• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

but shes a better character than Aigis. Ken too.

Whaaat? How is that possible?

Speaking of Aigis, has this been posted in here? So much great Persona fan art :D

sad308.jpg

Squire

Banned
is it time to ask dantis to watch little witch academia?

Heh.

I just think it's funny we've recommended him stuff that isn't typical on every occasion, but if he won't try it, what can you do?

No skin off my nose.

And LWA will be on Toonami soon enough. :)

Caladrius

How so? Her character arc is so generic.

I wouldn't quite call an artificial human
being forced to murder her friend/fraternal sibling
generic. It's arguably predictable, but I felt like her story did a better job of showing that the ASW's would be alienated and treated unethically than Aigis's did.
The characters that need to REALLY be shot out of a cannon are the protagonists for being duplicitous Sycophants.

Don't they only air dubs? I don't think LWA is getting one anytime soon.

Yeah they only air dubs. If the show doesn't have one it won't have any chance of getting on there. They've stated it's due to ratings iitc. They could try to air something subs only but it'd be even worse than what they pull in now as is. Not worth the risk.

Sophia

I was thinking that they were just adding some Persona 4 into the mix.

Yeah I guess that makes sense, as least in the "Why are they doing it?" more so than the "Why does a robot designed to kill shadows need glasses for a world of shadows?" point.

Not that I'm complaining. >.>

cjkeats

Yeah they only air dubs. If the show doesn't have one it won't have any chance of getting on there. They've stated it's due to ratings iitc. They could try to air something subs only but it'd be even worse than what they pull in now as is. Not worth the risk.
Yeah, they probably won't get it then. They should've added a dub as a stretch goal in the kickstarter.
But hey, at least they got some real anime like SAO.
lololololol

Dantis

Did you watch more than one episode of it?

I watched about five, I think?

It wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy it either. I wasn't finding it exciting or funny or anything else.

The only part of it that I actually disliked was the opening song.

Yeah, they probably won't get it then. They should've added a dub as a stretch goal in the kickstarter.
lololololol
don't even joke about that :|
These guys have it licensed:

http://www.acttil.com/littlewitchacademia/

CN might go in on a dub with them. It's not like co-production is a foreign concept to them and its barely thirty minutes, so that's chump change.

I actually didn't know Kickheart had a dub until that night.

That was a dub, right?
Yup that was a dub. Quite a bit of dialogue happened. And while I don't know much (or anything) about that Witch show, if it's action-y enough then it's possible CN could co-produce. They worked with Sunrise for Big O Season 2 and with Production IG for IGPX, so it's possible

I don't know how to respond to this

Blockhead Aigis is freaky.

Anyway, Innocent Sin has my attention now. It's pretty awesome. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the persona summoning system, I've been spoiled by fusion.

Anyone mind answering some questions I have about EP?
-Does it have dungeon maps?
-Is it possible to save in dungeons?
-Are the persona summoning and technique fusion mechanics the same as in IS?

Rhapsody

Banned
lololololol

I wish SAO got a better adaptation since I really liked the LNs. Lots of LNs get too many crappy adaptations. :/

Rhapsody

Banned
There really was no saving SAO once it reached that point.

Yeah, it also didn't help that the pacing and the books didn't really favor an anime format.

Even though I enjoyed the books, I haven't even finished the anime... lol
Dunno when I'll ever go back to it just for completion sake.

Edit: And not liking Cowboy Bebop's OP? That's a first for me.

kewlmyc

I wouldn't quite call an artificial human
being forced to murder her friend/fraternal sibling
generic. It's arguably predictable, but I felt like her story did a better job of showing that the ASW's would be alienated and treated unethically than Aigis's did.
The characters that need to REALLY be shot out of a cannon are the protagonists for being duplicitous Sycophants.

Sorry, but a robot being forced to fight has been done to death.

I watched about five, I think?

It wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy it either. I wasn't finding it exciting or funny or anything else.

Goddamn son. These boards would be boring without your controversial opinions.

cjkeats

I wish SAO got a better adaptation since I really liked the LNs. Lots of LNs get too many crappy adaptations. :/
I've never read the LN's, but I enjoyed the show for what it was. It's even in my "rewatch soon" list. Might start on that tonight or tomorrow. Either that or Hyouka.
I'm morbidly curious now.
It's no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Actually I may have enjoyed it a lot because people set expectations so low.
Just don't expect anything life changing. It's dumb entertainment at most.
Sugu is the best girl.

cj_iwakura

Took my first real shot at Satan with full preparation. Seraph: 83/Cielo: 80/Gale: 80.

Not NEARLY as frustrating as Hitoshura. How well this fight goes depends entirely on what Satan casts.

I made it through five cycles. (That is, what should have been Gods Breath castings.)

Lost when he kept using Mamudoon and I couldn't recover the +3 charges in time.

Has anyone here killed him?
I'd say my big mistake was not taking Dekunda. If he casts Debilitate and gets you to -3, you're in trouble.

Current skills(prior to second attempt):
Seraph - Chaturbhuja/Dekunda/Debilitate/Power Charge/Mediarahan/Critical/MAX Critical/Void Death
Gale - Pyriphlegethon/Mind Charge/Salvation/Debilitate/Dekunda/Void Death/Void Charm/Fire Amp
Cielo - Salvation/Dekunda/Sukukaja/Debilitate/Mind Charge/Last Word/Void Death/Void Charm

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Took my first real shot at Satan with full preparation. Seraph: 83/Cielo: 80/Gale: 80.

Not NEARLY as frustrating as Hitoshura. How well this fight goes depends entirely on what Satan casts.

I made it through five cycles. (That is, what should have been Gods Breath castings.)

Lost when he kept using Mamudoon and I couldn't recover the +3 charges in time.

Has anyone here killed him?
I'd say my big mistake was not taking Dekunda. If he casts Debilitate and gets you to -3, you're in trouble.

Current skills(prior to second attempt):
Seraph - Chaturbhuja/Dekunda/Debilitate/Power Charge/Mediarahan/Critical/MAX Critical/Void Death
Gale - Pyriphlegethon/Mind Charge/Salvation/Debilitate/Dekunda/Void Death/Void Charm/Fire Amp
Cielo - Salvation/Dekunda/Sukukaja/Debilitate/Mind Charge/Last Word/Void Death/Void Charm

Did you mean to post this here? ;p

Rhapsody

Banned
Man, the new Mario and Luigi is so good. Best game Nintendo have made in ages.

I mean, just check out this boss theme. So frigging great.
Good to hear that M&L series is still good since I've been hearing the opposite for Paper Mario.

Gonna have to play all these M&L games. I never finished the first one for some reason.

Sophia

Man, the new Mario and Luigi is so good. Best game Nintendo have made in ages.

I mean, just check out this boss theme. So frigging great.

I was completely shocked by how high quality the Dream Team demo was. So full of life and charm. I was (and still am) considering getting it over SMT IV, or possibly getting both.

Caladrius

Good to hear that M&L series is still good since I've been hearing the opposite for Paper Mario.

Gonna have to play all these M&L games. I never finished the first one for some reason.

The last Paper Mario game was in 2004, I don't know what sick monster told you it was still around.

And the end of Superstar Saga is a humongous pain, especially the final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom