• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

You monster.

You morherfucker.

I used to think you were cool.

Heh, jk jk. I'll post a funny gif as apology.

W7sntjz.gif

us Persona 1/2 fans are the hipsters of this community

tumblr_mqzkfxvkKp1sdz3jto1_500.png

This guy forgot Reiji Kido from Persona 1, does that make me the hipster among hipsters?

cj_iwakura

I find this incredibly surprising.

Can't imagine why, DJ MAX is wonderful!
I'm perfectly content with vanilla P4, and don't find the new content worth $40 at all.

And I'm surprised Lisa has such a devout defense force, no one even bought the game. :(

Sophia

Reiji wasn't a kawaii girl though. He was...Reiji.

Somehow I don't think Ulala qualifies as "kawaii" in any sense of the word. >_>;

Also yay at Persona hipsters! Excuse me as I replace my nerdy harry potter like glasses with hipster ones now.

Squire

Banned
Pretty much. Too many fans put Jeff and Vinny on a pedestal and ask too many questions, in a manner similar to that of how people treat Kamiya. :p

The difference being Kamiya acts like a child in return so often it's become his defining characteristic.

Kazzy

I think he just hates the Persona fandom.

And who can blame him? They are always bombarded with that stuff, and he's made it pretty clear that whilst they loved Persona 4, it was during a specific time and place. I don't think that people realize that trying to force something out of them like that, is probably the most detrimental thing they could do. The reason that the whole endurance worked? Spontaneity.

People being passionate about something is cool, but trying to force it on people really isn't.

Daimaou

Pretty much. Too many fans put Jeff and Vinny on a pedestal and ask too many questions, in a manner similar to that of how people treat Kamiya. :p

And who can blame him? They are always bombarded with that stuff, and he's made it pretty clear that whilst they loved Persona 4, it was during a specific time and place. I don't think that people realize that trying to force something out of them like that, is probably the most detrimental thing they could do. The reason that the whole endurance worked? Spontaneity.

People being passionate about something is cool, but trying to force it on people really isn't.

I think it'd help a lot if the internet knew how to do anything other than run jokes into the ground.

cj_iwakura

I never got what the big deal was with the endurance run. I couldn't stomach watching people be that awful at P4, not to mention making fun of a game I enjoy.

Sophia

I never got what the big deal was with the endurance run. I couldn't stomach watching people be that awful at P4, not to mention making fun of a game I enjoy.

The enjoyment is watching people be hilariously awful. Good Lets Plays rely on spontaneous humor. Kinda like improv comedy, but with a game involved.

And yes, both Jeff and Vinny loved the game itself.

Lunar15

Yeah, Jeff and Vinny genuinely liked the game. Jeff even had a nice little post where he explained that, while they kind of went in with the intention of mocking it, it became instantly clear that the game was really well translated and had a pretty solid cast and story.

Jeff has also gone on to say that it's one of the best times he's ever had playing video games, and Jeff is probably the most jaded guy on the cast.

Young Magus

What does it take to be a persona hipster might I ask?

And yea the ER was funny as fuck. The best part was when
The Killer was revealed and the events showing how it happened. The commentary was too funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom