• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

did it happen

XLQSXhU.gif

Musolf815

So realistically, if it ever did get revealed in Famitsu, how long would it take for us to hear about it? I remember reading something on here about leaks showing up later in the day?

Dantis

con·de·scend·ing /ˌkändəˈsendiNG/

Adjective

1.Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority

Judging by the fact that your last four or so posts have restated the exact same point to the extent of hammering it in, I'd say you either need to phrase your thoughts better or be a bit more adult.

We're aware of your thoughts on Arena, and you're entitled to those thoughts. It's when you start dismissing everyone else's thoughts when it becomes a problem.

It's called banter, Scrafty. You're applying too much gravitas.

I considered making a condescending response to your condescending response, but this is a very silly discussion. Especially as Jintor wasn't even offended.

Wrong Tuesday. It's next week.

Has Famitsu leaked already?

Tamanon

Banned
So realistically, if it ever did get revealed in Famitsu, how long would it take for us to hear about it? I remember reading something on here about leaks showing up later in the day?

Yeah, you'd hear about it later on, would probably be the first thing to leak.

Marche90

Normally, around 8 hours from now. But today famitsu started leaking early, so there's nothing this week

It's called banter, Scrafty. You're applying too much gravitas.

I considered making a condescending response to your condescending response, but this is a very silly discussion. Especially as Jintor wasn't even offended.

I'm sorry. That whole line of thought came from my being tired due to working an overnight shift, and I'm a bastard when I'm tired. Sorry if I offended you :/

Mrcapcom

Ok so I just started the persona family. I played P3P on PSP, beat it and I loved it. I watched some of the P4 Anime I think I stopped at episode 18 but im going to start back up and finish it. I just got a VIta and P4 Golden.

My Question is:

Is It ok to fuse Izanagi(the first persona aka the one on the box)? I always felt like I had to keep him but I levels up extremely slower than all the other ones. ATM I'm like level 17 in the game I can't beat the king dude thats in the spot where I just saved the girl with the bird for a persona aka the one that works at the Inn. Just in case you haven't noticed im really bad with remembering names lol

Caladrius

Ok so I just started the persona family. I played P3P on PSP, beat it and I loved it. I watched some of the P4 Anime I think I stopped at episode 18 but im going to start back up and finish it. I just got a VIta and P4 Golden.

My Question is:

Is It ok to fuse Izanagi(the first persona aka the one on the box)? I always felt like I had to keep him but I levels up extremely slower than all the other ones. ATM I'm like level 17 in the game I can't beat the king dude thats in the spot where I just saved the girl with the bird for a persona aka the one that works at the Inn. Just in case you haven't noticed im really bad with remembering names lol

Fuse him. Fuse personae as often as possible to increase the amount of skills available to you. Izanagi's tarukaja is too useful to keep on such a low-level persona. Don't bother with the king boss until after you've cleared another dungeon, he's extremely hard to survive against unless you're much higher leveled than him.

Fuse him. Fuse personae as often as possible to increase the amount of skills available to you. Izanagi's tarukaja is too useful to keep on such a low-level persona. Don't bother with the king boss until after you've cleared another dungeon, he's extremely hard to survive against unless you're much higher leveled than him.

King also like tricking new people with his Red Wall, which is pretty funny to be honest

Trigger

My Question is:

Persona are saved the moment you acquire them, and for free you can save a copy of a persona's skills at anytime by just visiting Margaret in the Velvet Room. You can fuse away Izanagi anytime you want because you can just re-buy him later. Izanagi is actually a pretty great persona in P4 Golden because of how quickly all the stat bonuses stack up if you do a little grinding, but yeah fuse him away if you want.

The king in Yukiko's dungeon is an extra boss you can fight anytime. He's not supposed to be an easy fight. I prefer to save extra bosses for after I complete the next dungeon.

Mrcapcom

LOL Thanks a bunch cause I was going to Fuse him but I like his style I was like knowing me ill fuse him and like never be able to get him back or I need him for some special event later.

Should I just be fusing non stop to get new Personas or try to hang on to the ones I have for abit? Is the guy with the coffins on his back from p3p in here? I like him he was cool I remember it takign forever to fuse him though something like needing 20 personas or something.

Mrcapcom

King also like tricking new people with his Red Wall, which is pretty funny to be honest

Lol I fell for it im like omg yes red wall down spam him with fire. I got him down alot too smh I just went back home and now its raining and I think its golden week. Hopefully I get to the new dungeon soon. Is there a trick to getting gold faster or something else I should be doing? I totally forgot I got a job smh gotta check that next time I play lol

Sophia

Has Famitsu leaked already?

No, it hasn't. What has leaked was Jump.

Remember you'll know when Famitsu has leaked, because the review scores usually show up.

LOL Thanks a bunch cause I was going to Fuse him but I like his style I was like knowing me ill fuse him and like never be able to get him back or I need him for some special event later.

Should I just be fusing non stop to get new Personas or try to hang on to the ones I have for abit? Is the guy with the coffins on his back from p3p in here? I like him he was cool I remember it takign forever to fuse him though something like needing 20 personas or something.

You should be fusing as much as necessary to beat whatever enemies are in your path. If your current Personae are not working against the enemies you're fighting, fuse. If they are, keep going.

Don't. Fear. Fusion. Number one rule of a MegaTen/Persona game. :|

Trigger

Should I just be fusing non stop to get new Personas or try to hang on to the ones I have for abit?

It's up to you honestly. Both strategies are viable.

Is the guy with the coffins on his back from p3p in here? I like him he was cool I remember it takign forever to fuse him though something like needing 20 personas or something.

Nope, he's unique to Persona 3.

Dantis

No, it hasn't. What has leaked was Jump.

Remember you'll know when Famitsu has leaked, because the review scores usually show up.

Sound.

The way everyone was talking it sounded like it had already leaked and there was just nothing interesting, which would be disappointing.

Mrcapcom

Thanks everyone for the info I can be a lil bit at ease now with playing the game.

One more question about money is it easier to get later on as I play the game? I seem to run out quickly although I do grind alot in the dungeons. I been trying to do as much as I can in one day because after awhile the game will auto end right?

Sound.

The way everyone was talking it sounded like it had already leaked and there was just nothing interesting, which would be disappointing.

But
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.
You must be excited!

I gave P4A a little go earlier..never made it to the story mode. Spent all my time in versus >_>

Sophia

Thanks everyone for the info I can be a lil bit at ease now with playing the game.

One more question about money is it easier to get later on as I play the game? I seem to run out quickly although I do grind alot in the dungeons. I been trying to do as much as I can in one day because after awhile the game will auto end right?

You'll get more money as the game progresses. Sooner or later you'll have jobs available to you. Many of which often increase stats or start a social link too. Make sure you're selling the material items you get off of enemies to Daidara, as they're worth a pretty penny and there is no benefit to holding onto them.

Don't worry too much about the end of the game. The game does automatically end should you fail to save a victim, and the whole game is on a year timer, but there are means of staying in the dungeon as long as you want. Especially if you're playing Golden.

Mrcapcom

but there are means of staying in the dungeon as long as you want. Especially if you're playing Golden.

What means are this? I can usually go in a dungeon and keep fighting but I have no way of recovering my HP/SP. Yea sometimes ill get a card but I barely even see it work. I have some items that drop but other than that I have no clue how to stay in one as long as I want other than leaving and coming back and even still my hp/sp doesn't regen

Rhapsody

Banned
So guys when Person 5 will finally get announced (lol) you think GAF will go down?
If it was revealed live on stream, then yes. Otherwise, I don't think so.
What means are this? I can usually go in a dungeon and keep fighting but I have no way of recovering my HP/SP. Yea sometimes ill get a card but I barely even see it work. I have some items that drop but other than that I have no clue how to stay in one as long as I want other than leaving and coming back and even still my hp/sp doesn't regen

Doing the Hermit Social Link lets you recover HP/SP in the dungeon. The higher level it is, the less you have to pay for that service.
Leveling up the Lovers Arcana S Link will randomly help you with HP/SP during battle.

Other than that, on Golden, there's an SOS thing you can press. It's not a lot, but you can recover some HP when you enter a battle.

Sophia

You can farm the lower levels of Yukiko's Castle pretty easily for SP recovery items too. Not the most elegant way, but it works if you're out of options.

Mrcapcom

You can farm the lower levels of Yukiko's Castle pretty easily for SP recovery items too. Not the most elegant way, but it works if you're out of options.

Thats what I been doing but it gets boring fast and espcially since I can't get any real exp out of it. I'll just keep building up my link till I get to the next gungeon I suppose and do like above and max out those social links when I can. Is it hard to max out links like it was in p3p?

Sophia

Thats what I been doing but it gets boring fast and espcially since I can't get any real exp out of it. I'll just keep building up my link till I get to the next gungeon I suppose and do like above and max out those social links when I can. Is it hard to max out links like it was in p3p?

Easier than P3P, but still difficult to do in a first playthrough. I assume you're playing Golden, so try to keep shuffle time going as much as possible. You'll find automatic level up cards in there too, as well as stat increasing cards and skill cards. All valuable.

Rhapsody

Banned
Those cards that level up skills were so useful in Golden. Gaining access to strong physical moves early on really helped with the grinding.

For the Hermit S Link, I suggest looking at a guide since it's based on sidequests. Golden's is slightly different than the PS2's iirc, so be careful.

Mrcapcom

Easier than P3P, but still difficult to do in a first playthrough. I assume you're playing Golden, so try to keep shuffle time going as much as possible. You'll find automatic level up cards in there too, as well as stat increasing cards and skill cards. All valuable.

What you mean keep shuffle going as long as possible? Sometimes I dont' even get shuffle time =/ I dont know if i ever saw level cards but stat increases for like luck i seen those.

Those cards that level up skills were so useful in Golden. Gaining access to strong physical moves early on really helped with the grinding.

Which cards? The ones I can give the new girl in the velvet room?

Rhapsody

Banned
Which cards? The ones I can give the new girl in the velvet room?
The one during Shuffle Time. One of the cards levels up a random skill of the Persona you currently have equipped. I think it's the Magician card that levels up skills. Try to have a persona that has a physical skill that targets all enemies. It really helps on regular fights and the golden hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom