• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Hmm.

Well, it's moot for me since I need to pick up a Wii U at some point for W101 and Bayo 2, and with any luck a powerful laptop at some point if I'm going to go overseas. So I probably can't afford it, barring an unexpected commission.

Sophia

As downright ugly as it is, I'm still tempted to pick up a 2DS simply because I can't see the 3D anyhow, and it looks like it might have the best form factor of any model. The OG 3DS is one uncomfortable son of a bitch, that's for sure. ><:

Maybe I'll try a grip for my 3DS when I get SMT IV next week.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just bought a 3DS and really have no plans to buy the 2DS, even though I can't see the 3D, especially when mine is a glorified Atlus machine.

Plus, gotta save the money for DAT PS4.

kewlmyc

I'm gonna save up and get a 3DSXL, 32GB SD Card, SMT IV, Pokemon Y, and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.
.... why would CBoat have info on Atlus games?

Seriously, the last thing we need is more riled up speculation. :\
Why are you taking him seriously?

kewlmyc

I'm not. I'm questioning his competence level while giving him the slight benefit of the doubt. It's obvious from his posting history he knows nothing, so I'm not really sure why he's saying such things. :\

Maybe's he taking the piss like most of us do with the whole "This Tuesday, I swear" meme we've created.

Meia

Still happy with my 3DS XL purchase for SMT4, so meh to the 2DS. Though I never use the 3D on mine, still prefer a clam-shell model if for no other reason than to protect the screens. Plus, I don't think the 2DS is pocket size, really...

But if you the original 3DS and never use 3D, was a good idea for the model.

Dantis

As downright ugly as it is, I'm still tempted to pick up a 2DS simply because I can't see the 3D anyhow, and it looks like it might have the best form factor of any model. The OG 3DS is one uncomfortable son of a bitch, that's for sure. ><:

Hmm?

kewlmyc

I am completely incapable of seeing 3D as it's done nowadays. I don't use both my eyes together, so unless it's done like the Oculus Rift I just see the same 2D image. :p

So 3D movies in theaters don't work for you either? Isn't that how the Oculus Rift works?

CBoat having news on an Atlus game is as likely as pigs flying

and please don't link the Geico commercial of a pig on the air plane :p

But..but it's such a cute commercial.

Sophia

So 3D movies in theaters don't work for you either? Isn't that how the Oculus Rift works?

Right, no 3D Movies in theater. It's just 2D to me. Same thing with the 3DS. I just see 2D.

The Oculus Rift forcefully separates the vision by virtue of being a head piece, so I'd see that. It wouldn't be 3D in the same sense as what you'd see (no depth perception and all) but I could see it.

Rhapsody

Banned

OG 3DS doesn't feel comfortable to hold for me either. But it's the FE 3DS... it was worth it.

Don't think I'll get a 2DS just for imports. If I had the money, I'd get the One Piece 3DS XL if I could.

Lunar15

OG 3DS doesn't feel comfortable to hold for me either. But it's the FE 3DS... it was worth it.

Don't think I'll get a 2DS just for imports. If I had the money, I'd get the One Piece 3DS XL if I could.

Dat One Piece 3DS XL. Too bad the game it comes with will probably either not be good or never come over here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I am completely incapable of seeing 3D as it's done nowadays. I don't use both my eyes together, so unless it's done like the Oculus Rift I just see the same 2D image. :p

I can't see 3D either, too me, it's all doubled and my head hurts after a minute.

It's not like I am missing anything.

Omikaru

If there are a wave of 3DS games that are likely to be delayed in Europe, I'll consider a 2DS, otherwise I'm happy to wait at this point. Soul Hackers is next month, and I have enough to play between now and whenever SMT IV releases to not be so bothered about it.

Now if it were a game I wanted to play on day 1 really badly, like Persona 5, then I'd totally do it.

Lunar15

Let's be really honest. P5 is going to be a mobile game.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

You've got a reason for making that claim, right? Because people who pull stuff out of their asses indiscriminately tend to not last around here.

To be fair, we joke about famitsu reveals and "next tuesday" all the time.

pirata

Let's be really honest. P5 is going to be a mobile game.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
tumblr_mh5haoqBAV1qfk87to1_500.gif

To be fair, we joke about famitsu reveals and "next tuesday" all the time.

True, but those are obviously jokes. The Buttocks are no laughing matter.

Rhapsody

Banned
Super Mario 3D Land uses it pretty well.

Yeah, this was probably my favorite for 3D. It made it a lot of fun with the 3D on.

Also, turning on the slider to even max didn't make my eyes bleed like SMT4 did. Other than that, I usually left 3D off unless it was a Fire Emblem cutscene. Those looked really nice.
Dat One Piece 3DS XL. Too bad the game it comes with will probably either not be good or never come over here.
Yeah. I haven't even looked at the game lol. It's just that XL looks so cool.

Lunar15

Yeah. I haven't even looked at the game lol. It's just that XL looks so cool.

I just wish a different company could have control of the One Piece license. They're just always so mediocre. Heck, I'd even take CyberConnect over Scamco.

That series deserves a ridiculously awesome game.

Also, I'm kind of kidding about the P5 mobile game statement, but at the same time...

Dantis

Is there anyone else in PersonaGAF who isn't interested in GTAV? It's fine that everyone is so excited for it, but man, it is just everywhere.

Rhapsody

Banned
Is there anyone else in PersonaGAF who isn't interested in GTAV? It's fine that everyone is so excited for it, but man, it is just everywhere.

I'm not. Due to time and money, I haven't branched to liking those types of games. RPGs, fighters, platformers are the main types I go for.

Meia

Me and open world games don't get along in general. Haven't gotten through a GTA since Vice City, can't get through Red Dead, etc. I'm really disinterested in 5 after buying the hope for 4 that I played for a few hours and never touched again.

Hoping I can add Saint's Row to the list of open world games I can actually stand(Skyrim and Fallout 3 are both on it, got near the end of New Vegas but never beat it).

mhs004

Finished P4G yesterday and got the good ending. I really enjoyed the game and story it's one of my favorite games now. However I did enjoy SMT4 a little more because I liked the demon designs, dungeons, and game play more. Now on to Soul Sacrifice I'm halfway through with it actually.

Edit: How is Persona 3 FES compared to Persona 4 Golden?

Cheska

I primarily stalk you guys but I don't have the slightest interest in GTAV either. I will however be divulging in Rayman Legends, KH 1.5 and Wonderful 101. Bring it on September!

kewlmyc

I was going to wait for a PC version, but I might have to crack if it doesn't have any problems like GTAIV did.

Simzyy

As someone who really didn't enjoy GTA IV I'm fairly excited, but I'm still going to wait. For reviews, but mainly a PC version.

Also shouldn't we be getting news about the Index bid fairly soon? I am both excited and terrified

Squire

Banned

I don't even get hyped for Rockstar games; I'm so confident in their talents I just wait for the games. I do think that's changed though. I was let down by Max Payne 3 (but that type of game really isn't their thing) and really, I still don't know that much about GTA V, I feel like. And I like that. I don't typically engage in media blackouts, so it's cool to sort of be forced to go off not all that much once in a while.

I'm pretty sure I'll like it though. RDR is a masterpiece and LA Noire is in my top ten games this generation, even though I recognize its flaws. Really, they had me at the setting.

Astra

I'm not. The last GTA game I liked was Vice City when I was around 15/16 years old. Now the games just bore me. I was also bored to tears playing Red Dead Redemption. Rockstar games just aren't for me, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom