• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3wuwXKA.jpg

For some reason this makes me very happy.

I'm thinking of uploading a few violin covers of Persona songs to the LP channel to fill the gap in content until we resume next week.

Someone talk me out of it.

Your covers? I would love to hear them.

Gamerloid

lol at the Jack Black picture. I love Jack Frost's design. So adorable.

I'm thinking of uploading a few violin covers of Persona songs to the LP channel to fill the gap in content until we resume next week.

Someone talk me out of it.

I'll be the devil on your shoulder telling you to do it. So do it!

Meia

It was terrible anyway.

Yes, but misery loves company.

It was silly, but more of the cast could have been involved. Wonder why they weren't? Maybe just too busy since all 3 of the things were recorded after one another, right?

PK Gaming

it was dumb that naoto, rise and kanji weren't a part of it
Yeah. When the game mentioned semi-final and final rounds, I assumed that more characters would show up. Oh well, I can kind of understand why they limited to just the 3 characters, there are A LOT of lines.

PS: Playing it right now, lmao at Chie answering questions pertaining to Yosuke's Persona before he can.

EMT0

Banned
Naoto is actually portrayed to be of an average intelligence outside of her detective work.

I don't know why I keep spoiler tagging things.

It's a good thing she seems to turn everything into a case, now isn't it? I'd say it's more like genius intellect, horribly stunted socially.

Dantis

It's a good thing she seems to turn everything into a case, now isn't it? I'd say it's more like genius intellect, horribly stunted socially.

Nope, she's shown to be academically average. There's never even a suggestion she's very intelligent outside of Arena's shitty character title.

She's just good at deduction. And electronics, apparently.

PK Gaming

Uh, Naoto having a incredible deductive reasoning and logic does imply that she's actually super smart. Her average performance on tests doesn't mean anything; Test scores aren't a measure of wisdom or common sense. The game makes it abundantly clear that Naoto i pretty much on an a whole other level from the rest of the kids.

Let's not forget that she was actually hired by police department as a detective at the tender age of 15, and has probably solved a few cases for them. If that doesn't imply above average intelligence, I don't know what does.

So with that said, I think she'd definitely own at the quiz game due to her ridiculously good memory, reasoning and critical thinking.

but she still couldn't figure out who the true culprit was, nyah

Dantis

Uh, Naoto having a incredible deductive reasoning and logic does imply that she's actually super smart. Her average performance on tests doesn't mean anything; Test scores aren't a measure of wisdom or common sense. The game makes it abundantly clear that Naoto i pretty much on an a whole other level from the rest of the kids.

Let's not forget that she was actually hired by police department as a detective at the tender age of 15, and has probably solved a few cases for them. If that doesn't imply above average intelligence, I don't know what does.

So with that said, I think she'd definitely own at the quiz game due to her ridiculously good memory, reasoning and critical thinking.

...Right, but wisdom and common sense aren't indicative of intellect.

And she isn't hired by the police department. She assists in cases because her grandfather is a renowned detective or whatever and she doesn't ask for a salary. It just so happens that she's also actually useful. She's more of a mascot whose value stretches beyond aesthetic purposes than she is an employee of the police department.

Memory and reasoning, sure. General intellect (Maths, language etc.), apparently average.

Note that I'm not saying she's portrayed to be stupid. I'm saying she's just normal. The genius IQ thing in Arena even proves that, because it's based on what people think of the characters, not what's true.

Also she's 16 when you first meet her, I think. Not that that changes anything.

She figured out how to follow a recipe unlike the other girls, so she's smart to me.

Ha! This is true.

PK Gaming

...Right, but wisdom and common sense aren't indicative of intellect.

And she isn't hired by the police department. She assists in cases because her grandfather is a renowned detective or whatever and she doesn't ask for a salary. It just so happens that she's also actually useful. She's more of a mascot whose value stretches beyond aesthetic purposes than she is an employee of the police department.

Memory and reasoning, sure. General intellect (Maths, language etc.), apparently average.

Note that I'm not saying she's portrayed to be stupid. I'm saying she's just normal. The genius IQ thing in Arena even proves that, because it's based on what people think of the characters, not what's true.

Also she's 16 when you first meet her, I think. Not that that changes anything.

Ha! This is true.

I completely disagree with that assessment, but I really don't want to get bogged down by semantics.

As an aside, she's referred to as detective prince by the media and has referenced working on other cases before. She's embarrassed other detectives before (ie: Dojima) I don't think your mascot analogy works.

EMT0

Banned
So I got through about three episodes of the Persona 4 endurance run....and it's doing nothing for me :/

Why is this supposed to be amazing again?

Tamanon

Banned
So I got through about three episodes of the Persona 4 endurance run....and it's doing nothing for me :/

They fall in love with the game about a dozen episodes in, also it stops dealing with just the story part at first and starts getting into the gameplay. It's fun for me to watch at least.

Dantis

You know, Dream Team Bros is too good. I'm blown away. Probably the best game I've played on 3DS.

Do you like Giant Bomb? I only watched a few episodes before I gave up, and I think that it didn't click with me because I don't like Giant Bomb.

EMT0

Banned
Never watched Giant Bomb before, but I liked Persona 4, and most of PersonaGAF seemed to love the endurance run so I figured it was a safe bet. Maybe I'll try a few more episodes, but so far, this is pretty crap and it's like they're passively trolling the game.

FluxWaveZ

Never watched Giant Bomb before, but I liked Persona 4, and most of PersonaGAF seemed to love the endurance run so I figured it was a safe bet. Maybe I'll try a few more episodes, but so far, this is pretty crap and it's like they're passively trolling the game.

It's a Let's Play Endurance Run. It's a given that if you don't enjoy the personalities behind it, you won't enjoy it as a whole.

Jintor

You have to recognise that Persona 4 does really weird shit a lot of the time.

What I was really watching for was the eventual moment when you realise they've actually almost accidentally, become invested in this game about being a high school student in Japan. But hey, if you're not into that, whatever. It takes a long time to pay off and it's not really the kind of thing I'd sit down and stare at - it's always a second screen thing for me.

Skip all dungeons and fusions, they're more like the Jeff and Vinny podcast hour where they just shoot the shit. The best bits will be in the Best Ofs videos anyway.

Hell, half her problems were from her skyhigh IQ and hyper-analytical mindset (and massive ego about this being reflected in others behavior towards her).The invetigation stops spinning its wheels solely from her climbing onboard.

I'd like to think her test scores were due to any academia was only being studied to research cases. :p

It's insanely quotable and like JIntor said, is absurd to an absurd degree being watched and played by two gents who live absurdism and who egg each other on into further absurdism. "Owl head marriage spice" and the Luchadore Chie dream is just off the top of my head.

PK Gaming

One of my favorite endurance memories is when they start the Sayoko (Nurse) social link.

"I can't hit X man, my hands are too sweaty"

"It's called Mr. Weenie."

"She might have touched me in a weird place. I have to go talk to Mr. Morooka, he warned me about this..."

"Let's go to the hospital, Let's go to the hospital, Let's go to the hospital."

"I tell you what Yosuke, you need to grow up and stop with this TV stuff"

"I don't think I can talk to Chie anymore."

Marche90

I... uh... most likely will be downloading the core version. I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow. LTTP by, what? 7 years?

I'm getting ready to get my ass kicked by the entirety of PersonaGAF :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom