• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

That said, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but why does Mitsuuru have a lightsabre anyway
Because Arena's art is all very goofy.

Like I said before, I think Soejima was trying to either take it a different direction, or was specifically asked to take it that direction.

ITT: People who don't recognize it's one of Mitsuru's weapons from Persona 3 Portable. =p

isnt it just a red rapier

Yup, she has it as a weapon. I think it's the Damascus Rapier, not 100% sure tho.

b3j57VP.jpg
lol
My point is that they chose a weapon that fits Arena's more zany aesthetic.
then why doesn't Yu have a more zany weapon? Why not the golf club?

Guys, call me crazy, but I THINK Dantis might have something against Persona 4 Arena!

Don't take my word for it though. It's only a hypothesis.

Squire

Banned
I'm not getting how it's "zany" when it's an old weapon from P3, she's always been a fencer, and - just for the sake of argument - Damascus is even an actual type of steel.

That's downright grounded.

Rhapsody

Banned
On the topic of Arena earlier, was all the ingame art done by Soejima as well? I haven't checked out the arena artbook, so I was curious.
The style just feels more of a straight-forward kind of look instead of Soejima's usual style (but that could've been the goal).

Just wondering since I remember ingame art in Fate/Unlimited Codes was done by a Capcom artist, just emulated to look like the usual Takeuchi art.

Sophia

On the topic of Arena earlier, was all the ingame art done by Soejima as well? I haven't checked out the arena artbook, so I was curious.
The style just feels more of a straight-forward kind of look instead of Soejima's usual style (but that could've been the goal).

Just wondering since I remember ingame art in Fate/Unlimited Codes was done by a Capcom artist, just emulated to look like the usual Takeuchi art.

No, some of it was Shuji Sogabe (The P3/P4 manga artist), and some of it was ArcSys's internal teams.

Rhapsody

Banned
I see. Been looking at all the official art between games and was curious. While I know in-game art isn't going to have the same effort as promo art, I was interested if that was the case or not.

Sophia

I see. Been looking at all the official art between games and was curious. While I know in-game art isn't going to have the same effort as promo art, I was interested if that was the case or not.

You can tell which art is Sogabe's art, because he puts more emphasis on expressions and angles, and there's less detail than Soejima's art

Snakeyes

Oh man, this system feels real comfy. Maybe it's just post-purchase bliss, but I may actually prefer the Vita's design to the 3DS XL's. The d-pad is especially nice.

Sophia

Oh man, this system feels real comfy. Maybe it's just post-purchase bliss, but I may actually prefer the Vita's design to the 3DS XL's. The d-pad is especially nice.

It's not post-purchase bliss. The system really does feel that good compared to the 3DS.

Astra

The Vita does feel very nice. My hands still get cramped up pretty badly after awhile using it.
I love the Dpad. I think it's the best of all the modern systems.

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't had any issues with my hands when I play handhelds until the 3DS. Don't know why but it just feels uncomfortable compared to the Lite.

ROUNDED CORNERS of the vita make such a great different. Fucking 3DS corners pierce the hands like a jacknife

I played like, 200 hours of Kid Icarus. My wrist sounds like a cement mixer and I have a permanent red mark on my left palm now.

IT WAS SO TOTALLY WORTH IT, THOUGH.

Squire

Banned
Long (awesome) off-topic podcast with Shidoshi is in the csn.

We even got some scoops! Idea Factory is porting TitanFall to 360 and Persona 5 is a 2DS exclusive!! :b

Squire

Banned
Persona_ebooks said:
@Persona_ebooks: a baka in the streets but a senpai in the sheets

@Persona_ebooks: asking Aigis to sit on my lap was not a good idea because now my legs are crushed but damn it was still pretty worth it

@Persona_ebooks: Minato transfers to Seven Sisters High but is later disappointed that there aren't literally seven sisters for him to bone

LOL

Yeah, if you're not following @Persona_ebooks, you need to correct that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom