• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

2013-09-07-100307pgx91.jpg

First try. Although I was dully informed of his weakness beforehand.

Gamerloid

Are you using the 3D with SMT IV Sophia? It's one of the few games where I want to play with 3D on all the time. It really makes things come to life for me.

Sophia

Are you using the 3D with SMT IV Sophia? It's one of the few games where I want to play with 3D on all the time. It really makes things come to life for me.

Nope. No point in wasting the battery on something I cannot physically see. :p

(And yes, the 2DS would be excellent for me if not for the fact that it only has one lousy speaker.)

All of these years later, and I still don't understand the purpose of Twitter. Seems like a more confusing Facebook.

The difference between Twitter and Facebook is that Facebook is garbage. If I wanted a bunch of people with horrible grammar who never even speak to me in real life shoving a bunch of 3-year-old memes in my face, I'd go to 4chan. I haven't logged on to Facebook in months and feel much better for it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The difference between Twitter and Facebook is that Facebook is garbage. If I wanted a bunch of people with horrible grammar who never even speak to me in real life shoving a bunch of 3-year-old memes in my face, I'd go to 4chan. I haven't logged on to Facebook in months and feel much better for it.

I deleted mine because I barely used it.

I tried using it for one of its intended purpose, you know, try to catch up with people you haven't really talked to in a while.

Yeah, fat lotta good that did.

I deleted mine because I barely used it.

I tried using it for one of its intended purpose, you know, try to catch up with people you haven't really talked to in a while.

Yeah, fat lotta good that did.

Yeah, you know how I keep in touch with my high school friends? I call them. Heck, if Facebook wasn't mandatory at my university, I wouldn't even have it to begin with.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, you know how I keep in touch with my high school friends? I call them. Heck, if Facebook wasn't mandatory at my university, I wouldn't even have it to begin with.

Considering my high school days, I didn't have many friends and the ones I did, we never really did much outside of school. *shrug*

Why the hell is it mandatory?

Considering my high school days, I didn't have many friends and the ones I did, we never really did much outside of school. *shrug*

Why the hell is it mandatory?

So that the staff can just post important announcements/schedule changes on their Facebook page instead of broadcasting/printing out notices instead, I guess. Sooo happy that the school I'll be going to next year doesn't require it.

Sophia

All of these years later, and I still don't understand the purpose of Twitter. Seems like a more confusing Facebook.

Twitter is Facebook without the bullshit. No stupid games, no dumb ads everywhere, no people pestering you for friends for some farm or some social experiment. Just talking. Publicly.

Rhapsody

Banned
I am so bad at using social media stuff. It's not like I hate them, I just kind of forget that they're there and neglect using them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Twitter is Facebook without the bullshit. No stupid games, no dumb ads everywhere, no people pestering you for friends for some farm or some social experiment. Just talking. Publicly.

And not having to use your first and last name.

If you don't want to, that is.

Astra

I've never had any issues with Facebook. I don't add people who aren't my friends. I have a mere 17 people on my Facebook, all people I actually know well.
Also I just block app invites and shit. It's a good way to keep in touch with a couple of my friends who moved to another province.

The character limit on Twitter makes it hard to carry on a real conversation, but it's good for some news updates and such.

PK Gaming

I don't have a problem with Facebook. I've got over 200 "friends", but i'm probably only really friends with 1-2% of that amount in actuality. Even so, it's a nice way of seeing what your "friends" are going through at the moment, and keeping tabs on former friends is nice. (i've sometime chat with some of my closest friends from elementary school / middle school / high school). It actually kind of reminds of OT in a way, since you get to see your fair share of good and bad news.

Even if I get a million farmville requests, or have to see stupid meme shit being reblogged I don't mind. IDK maybe i'm just lucky, but my facebook is mostly harmless.

kewlmyc

The games piss me off so much. It's like half of my notices are people requesting I do some game related shit. It's annoying as hell. I can see how Twitter is better in that regard. However, the main reasons why I still stick with Facebook is because everyone I do know uses Facebook over Twitter (if they have both, they use Facebook more) and that I find the whole hash tag and trendy topics thing confusing on Twitter. Sending people messages in Twitter always came off as complicated to me and the addition of hash tags hasn't helped.

At the end of the day, I feel Facebook is better at shooting the shit with friends/family while Twitter is best for professionals and Internet celebrities. I have a twitter, so I might follow you guys eventually, but probably not now.

Squire

Banned

This is the correct answer. Twitter = simplicity.

That simplicity is relative to other SM sites though, so I'm not surprised when don't get how Twitter works or how to use it.

Caladrius

I think these people know how to read my mind.

Anyway, I use Facebook for messaging since most of the IM services have died out. I get a lot of clutter on my feed despite having only about 80 friends. (90% of it predictably comes from exactly 3 people.) I think I'm going to make an alt so I've only got the 15-20 people I actually talk to on it. Now do I call myself Grant Schnitzelpoofter or Eric Blitzwing?

Dantis

I'm calling TLOU not the miracle game you promised dantis-kun!

In terms of playing a game right now, in 2013, I can't think of a better game than The Last of Us.

It is so well written and so well made.

There are probably games that I personally like more, but there are none that I would consider objectively better. None.

Jintor

It was definitely a great three seasons of HBO tv

I kid, I kid, the gameplay bits were pretty fun and I can't think of a better game released this year either.

still ain't no jesus game

Omikaru

Having beat The Last of Us today, I'm 99% sure it's made it into my top 10 games of all time. Possibly even my top 5.

Really, it's that good.

Jintor

1. Bayonetta
  2. Persona 4
  3. Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
  4. Dark Souls
  5. Hitman: Blood Money
  6. Psychonauts
  7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  8. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2
  9. Portal
  10. UFO: Enemy Unknown / XCOM: Ufo Defence

Dantis

I think, in terms of games that are genuinely mature and gritty (Great, descriptive, original words, I know!), Last of Us is one of the only choices.

I feel like I could convince most people I know that Last of Us is interesting, to the point that they'd want to play it. I don't think I could say the same for most games.

Jintor

Maybe it's just expectation difference. I had no real expectations for TWD despite Famous and Video Games working on it, but everyone told me TLOU was the game of all forevers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom