• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

It fits the game more than it fits her ==;;

That's cuz Seekers of Truth has the motif from The Ultimate present in it. :p

I think they're terrible. Kitajoh has a very different idea of how Persona music sounds compared to Meguro, and I don't like it.

I also think most of them don't fit the characters at all, and a lot are too similar.

The one that really stood out of place to me was Chie's theme. I like the soundtrack, but damn if it doesn't sound like a Sonic the Hedgehog song and not a Persona song.

Meia

It fits the game more than it fits her ==;;

Still fitting since she's the most important P4 character in it, from a story standpoint. :p

I can understand the naming contention though. Yes, the story was mostly about 3's cast I think. But, it was handled with 4 story telling conventions(facing yourself, etc). I really really REALLY want a Junpei and Yukari shadow confrontation in Climax, that's probably what I'm most excited for.

The one that really stood out of place to me was Chie's theme. I like the soundtrack, but damn if it doesn't sound like a Sonic the Hedgehog song and not a Persona song.

I'm gathering they were going for a "spunky" thing or something, but something more oriental probably would have been fitting for her. Of all the characters, I'd expect HERS to sound like it actually belonged in an action movie. Hell, come up with a "Trial of the Dragon" theme and call it a day. :p

Caladrius

Have we made a Chie the Hedgehog joke yet?

Anyway, I liked Mitsuru's and Naoto's Themes, otherwise I agree that it was mostly unimpressive. The soundtrack reminded me how much of a missed opportunity it was not to have Daisuke Ishiwatari compose some pieces for the game.

Sophia

I'm gathering they were going for a "spunky" thing or something, but something more oriental probably would have been fitting for her. Of all the characters, I'd expect HERS to sound like it actually belonged in an action movie. Hell, come up with a "Trial of the Dragon" theme and call it a day. :p

Shoulda just parodied the Enter the Dragon theme and called it a day. :p

Dantis

Have we made a Chie the Hedgehog joke yet?

Anyway, I liked Mitsuru's and Naoto's Themes, otherwise I agree that it was mostly unimpressive. The soundtrack reminded me how much of a missed opportunity it was not to have Daisuke Ishiwatari compose some pieces for the game.

Eh?

Daisuke does power metal. It wouldn't fit Persona at all.

Spirited Girl, Shadows of The Labyrinth, Wandering Wolf and The Junes Hero.

Easiest way to tell is that they all have a much heavier, cleaner sound to them. Kitajoh's guitars are either massively over-produced or synth, I'm not sure which. They sound weird though.

You didn't like Yukiko's theme?

Caladrius

Eh?

Daisuke does power metal. It wouldn't fit Persona at all.

The soundtrack we got didn't really fit either and I'd prefer incongruously balls-awesome music to lesser, more fitting fare. That and I just want more games with metal sound to them. >_>

Dantis

Not all of his tracks are power metal. BlazBlue's is more symphonic metal with a dose of J-pop.

It's more symphonic power metal if we're being pedantic, but that's not the point. Persona isn't metal, it's rock.

The soundtrack we got didn't really fit either and I'd prefer incongruously balls-awesome music to lesser, more fitting fare. That and I just want more games with metal sound to them. >_>

Lol.

Well, I can half agree at least. But hey, Rising's soundtrack is totally metal, so at least there are people out there doing metal game OSTs.

Not liking one of the best of Kitajoh's tracks? With its awesome guitars? Dantis pls. :(

Kitajoh is at his best when he's doing his violin stuff. Most of his attempts at guitar driven music sound janky. There's a reason Konishi did most of the guitar tracks on P2, and why he did the guitars on Trauma Team.

Dantis

Plastic Night could've totally been boss music. (I always liked BB's OST more than GG's.)

He's a great composer. I think it's unusual for a game composer to do such complex guitar music. Rising had some amazing stuff, but they hired a professional guitarist so it was kind of cheating.

Extend's OST is really great. I love X Matic.

cj_iwakura

He's a great composer. I think it's unusual for a game composer to do such complex guitar music. Rising had some amazing stuff, but they hired a professional guitarist so it was kind of cheating.

Extend's OST is really great. I love X Matic.

I hope we get one for Chrono Phantasma.

I don't like the remixed tracks, but the new stuff is great. Six Heroes Theme(for duels between any of the heroes, like Terumi and Hakumen).

Dantis

That's a really great track.

Out of interest, what type of music does everyone listen to? I feel like most people here enjoy Meguro's stuff, so I'd be interested to know what else you all listen to.

I listen to anything I find interesting, really. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Delerium, which I came across because of its connection to Conjure One, who are one of my favourite bands.

Other bands I listen to a lot include Blind Guardian, Poets of The Fall, Breaking Benjamin, Tsukiko Amano and Michael Jackson.

Sophia

I listen to almost everything. Although a lot of my stuff is Rock, Metal, and Classical, you can find almost anything in my collection.

Also, Dantis, that Delerium song is not Serenity. :|

Chimera is one of their best albums tho. <3

My favourite bands are Pendulum, Anamanaguchi, Nightwish and Gorillaz, but I also really like classical, metal and the occasional bit of rap.

Part of the reason why Metal Gear Rising is my GOTY so far is that it's music was made for me. If I were to describe MGR's music in two words, they would be:

tumblr_mrluguGNV91sagetbo1_500.gif

cj_iwakura

My favorite genre is electronic music, but I listen to everything from rock to classical to jazz to R&B to hip-hop, except country.

My favorite artists are BT, P.O.D., (early) System of a Down, New Found Glory, and Hawthorne Heights, to name a few.

cj_iwakura

So hey, if anyone's an Umineko fan, gearing up for the release of Ougon Musou Kyoku/Golden Reverie, our second translation project.

Even the creator approved!

&#33521;&#35486;&#12497;&#12483;&#12481;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12392;&#12289;&#28023;&#22806;&#12398;&#26041;&#12395;&#12418;&#12503;&#12524;&#12452;&#12375;&#12390;&#12418;&#12425;&#12360;&#12427;&#12398;&#12391;&#12392;&#12390;&#12418;&#23305;&#12375;&#12356;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;&#24863;&#35613;&#12375;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;CROSS&#12418;&#12356;&#12388;&#12363;&#12380;&#12402;&#12362;&#39000;&#12356;&#12375;&#12414;&#12377;&#9734;&#65288;&#31452;)
[And the English patch so you can play overseas travelers happy. Thank you. CROSS sometime take too &#9734;&#65288;Ryu) ]

Then maybe I can focus on Shadowrun.

Dantis

I listen to almost everything. Although a lot of my stuff is Rock, Metal, and Classical, you can find almost anything in my collection.

Also, Dantis, that Delerium song is not Serenity. :|

Chimera is one of their best albums tho. <3

Pretty much anything which Fulber helped write is their best stuff in my opinion.

I am very much a metal person. Symphonic, Gothic, Power, Folk, Stoner, Tech death, Doom, Drone Doom, Funeral Doom.

Warning, last two may include copious amounts of WTF.

There's also my occasional forays into Hip-hop,Classical and Electronic, but overall it's not an especially diverse collection.

Epica is one of my favourite bands. Still haven't gotten around to picking up Requiem For The Indifferent yet.

Rhapsody

Banned
So hey, if anyone's an Umineko fan, gearing up for the release of Ougon Musou Kyoku/Golden Reverie, our second translation project.

I always liked how aware and supportive he is of his fans overseas along with the translation patch.

kewlmyc

Loved Umineko (except for the shit ending). Will look into this, thanks.

Caladrius

Epica is one of my favourite bands. Still haven't gotten around to picking up Requiem For The Indifferent yet.

It's a decent album, but don't go in expecting another Design your Universe. My favorites from RFtI are the Title track, Stay the Course and Deter the Tyrant.

BTW does MusicGAF exist?

SMT needs a Symphonic Metal track for a bonus boss. It just seems like it would fit together to me.
(Desperately trying to stay on topic)

Gamerloid

So I might be going to Comic Con in San Diego next year since my sisters are trying to go there just to cosplay. For whatever reason, they're now cosplaying at every event possible. Since this is Comic Con, I might join them unlike the other events. Time will tell, but for now if I do go I'm thinking of going as Kaito from Vocaloid one day and Yu Narukami for the other.

Anyone here might be attending as well? Yes, I know it's very early to say for sure.

I absolutely love the series. "This level of reasoning is possible for Erika Furudo." Never played the game, only been reading the manga which isn't done being scanlated.

BTW does MusicGAF exist?
Does VocaloidGAF exist? Can't find one and I can't make one lol

cj_iwakura

Does VocaloidGAF exist? Can't find one and I can't make one lol

Here and there, may want to check the Project Diva thread.

For the software itself, I don't think so.

As for Umineko, definitely play the VN if you can. The manga is at least more faithful than the anime, but it lacks this.

Rhapsody

Banned
Now you got me listening to Umineko songs again. Love stuff like Resurrected Player and such.

And yeah, I recommend reading the VN as well. You get the whole experience of the story and of course the songs are part of what makes Umineko so great.

finished Persona 4 Golden. A tad confused
Does the epilogue take place in summer 2012 or summer 2013? And i haven't played P4A yet but if it takes place before the epilogue then it really lessens the impact of the epilogue imo

Dantis

Does the epilogue take place in summer 2012 or summer 2013? And i haven't played P4A yet but if it takes place before the epilogue then it really lessens the impact of the epilogue imo

It takes place before the epilogue.

And surely it lessens Arena's story more than the epilogue?

Sophia

Original Ending > P4A during the events of Golden Week > Epilogue later. Who knows where Climax fits in yet.

PK Gaming

Spirited Girl, Shadows of The Labyrinth, Wandering Wolf and The Junes Hero.

Easiest way to tell is that they all have a much heavier, cleaner sound to them. Kitajoh's guitars are either massively over-produced or synth, I'm not sure which. They sound weird though.

That's funny, because those songs just happen to be my favorite themes from P4A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom