• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, I'd only encountered the Reaper once before now. I wasn't prepared, but I'm on new game+ so I thought I'd be able to take him because of my high level. Guess he's a lot easier in P4.

Also major derp, I don't think I once went to collect the rewards for saving people from Tartarus last playthrough.

Snrk.

Astra

If you do find a way to fix them would you mind telling us the settings? Just got it running myself, it's pretty neat. Got me using headphones for it at least, love the normal battle track.

Don't use buffering or whatever, the AA. Had no graphical issues anymore, running at 4x the resolution.

I use the AA, and it makes no difference with it on or off.

XObVGVC.jpg

Looks nice there.
jlFhrXa.jpg

Here you can see the black lines through the text. Very minor.
vbh4HVE.jpg

Here there is the line through Mitsuru's head when she blinks. Happens to everyone when they blink.
2TFHmmc.jpg

W9hlu6J.jpg

and here you can see a small line through the save point when it glows, but vanishes without the light.

So all very minor graphical issues.

On an unrelated note, I really should cook more involved foods. I cooked some buffalo chicken wings and garlic mashed potatoes, and they were delicious. I shared them with a friend and our social link has increased.

Yeah those glitches ain't so bad though. I turned off Buffered Rendering and the ones in battle are gone, which are the ones that could be somewhat bothersome.
you missed out on a Salvation skill card if you rescued the second person in Tartarus in January around floor 250-ish
Ah that's no big deal. I'm more concerned that I have no recollection of the police officer saying you can go there to claim rewards yet I went and saved their butts anyway.

Necrovex

For some reason, I just feel weird that someone is playing P3P on a PC. My mind simply cannot wrap around that concept. Probably because I can't see any notable improvement playing it on that platform (unless said person doesn't have a PSP or Vita).

Meia

Fullscreen Persona at a ridiculous resolution is worth it if you have the means. Not to mention it fulfills a desire to see persona on PC. I did play P3P technically on the same monitor, but that was using a device to convert component to an HDMI so I could plug it the psp to a monitor, so meh. Now other games on this thing looks nuts.

And yeah the sprites and everything else looks the same with it on or off, but the cursor is bugged on mouseover sometimes, in battle it's a lot more noticeable on any enemy(showing their buff/debuff) and the cursor itself. Health bars are also messy sometimes with it on.

I use the AA, and it makes no difference with it on or off.

So all very minor graphical issues.

On an unrelated note, I really should cook more involved foods. I cooked some buffalo chicken wings and garlic mashed potatoes, and they were delicious. I shared them with a friend and our social link has increased.

This is what mine looks like when i try it. Nice wrists, you could use those as weapons.

Jintor

hey

remember when i was talking about p4 huge res images

well can i get some of those or instructions how to make my own

hey

remember when i was talking about p4 huge res images

well can i get some of those or instructions how to make my own

Did you see the links I posted yesterday? I don't know if they're what you're looking for.

I don't know how you can get images like that other than by running it on an emulator.

FES in comparison:

Today is my birthday. And there's still no Persona 5.

Just saying, Atlus.

You know.

Please?

tumblr_mi3grikICO1r0rt6no9_1280.jpg

Hey deah, ya big galoot. Ah know we don' got da best'a terms wit' each otha, ya know wit'chu hatin' mah game and all, but ah wanna wish ya a happy activation date, ya big palooka....
I'll see ya in P5, cuz, ya'know, ima be in dat one too, ya know....

Had to do it man, happy birthday dude!

Necrovex

Just saying, Atlus.

You know.

Please?

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news first: Persona 5 was announced. The bad news: Sega bought Atlas and forced the company to make the protagonist Hatsune Miku.

hatsune_miku_persona_3_by_olivaaa-d4966vy.png

Also, happy birthday!

Marche90

Just saying, Atlus.

You know.

Please?

Happy birthday, dude!

Still sucks, but I doubt that they'll announce it now with all the Index shenanigans right now

;_;

Also, doubt that anyone would be able to use it in some fashion, but the novelty of the PPSSPP emulator is that it runs on almost every modern portable OS. Android, iOS, BB10, Symbian, MeeGo, and I don't remember what else. No Windows phone, though.

It's made a bit redundant when you have a Vita or PSP to carry those games.

Squire

Banned

Just saying, Atlus.

You know.

Please?

Happy birthday, brother :)

Hey deah, ya big galoot. Ah know we don' got da best'a terms wit' each otha, ya know wit'chu hatin' mah game and all, but ah wanna wish ya a happy activation date, ya big palooka....

LOL, beautiful.

Meia

FES in comparison:

This is brilliant.

And happy birfday!

Levito

Banned
Dantis, it was my birthday yesterday and Persona 5 wasn't announced then either.

Confirmed, Atlus is dead. No more Persona games.

Have any of you guys played Alice: The Madness Returns by chance. I liked the first one well enough but I hear mixed opinions about the sequel even though it looks gorgeous.

Take note that I also love Alice in wonderland in general and will probably accept more flaws if it delivers and interesting take on the story than most.

Squire

Banned
Have any of you guys played Alice: The Madness Returns by chance. I liked the first one well enough but I hear mixed opinions about the sequel even though it looks gorgeous.

Take note that I also love Alice in wonderland in general and will probably accept more flaws if it delivers and interesting take on the story than most.

I was going to get that and Shadows if The Damned, but I wasn't home that summer and they just got away from me.

I've got a friend who likes both games a lot. If you already consider yourself a fan you'll probably like it.

Levito

Banned

Sounds like you'll really enjoy it, it's a mixed bag. Personally I didn't care for the gameplay at all and only got a few hours into it.

Dresden

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news first: Persona 5 was announced. The bad news: Sega bought Atlas and forced the company to make the protagonist Hatsune Miku.

My dream Persona scenario is for Namco to buy Atlus, and then, Persona 5 with idolm@ster characters. Producer-san is just a grown-up Yu, anyways.

Sounds like you'll really enjoy it, it's a mixed bag. Personally I didn't care for the gameplay at all and only got a few hours into it.

The gameplay in the first one was quite frustrating...So I just used cheat codes, got all the weapons and took everyone out pretty easily. I thought the story was interesting. So basically my enjoyment depends on just how annoying the gameplay is, but I just came off of a "get all the endings" run of Hyperdimesion Neptunia MK2 so my standards can't be that high

cjkeats

The gameplay in the first one was quite frustrating...So I just used cheat codes, got all the weapons and took everyone out pretty easily. I thought the story was interesting. So basically my enjoyment depends on just how annoying the gameplay is, but I just came off of a "get all the endings" run of Hyperdimesion Neptunia MK2 so my standards can't be that high

Do one of the first game, then you can talk about low standards. Or tolerance. Maybe even wether or not you hate yourself.

Dantis

...For some reason because I posted that last night, I think I subconsciously hoped that it would actually be true. Wake up this morning aaaaaaaand...

Nothing. On the other hand, it was probably more likely that I'd wake up and see "Index (Atlus) has been dissolved. All projects ceased." or something like that.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!

Also: Alice Madness Returns is decent, but repetitive. I enjoyed it, but it could be better.

My dream Persona scenario is for Namco to buy Atlus, and then, Persona 5 with idolm@ster characters. Producer-san is just a grown-up Yu, anyways.

There'll be mega tears if anything like this happens.

Nah. Let's send him some Tales of games, starting with Tales of Abyss.

JOKE'S ON YOU, I'VE ALREADY PLAYED ABYSS.

10/10.

Do one of the first game, then you can talk about low standards. Or tolerance. Maybe even wether or not you hate yourself.

I've seriously thought about it. Just to see if the complaints hold up. And because I assume there's more Blanc in it.

Do Japanese gamers find Labyrs accent as annoying as some English speaking ones do?

Esura

Banned
I've seriously thought about it. Just to see if the complaints hold up. And because I assume there's more Blanc in it.

Do Japanese gamers find Labyrs accent as annoying as some English speaking ones do?

I find it weird that English speaking people have a problem with her accent at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom