• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Ha!

I genuinely think that in a lot of ways, the title makes sense. The article itself is just nonsense, because they draw direct comparisons.

Honestly, I don't think there is any ground of any comparison other than "they are both about teenagers saving the world" (which is something common about 90% of Japanese stories, at this point)

If they wanted to draw comparisons they may have used Evangelion since the basic structure of the plot is the same, they even used Ishida for Not-Kaworu.

Also, I forgot to use this amazing reactiongif of Sarah for the article, so here you go:

iB3Y4jqPK1hjp.gif

Levito

Banned
There has been many a tweet about Persona cosplayers I've seen at PAX, regaurding pics of course. Rest assured folks, they will be posted in the coming days.

Squire

Banned
Lev met Kamiya! I am jelly

That's awesome!

I agree with what they said on 8-4 Play this week. Kamiya should tweet less. He's a character there. He's got great philosophies though. I have a tendency to forget how many games he's made that I love.

Dantis

That's awesome!

I agree with what they said on 8-4 Play this week. Kamiya should tweet less. He's a character there. He's got great philosophies though. I have a tendency to forget how many games he's made that I love.

I always think when I read his tweets that he's kind of doing himself a disservice. You read his tweets and he comes across as a real asshole, then you read an interview and he's completely different. He seems like a developer who is really into games and very aware of his failures.

Squire

Banned
I always think when I read his tweets that he's kind of doing himself a disservice. You read his tweets and he comes across as real asshole, then you read an interview and he's completely different. He seems like a developer who is really into games and very aware of his failures.

That's it exactly. 100%.

kewlmyc

Started playing P2:IS today, got about 1 hour in. What's up with the random words that Lisa says? Are they Japanese or something?

Lunar15

I always think when I read his tweets that he's kind of doing himself a disservice. You read his tweets and he comes across as a real asshole, then you read an interview and he's completely different. He seems like a developer who is really into games and very aware of his failures.

Weirdly, I never got that vibe from his tweets. They're ridiculous, but not meant to be taken seriously. I've always viewed kamiya as a passionate, eccentric, but ultimately calm dude, even before reading a lot of interviews with him. He's good people, it's just that on twitter he likes to have his own personality and opinions, most of which are just dealing with hyper-obnoxious people.

Gbraga

Holy shit the Persona Music LIve 2012 HD video I used to watch on youtube was deleted, what do I do now? Can I buy it somewhere?

Marche90

Oh, boy. I'm *this* close to pull a Dantis and buy a Wii U.

Just saw an offer on Walmart Mexico. The basic set is at $2999 MXN, which translates to $224 USD. That's cheap, even for the US, and add to the fact that this is the Mexican store (because of taxes, the prices of electronics usually are double than in the US) and they offer free shipping...

Dammit. Only the fact that I will totally empty my savings and will use some of my living expenses is keeping me from jumping in, thankfully (I think)

cjkeats

Someone made Mass Destruction in the Project Diva F edit mode. I can't get it to match up with the actual mp3 though, but it's still pretty cool.
I'll be keeping an eye out for more Persona songs.

Meia

Someone made Mass Destruction in the Project Diva F edit mode. I can't get it to match up with the actual mp3 though, but it's still pretty cool.
I'll be keeping an eye out for more Persona songs.

Still waiting for mine to come in the mail. I have to stop using Gamestop free shipping. :p

Dantis

Just saw an offer on Walmart Mexico. The basic set is at $2999 MXN, which translates to $224 USD. That's cheap, even for the US, and add to the fact that this is the Mexican store (because of taxes, the prices of electronics usually are double than in the US) and they offer free shipping...

Dammit. Only the fact that I will totally empty my savings and will use some of my living expenses is keeping me from jumping in, thankfully (I think)

Don't do it! MISTAKE!

Rhapsody

Banned

I can't really recommend it unless there's something you want right now. I did the same on a deal, but I haven't used my Wii U much.
I'm not even rushing to get any games for it either now...

PK Gaming

Hmm? I never said that I disliked P2 at all.

You didn't, but with all due respect (and I really hate to bring shit up but) it can be inferred that you don't really hold P2 (or P1 for that matter) to high esteem when you state that the plot would hardly change if the characters were soldiers. Please, understand... You're using an irrelevant, unrelated and completely absurd argument point to prove a point about a story, you quite honestly don't fully understand. It's not gonna fly.

(I know, I know i'm being a downer. Just had to get it off my chest)

Dantis

You didn't, but with all due respect (and I really hate to bring shit up but) it can be inferred that you don't really hold P2 (or P1 for that matter) to high esteem when you state that the plot would hardly change if the characters were soldiers. Please, understand... You're using an irrelevant, unrelated and completely absurd argument point to prove a point about a story, you quite honestly don't fully understand. It's not gonna fly.

(I know, I know i'm being a downer. Just had to get it off my chest)

Haha!

We're cool. I think you misunderstood my point.

Marche90

Don't do it! MISTAKE!

I can't really recommend it unless there's something you want right now. I did the same on a deal, but I haven't used my Wii U much.
I'm not even rushing to get any games for it either now...

The deal is over now, so even if I wanted to, it's not possible to get one. They totally flew at that price. Also, I think I better hold on getting one until X hits. CRISIS AVERTED

Omikaru

So I tried Persona 1 again. Bleh. Really, that game is not for me.

I think it's time I give Innocent Sin another go. The cast of both Persona 2 games appeal to me a lot, so maybe I can put up with the turgid elements of those games long enough to derive some enjoyment out of them! :p

We shall see...

Dantis

So I tried Persona 1 again. Bleh. Really, that game is not for me.

I think it's time I give Innocent Sin another go. The cast of both Persona 2 games appeal to me a lot, so maybe I can put up with the turgid elements of those games long enough to derive some enjoyment out of them! :p

We shall see...

It's pretty easy, so just use a walkthrough for the dungeons and blast through it.

Thanks for giving links to those club arrangements. I've been interested in hearing them.

Still relevant.

Of course. Persona 5 will come
eventually on a
Tuesday.

Edit: Hey, I just listened to all of the club arrangements, and I don't know if anyone wants to talk about them, but I figured that it was worth putting some impressions here in order to spur discussion.

Not my kind of music, but for what it was, I enjoyed it. I didn't understand what the relationship was between Never More and its club arrangement. Maybe its me, but I don't know why that song was thrown in the Album labeled as that. Burn My Dread, Your Affection,
of course,
Reach Out to the Truth, and Memories of You all came out well in my opinion. That's all I really have to say about it. It was an interesting experiment by Atlus, to try to ingrain Persona into pop culture.

By the way, what's with all of the Deep Breath Deep Breath hate? I don't really mind that song, but everyone else seems to hate it.

Who da man?

Vic's actually the nicest guy ever in public. He complimented and then hugged me due to my costume, said that he'd return to voice Junpei in Climax in a heartbeat, and then gave he a high-five as I was leaving.

kewlmyc

Who da man?

Vic's actually the nicest guy ever in public. He complimented and then hugged me due to my costume, said that he'd return to voice Junpei in Climax in a heartbeat, and then gave he a high-five as I was leaving.

Good for you, bro. Nice Junpei cosplay.

He's really short, or you're really tall. Which one?

Omikaru

It's pretty easy, so just use a walkthrough for the dungeons and blast through it.

This is actually what I'm planning on doing. I'm only interested in IS and EP for the story, really.

My main reason for ditching P1 is that I find the demon negotiating mechanic in the older Persona games to be horrible, and P1's narrative doesn't hold up enough for me to suffer through it. Not saying it's bad in all SMT games as I understand it's different depending on the game, but in P1 and P2 it's so fucking horrible.

Sophia

Tuesday is coming.

9/9 Sony Japan conference. Believe

Who da man?

He tells awesome stories at conferences. Get him in a panel and get stories started and you get lots of laughs.

ok im sick of believing im a non believer

BTW, it totally believable that someone can be a dick one day and a nice guy the next, they are after all, human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom