• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywho, I am so excited for DOA5U. Just like, mega hype. You all need to download Core Fighters so that we can have a PersonaGAF lobby. It's free, after all!
When is it out and how much do individual fighters cost? The base roster doesn't appeal to me too much outside of Hayabusa and I do have a little less than $3 left in my PSN wallet from my last card so I may pick someone up.
Look at what I found when I was out....
Jelly mode, engaging...

...mode cooling down since I can't read japanese so playing it would be hard :p

It's actually not that bad if you keep a faq close by. That's how I got through my imported pogeyman games despite not memorizing even half the katakana.(I should get on that.)

For some games I wouldn't mind looking up a faq (I certainly had to do it to learn how to browse the menus to Gundam Extreme VS), but if it means having a faq up the whole time I play for a long RPG, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Marche90

Wow, I missed quite a few pages.

PersonaGAF, I'm sick. It's at the point of where I don't want to be awake but can't fall asleep. Sigh

Dude, are you me? I was exactly like that yesterday. Don't even know at what point I fell asleep. Feel your pain (almost literally), man.

EMT0

Banned
I'm amazed that this thread fell to the second page. It's always at the top half of the game communities forum.

Sophia

I'm amazed that this thread fell to the second page. It's always at the top half of the game communities forum.

It happens. We have nothing to discuss right now. You'd think the Persona 4 Arena Climax announcement would have caused more discussion, but that died out real fast thanks to a complete lack of an official announcement.

Decided to check out Persona figures after seeing that cool Thanatos. There's some really off-looking Aigis figures... The Arena one's pretty boss though and the price was right so I decided to get that instead of Thanatos.

Also stumbled across this Rise dollfie. Pretty creepy lookin' things imo.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Decided to check out Persona figures after seeing that cool Thanatos. There's some really off-looking Aigis figures... The Arena one's pretty boss though and the price was right so I decided to get that instead of Thanatos.

Oh my god.

I feel like it is going to suck out my soul.

Lemstar

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

They have one for basically any anime girl who's reasonably popular. The dudes who buy these are the same ones who play Love+ - they take waifus seriously.

Man if just the RIse one was creepy I don't wanna see any others, this is the odd side of the waifu spectrum isn't it :p

Dantis

This thread has taken a dark turn...

Anywho, I was just dawdling on the Internet earlier, and came across a few interesting articles:

Persona 3 Really Is Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Down To The Smallest Characters

This is an interesting one, because whenever I describe Persona to someone, I always start with "Imagine if Buffy The Vampire Slayer was developed as a super slick JRPG", so I figured this would be reinforcing what I myself say. Nope! It says Mitsuru is like Buffy, that Yukari is like Willow (Because she's a "Shy redhead who starts out weak but becomes stronger and stronger as things progress." Get out.)...

I'm sure it was meant as a bit of fun, but even so. Nonsense!

How Shoji Meguro is killing the Persona series.

Real good, this one. Basically, a salty man is salty that Persona features a few rap songs, and stretches that to somehow include the entire P3 and P4 OSTs, despite them featuring far more instrumental tracks than vocal tracks.

Pop Facts - The Void Quest (Video)

Weird one. I guess this is a series where GT tells you things about games you may not know? The best part is that some of these things you may not know are straight up false, and hilariously, it actually misses out a few of the genuinely interesting facts about the dungeon (Weirdly, including the 8-bit I'll Face Myself that was composed by Tsuchiya for Golden). They also seem to think that Soejima based Mitsuo's Shadow on 3D Dot Game Heroes. Lol.

Yes. Talk about how Aigis is the best character in the franchise and how Baofu is second best and how they're gonna one day team up and take on the world.

I wanna see this Baofu guy for myself since you obviously have good taste.

Had next to no time to play games this month, been making my way through Innocent Sin at a snail's pace.

Sophia

I wanna see this Baofu guy for myself since you obviously have good taste.

Had next to no time to play games this month, been making my way through Innocent Sin at a snail's pace.
I'm gonna be starting P2 soon, so I'll probably eat my own words when I like the games.

If there's one thing Persona fans can all agree on, it's that the playable cast of Eternal Punishment is full of awesome characters.

If there's one thing Persona fans can all agree on, it's that the playable cast of Eternal Punishment is full of awesome characters.

Does EP not have the same cast as IS? I won't be able to play that one as it's not on European PSN :/.

And contacting demons seems so random. Playing it now; one minute the demon's angry at Eikichi, then calling him Your Highness the next :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom