• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemstar

So PersonaGAF, what games are you playing lately?
Finished first playthrough of SMT4 on Sunday; probably not touching it again for a while. Started Thomas Was Alone last night.

Not sure what's up next after that - probably going to stick to one of the fighters I actually play and not start anything with an involved singleplayer story, since time is going to be tight until November and playing a long game over the course of a few weeks just feels weird.

cjkeats

Haven't really had the urge to play much else after finishing IS the other day. Currently though I'm on my way to hopefully pick up Project Diva F, and if I can scrounge together some leftover credit I'll grab a PSN card and get Eternal Punishment.

In between I've been poking along in SMT IV at a snails pace and playing little bits of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature because I've been watching the anime Silver Spoon, which is about agriculture school and anything farming leads me to HM. For many this game(or 64) was their first waifu simulator.
Is that good? Always been curious.
It's weird. I can't figure out what I make of the bit I played. It's just, super weird.

Been playing some Persona 4 Arena, more than usual lately probably because the GAF tournament that's almost done. Same can be said about Guilty Gear AC+. Though I'm also trying to juggle a few games as well, mainly Dragon's Crown (Vita), Valkyria Chronicles, and No More Heroes (PS3), the latter I'm borrowing so I should jump back into it, don't want to hold onto it forever.

Caladrius

I've been trying to finish the Chaos Route in SMT IV, then I start the fiend hunt. Eurgh. I've also got to get DeSu2's golden ending, Nocturne and DDS to finish

Critcal Megaten Failure

SRIV on PS3, been looking forward to playing this alot. Interested in doing some co-op at some point, loved co-op in the third. FFXIV, first MMO since RFOnline and it's got me hooked deep, when ever I'm at home I find myself always having this turned on. Infact, it has stopped me from playing anything and everything else unless I have people round.

I have Soul Sacrifice on the Vita that I'm trying to finish up, online was fun on that game aswell. NLKS is out on PS+ as of today so I will start that. I also played my copy of P4A for the first time yesterday. Looking forward to playing some online, dust-off my arcade stick and put it to some good use.

Oh and I also loaded up Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour and Magic, as I no longer have anyone irl to play card games with.

I also bought Divekick on PS3/Vita

Marche90

Still plowing through SMTIV. I have been quite distracted this week so I've been going at it at a snail's pace.

Also replaying Prinny: CIRBTH on the PSP emulator. I never managed to finish it when I had my PSP, so I'm working on that. Still stupidly hard, but at least this time I have savestates, so I won't lose that much hair.

A whole buttload of Saints Row IV and Awesomenauts. The former because it's an amazing game and my second-favourite of the year, and the latter because I recently learned how to change my kill spree music to It Has To Be This Way (plus Swiggins is coming out tomorrow or so).

Everyone who played or is playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, how do you feel about it? It is one of my favorite Megaten games, in my top five.

Lunar15

I've been playing Guild Wars 2. A lot. It's bad. ._.

Other than that, I've been trying to break through SMTIV, but I'm having a hard time maintaining interest. It's not that I find the game bad, it's just that I'm not actually a huge RPG gamer, and it's usually the stories that propel me through. I kind of knew this was going to be an issue going in, but I wanted to give it a shot. Once GW2 settles down, I'll probably bust this out. So much of it is incredibly enjoyable, it's just hard to devote time to it.

EDIT: On the subject of DKCR, I had no issues with the controls on Wii. I totally get why people struggle with it though, so it's totally something to be aware of. If you can get past it, it's a stellar game. I was never too fond of the original DKC games, but DKCR blows them out of the water, in my opinion. Just... beware of difficulty.

Jintor

Yeah, I only really hit a fucking throw my 3DS at a wall curve in that loving volcano. Fuck that volcano. Fuck rocket levels. Fuck minecart levels.

Gamerloid

Everyone who played or is playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, how do you feel about it? It is one of my favorite Megaten games, in my top five.
So far I'm loving it. Turn Press is an excellent Battle System. Glad they kept it for this game. The story is finally unraveling, and really picking up. Soundtrack is great. I love the Demon Negotiation theme.

So is it worth it as a massive Donkey Kong Country 1/2 (3 was ok) fan? Probably yes right?
I loved the original Donkey Kong Country, so I can tell you straight up that Returns is just as great, if not better. Hard game trying to collect everything though.

TWILT

Banned
Aside from some Animal Crossing here and there, I'm also playing SMTIV (on 2nd playthrough).

For something a little older, I'm finishing up Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Really enjoyed it. And on the fightan game side of things, I'm messing around in Divekick and still practice in Marvel.

One of my favorite JRPGs this gen. Not a game for everyone, but still really fun once you get the hang of it.

One of my GotYs easily. Loved it.

Astra

Fallout: New Vegas and at some point I'll finish Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

I was also playing New Vegas not long ago. There were a couple endings I haven't seen, and a companion quest I still had to do. I finished those endings, and companion quest, and now I am taking a small break from it before I do all the DLC. I've yet to play OWB or LR.
I also need to finish Dark Arisen.

Currently, though, I am playing Dark Souls with a friend as we do our Let's Play.
Playing Tales of Xillia and New Little Kings Story.

Uncle AJ

I got back into Left 4 Dead 2. Which is just wasted time - like the time people associate with grinding in MMOs - because I already played it for nearly 1000 hours a few years back. But it's too easy to just fire up Steam and play it without having to get up from my chair and have fun without thinking too much - I've memorized the campaign layouts like the back of my hand.

A little Divekick here and there, nothing too serious. And of course P4A, some Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + (split between AC+ and AC+R, for the GAF tournament and local tournaments, respectively)

I'm about 25 hours into SMT4 and have been enjoying it, but I haven't touched it since I got back from my trip. I rarely have the urge to play portable games at home, no matter how good they are.

Trigger

I was also playing New Vegas not long ago. There were a couple endings I haven't seen, and a companion quest I still had to do. I finished those endings, and companion quest, and now I am taking a small break from it before I do all the DLC. I've yet to play OWB or LR.
I also need to finish Dark Arisen.

Currently, though, I am playing Dark Souls with a friend as we do our Let's Play.
Playing Tales of Xillia and New Little Kings Story.

Yeah, New Vegas is a monster with all the DLC content.

Levito

Banned

I am still doing things in Shin Megami Tensei IV before I move on to the law, chaos and nihilist path playthroughs. Such as hunting the remaining Fiends, the DLC bonus bosses, some of the VR challenge missions I have left, buying all the Ginza secret shop armor, and such. I also have Fire Emblem Awakening to start due to that deal. I am thinking of buying Donkey Kong Country Returns with my remaining credit.

I bought Soul Sacrifice and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ during that PS Vita sale. Soul Sacrifice is a great game with awesome atmosphere, and Ninja Gaiden is a fun as hell game, even if the port is subpar compared to Sigma 1+

I also bought Midnight Club: Los Angeles for 7 dollars on Xbox 360. Seems like good fun, and I wonder what took me so long to purchase it, as I was a great fan of Midnight Club: Street Racing, Midnight Club 2, and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix.

Well I've been playing the hell outta Dragon's crown, adoring every second of it. Think it's the best loot game I've played since Diablo 2(really), amazing co-op experience.

Also been playing a lot of Payday 2, it's really refreshing shooter, gets really intense on harder difficulties. Though I'd only recommend it if you have 3 other friends to play it with.

Started Muramasa on the plane down to Vancouver and I love it. Seriously if you have a Vita it should be at the top of your list.

Itching to jump back into Guild wars 2 once I'm back home. Also just got review code for Outlast.

Oh yeah and long layovers in airports suck. :p

Caladrius

I like it for the most part. The difficulty curve is wonky though, and I feel like they should have capped the stats at a certain threshold. (My LOL400Ma/200Ag/205Lu build was a terrible idea in retrospect.)
I loved the demon selection (except for the lack of Lugh the Longhanded.
Lugh for P5
) and the reduced favoritism in the alignments this time.

Can't say how it compares to most of the other games, since I haven't played them through yet, but I thought it was a great introduction to the mainline series.

Marche90

^^ I don't envy you. At least you have good company, it seems, haha. Though I'm surprised you're playing as much as you are. Didn't you said that the Vita cramped your hands too?

Love it. Great and streamlined mechanics makes for a great experience (being able to carry it wherever I go is a plus)

Soriku

Yes, very good game. Great combat, good characters, awesome soundtrack, pretty cool art direction, and TONS of outfits for your characters. Story could've been better. Not that the story is bad at all, it just could've used more back story and exposition as many things are lightly touched upon in-game.

I suggest reading my post in the "what jrpg are you playing" thread for tips if you get it.

Also very good, probably as good or slightly better than Nocturne.

cjkeats

Got Eternal Punishment. I'm impressed how smooth it is for a PsOne game. Looks nice on Vita. Anyways, pretty excited to get moving.
Any things I should keep in mind so I don't miss anything important later on?

Meia

Well, it stands to be the first SMT game I actually finish(eventually), so I love it. That it actually has kept me motivated to play it speaks volumes, as none of the others have managed it.

Also loved DKCR, just a TON of minecart levels, and new ways of having them(riding rockets, etc). Also screw the last boss for only giving you one shot at having 4 hearts. :p

Caladrius

There'll be a special promotion where the reveal date is pushed forward by a few yoctoseconds for every persona rerelease people buy.

Spelunky, Spelunky, and more Spelunky, with some Tales of Xillia when I feel like firing up the PS3. Also bought Wizardry VI-VIII from GOG at six goddamn dollars, that kind of deal is criminal in 14 states.

There'll be a special promotion where the reveal date is pushed forward by a few yoctoseconds for every persona rerelease people buy.

I would die laughing if it's done and the announcement is "Its on store shelves RIGHT NOW. WORLDWIDE."

Caladrius

Spelunky, Spelunky, and more Spelunky, with some Tales of Xillia when I feel like firing up the PS3. Also bought Wizardry VI-VIII from GOG at six goddamn dollars, that kind of deal is criminal in 14 states.

I would die laughing if it's done and the announcement is "Its on store shelves RIGHT NOW. WORLDWIDE."

Every person on earth bought 450 Quintillion games just to push it forward one year.

So Nintendo have gone mad

Pokemon+SKU made on the cheap at accessible price point released on same day=not crazy. Said SKU may be an abomination, but there's method to their madness.

Jintor

Was my original reaction, but releasing a cheap model aimed at kids that is releasing with Pokemon X and Y is a pretty good strategy.

Every person on earth bought 450 Quintillion games just to push it forward one year.

Pokemon+SKU made on the cheap at accessible price point released on same day=not crazy. Said SKU may be an abomination, but there's method to their madness.

Point.

That thing still looks insane though

Levito

Banned
Stop bashing Ninty, the bad karma gods will make P5 a Wii U exclusive if you continue.

Hell yeah. It beat P4G as my favorite Vita game.

Wouldn't put it anywhere near P4G's level but it's probably the best game on Vita aside from P4. Combat is just so wild.

Astra

I loved Muramasa on the Wii, even though I never did finish it. I'll be grabbing it on the Vita eventually, but couldn't possibly play it anytime soon after Dragon's Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom