• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything I'm more interested in hearing about the Index selling stuff news much before anything out of P5. Climax though, that I want to hear more of, mainly because Arc isn't up a creek without a paddle like the whole Index mess, so even a little something would be nice.

Lunar15

It's a shame Persona 5 wasn't at the Sony conference.

But hey, I'm sure Nintendo has a few directs coming up...

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

Sophia

Apparently I'm missing something.

Why should we give this any kind of credence? Isn't he just guessing?

A couple people have backed up that Y2Kev has info. However to what that extends to we don't know. He could be guessing, or he could just be masquerading it as a guess.

Sophia

To be honest, I've stopped caring about Persona 5 for the most part. The Index situation has made me lose interest about a game nobody's even seen. I'm more interested in Persona 4 Arena Climax. The out of nowhere location test made me excited for more info, and yet the game virtually dropped off the face of the planet as quick as it appeared. Which sucks.

Sophia

Persona 5 is a game about everyone being turned into dogs. From the outside world, the city is normal. But once you're in it. Dogs everywhere. You control a male or female pug and try to save the world from the evil shadows and return the city to normal.

>_>;

I still need to play the story on P4A..is it actually good?

My biggest fear with Persona 5 is that they will try to live up to P4 too much and won't focus on making it it's own thing.

Jintor

Persona 5 is a game about everyone being turned into dogs. From the outside world, the city is normal. But once you're in it. Dogs everywhere. You control a male or female pug and try to save the world from the evil shadows and return the city to normal.

>_>;

TOKYO-JUNGLE_SS03-copy.jpg

Daimaou

>_>;

But I'm a cat person.

Sophia

Disappointing...I guess I have to do it though right, it's classed as canon?

Remember you're responding to Dantis.

Most sane people would argue that P4A's story mode is pretty good, but not exceptional. The P3 cast members + Labrys are far better than the P4 cast members.

Jintor

I can think of 3 minor points off the top of my head:

- Needless, almost entirely pointless, overly verbose internal dialogue (although this is typical of the visual novel genre, being honest)
- Aggressive flanderization of character traits (Yosuke being homophobic, Chie's meat love, Akihiko's protein popping)
- Half the routes being the same goddamn thing

However, it introduces a lot of neat little concepts, the P3 stories and Naoto are pretty great, you will stand on a beach and cry a lot, and it's got some fucking amazing background art.

One day I'll buy P4A. EXCEPT IT FUCKING LAUNCHED AT $70 HERE ALMOST A YEAR AFTER IT FIRST CAME OUT. GAWD DAMN.

- Needless, almost entirely pointless, overly verbose internal dialogue (although this is typical of the visual novel genre, being honest)
- Aggressive flanderization of character traits (Yosuke being homophobic, Chie's meat love, Akihiko's protein popping)

However, it introduces a lot of neat little concepts, the P3 stories and Naoto are pretty great, you will stand on a beach and cry a lot, and it's got some fucking amazing background art.

One day I'll buy P4A. EXCEPT IT FUCKING LAUNCHED AT $70 HERE ALMOST A YEAR AFTER IT FIRST CAME OUT. GAWD DAMN.

Again I don't honestly see the yosuke homophobe thing. If anything, he is less of a homophobe in P4A than he is in P4, and he isn't even that much in P4, he is just an idiot.

Omikaru

If you can import from UK, it's going super cheap over here now. It price dropped like crazy.

Jintor

It is, to be honest, but the tie-in with P3 is a rather nice bit and it recontextualises (or borrows from) the original scene in a nice way.

Kazzy

Again I don't honestly see the yosuke homophobe thing. If anything, he is less of a homophobe in P4A than he is in P4, and he isn't even that much in P4, he is just an idiot.

Yup, and if I wasn't so busy (lazy), I'd dig up my impassioned defence of the little magician!

Remember you're responding to Dantis.

Most sane people would argue that P4A's story mode is pretty good, but not exceptional. The P3 cast members + Labrys are far better than the P4 cast members.

Is there alot of interaction between P3 cast and P4? I'll get started on it tonight!

I've shipped stuff to Australia before. It wasn't that bad.

Yep. Something the size of a DVD case shouldn't cost alot at all.

You're British, I don't expect you to understand my love for beaches

woah now, don't lump us all with him. I very much enjoy Swanage beach.

Daimaou

It's like his trademark thing, sort of how when I'm being sarcastic i usually don't capitalize any of my letters....which sounds kind of like a crazy person's thing lol.

I do basically the same thing. I'm much less inclined to punctuate or capitalize things when I'm not being serious.

Sophia

You know, adding a winky face to the end of your statement doesn't make it less condescending.

;)

If anything, it makes it more condescending.

Is there alot of interaction between P3 cast and P4? I'll get started on it tonight!

Virtually everyone (except Yukiko for some odd reason) has some great interactions with each other. Yosuke and Aigis, as well as Elizabeth and Yu are among my favorites. Mitsuru and Naoto as well.

You know, that wasn't a condescending statement (Unless Jintor wrote Arena's story, of course).

;)

con·de·scend·ing /ˌkändəˈsendiNG/

Adjective

1.Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority

Judging by the fact that your last four or so posts have restated the exact same point to the extent of hammering it in, I'd say you either need to phrase your thoughts better or be a bit more adult.

We're aware of your thoughts on Arena, and you're entitled to those thoughts. It's when you start dismissing everyone else's thoughts when it becomes a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom