• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst part was art/animation. 2nd it just didn't bring out the quality of the game with its directing.
Felt more like a typical anime, but a bad one.

Best part was probably seeing the funny scenes with Narukami though.

Yeah was very cliche but still enjoyable. I think P3 movie is going to be much better probably because P3 had a better story than P4.

Sophia

What's so silly about it? It may be a tad simple, but it's fun trying to string combos together to keep juggles going and maximize damage by timing your attacks and tag-ins. Then again, I generally enjoy systems that encourage juggling from fighting games to RPGs like Grandia 3.

And the presentation is charming enough - I like the sprite animations.

It's fluff. It's to compensate for the fact that it doesn't quite have the depth the Super Robot Wars games have. Something that particular team is known for.

And the presentation pales a bit in comparison to what the more recent SRW titles can do. Look at the Gunelon's attacks from Super Robot Wars Z.

Now imagine that with like Aigis fighting alongside Mega Man, or KOS-MOS. That'd be aweosme!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's fluff. It's to compensate for the fact that it doesn't quite have the depth the Super Robot Wars games have. Something that particular team is known for.

And the presentation pales in comparison to what the more recent SRW titles can do. Look at the Gunelon's attacks from Super Robot Wars Z.

Now imagine that with like Aigis fighting alongside Mega Man, or KOS-MOS. That'd be aweosme!

I don't compare it to SRW because it's not what I'm looking for in that game. I just want the silly and awesome fanservice.

If I want something more, I'll play FE or XCOM or something else.

Sophia

I don't compare it to SRW because it's not what I'm looking for in that game. I just want the silly and awesome fanservice.

If I want something more, I'll play FE or XCOM or something else.

Super Robot Wars is silly and awesome fanservice. It's the pinnacle of it, in fact. :p

I feel like it handles it a lot better than Project X Zone did. It doesn't usually bore the player in the main games with out of place action mechanics.

One of these days, we'll get 2nd Original Generations in English. Until then, only dreams. ;_;

Yeah was very cliche but still enjoyable. I think P3 movie is going to be much better probably because P3 had a better story than P4.

The change in director is going to help immersively. Especially with the movie level budgets that'll get even bigger if the first part is a success.

Dantis

Oh, you mean like all of the new content in Golden and the story mode in Arena? :p

Oh my god this is probably super old but this English cover of Nevermore is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTB0H6DnBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't remember what the Japanese lyrics translation were but tonally this matches perfectly with the ending imo

WHAT. AMAZING!

EDIT: It just gets better! Good lord, it's perfect!

Sophia

Oh, you mean like all of the new content in Golden and the story mode in Arena? :p

.... did you even read the conversation or did you casually ignore the fact that we're talking about the gameplay? -_-

Oh my god this is probably super old but this English cover of Nevermore is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTB0H6DnBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't remember what the Japanese lyrics translation were but tonally this matches perfectly with the ending imo

That's VERY impressive. A lot of the lyrics are their own, however. Still, the singer has a nice voice, and they kept the theme/spirit of the song intact. <3

Dantis

dantis i would love to eat a sausage, its been so long since ive eaten one, and im so fucking hungry and there is nothing to eat

Man, I could really go for a hot dog now that you've said that.

Unfortunately, it's not happening, because today is a KFC day.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Note to self: don't enter these threads:
  • Platinum news thread
  • Nintendo sales threads
  • Threads asking people about their opinions on feminism or sexuality

I want to punch people through the internet.

Nintendo Sales threads are a gold mine.

Marche90

alright, new ps3 owner :)

psn id is marche1990 (I created the account before trimming my username). I could use some friends to add right now :)

Hey PersonaGaf,

I'm on the last few days (1/27) of my very first (Normal) P3P run and I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have a couple of questions.

So, I think I got way too yoked before the Nyx fight. For most of January I'd been farming Malachite in the Tartarus so I could buy Armageddon while I ever so slowly cycled and leveled all my underleveled party members. Now I'm level 84, my two main Personae: Skadi and Cybele are 86 and 79 respectively, and everyone in the SEES crew is 76+ (except Yukari, but screw her). I killed Death on like 1/10 but never cared to get the reward because I had more cash than I knew what to do with. Then today I bought a bunch of bikinis and butler outfits just to see everyone's Tartarus reactions and accepted Elizabeth's cash. She failed to freaking mention that the more important reward was giving me access to powerlevel city...

So my questions:

1) Is this accurate?
Things that carry over to a non-Maniac FeMC NG+: Charm/Int/Courage stats, ALL equipment (for MC or party members, equipped or unequipped), money, compendium personae, MC level, Monad access, and maxed S.Link items.
Things that don't carry over: All S.Link progress, ANY items (gems, gemstones, stat cards, spell items like Armageddon, Nihil stuff that hasn't been fused, other shit like Weird Takoyaki), party member levels, Elizabeth quests, access to 4/5/6 Persona fusions, and any Personae you have on you.

2) Since I'm going to lose all my items, should I just dump all those King of Coins or whatever items into my core Personae and re-register them?

3) I'm assuming I won't be needing Armageddon for Nyx, so should I try to beat all of Margaret's desert quests first and save it for her?

4) I ran the Harem party for the first time recently and was quite amused at the Tartarus banter. Then I ran it again after I maxed all their S.Links and was even more amused. Any other party specific dialogue for the male MC? I've seen those two, all second years, all guys, and individual maxed S.Link with Mitsuru, Yukari, and Aigis.

5) Did I miss out on an S.Link because I was too busy trying to hump every female NPC instead of ranking up Kenji?

As a side note, I'd never played a Persona or SMT game before, but decided to try out P3P after how much I enjoyed Catherine. Usually it's a miracle if an RPG can hold my attention for ~20 hours, yet here I am 57 hours deep (not counting my million fucking restarts on the Jin+Takaya+Hanged Shadow Boss rapefest) and eagerly contemplating a FeMC run. This game is quite engrossing.

Astra

Yours sounds cool, though. A friend once remarked that mine sounds like the name of some sort of gaudy strip club :/

Well, I meant I should be embarrassed for making that joke, haha.

It's a good name for Rise's strip club, then!

Is it a different Gawain to the Gawain from Arthurian legend?

I took it from Fire Emblem 9.
It was Greil's name when he was one of the four riders of Daein.

Lemstar

I'm on the last few days (1/27) of my very first (Normal) P3P run and I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have a couple of questions.
1. Think so.
2. Yes.
3. You might want to save it for the other secret boss, if you want to do that fight this cycle, since it does require one Armageddon.

Sophia

1) Is this accurate?

2) Since I'm going to lose all my items, should I just dump all those King of Coins or whatever items into my core Personae and re-register them?

3) I'm assuming I won't be needing Armageddon for Nyx, so should I try to beat all of Margaret's desert quests first and save it for her?

4) I ran the Harem party for the first time recently and was quite amused at the Tartarus banter. Then I ran it again after I maxed all their S.Links and was even more amused. Any other party specific dialogue for the male MC? I've seen those two, all second years, all guys, and individual maxed S.Link with Mitsuru, Yukari, and Aigis.

5) Did I miss out on an S.Link because I was too busy trying to hump every female NPC instead of ranking up Kenji?

1) More or less accurate. For stuff that caries over: Persona Compendium, Protagonist's level, equipment, Social Link items, money, social stats, and access to Monad if you opened it. Any weapons get converted over if you switch protagonists, but armor and accessories don't.

2) This is a good idea, especially for Personae level 80+ that have all the top tier abilities.

3) Armageddon only works on Nyx's final form, due to the way the mechanics work. Mind you, some people prefer to save it for there because the final form is a real piece of work. Most people use it to
beat Elizabeth.

4) There's some specific dialogue if you take certain characters in alone or with certain combinations. Female Protagonist I know has one with Shinjiro (if alone), as well as Ken and Akihiko if both are lovers. Not 100% sure on male protagonist. All seniors (Mitsuru, Aihiko, Shinjiro) is one combination. Also try equipping the special outfits.

5) You may have missed out on Nozomi's social link (Moon) if you weren't leveling Kenji.

alright, new ps3 owner :)

psn id is marche1990 (I created the account before trimming my username). I could use some friends to add right now :)
Add me pls

gamefreak940

also I second the earlier mentioned Valkyria Chronicles
So many friend IDs, I'm adding them all.

image.php

PSN says that you're username hasn't been registered.

Yea same.

BTW my name is dumb and is like IXAceOfSpadesXI or something. one of the lines is an L and the other one is an I and I have no idea which is which so I just added everyone. PLZ let me change my name pls

Trigger

Voltron is cooler than Mega man. Robot lions dude.

Also: I'm StationR on PSN. I only have a Vita for now, but I'll be getting a PS4 at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom