• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
I loved Muramasa on the Wii, even though I never did finish it. I'll be grabbing it on the Vita eventually, but couldn't possibly play it anytime soon after Dragon's Crown.

Funny, playing Dragon's Crown made me want to actually start Muramasa. Vanillaware are as the kids say "legit".

Dantis

Persona 5 will be announced only when Dantis learns to like Persona 4 Arena

As of right now, I can't imagine a scenario where I would even put the disc into my console.

I bought it to own it, not to play it.

Also DOA5U comes out next week and Arena would just make me even more sadface if I was playing that instead of DOA.

cj_iwakura

This is the most random question imaginable, but has anyone ever seen Elizabeth in the title screen(calling out "Persona 4 Arena!")? I reloaded like a dozen times and saw EVERYONE but her.

Amazing. Best JRPG of the HD consoles in my opinion.

I still need to get around to finishing it.

So those recommendations paid off? Good to know. You have to finish EP first though.

Dantis

So those recommendations paid off? Good to know. You have to finish EP first though.

Yep! Excellent recommendations. I like it more than I ever thought I would.

The combat is kind of incredible, and the interactions between the three leads is superb. Zephyr is a bit shit, but I think you need a character like that to balance it out. Vashyron and Leanne are just straight up awesome.

I haven't finished it because I spent HOURS doing this thing so that you get double XP from the Arena and completely burned out on the game in the process. So stupid of me.

lol

tag material

Well, I wanted the CD a lot too, I guess.

As an aside, The Hero from Junes remix should be called the Eternal Punishment remix. I'm pretty sure Konishi uses the exact same synth setup he used when he did the EP OST. Sounds unbelievably similar.

cj_iwakura

Yep! Excellent recommendations. I like it more than I ever thought I would.

The combat is kind of incredible, and the interactions between the three leads is superb. Zephyr is a bit shit, but I think you need a character like that to balance it out. Vashyron and Leanne are just straight up awesome.

I haven't finished it because I spent HOURS doing this thing so that you get double XP from the Arena and completely burned out on the game in the process. So stupid of me.

You may be glad you did. The endgame of RoF is nasty.

Don't forget to switch up specializations. Have Leanne level up in the SMG if you've only been using pistols with her, etc.

kewlmyc

Wouldn't put it anywhere near P4G's level but it's probably the best game on Vita aside from P4. Combat is just so wild.

As a game, it's nowhere near P4's complete package. However the gameplay and the graphics have won me over. For me, it's the funnest experience I've had on my Vita.

As a game, it's nowhere near P4's complete package. However the gameplay and the graphics have won me over. For me, it's the funnest experience I've had on my Vita.

image.php

This is kinda creepy
and hilarious

Astra

Funny, playing Dragon's Crown made me want to actually start Muramasa. Vanillaware are as the kids say "legit".

Yes they are. I loved every game of theirs I have played, starting with Odin Sphere. It's slower paced than their most recent releases, but still a great game.
I've also enjoyed Grim Grimiore, as a very bare bones RTS.

cj_iwakura

Yes they are. I loved every game of theirs I have played, starting with Odin Sphere. It's slower paced than their most recent releases, but still a great game.
I've also enjoyed Grim Grimiore, as a very bare bones RTS.

GrimGrimoire was overall their best game, IMO. No major faults dragging it down like Odin Sphere's slowdown or Muramasa(Wii)'s horrible localization.

Though Odin Sphere is a real close second.

Astra

GrimGrimoire was overall their best game, IMO. No major faults dragging it down like Odin Sphere's slowdown or Muramasa(Wii)'s horrible localization.

Though Odin Sphere is a real close second.

Yeah, the slowdown in Odin Sphere was atrocious in the Odette battle. I hear the PSN version doesn't have that issue.

I loved Grim's story and characters, and the gameplay was pretty great. Unfortunately there was zero challenge, and I suck at RTS games.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, the slowdown in Odin Sphere was atrocious in the Odette battle. I hear the PSN version doesn't have that issue.

I loved Grim's story and characters, and the gameplay was pretty great. Unfortunately there was zero challenge, and I suck at RTS games.

Did you do the challenge missions?

Astra

Did you do the challenge missions?

I did several of them, but didn't get to finish all of them. They were considerably more challenging than the story missions, at least.
I imagine the later ones are quite difficult.

Gwen is voiced by Karen Strassman. :)

Yes she is!

Cornelius is Ryoji, Oswald is Takaya, and Velvet is Yukari. Mercedes (Stephanie Sheh) has to be the odd one out.

Edit: Ahhh, she was Metis. Nevermind. The whole crew was in P3.

Soriku

You spent hours linking a terminal to the Arena? wut. Were you grinding for hexes or what?

You don't need the Arena for EXP till the post-game. Just switching weapons for your characters (and don't neglect grenades too much) frequently does the job. Doing sidequests helps too. If you want to link the terminals to the Arena (particularly 2x EXP, 1.5x item, and 2x other terminal effects are all you need), use the ones on floors 4 and 6 (but I couldn't do that till end-game, didn't have enough hexes. When I did I used the straight turquoise hexes).

Meia

Oh man the World's End was an amazing movie.

There's been soo many great movies this year it's startling. Almost don't feel bad I probably spent like $200 so far seeing them all. :p

kewlmyc

There's been soo many great movies this year it's startling. Almost don't feel bad I probably spent like $200 so far seeing them all. :p

World's End is fantastic. Probably the best movie of the summer imo.

Yup. MOVIE RANKING TIME!

1. The World's End
2. Pacific Rim
3. Before Midnight
4. From Up On Poppy Hill
5. Jurassic Park 3D (shut up; it's a great movie and I missed it in theatres the first time around).

Honourable Mention: Stark Trek 3: Into Darkness (IM3 and ST were both great popcorn flicks, but neither was quite good enough to make the list).

kewlmyc

Yup. MOVIE RANKING TIME!

1. The World's End
2. Pacific Rim
3. Before Midnight
4. From Up On Poppy Hill
5. Jurassic Park 3D (shut up; it's a great movie and I missed it in theatres the first time around).

Honourable Mention: Stark Trek 3: Into Darkness (IM3 and ST were both great popcorn flicks, but neither was quite good enough to make the list).

From what I've seen this summer (which isn't a lot)

1. The World's End
2. Pacific Rim
3. Star Trek Into Darkness
4. Iron Man 3
5. This is the End
6. Man of Steel
7. Shit
8. World War Z

I would count Jurassic Park 3D, but then the list would be bias since it's my favorite movie of all time.

Dantis

You spent hours linking a terminal to the Arena? wut. Were you grinding for hexes or what?

You don't need the Arena for EXP till the post-game. Just switching weapons for your characters (and don't neglect grenades too much) frequently does the job. Doing sidequests helps too. If you want to link the terminals to the Arena (particularly 2x EXP, 1.5x item, and 2x other terminal effects are all you need), use the ones on floors 4 and 6 (but I couldn't do that till end-game, didn't have enough hexes. When I did I used the straight turquoise hexes).

This is exactly what happened.

Soriku

This is exactly what happened.

Yeah you don't want to do that. By the end and by playing normally you'll have a ton of hexes. I think I only needed to grind for 4 more hexes to link the terminals I wanted to the arena. Just by playing normally you'll even have enough hexes to uncover all the spaces in Basel by the end as well.

Give it another try.

Gamerloid

I beat Catherine.....true freedom ending

Also, sup everyone....been busy last few days

That's the ending I got as well. The Empireo is such a great world. Loved the rock spin on George Bizet's Farandole.

I've been busy as well trying to adjust to this semester. Bookstore lines are crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom