• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I'm not. The last GTA game I liked was Vice City when I was around 15/16 years old. Now the games just bore me. I was also bored to tears playing Red Dead Redemption. Rockstar games just aren't for me, I guess.

YES.

High five, JohnLacke!

You haven't let me down, PersonaGAF. I am amongst friends.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is there anyone else in PersonaGAF who isn't interested in GTAV? It's fine that everyone is so excited for it, but man, it is just everywhere.

Yes and no.

GTA IV was just ok, I'll probably wait for a sale.

Trying to curb buying some games because I'm picking up a PS4.

Lunar15

YES.

High five, JohnLacke!

I think LA Noire has soured me on the studio as a whole, even though I know that was Team Bondi.

I just don't see how any company could greenlight a game like that after a certain point. GTAIV was a huge disappointment, and RDR, while initially novel, fell apart into a bunch of lousy tropes and boring mechanics.

Is there anyone here who still would've bought a Vita if it didn't have P4G?

I would have. Already had some playable games via PS1/PSP purchases from the store and a cross buy so even if I didn't have access to P4G it would have still been tempting. That and I was just getting less and less satisfied with my 3DS at the time.

Meia

PS+ would have made it tempting. Haven't touched Gravity Rush nor Uncharted for it yet, and VLR I could have experienced on the 3DS, so outside of Golden, have had no reason to really turn on my Vita. Considering I can play PSP games on the big screen via HDMI out, that's gotten more playtime than the Vita has since I bought it if you remove Golden from the equation. :p

Dantis

I think LA Noire has soured me on the studio as a whole, even though I know that was Team Bondi.

I just don't see how any company could greenlight a game like that after a certain point. GTAIV was a huge disappointment, and RDR, while initially novel, fell apart into a bunch of lousy tropes and boring mechanics.

This is largely how I feel. Played GTA4 for a small while. I think I probably got halfway through the story before I got bored? Hated RDR from the off. I was on a high after playing Alan Wake, and just did not like a single thing about it. I've tried it again since then, in case it was just because I invariably dislike everything after playing through something really good, but I just can't get into it. Not for me at all.

Finished LA Noire. It was... completely acceptable. Story was garbage. Gameplay was interesting enough to carry me through. Facial tech was really impressive. Everything else was passable.

Got about an hour and a half into Max Payne 3 before sending it back. Mega disappointment. Max Payne 2 is one of my favourite games, but this just went in such a different direction.

I'll rent GTAV, because I rent pretty much everything, but man, I am so not interested in it.

I would have. Did, in fact. I got it on launch. P4G had been announced at that point, but even the Japanese release wasn't out for like four months after that.

Squire

Banned
I would have. Did, in fact. I got it on launch. P4G had been announced at that point, but even the Japanese release wasn't out for like four months after that.

Yeah, I have a launch unit as well.

Also, I'm legitimately surprised you haven't really enjoyed any R* games. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Astra

Clearly, R* games need waifus.

Couldn't hurt.

Well, aside from sales, of course.

YES.

High five, JohnLacke!

z2mo48T.jpg

I would have, but I wouldn't have bought one until this year. I may not have even bought one by now in the hopes a redesign would be announced. Or maybe a larger price drop for memory cards. $80 for 32GB is still insanely ridiculous.

Dantis

Yeah, I have a launch unit as well.

Also, I'm legitimately surprised you haven't really enjoyed any R* games. Wouldn't have guessed that.

I dislike literally everything about them. I can appreciate the amount of work that goes into them, but they just don't appeal to me at all.

I was at the pub the other day, and my friends were talking about it. They were talking about like, how big the world is, and all the different things you can do, and none of that interests me at all. If the gameplay and the story (And the music and the art, for that matter) don't appeal to me, then I'm out. And that's generally the case with Rockstar.

It's a shame, because literally all of my friends are into it.

Squire

Banned
I dislike literally everything about them. I can appreciate the amount of work that goes into them, but they just don't appeal to me at all.

I was at the pub the other day, and my friends were talking about it. They were talking about like, how big the world is, and all the different things you can do, and none of that interests me at all. If the gameplay and the story (And the music and the art, for that matter) don't appeal to me, then I'm out. And that's generally the case with Rockstar.

It's a shame, because literally all of my friends are into it.

Yeah, I totally understand. I'm the same way.

Young Magus

Is there anyone else in PersonaGAF who isn't interested in GTAV? It's fine that everyone is so excited for it, but man, it is just everywhere.

Same here just interested in the OST, and with all the talk of importing this 2DS has me wondering......what the hell is it and is it region locked? How much we talking here in price?

todd360

You've got a reason for making that claim, right? Because people who pull stuff out of their asses indiscriminately tend to not last around here.

I was just joking about the Cboat stuff. I didn't think anyone would take me seriously. I guess that just shows how desperate we all are for a persona 5 announcement.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Same here just interested in the OST, and with all the talk of importing this 2DS has me wondering......what the hell is it and is it region locked? How much we talking here in price?

It is more than likely region locked.

It's going for $129 US, dunno about other regions.

Levito

Banned
Guys I just saw a bunch of nerds in downtown Seattle and one was wearing a Junes t-shirt. I almost blurted out "EVERY DAY IS GREAT AT YOUR JUNES". Should've done it, rats.

Rhapsody

Banned
Guys I just saw a bunch of nerds in downtown Seattle and one was wearing a Junes t-shirt. I almost blurted out "EVERY DAY IS GREAT AT YOUR JUNES". Should've done it, rats.

Opportunity missed. Look forward to regretting that day for the rest of your life.

EMT0

Banned

Isn't it written somewhere in the PersonaGAF Compendium that you should have done it?

Jintor

I was thinking of starting up Innocent Sin yesterday, but I ended up continuing Peace Walker instead.

That's not a fantastic metal gear experience, you know? Better than portable ops though.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was thinking of starting up Innocence Sin yesterday, but I ended up continuing Peace Walker instead.

That's not a fantastic metal gear experience, you know? Better than portable ops though.

At least the gameplay for the most part was fun. But yeah, I'm not sure if I'll ever replay Portable Ops.
The controls and everything were a nightmare.

I was thinking of starting up Innocent Sin yesterday, but I ended up continuing Peace Walker instead.

Peace Walker's pretty decent at least, and I love Chico and Hot Coldman too much for me to hate it.

Best Metal Gear will always be Guns of the Patriots in my mind, though. I don't care how controversial a choice it is; I have far more problems with the still-fantastic Snake Eater.

Squire

Banned
Crazy disappointed with PW. Couldn't stand playing it.

Snake Eater is still tops, GOTP gets way too much flack, all the games have issues anyway, and David Hayter is ridiculously overrated.

Jintor

GoTP's first two sections are great gameplaywise. The story is nonsense all the way through though. Snake Eater is just fantastic all around.

Hayter ist god and I'm sad he won't be in Peace Walker (unless somehow Kojima is doing a magical bait and switch)

Squire

Banned
GoTP's first two sections are great gameplaywise. The story is nonsense all the way through though. Snake Eater is just fantastic all around.

Hayter ist god and I'm sad he won't be in Peace Walker (unless somehow Kojima is doing a magical bait and switch)

-Fuck the third act of GoTP (I think third is where you follow the guy, right? That one.)
-Agreed on SE.
-He's really not.

#TEAMKEIFER

GotP's third act is the worst part of the game yeah, but it's not necessarily any worse than Graniny Gorky from Snake Eater and the two acts that follow it are both excellent, with Act IV in particular being absolutely godlike in both concept and execution.

The main problems I have with Snake Eater are the bosses, the CURE system and the fact that the story is paper-thin until the last 15 minutes. Also Volgin is a really boring, one-dimensional villain who was also a dumb boss. It's still overall a great game and in my top 15 of all time, but GotP cracks my top ten due to personal bias and Liquid Ocelot.

Musolf815

Are you still in Naraku, I find the game gets easier once you exit Naraku.

Yeah, I still am. I heard the game (slight spoilers)
goes away from just still image maps aside from Naraku and gives you a full map to explore
so I'm looking forward to that, I just have to force myself to grind and level up.

Also, I'm fairly excited for GTA V, though I can understand anyone who isn't. I feel like Rockstar's stories get overrated a lot. RDR had great atmosphere but there was no consistency to the story, GTA IV...I really couldn't stand the characters' faces, that bugged me more than anything. I dig LA Noire for what it is, Vice City and San Andreas are great, and Bully is one of my favorite games ever.

And seeing that Hiimdaisy pic reminds me of the clip that has had me and my best friend in stitches lately:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKxUDEP6oDw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom