interesting knowing going into it that the story itself is just a fabrication, otherwise the cheesiness probably would have made me stop.

Other than that, been playing AA2 on my DS after buying the games over again after the iOS release, and SMT 4 when able. Saint's Row 4 is calling to me, but I still haven't played any games in the series, and this is after owning 3 for over a year. Will probably go through 3 next after Far Cry.

Yes, DEF play Saints Row The Third before this, and if you want to go the extra mile, you could play Saints Row 2. Avoid Saints Row, its a mediocre, bland game in a series full of creative and fun games.

Sophia

Most people who talk about this game praise it, any other issues I should know of?

Not really. The controls are the only make or break issue. If you can get past them, you'll probably enjoy it. Me? The 3DS is enough of a headache as it is, so I can't stand having to deal with stupid control issues on top of that.

I mentioned it on Twitter when I rented it, and Dantis agreed with me on it. So that should tell you how big of an issue the controls are.

Not really. The controls are the only make or break issue. If you can get past them, you'll probably enjoy it. Me? The 3DS is enough of a headache as it is, so I can't stand having to deal with stupid control issues on top of that.

Oh yea, I forgot your 3ds control issues. I think I will be fine then! What games ARE on your backlog that you want to get to anyways?

I have been thinking for some reason I should just finish Assassin's Creed 3 already, I am near the end, but eeeeeeh.

Sophia

Oh yea, I forgot your 3ds control issues. I think I will be fine then! What games ARE on your backlog that you want to get to anyways?

I have been thinking for some reason I should just finish Assassin's Creed 3 already, I am near the end, but eeeeeeh.

The control issues are present in the Wii version too. At least there you can use homebrew to mod use of classic controller in. Which solves some problems, but doesn't solve the issue that they're slightly more floaty than the classic DKC games.

In the 3DS version, you have the option of two control schemes, but neither is perfect. Both of them have the issue of too much stuff bound to one button.

As for my backlog? I've got a huge amount of games through Steam sales that I haven't finished. Dust: An Elysian Tail being one of them.

The control issues are present in the Wii version too. At least there you can use homebrew to mod use of classic controller in. Which solves some problems, but doesn't solve the issue that they're slightly more floaty than the classic DKC games.

As for my backlog? I've got a huge amount of games through Steam sales that I haven't finished. Dust: An Elysian Tail being one of them.

I played the Wii one with the shitty waggle for a while, I think I can handle the 3ds one.

About the backlog? I feel you there. I have a mountain of games on mine, least of which is Lost Odyssey, but ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 OF ALL GAMES is compelling me to finish it, am I insane or a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom