• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
That reminds me, I need to finish Soul Hackers. I couldn't resist SMT4 when that came out.

Last left off at the VR Horror House or whatever.

PK Gaming

Since a reply was posted before I had started fully on it, and after PK changed his avatar thought I'd finish the avatars requested anyway in case someone wants them.

PK Gaming still has first choice though. All fully transparent. Edit: noticed Tamanon's avatar lol. Someone can decide if they want them or not I suppose :p

pkgaming-transparent-cixuw.png
pkgaming-transparent-soakm.png
pkgaming-transparent-nulm8.png
pkgaming-transparent-6mzmf.png

pkgaming-transparent-ilzuv.png

Wow those are outstanding, seriously good job. I probably won't use theme here, but I definitely plan on using them on other forums!

Thank you.

PK Gaming

It is. So is her outfit if you ask me.
Then again, Maya has a pretty odd outfit too if you really look at it.

Tatsuyas EP suit is baller as fuck though.
From this day forth, you and I are brothers.
Apparently Maya has no fashion sense and its an outfit Ulala got for her.

IIRC, Ulala says she picks out her outfits for her, but I don't this applies to Maya's iconic look since...

She has an entire outfit that only cost 1 yen (less than a cent) - there was some television promo that a certain store was selling clothing at 1 yen apiece, so she raced down there and shopped like crazy. (I guess her current outfit cost ten yen, then?)

:lol

cjkeats

Baofu is a Hermit, Katsuya is a cop. Funnily enough, Eriko is a model.

Forgot about Eriko. I haven't gotten to her or Nanjo yet. I just beat
Soudo on the blimp
a few hours ago.

I'm enjoying EP much more than I thought I would going back to the PS1 version after the PSP version of IS. I keep trying to think how this game must seem to people playing it back in the day, not knowing there was an IS before it. So far I can see the story standing on it's own, with the same"What the heck is going on?"motivator to continue you get playing it after IS.
Not having Maya talking all the time really sucks though.

PK Gaming

The blimp fight was so good, definitely my 2nd or 3rd favorite boss fight in the entire game. Also glad you're enjoying it. It's mostly a pleasant experience, but there are a few dungeons that will absolutely kill your motivation.

Sophia

Works better than you'd expect, but that specific shade of red is kinda off for Chie. However now I can't get the image of a kind, modest, reserved and overly feminine Chie out of my head. >_>

Sophia

Disgusting

I can't help it. I have an active imagination and that image is helping me along nicely.

On that note. I'm trying to think of all the characters who interact with each other in P4A during gameplay. The ones that can potentially happen mid match. Credit to PK for some of these. Here are all the ones we've found so far:

Aigis/Labrys (Special intro from from both of them. Special win quote from both of them.)
Aigis/Yu (Special intro from both of them.)
Aigis/Teddie (Special intro from Teddie.)
Aigis/Mitsuru (Special intro from Mitsuru which references The Answer.)
Aigis/Akihiko (Special intro from both of them.)
Yu/Teddie (Defeat quote if Teddie loses.)
Yu/Yosuke (Defeat quote if Yosuke loses.)
Yu/Kanji (Defeat quote if Kanji loses.)
Yosuke/Teddie (Special dialogue if Yosuke performs an All Out Attack.)
Yosuke/Kanji (Special intro from both of them. Special dialogue from Yosuke's autocombo.)
Chie/Yosuke (Special dialogue if Chie performs an All Out Attack. Special dialogue if Chie performs her autocombo. Defeat quote if Chie loses.)
Chie/Yukiko. (Special intro from Yukiko. Yukiko's dialogue is modified a bit. Defeat quote if Yukiko loses.)
Naoto/Mitsuru (Special intro from Naoto.)
Naoto/Kanji (Special intro from Kanji.)
Akihiko/Mitsuru (Special intro from both of them.)
Labrys/Yosuke (Special victory quote from Labrys.)
Labrys/Yukiko (Special victory quote from Labrys.)
Labrys/Teddie (Special victory quote from Labrys.)
Labrys/Mitsuru (Special victory quote from Labrys.)
Labrys/Shadow Labrys (Special victory quote from Labrys.)
Shadow Labrys/Mitsuru (Special win quote from Slabs.)
Shadow Labrys/Aigis (Special win quote from Slabs.)
Shadow Labrys/Akihiko (Special win quote from Slabs.)
Shadow Labrys/Labrys (Special win quote from Slabs.)
Shadow Labrys/Teddie (Special win quote from Slabs.)
Shadow Labrys/Shadow Labrys (Special win quote from Slabs. Yeah she has a special win quote if she defeats herself sometimes, lol...)
Elizabeth/Yu (Special win quote from Liz.)
Elizabeth/Chie (Special win quote from Liz.)
Elizabeth/Aigis (Special win quote from Liz. Defeat quote if Aigis beats her.)
Elizabeth/Kanji (Special win quote from Liz.)
Elizabeth/Teddie (Special win quote form Liz.)
Elizabeth/Mitsuru (Special win quote from Liz.)
Elizabeth/Akihko (Special win quote from Liz.)
Elizabeth/Elizabeth (Special win quote from Liz. She comments on winning against herself too.)

FluxWaveZ

On that note. I'm trying to think of all the characters who interact with each other in P4A during gameplay. The ones that can potentially happen mid match. Credit to PK for some of these. Here are all the ones we've found so far:

You're probably just referring to dialogue, but when I think "special intro", I think customized fighting intro similar to what some other fighting games have with certain matchups:

sf3-ryu-ken-intro.gif

The only one of those in P4A is Akihiko vs. Akihiko, unfortunately.

Sophia

You're probably just referring to dialogue, but when I think "special intro", I think customized fighting intro similar to what some other fighting games have with certain matchups:

sf3-ryu-ken-intro.gif

The only one of those in P4A is Akihiko vs. Akihiko, unfortunately.

Yeah it all refers to dialogue. I don't think there are special intros in terms of animations. The Akihiko vs Akihiko one is a side effect that just happens to be awesome.

For 2D fighters, dialogue is cheap and animation is expensive, so no surprise there are no special animations.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah it all refers to dialogue. I don't think there are special intros in terms of animations. The Akihiko vs Akihiko one is a side effect that just happens to be awesome.

For 2D fighters, dialogue is cheap and animation is expensive, so no surprise there are no special animations.

The Aki mirror match intro, despite not being a special animation, is definitely custom made to be that way every single time (as opposed to any other MU) and since he doesn't utter a word (which he usually does) and just fist bumps himself, making it one of the shorter match intros in the game.

I wouldn't say that special animation is necessarily required for custom intros. Look at how BlazBlue handles it: the games use pre-set attack/clash animations or any other kind (back dashes, idle taunts, jumping) + dialogue to make them feel dynamic and add personality to individual fights. This is one thing I hope to see in P4C (and somewhat related, individual MU themes).

Sophia

The Aki mirror match intro, despite not being a special animation, is definitely custom made to be that way every single time (as opposed to any other MU) and since he doesn't utter a word (which he usually does) and just fist bumps himself, making it one of the shorter match intros in the game.

I wouldn't say that special animation is necessarily required for custom intros. Look at how BlazBlue handles it: the games use pre-set attack/clash animations + dialogue to make them feel dynamic and add personality to individual fights. This is one thing I hope to see in P4C (and somewhat related, individual MU themes).

We will almost certainly see those things in Climax. Blazblue was kinda an odd one out. It was meant to be their signature franchise for the generation, and had a lot more than ArcSys games usually had. Even then, BBCT only had four special matchup themes, and they were used for story mode more so than anything.

Dantis

I hadn't even realised that it was Tuesday today, haha.

Great story, god-tier art, but the game itself can really drag. Still, worlds better than Hoshigami(the team's previous game, which Stella has elements of).

Hot damn, if even you say that the game drags, maybe it's not for me. You seem a lot more patient than I am.

I'm thinking of uploading a few violin covers of Persona songs to the LP channel to fill the gap in content until we resume next week.

Someone talk me out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom