• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

2013-09-05-203810r3swz.jpg

It has begun.

#GreatnessAwaits

Levito

Banned
His reason better be something serious like "I'm busy with work" or "I'm having real life issues" or "Ninja Assassins are after me so I can't stay in one place", and not something silly. :\

That is it, I was just teasing Buddha. :p

He's just a super busy dude, I can't even get him on the podcast again till the 20th!

Sophia

That is it, I was just teasing Buddha. :p

He's just a super busy dude, I can't even get him on the podcast again till the 20th!

Well, at least he has a good reason. Some people have the silliest reasons for not doing something community related, so I usually assume that until proven otherwise. :p

Levito

Banned
Is now a good time to say I can't make the 20th? Going out for my birthday! ^_^

Going to try my damnedest to make it the music episode with Dale from Destructiod. I spoke with Dale for a good while about Persona and other stuff at PAX. Hopefully we can make it happen.

Happy Birthday wishes will be sent when the date nears! :D

todd360

Hey we're going to do another casual off-topic episode of the podcast tomorrow at 8pm PST. Subject is PAX, it'll be just like the E3 where we talk about w/e. If you want in on it let me know.

Awe thank you! You should come on sometime!

I would really love that.

Jintor

Lewd is good.

One of my friends is doing a manga with Tokyopop over in Germany. But for years before she went legit, she did a tonne of lewd comics. She said it was good anatomy practice.

Squire

Banned
Some of the highest classical art involves nudity in spades. It's not the nudity, it's how creed it can be that will turn people off.

That guys other stuff at that Pixiv link is wonderful. Wow.

Dantis

I'm surprised you're not familiar with him. I'm sure I've posted a few of his pictures on here before.

He's pretty noticeable because his art is very technically strong.

I have been away for a while, but now that I resumed my Post Game Soul Hackers content and beat Lilith, its time to spook up the joint once more. Come on my Spookies, you know you missed me.

f7n.gif

cjkeats

Good artist, but I never understood the YuXNaoto stuff. How can people cockblock Kanji like that? I was hoping Golden would address this, but they never did (that pitiful guys only Valentine's event doesn't count).

There are a few official art pieces feature just the two of them. Kinda stands out when flipping through the book, because it happens 3 pages in a row. I found myself thinking "That's an odd pair to keep reoccurring like that" .

Speaking of the official Soejima book, I was flipping through it the other day now that I'm reunited with my copy and I never really noticed the sketches on page 61. I really like the one of Teddie and the one with Yu and Makoto.

Dantis

There are a few official art pieces feature just the two of them. Kinda stands out when flipping through the book, because it happens 3 pages in a row. I found myself thinking "That's an odd pair to keep reoccurring like that" .

I can explain this.

When P4 was set for release, Soejima was hired to do various illustrations for retailer specific preorder bonuses. He worked with each specific retailer to create an image that they wanted, which is why the character choices are weird, because the retailers didn't actually know who was who, and were going purely off the aesthetics. That's also why there's an image of Yukiko and Naoto, despite them having virtually zero interactions within the game.

Also, at that point Soejima was drawing Naoto more like a boy. It was only post-release when he changed the way he drew her.

cjkeats

I can explain this.

When P4 was set for release, Soejima was hired to do various illustrations for retailer specific preorder bonuses. He worked with each specific retailer to create an image that they wanted, which is why the character choices are weird, because the retailers didn't actually know who was who, and were going purely off the aesthetics. That's also why there's an image of Yukiko and Naoto, despite them having virtually zero interactions within the game.

Also, at that point Soejima was drawing Naoto more like a boy. It was only post-release when he changed the way he drew her.

That makes sense. They are all labeled "Original Bonus" after all.

Gamerloid

Begin Persona 5 9/9 speculation.

It's almost next Tuesday!

Sorry, but Persona 4.5 will be announced. It's the story of Person 4 Arena but turned into a RPG. The plan is to make one true story instead of having you play as multiple characters with their own version of the game.

I'm regretting not getting that Soejima art book while I had the chance. I got the P4 one because I wanted to see the rough sketches and hadn't played P3 yet, planned on getting it later but now it's sold out =/.

Anyway, started EP. Kinda strange that Tatsuya and Maya switch as silent protag, but should be interesting not playing as a student. Katsuya and Ulala seem pretty cool. The interface used to input commands isn't the most elegant thing ever but whatevs. Should be fun.

What's the general consensus about which is better, IS or EP?

I'm regretting not getting that Soejima art book while I had the chance. I got the P4 one because I wanted to see the rough sketches and hadn't played P3 yet, planned on getting it later but now it's sold out =/.

Anyway, started EP. Kinda strange that Tatsuya and Maya switch as silent protag, but should be interesting not playing as a student. Katsuya and Ulala seem pretty cool. The interface used to input commands isn't the most elegant thing ever but whatevs. Should be fun.

What's the general consensus about which is better, IS or EP?

I say EP > IS

Tamanon

Banned
It almost seems to follow that you like whichever one of the two you played first.

I love Eternal Punishment, but never got too far in Innocent Sin. But I can see IS's characters as slightly more appealing.

Astra

I predict that Persona 5's color will be transluscent.
Because it probably won't show up. I am tremendously jaded at this point.

I hear ya. Well, I'm not so much jaded, as I just don't care anymore. When it's announced, I'll be super hyped, of course.

EMT0

Banned
ArenaGAF, if I'm curious about fighting games, liked Persona 4 Arena, and want to try and see if I can go a bit deeper, what would you recommend for baabi's first fightstick(on a PS3)?

Dantis

That said, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but why does Mitsuuru have a lightsabre anyway

Because Arena's art is all very goofy.

Like I said before, I think Soejima was trying to either take it a different direction, or was specifically asked to take it that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom